speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 1172
December 14th, 2020 at 6:00:45 PM permalink
1-I just wonder whether the 2020 US presidential election result is official? Or is it still open for betting? If so when will the results be official?
2-Also, I wonder will any good standing and honorable member take my bet please? I will take TRUMP to win and US$100 will be my bet. What will be the odds please?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy 
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 96
  • Posts: 4482
Thanks for this post from:
speedycrap
December 14th, 2020 at 6:37:56 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

1-I just wonder whether the 2020 US presidential election result is official? Or is it still open for betting? If so when will the results be official?
2-Also, I wonder will any good standing and honorable member take my bet please? I will take TRUMP to win and US$100 will be my bet. What will be the odds please?


The election isn't "official" until the electoral votes are counted in Congress on January 6. This is because the electoral votes can be challenged. If, when a particular state is called, at least one Representative and at least one Senator object, and there is a second set of votes from that state, then the House and Senate vote separately to decide which set to accept; if they split, then whichever set was certified by the state is accepted.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9982
December 14th, 2020 at 8:13:05 PM permalink
I have to believe that any Senator that engaged in such a travesty would be infamous, and disowned by the rest of the Senate. Why would a Senator want to be associated with a vote that was doomed from the beginning.
Mental
Mental
Joined: Dec 10, 2018
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 110
December 15th, 2020 at 3:39:14 AM permalink
Still an active market taking wagers on the Nov 3rd 2020 election:
https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3698/Who-will-win-the-2020-US-presidential-election

They did finally close some state election markets in contested states early this morning. And, of course, you can still wager on the Georgia Senate races.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7245
December 15th, 2020 at 6:36:38 AM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

1-I just wonder whether the 2020 US presidential election result is official? Or is it still open for betting? If so when will the results be official?
2-Also, I wonder will any good standing and honorable member take my bet please? I will take TRUMP to win and US$100 will be my bet. What will be the odds please?



Welcome back Speedy! As far as money, I would give 10-1 odds without blinking an eye! It's not that I don't trust you (Speedy politely bought me lunch when we met up!) but I just don't want to take your money! I hope the Wizard sees this.... I think he would take some action.

I have so much more to say about what would happen to the country if this were to happen, but it would obviously cross the line into political and I'm not interested enough to be suspended again!
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3692
December 15th, 2020 at 7:29:02 AM permalink
Bovada has paid out already. Predictit has not. I'd take 1-10 in a heartbeat on Trump not being president on 1/21/21.
Mental
Mental
Joined: Dec 10, 2018
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 110
December 15th, 2020 at 7:36:06 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Bovada has paid out already. Predictit has not. I'd take 1-10 in a heartbeat on Trump not being president on 1/21/21.



There were plenty of ways to bet at better odds than that yesterday at PI, even after the EC put Biden over the top.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9982
December 15th, 2020 at 8:09:34 AM permalink
Someone will always find a way to shear the sheep.
speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 1172
December 15th, 2020 at 5:05:41 PM permalink
10-1 is a very tempting figure. May I change the wording a bit please. I will take 10-1 that Joe Biden will NOT be president of USA on 20 January 2021. I will wager up to US$100 wo win US$1,000. Any taker can wager from US$10-US$100. My max is US$100. I will keep this open up to 800pm EST 17 dec. 2020.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7245
December 15th, 2020 at 5:35:16 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

10-1 is a very tempting figure. May I change the wording a bit please. I will take 10-1 that Joe Biden will NOT be president of USA on 20 January 2021. I will wager up to US$100 wo win US$1,000. Any taker can wager from US$10-US$100. My max is US$100. I will keep this open up to 800pm EST 17 dec. 2020.



That is a slightly different bet. He certainly has a non zero chance of dying before 1/20/2021. He also might admit to being not healthy enough and would be happy with Kamala being President. That is quite different from Trump being inaugurated for a second term. Also, I can imagine a scenario where the inauguration is pushed back a day or two.

  • Jump to: