Quote: Nathan

I find a VERY disturbing recent trend of Celebrities dying in their 50's. 🥶

Morgan Spurlock died at 53.

Coolio died around age 54

DMX died around age 52

Lisa Marie Presley died at age 54.

🥶
link to original post

People start to die in their 50s. I almost died a couple years ago. If not for fear of losing my job I might well be dead as I would have tried to tough it out. As it is I figure I have 15 or so years left, maybe 20. So at the point it is more likely every year.
link to original post

You had a near death experience? 🤔🥶
link to original post

My organs started shutting down. Was in hospital for weeks. They didn’t even tell me how bad I was until I got out.
link to original post

YIKES! 🥶😱😳
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
May 25th, 2024 at 5:43:09 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

People start to die in their 50s. I almost died a couple years ago. If not for fear of losing my job I might well be dead as I would have tried to tough it out. As it is I figure I have 15 or so years left, maybe 20. So at the point it is more likely every year.
link to original post

link to original post

My organs started shutting down. Was in hospital for weeks. They didn’t even tell me how bad I was until I got out.
link to original post

What was the cause if you don't mind me asking?
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
Thanked by
rawtuff
May 25th, 2024 at 6:29:21 AM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

What was the cause if you don't mind me asking?
link to original post

Sepsis. Bunch of cysts on my liver caused that.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 25th, 2024 at 6:41:32 AM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

My first reaction was that these are all show business celebrities and that their lifestyles are not conducive to living a long life. Not sure if that's fair . . . Professional athletes also seem to die young

Do celebrities who are politicians, scientists, billionaires & businessman die young?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 25th, 2024 at 9:16:39 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

My first reaction was that these are all show business celebrities and that their lifestyles are not conducive to living a long life. Not sure if that's fair . . . Professional athletes also seem to die young

Do celebrities who are politicians, scientists, billionaires & businessman die young?
link to original post

Athletes not only die young it can be because of freak things like a car accident. I saw once than nfl players die like 10 years younger than average but there was not one or a few common reasons.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 25th, 2024 at 9:34:50 AM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

link to original post

I lost count of the number of men that I knew who died in their 50s. I ran out of fingers to count on. If you could make it into your sixties if you're a man you can probably make it to 75 or 80. You're 50s is the testing ground.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
May 25th, 2024 at 9:45:08 AM permalink
I have whole life and term life insurance. My term life policy (40 year term) which is massive won't pay a nickel if I make it past 80, so that must be the age that my insurance company thinks I will live beyond. It wasn't easy to get it they did a full medical and background screening on me, and ran lots of tests including blood and EKG.

I remember explaining that policy to my wife and telling her that well, if I make it past 80 all the money we pay towards it will be for nought, and she thought that was ridiculous, but that's the whole point of that kind of insurance. You're paying for peace of mind, and at the same time hoping you'll outlive it.

I have another term life policy that is "return of premium" that's a good one, but they don't sell that type anymore, and that one expires in my 70s. But that one as long as we get back the entire premium, who cares, all you lose is the value of the money.

I think insurance companies are where to look for how long you might be around. If they won't sell you a policy at all, and you're young, then you might want to start writing your will.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
rawtuff
rawtuff
May 25th, 2024 at 9:47:36 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You're 50s is the testing ground.
link to original post

Damn it, really? I have the bad presentiment I won't make it long past 50's, lol. Fit and strong still, but bad habits all over. It was in this decade of life I really began thinking of death as a serious part of my future plans.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 25th, 2024 at 10:15:28 AM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

link to original post

I lost count of the number of men that I knew who died in their 50s. I ran out of fingers to count on. If you could make it into your sixties if you're a man you can probably make it to 75 or 80. You're 50s is the testing ground.
link to original post

I think most guys get sort of like I did. Either you get to near death and recover or you just don’t make it. I’m in a phase now where I hear about guys from high school dying, usually on Facebook. Also guys I worked with.

I don’t expect to make age 70. Too many lingering health issues they will catch up by then. No desire to last part that age in any case. I’d rather go before our system collapses under its own weight which I’m afraid we are getting close to.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 118
May 25th, 2024 at 12:31:44 PM permalink

Morgan Spurlock who made the movie Supersize Me where he ate nothing but McDonald's for a month is dead at the age of 53. Why is no one surprised.
link to original post

Remember that it wasn't just "eating nothing but McDonald's for a month" - he would always super size his meal (to a large french fries and a large (non-diet) soda) if the person behind the counter asked him if he wanted it super-sized.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 25th, 2024 at 12:43:27 PM permalink
Grayson Murray. Pro golfer. 30. Won on the PGA tour this year. That means he’s making 7 figures. Was playing in tourney this week. Bogeyed 3 holes in a row and quit with 2 holes left to play. Went to hotel, and was found dead this morning. Previous history of substance abuse.
Demons in his head won.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 25th, 2024 at 1:22:39 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Morgan Spurlock who made the movie Supersize Me where he ate nothing but McDonald's for a month is dead at the age of 53. Why is no one surprised.
link to original post

Remember that it wasn't just "eating nothing but McDonald's for a month" - he would always super size his meal (to a large french fries and a large (non-diet) soda) if the person behind the counter asked him if he wanted it super-sized.
link to original post

As if he had no freedom of choice.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 25th, 2024 at 3:01:55 PM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

Don't be surprised, 50 is old.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 25th, 2024 at 3:12:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

link to original post

If this was the year 1200 yeah 50 would be old. I'll be 75 next month and I don't even consider that to be old. To me 80 is the beginning of old age, and it's when the term elderly should start applying. I don't feel old and I don't act old, I just worked outside for 4 hours today. Lots of people my age still have full-time jobs.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
May 25th, 2024 at 3:17:35 PM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

You omitted at least two that were reported on this thread in the past year. Matthew Perry and Sinead O’Connor
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
Dieter
May 25th, 2024 at 3:21:10 PM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

link to original post

If this was the year 1200 yeah 50 would be old. I'll be 75 next month and I don't even consider that to be old. To me 80 is the beginning of old age, and it's when the term elderly should start applying. I don't feel old and I don't act old, I just worked outside for 4 hours today. Lots of people my age still have full-time jobs.
link to original post

I agree that 80 is elderly but still think 50 is old and over 65 is very old. In the early days life expectancy was 24 years. Today it is 73 years old. At age 50 69% of your life expectancy is over, that is old to me.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
Thanked by
rawtuff
May 25th, 2024 at 3:32:38 PM permalink
I read that for most of human history the life expectancy was about 10 and that half of all humans ever born did not survive to their first birthday. Life expectancy averages everything.

Also read that the human lifespan hasn’t increased at all. 2000 years ago a forty year old Roman with decent genes had a good chance of living to eighty as long as there was no major illness/injury/famine
It’s all about making that GTA
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 25th, 2024 at 4:38:33 PM permalink

I agree that 80 is elderly but still think 50 is old and over 65 is very old. In the early days life expectancy was 24 years. Today it is 73 years old. At age 50 69% of your life expectancy is over, that is old to me.
link to original post

Life expectancy it's mostly useless. In those times where life expectancy was 24 you still have plenty of people in their 70s and 80s. You literally have to go decade to decade with your own life, if you made it to 40 you'll probably make it to 50 and if you make it to 60 you will probably make it to 75. Infant mortality is what always screws up the life expectancy numbers. Here is a trick question to ask people and they never get it right. What was the number one killer of humanity up until about 1900. It was childbirth and infant mortality. If a woman had 12 kids she was lucky if seven of them lived past the age of 10. And obviously the number one killer of women was childbirth. You see these men in their 40s and 50s in the old days marrying young girls who are 16 and 17. They were not child molesters or perverts they just wanted offspring and a girl that young could give it to them.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 25th, 2024 at 6:33:49 PM permalink

link to original post

Life expectancy it's mostly useless. In those times where life expectancy was 24 you still have plenty of people in their 70s and 80s. You literally have to go decade to decade with your own life, if you made it to 40 you'll probably make it to 50 and if you make it to 60 you will probably make it to 75. Infant mortality is what always screws up the life expectancy numbers. Here is a trick question to ask people and they never get it right. What was the number one killer of humanity up until about 1900. It was childbirth and infant mortality. If a woman had 12 kids she was lucky if seven of them lived past the age of 10. And obviously the number one killer of women was childbirth. You see these men in their 40s and 50s in the old days marrying young girls who are 16 and 17. They were not child molesters or perverts they just wanted offspring and a girl that young could give it to them.
link to original post

Yeah! I'm sure that was the only reason!!!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 25th, 2024 at 6:46:51 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Seriously, it really was. Having children was a very big deal and you had to marry a woman that was capable of giving birth to healthy children and in those days that was only young women that could do that. The younger the better. Even they had a chance of dying in childbirth but not nearly as great as a 25 year old woman had.
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2024 at 7:21:55 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Also read that the human lifespan hasn’t increased at all. 2000 years ago a forty year old Roman with decent genes had a good chance of living to eighty as long as there was no major illness/injury/famine
link to original post

That's about as nutso a concept as a diet of nothing but ribeye steaks.

Life expectancy it's mostly useless.
link to original post

Disagree with that statement too. It's akin to saying that the only thing that affects evolution is the existence of predators.

Human life expectancy has definitely increased over time.

Ancient populations
For example, Egyptian pyramid builders had an average life expectancy of 40–45 years for men and 30–35 years for women.

1900s
Diseases like typhoid, rheumatic fever, and scarlet fever still affected life expectancy in the 1800s and early 1900s.

1900–2000
In the United States, life expectancy increased from 47 years in 1900 to 80 years in 2000.

2000–2019
Globally, life expectancy increased by more than 6 years, from 66.8 years in 2000 to 73.4 years in 2019.

The global average life expectancy was just over 70 years.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 25th, 2024 at 7:37:22 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

link to original post

link to original post

Disagree with that statement too. It's akin to saying that the only thing that affects evolution is the existence of predators.

Ancient populations
For example, Egyptian pyramid builders had an average life expectancy of 40–45 years for men and 30–35 years for women.

1900s
Diseases like typhoid, rheumatic fever, and scarlet fever still affected life expectancy in the 1800s and early 1900s.

1900–2000
In the United States, life expectancy increased from 47 years in 1900 to 80 years in 2000.

2000–2019
Globally, life expectancy increased by more than 6 years, from 66.8 years in 2000 to 73.4 years in 2019.

link to original post

I should have said on a person to person case by case basis life expectancy has nothing to do with anything. Just cuz you're born and the life expectancy is 75 does not mean you're going to live to be 75. It has meaning for the insurance companies because they're dealing with millions of people. You can die at any age, life expectancy has nothing to do with it.
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2024 at 7:50:46 PM permalink
It does depend on how thorough a check the life insurance company is doing, and the higher dollar amount the policy and the longer its length (if term), the closer they check, but even those life insurance policies such as from Ethos that appear to have no medical exam, still run a background check that somehow accesses medical records such as any prescription drugs you are taking.

But in my case, my life insurance companies really checked me out carefully,

I have whole life and term life insurance. My term life policy (40 year term) which is massive won't pay a nickel if I make it past 80, so that must be the age that my insurance company thinks I will live beyond. It wasn't easy to get it they did a full medical and background screening on me, and ran lots of tests including blood and EKG.
link to original post

wasn't just based on actuaries.
rawtuff
rawtuff
May 26th, 2024 at 1:20:21 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Ancient populations

1900s

1900–2000

2000–2019

link to original post

While overall life expectancy at any age has indeed increased, infant mortality was still the crucial factor for the low average life expectancy (life expectancy at birth) quoted often for times like 2000 years ago or the middle ages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Evolution_and_aging_rate:~:text=Human%20remains%20from,60%2Dyear%20one).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Life_expectancy_vs._other_measures_of_longevity:~:text=0.620).%5B163%5D-,Life%20expectancy%20vs.%20other%20measures%20of%20longevity,-%5Bedit%5D
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
May 26th, 2024 at 2:10:28 AM permalink

DMX died around age 52

🥶
link to original post

You omitted at least two that were reported on this thread in the past year. Matthew Perry and Sinead O’Connor
link to original post

Thank you for reminding me that both Matthew Perry and Sinead O'Connor died in their 50's too recently. 💡 I wish I could edit the list but we only get a 12 hour window to edit. 😫💡
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
DRich
DRich
May 26th, 2024 at 5:55:05 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Seriously, it really was. Having children was a very big deal and you had to marry a woman that was capable of giving birth to healthy children and in those days that was only young women that could do that. The younger the better. Even they had a chance of dying in childbirth but not nearly as great as a 25 year old woman had.
link to original post

I do believe there is the biological reason that men tend to choose younger women and that is for more offspring. I always liked women younger than myself more than older women. I don't know why, but it is seems to be the way I was programmed.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 26th, 2024 at 7:51:33 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I do believe there is the biological reason that men tend to choose younger women and that is for more offspring. I always liked women younger than myself more than older women. I don't know why, but it is seems to be the way I was programmed.
link to original post

It's just cause they are Sexier and men are visual creatures. That's why it's men who mostly watch porn and why except for a few oddities, there isn't any granny porn.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DRich
DRich
May 26th, 2024 at 12:35:33 PM permalink

It's just cause they are Sexier and men are visual creatures. That's why it's men who mostly watch porn and why except for a few oddities, there isn't any granny porn.

The population is aging, maybe granny porn will be the next big thing.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 26th, 2024 at 12:40:58 PM permalink

link to original post

There was a minor storyline about it on "The Shield" about 20 years ago.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 26th, 2024 at 1:18:33 PM permalink

link to original post

What makes you think older men would be turned on by older women. Has that ever been the case in history? Never. Does an older guy ever leave his wife for an older woman, I don't think so.
MDawg
MDawg
May 26th, 2024 at 2:26:28 PM permalink
Well one notable exception would be Prince Charles stepping out on Diana with 14 year older Camilla. There was apparently some real connection between them that overcame Diana's beauty and youth. And they are still together.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 26th, 2024 at 2:34:54 PM permalink

Well one notable exception would be Prince Charles stepping out on Diana with 14 year older Camilla. There was apparently some real connection between them that overcame Diana's beauty and youth. And they are still together.
link to original post

Diana beauty? Never saw that in her.
MDawg
MDawg
May 26th, 2024 at 4:28:42 PM permalink
Lot prettier than Camilla!
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 26th, 2024 at 5:04:56 PM permalink

link to original post

It was a forced marriage that Charles wanted nothing to do with. He'd been seeing Camilla long before he even met Diana.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 26th, 2024 at 5:10:47 PM permalink

link to original post

I always liked Ferggie better.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 27th, 2024 at 10:32:11 AM permalink
Bill Walton. Great basketball player, college and pro. Bizarre announcer. Weird guy.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 27th, 2024 at 11:41:01 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bill Walton. Great basketball player, college and pro. Bizarre announcer. Weird guy.
link to original post

This one hurts
Total Deadhead
Was wondering why he wasn't spotted at the Sphere shows
A legend
Fare Thee Well
May the 4 winds blow you safely home
RIP
Last edited by: terapined on May 27, 2024
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 91
May 27th, 2024 at 12:31:24 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

link to original post

This one hurts
Total Deadhead
Was wondering why he wasn't spotted at the Sphere shows
A legend
Fare Thee Well
May the 4 winds blow you home
RIP

link to original post

Thanks for that Bill Walton montage. Fun to see what he brought to an otherwise formulaic broadcasting format.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
Nathan
May 27th, 2024 at 2:25:00 PM permalink
Fare thee well and Godspeed, Grateful Red! His joining the Celtics is still a legend in these parts.
MDawg
MDawg
May 27th, 2024 at 3:48:40 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Total Deadhead
link to original post

I did not know that.

How the Grateful Dead inspired Bill Walton and shaped his life’s perspective

“I became the basketball player that I was because of the Grateful Dead,” said Walton in a 2016 interview with Salon. “I am the human being that I am today because of the Grateful Dead. They’re right there at the top of my teachers. Their inspiration moved me brightly.”
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
May 27th, 2024 at 3:57:19 PM permalink

link to original post

Camilla inspired too many equestrian jokes.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
May 27th, 2024 at 4:15:43 PM permalink
What the heck. I'll dive head first down the royal rabbit hole.

The Celebrity Deaths thread proudly presents...

The Royal Arm Candy Competition

8 Women
3 Generations
1 Winner

Vote for 1 of the royals below. You're not interested in their status, history or personality. You're simply voting for which one you'd want as arm candy when attending a social function where you're trying to impress people.

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
May 27th, 2024 at 9:08:03 PM permalink
I vote for Princess Margaret. I am mainly going off of The Crown where she seemed like an approachable fun woman who might have given me the time of day. I loved the episode where she went to the US to woo LBJ for a loan to the UK. Also in large part by default.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
Thanked by
DRich
May 27th, 2024 at 9:45:21 PM permalink

link to original post

They say it was cancer, but you can be sure that it was the demise of the PAC 12 that killed him.

One of a kind player and you have to admire his zest for life, but I have to say as a college basketball broadcaster he was insufferable. He would rather talk about his many adventures than the game at hand.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
DRich
DRich
May 28th, 2024 at 6:12:19 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

They say it was cancer, but you can be sure that it was the demise of the PAC 12 that killed him.

LOL
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 28th, 2024 at 7:43:03 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

"Princess" Mehgan
link to original post

She's a Duchess.
Gialmere
Gialmere
May 28th, 2024 at 1:33:08 PM permalink
And the winner of...

The Royal Arm Candy Competition

is...

with 100% of the vote, that famous socialite and all around rebel bad girl...

Hubba hubba.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
May 28th, 2024 at 1:45:50 PM permalink

I remember explaining that policy to my wife and telling her that well, if I make it past 80 all the money we pay towards it will be for nought, and she thought that was ridiculous, but that's the whole point of that kind of insurance. You're paying for peace of mind, and at the same time hoping you'll outlive it.

I have another term life policy that is "return of premium" that's a good one, but they don't sell that type anymore, and that one expires in my 70s. But that one as long as we get back the entire premium, who cares, all you lose is the value of the money.

I think insurance companies are where to look for how long you might be around. If they won't sell you a policy at all, and you're young, then you might want to start writing your will.
link to original post

A whole life policy? Perhaps the worst insurance contract invented. Term is great. It is pure protection and cheap.

I am self-insured and a 1%'er. Born prior to 1943 as I have previously posted. Hopefully, some of you will get there also. Better advise would be to have a living trust and a pour over will.

tuttigym
Gialmere
Gialmere
June 13th, 2024 at 9:29:34 AM permalink

Basketball legend Jerry West died yesterday. He was 86.

West won a gold medal on the 1960 US Olympic team before being drafted by the Lakers. He was an All Star for all 14 seasons as a player. He then became the team's head coach, scout and finally GM where he built the showtime Lakers of the 80s. He's also a three-time inductee into the Hall of Fame.

His most famous accolade (and the one he was most embarrassed about) was that he was used as the inspiration for the player silhouette on the current NBA logo.
---------------------------------

From the bizarre deaths folder...

An Indonesian woman has been killed and eaten by a 16 foot python. The woman went missing from her village and her worried husband went looking for her. He found some of her belongings in the jungle and then spotted the snake with a large bulge in its center. The python was cut open and the woman's body was found inside.

Presumably the snake got the jump on her and coiled her up so she couldn't breath. After she died it swallowed her whole, head first. The killing would have taken around 5 minutes while the consumption would have lasted around an hour.

Two years ago, another Indonesian woman working on a rubber plantation met the same fate. That time it was a 24 foot python.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
June 13th, 2024 at 11:15:32 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Basketball legend Jerry West died yesterday. He was 86.

West won a gold medal on the 1960 US Olympic team before being drafted by the Lakers. He was an All Star for all 14 seasons as a player. He then became the team's head coach, scout and finally GM where he built the showtime Lakers of the 80s. He's also a three-time inductee into the Hall of Fame.

His most famous accolade (and the one he was most embarrassed about) was that he was used as the inspiration for the player silhouette on the current NBA logo.

From the bizarre deaths folder...

An Indonesian woman has been killed and eaten by a 16 foot python. The woman went missing from her village and her worried husband went looking for her. He found some of her belongings in the jungle and then spotted the snake with a large bulge in its center. The python was cut open and the woman's body was found inside.

Presumably the snake got the jump on her and coiled her up so she couldn't breath. After she died it swallowed her whole, head first. The killing would have taken around 5 minutes while the consumption would have lasted around an hour.

Two years ago, another Indonesian woman working on a rubber plantation met the same fate. That time it was a 24 foot python.
link to original post

What a horrible death, being smothered to death by a python and your dead body being eaten by same python. 😱😳😫 Poor Husband having to see his Wife's dead body in a python! 😱😳😫 Poor Woman in Indonesia who died the same way, by a python! 😱😳😫
  • Jump to: