Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 5th, 2024 at 2:46:38 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

I'm 2008, David Phyall, a 50 year old Englishman, committed suicide by cutting off his own head with a chainsaw. Phyall was the last holdout in an apartment building scheduled to be demolished by a developer and it's thought he did it as a last act of defiance.
link to original post

That's not an act of defiance, that's serious mental illness.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
July 5th, 2024 at 2:52:11 PM permalink
There was a story, way back in the 1990s about 3 drunk Australians bragging about who was more macho with a chainsaw. Guess what happened?
Sanitized for Your Protection
camapl
camapl
  • Threads: 8
July 6th, 2024 at 7:12:19 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

There was a story, way back in the 1990s about 3 drunk Australians bragging about who was more macho with a chainsaw. Guess what happened?
link to original post

The first lost an arm, the second lost a leg, and the third lost his head? Just guessing-didn’t Google…
It’s a dog eat dog world. …Or maybe it’s the other way around!
rxwine
rxwine
July 10th, 2024 at 5:28:39 PM permalink
Quote: camapl

link to original post

The first lost an arm, the second lost a leg, and the third lost his head? Just guessing-didn’t Google…
link to original post

Just one head.
rxwine
rxwine
July 10th, 2024 at 5:29:25 PM permalink
Alf actor Benji Gregory found dead in his car aged 46 as fans express grief at 'crushing' death.

There goes the reboot.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
July 11th, 2024 at 9:37:25 AM permalink
Shelley Duvall died today. 😫 RIP to a marvelous Actress. 🪽
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
July 11th, 2024 at 6:00:20 PM permalink

Alf actor Benji Gregory found dead in his car aged 46 as fans express grief at 'crushing' death.

There goes the reboot.
link to original post

I am pathetic. Once again no idea who that is but I would guess an actor again. I may know less about pop culture than anyone.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Nathan
Nathan
July 11th, 2024 at 6:37:46 PM permalink

There goes the reboot.
link to original post

46 years old is incredibly young to die.😫 RIP to Benji Gregory. 😫 Bengi was only SIX years older than I am! 🥶😱😳
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 91
July 13th, 2024 at 9:17:08 AM permalink
Dr. Ruth Westheimer at age 96.

As far as I know, she was the first person who could say "penis" on network television without getting bleeped. I learned awhile back the impressive and humorous fact that she was a trained sniper.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
July 13th, 2024 at 3:21:54 PM permalink
Richard Simmons, R.I.P.

So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 243
July 14th, 2024 at 6:11:24 AM permalink
Shannen Doherty
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 18th, 2024 at 1:56:07 PM permalink
Bob Newhart, 94
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 18th, 2024 at 3:21:46 PM permalink
Lou Dobbs, 78
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
July 25th, 2024 at 8:00:27 AM permalink

Back on July 13th, Brazilian singing sensation Ayres Sasaki died when he was electrocuted live on stage. Sasaki was performing at the Solar Hotel in the city of Salinopolis when a soaking wet crowd member came on stage and hugged the 35-year-old musician. This jostled the singer into some cables supplying power to all the equipment.

The dripping water created a short circuit with Sasaki's body suddenly becoming the easiest path to ground. He died almost instantly while the audience looked on, first in confusion and then in dawning horror. No word as to why the fan was soaking wet or what injuries he received.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------

Elsewhere in the bizarre deaths folder we have...

In 2009, Vladimir Likhonos died when a piece of chewing gum exploded in his mouth. Likhonos was a Ukrainian chemistry student in Kiev. He was a gum chewer, and had gotten into the habit of dipping his gum into a jar of powdered citric acid at his desk to prolong the flavor. What appears to have happened is that, while concentrating on an experiment, he accidently dipped his gum into a jar of powdered explosive that he had opened for another project.

He placed the gum in his mouth and bit down...

The resulting blast blew off both his jaw and the lower part of his face. He was declared dead at the scene and it's reported that even the hardened Ukrainian police responders were sickened by what they saw.
Last edited by: Gialmere on Jul 25, 2024
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Nathan
Nathan
July 25th, 2024 at 11:37:45 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Back on July 13th, Brazilian singing sensation Ayres Sasaki died when he was electrocuted live on stage. Sasaki was performing at the Solar Hotel in the city of Salinopolis when a soaking wet crowd member came on stage and hugged the 35-year-old musician. This jostled the singer into some cables supplying power to all the equipment.

The dripping water created a short circuit with Sasaki's body suddenly become the easiest path to ground. He died almost instantly while the audience looked on, first in confusion and then in dawning horror. No word as to why the fan was soaking wet or what injuries he received.

-----link to original post

This is why all places that have stages should have plexiglass barriers between the Audience and the Performers. 💡🤔Poor Sasaki, being killed at only 35 by a random hug from a soaking wet fan when he was near cables that had power in them. 😫 I have a VERY deep feeling that the soaking wet fan will be getting some VERY deep questioning by the Authorities. 💡☢️🤔
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 25th, 2024 at 12:34:34 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

This is why all places that have stages should have plexiglass barriers between the Audience and the Performers.

Oh, please. Who wants to watch a show like that?
Nathan
Nathan
July 25th, 2024 at 2:10:16 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This is why all places that have stages should have plexiglass barriers between the Audience and the Performers.

link to original post

It will protect the Performers from getting hurt or killed by the Audience Members and on the flip side it will prevent the Fans from getting hurt from the Performers. For instance, Axl Rose was being illegally filmed in the Riverport Concert Riot, so he DIVED into the crowd and PUNCHED a guy in his head(Axl said he SLAPPED a Security Guard for not doing his job, and said it was a "Wake up!" slap, but it looks like a PUNCH to me) 🤔💡 On the other hand, a Fan threw a glass bottle filled with urine at Duff and Duff was knocked out and taken to the hospital. Axl nearly got hit by a Fan throwing something that looked like a rock(On YouTube, Posters said it was actually a piece of towel hanger that was thrown. Plexiglass barriers would have prevented these incidents. Safety first. 🤔💡
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 25th, 2024 at 3:32:57 PM permalink

link to original post

It will protect the Performers from getting hurt or killed by the Audience Members and on the flip side it will prevent the Fans from getting hurt from the Performers. For instance, Axl Rose was being illegally filmed in the Riverport Concert Riot, so he DIVED into the crowd and PUNCHED a guy in his head(Axl said he SLAPPED a Security Guard for not doing his job, and said it was a "Wake up!" slap, but it looks like a PUNCH to me) 🤔💡 On the other hand, a Fan threw a glass bottle filled with urine at Duff and Duff was knocked out and taken to the hospital. Axl nearly got hit by a Fan throwing something that looked like a rock(On YouTube, Posters said it was actually a piece of towel hanger that was thrown. Plexiglass barriers would have prevented these incidents. Safety first. 🤔💡
link to original post

Nobody wants to watch performers behind plexiglass. If people are afraid they should stay home. If performers are afraid they should not tour.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 54
July 25th, 2024 at 3:46:55 PM permalink
How about behind chicken wire. Supposedly some of the real redneck bars down south used to use that to stop the beer bottles from being thrown.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 25th, 2024 at 3:56:31 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

How about behind chicken wire. Supposedly some of the real redneck bars down south used to use that to stop the beer bottles from being thrown.
link to original post

They had that when I was at Bob's Country Bunker in Kokomo.
Nathan
Nathan
July 25th, 2024 at 4:24:50 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Nobody wants to watch performers behind plexiglass. If people are afraid they should stay home. If performers are afraid they should not tour.
link to original post

Lady Gaga has plexiglass barriers at her shows. 🤔💡
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 25th, 2024 at 4:28:21 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Lady Gaga has plexiglass barriers at her shows. 🤔💡
link to original post

Good for her.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 299
July 25th, 2024 at 5:19:13 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I guess that leaves no more visits from the Pope in his popemobile.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 26th, 2024 at 2:25:29 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

The Pope is doing a concert?
darkoz
darkoz
July 26th, 2024 at 2:55:48 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

He definitely performs behind plexiglass
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 26th, 2024 at 3:59:41 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Popes have been shot at before. How does the Pope equate to a rock concert?
darkoz
darkoz
July 26th, 2024 at 7:12:05 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Popes have been shot at before. How does the Pope equate to a rock concert?
link to original post

Why do you think the Pope equates to a rock concert?

You said people don't want to see performers behind plexiglass. The Pope is behind plexiglass! And yes he is a performer (religious officers of the church often "perform" last rites amongst other types of services.)

So why do you think the Pope equates to a rock concert? I never said anything about a rock concert. You did.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 61
July 26th, 2024 at 7:17:10 AM permalink
Safety first?

Then let's do all music concerts over Zoom. That's safer than plexiglass.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 129
July 26th, 2024 at 7:30:22 AM permalink
600,000 came to see the Pope in Boston around 1980. Seems a bit bigger than a rock concert, or even Knebworth, but maybe not quite a Woodstock because it was urban without the nudity.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 26th, 2024 at 8:21:49 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Safety first?

link to original post

Right.

This whole thing reminds me of the virus and how so many people said they loved plexiglass between everything. Like they owned stock in a plexiglass maker.

Reality is total safety is an illusion. There will always be dangers. A concert behind plexiglass is just plain silly.
darkoz
darkoz
July 26th, 2024 at 9:51:36 AM permalink

Safety first?

link to original post

Right.

This whole thing reminds me of the virus and how so many people said they loved plexiglass between everything. Like they owned stock in a plexiglass maker.

Reality is total safety is an illusion. There will always be dangers. A concert behind plexiglass is just plain silly.
link to original post

No one thinks safety belts in cars make driving 100% safe. Yet their usage cuts down on vehicular deaths.

You have always advocated for zero safety measures because if something isn't 100% effective then it's not worth it, correct? Your definition of a free society is the freedom to die more often with heavier odds against survival?
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 11
July 26th, 2024 at 10:14:29 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

600,000 came to see the Pope in Boston around 1980. Seems a bit bigger than a rock concert, or even Knebworth, but maybe not quite a Woodstock because it was urban without the nudity.
link to original post

And 9 of them were me and my family, 2 of my grandparents and my then-unmarried Aunt!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 26th, 2024 at 2:30:06 PM permalink

Safety first?

link to original post

Right.

link to original post

No one thinks safety belts in cars make driving 100% safe. Yet their usage cuts down on vehicular deaths.

You have always advocated for zero safety measures because if something isn't 100% effective then it's not worth it, correct? Your definition of a free society is the freedom to die more often with heavier odds against survival?
link to original post

I advocate for sensible safety measures. I am against things that are to solve some issue that is so unlikely to happen there is a better chance of Lori Grenier finally going out with me. Too many people want total safety. If natural gas were discovered today people would be against it because of the small number of accidental explosions that happen. You cannot be totally safe. At some point you have to ask if you are trying to stop some chance of something so unlikely you look like an idiot worrying about it.
darkoz
darkoz
July 26th, 2024 at 2:50:59 PM permalink

Safety first?

link to original post

Right.

link to original post

link to original post

I advocate for sensible safety measures. I am against things that are to solve some issue that is so unlikely to happen there is a better chance of Lori Grenier finally going out with me. Too many people want total safety. If natural gas were discovered today people would be against it because of the small number of accidental explosions that happen. You cannot be totally safe. At some point you have to ask if you are trying to stop some chance of something so unlikely you look like an idiot worrying about it.
link to original post

Are natural gas explosions less likely than you getting a date with Lori Grenier?

I doubt that.
rxwine
rxwine
July 28th, 2024 at 6:14:58 AM permalink

Safety first?

link to original post

Right.

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Are natural gas explosions less likely than you getting a date with Lori Grenier?

I doubt that.
link to original post

Funny, I just saw this comment today from a buzzfeed. "When I worked for a gas utility company, the amount of people who cared more about being inconvenienced for a few days because they needed to fix a gas appliance than the fact that if they used that faulty appliance, their house could explode. Yes, it sucks, and it’s expensive to fix."

Well, not funny if you lived next to them for sure.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
July 28th, 2024 at 9:08:57 PM permalink
Oh no, I had not heard this news. That was the little boy on ALF, of the Tanner Family. I used to love ALF, it cracked me up. I don't know if I would still look at it that way, that was a long time ago. I had my first VCR, with a cord, and would tape ALF, I think on Mondays, when I was at Commerce or the Bike playing poker. In my mind, that would put it in the late 80s. I know Commerce opened in 82 and the Bike in 84, and Holdem came in about 86 or so. And now it's 2024, that's 40 years. I can't believe it. No wonder it seemed so strange to me to hear that that little boy died at 46. I would have guessed he was still 12. Well, that's too bad. Every time I look at youtube I see another familiar face, dead. Bob Newhart, one of my favorites, gone at 94. What a bummer.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Nathan
Nathan
July 29th, 2024 at 5:20:10 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Oh no, I had not heard this news. That was the little boy on ALF, of the Tanner Family. I used to love ALF, it cracked me up. I don't know if I would still look at it that way, that was a long time ago. I had my first VCR, with a cord, and would tape ALF, I think on Mondays, when I was at Commerce or the Bike playing poker. In my mind, that would put it in the late 80s. I know Commerce opened in 82 and the Bike in 84, and Holdem came in about 86 or so. And now it's 2024, that's 40 years. I can't believe it. No wonder it seemed so strange to me to hear that that little boy died at 46. I would have guessed he was still 12. Well, that's too bad. Every time I look at youtube I see another familiar face, dead. Bob Newhart, one of my favorites, gone at 94. What a bummer.
link to original post

To be fair 94 is a REALLY long life. A Bummer would be more like Selena, who was murdered at only 23 by a crazed Fan(Yolanda Saldivar)
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
July 29th, 2024 at 5:45:42 AM permalink
The one hour special on CBS on Bob newhart was very well done. Highly recommend it. Bob was always one of my favorites.
DRich
DRich
July 29th, 2024 at 6:35:24 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

The one hour special on CBS on Bob newhart was very well done. Highly recommend it. Bob was always one of my favorites.
link to original post

I loved him on TV but the comedy routine clips they have been playing have not aged well.
rxwine
rxwine
July 29th, 2024 at 7:24:38 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I loved him on TV but the comedy routine clips they have been playing have not aged well.
link to original post

I tried to like him more because he got high praise from Johnny Carson. But I can say, I have only mild amusement from his shows or comedy. I would rewatch some of his series shows to see if I enjoyed them more now, but haven't seen them on any retro channels. I remember Suzanne Pleshette mostly from his shows.
Nathan
Nathan
July 29th, 2024 at 7:26:28 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

A lot of old comedy that was found funny back then doesn't age well in 2024. I myself did a fart joke on one Website that got a lot of laughs, even the ADMIN was laughing. I went to another Website and said the same fart joke and Posters were disgusted and offended and wanted to report me.☢️ I was shocked that the same fart joke that got me laughs on one Website offended and disgusted another Website. One person's humor is another person's offense. 💡🤔 Turns out the first Website that found the fart joke funny were filled with mostly people in their 20's and the second Website has a LOT of middle aged people in their 50' and 60', s, so yeah.... 💡☢️
DRich
DRich
July 29th, 2024 at 11:14:22 AM permalink

. I myself did a fart joke on one Website that got a lot of laughs, even the ADMIN was laughing. I went to another Website and said the same fart joke and Posters were disgusted and offended and wanted to report me.☢️

FYI, i generally find fart jokes amusing.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Hunterhill
July 29th, 2024 at 11:50:55 AM permalink

. I myself did a fart joke on one Website that got a lot of laughs, even the ADMIN was laughing. I went to another Website and said the same fart joke and Posters were disgusted and offended and wanted to report me.☢️

link to original post

I grew out of them at about age 9.
rxwine
rxwine
July 29th, 2024 at 12:13:36 PM permalink

link to original post

I’ve not heard any new fart jokes in a long time. I have heard many old fart jokes.

Puns, free of charge.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
July 29th, 2024 at 4:58:35 PM permalink

link to original post

I’ve not heard any new fart jokes in a long time. I have heard many old fart jokes.

Puns, free of charge.
link to original post

I find that the jokes are one of the better perks of being an old fart.
May the cards fall in your favor.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
July 29th, 2024 at 6:39:24 PM permalink
I can look back on the first Bob Newhart show and not really think it was that funny. But I remember it well, Saturday night, right after Mary Tyler Moore. In my opinion, the second Newhart was MUCH better, excellent, in fact, with Darrel and his other brother Darrel. Btw, Tom Poston was hilarious. Speaking of Mary Tyler Moore, after Betty White, I think they are ALL gone now. Every one of them. I think three of them passed the same year. Perhaps Mr.Grant, Rhoda, Phyliss, Murray, I dunno. Depressing.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 94
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
July 29th, 2024 at 7:09:42 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I can look back on the first Bob Newhart show and not really think it was that funny. But I remember it well, Saturday night, right after Mary Tyler Moore. In my opinion, the second Newhart was MUCH better, excellent, in fact, with Darrel and his other brother Darrel. Btw, Tom Poston was hilarious. Speaking of Mary Tyler Moore, after Betty White, I think they are ALL gone now. Every one of them. I think three of them passed the same year. Perhaps Mr.Grant, Rhoda, Phyliss, Murray, I dunno. Depressing.
link to original post

I thought it was tame , saccharine and dumb. Especially the Darrel stuff that's akin to hee haw humor
I preferred something much edgier and much funnier.
All in the Family
Last edited by: terapined on Jul 29, 2024
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 442
July 29th, 2024 at 11:51:28 PM permalink
Bob Newhart was hilarious on both his TV shows because of the time he lived in. That type of humor is so subtle it goes over most people's heads now. It's like Bob Hope who was hilarious in the 1940s and 50s but he's just corny now.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 30th, 2024 at 6:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bob Newhart was hilarious on both his TV shows because of the time he lived in. That type of humor is so subtle it goes over most people's heads now. It's like Bob Hope who was hilarious in the 1940s and 50s but he's just corny now.
link to original post

His humor was for more thinking people. Not a bunch of innuendo or cheap jokes. Just clever writing. The finale to "Newhart" when that Japanese guy bought the whole town to build a golf course was both timely but room no cheap shots.
rxwine
rxwine
July 30th, 2024 at 8:01:12 AM permalink
TV show with the most subtle humor. "Gunsmoke".

I can't remember any humor so it must have been subtle. I've actually not seen that many episodes compared to how many there are. Festus was kind of amusing.
  • Jump to: