6th and hasn't visited the forum since
the 10th. Not like her.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1336
May 13th, 2020 at 4:51:39 PM permalink
Her forum activity has been way down for a while now. I figure she is probably busy with more important things. She sent me a PM on May 9 and didn't mention anything to be worried about.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 513
May 13th, 2020 at 4:52:04 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Where is BBB, she hasn't posted since the
6th and hasn't visited the forum since
the 10th. Not like her.

yeah, it's been a couple of months since i saw her name in the 'WHO HAVE VISITED THE FORUM TODAY' 24hrs list.
granted i havent looked at the list everyday but whenever i looked since the virus lockdown in March, i havent seen her name
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
rdw4potustringlomaneEdCollins
May 13th, 2020 at 7:18:45 PM permalink
Hi, guys. Thanks for looking out for me.

When I put my 60 lb dog in the car, he couldn't walk, and my mom tried to help but she dropped her end, and I got hurt pretty badly grabbing and twisting to keep him from falling. So I went through with taking him over the bridge, and it got worse and worse. I've been nailing painkillers, seeing doctors, and trying to survive my mom's deterioration. Which has led to a general lethargy, if not outright stupor. And what takes 5 minutes not hurt now takes an hour.

So then Fri night the left side of my face swelled up, and the pain of all that almost made me forget how bad my back and leg hurt. My dentist is closed for the virus, but got me to an endodontist this morning for a root canal, where they also drained an ungodly amount of infection. So in this 10 minutes of lucidity now, I'm catching y'all up. I expect to be in and out for at least a few more days. Pain pills, antibiotics, not a fun regimen.

However, I'm also aware of people like Doc, Petro, and Greasy John who make my medical issues look like hangnails, so I'll stop whining there.

Thanks for giving a crap. Truly.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
beachbumbabs
May 13th, 2020 at 7:34:46 PM permalink
Oh geez Babs, hang in there. Iím sorry about your pup, that really hurts. Best damn dog ever.
NO KILL I
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 72
beachbumbabs
May 13th, 2020 at 8:06:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

However, I'm also aware of people like Doc, Petro, and Greasy John who make my medical issues look like hangnails, so I'll stop whining there.

What, my 23 or 24 surgeries doesn't get me on the list?

I hope you feel better. We miss hearing from you.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
May 13th, 2020 at 9:06:58 PM permalink
And DRich, for sure .

Perhaps I should start a thread where everybody gets to sound off about their medical trials and tribulations. I was raised to believe nobody wanted to hear it, so I usually don't discuss it. But if people want to trade off sympathies and gores, it could be done.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
May 13th, 2020 at 10:11:54 PM permalink

However, I'm also aware of people like Doc, Petro, and Greasy John who make my medical issues look like hangnails, so

An average day for Fleastiff.. Lesson
here, we outgrow big dogs. Now
it's 20 pounds and under, a lot
less hassle. Get a Bichon, it will
be the love of your life.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
odiousgambitbeachbumbabs
May 14th, 2020 at 6:13:12 AM permalink

First of all, perhaps I have been the whining one in the past -- I think my medical situation is generally pretty good for a guy my age. I have already outlived almost all of my male ancestors that I know about.

I suspect that Babs is thinking about two incidents, one where I was suffering from kidney stone issues during our Spring Fling 2018 and had to cut my visit short, and the other just a year later when I was still recovering from hip replacement surgery and had somewhat limited mobility during Spring Fling 2019. I probably should have stayed home both of those times and not been such a nuisance to other attendees, but I didn't want to miss out completely on the fun stuff that I knew would be going on.

And BBB, we give more than a "crap" about you!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
May 14th, 2020 at 7:02:16 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

First of all, perhaps I have been the whining one in the past -- I think my medical situation is generally pretty good for a guy my age. I have already outlived almost all of my male ancestors that I know about.

I suspect that Babs is thinking about two incidents, one where I was suffering from kidney stone issues during our Spring Fling 2018 and had to cut my visit short, and the other just a year later when I was still recovering from hip replacement surgery and had somewhat limited mobility during Spring Fling 2019. I probably should have stayed home both of those times and not been such a nuisance to other attendees, but I didn't want to miss out completely on the fun stuff that I knew would be going on.

And BBB, we give more than a "crap" about you!

Would not have missed seeing you either time. Glad you persevere. Much love to you and Mrs. Doc.

• Jump to: