Thread Rating:

Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 27th, 2019 at 4:11:48 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

He married a beatch who broke up the best band in the world...

She broke up AC/DC?
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 27th, 2019 at 4:20:26 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

You're swimming in the shallow end of human existence.

Oh sure, your current activity might be "fun" for you but it is neither meaningful nor worthwhile to society.

For that, you need to reproduce, or adopt and raise children: THAT is where the rubber meets the road, and it is the highest and best purpose of any member of any society: hell, it's the meaning of life.

For various reasons, I have chosen to not have children - does that mean my life is neither meaningful nor worthwhile to society?
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 27th, 2019 at 4:24:35 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

I think we can all agree these girls out here need to quit it with the tattoos.

I love tattoos on these girls - they can be quite sexy -- ever check out Suicide Girls ?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 27th, 2019 at 5:34:51 AM permalink
Perfectly named website and relevant to the poster who started this thread.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nba/1-27-2019/cleveland-cavaliers-vs-chicago-bulls-prediction-4286/
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
January 27th, 2019 at 6:07:32 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

ZK makes a great argument for gelding, I'll give him that.

In the horse world, gelding helps improve the horse’s focus. This typically makes them a better racehorse.

I imagine the same could occur for counting in BJ. He could be unstoppable!

Seems like a +ev move.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 27th, 2019 at 7:41:37 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I love tattoos on these girls - they can be quite sexy -- ever check out Suicide Girls ?

Bleeehhh I'd click the link but would like to achieve an erection at some point in the future. Tattooing cuties should be a crime like scribbling on the Mona Lisa. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, Ace!
100% risk of ruin
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RogerKintpetroglyph
January 27th, 2019 at 8:01:32 AM permalink

Bleeehhh ....Tattooing cuties should be a crime like scribbling on the Mona Lisa.

Fishing Without Tattoos
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 27th, 2019 at 8:04:13 AM permalink

Bleeehhh I'd click the link but would like to achieve an erection at some point in the future. Tattooing cuties should be a crime like scribbling on the Mona Lisa. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, Ace!

Different strokes :)
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
January 27th, 2019 at 8:09:25 AM permalink

Different strokes :)

Strokes? Hey hey hey. Hahaha
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
aceofspades
January 27th, 2019 at 8:55:59 AM permalink

For various reasons, I have chosen to not have children - does that mean my life is neither meaningful nor worthwhile to society?

No, it's because you are a lawyer.....

(Sorry, too easy!)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 27th, 2019 at 10:18:59 AM permalink

Gelding himself, anyway.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 27th, 2019 at 10:45:41 AM permalink

Biologically it is not meaningful, as the unbroken chain of conception and birth which began eons ago and which lead to your creation and birth will be staunched, and that life line will end.

Otherwise there is only whatever ephemeral "meaning" which you and the others in the world choose to ascribe and to allow to each other via moral, political, and religious / philosophical beliefs.
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 27th, 2019 at 10:56:05 AM permalink

Not a terrible argument for retroactive abortions, either. Think of all the pain we'd be saving him from.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 27th, 2019 at 11:06:26 AM permalink

Biologically it is not meaningful,

Reminds me of a line from Deadwood.
Jack McCall, the guy who shoot's Wild
Bill Hickok, is a true waste of space.
As he staggers away from the poker
table, filthy and drunk, one of the players
quips "Jack is disgusting." Another
player says "Yet he too is one of gods
children." In a voice dripping with sarcasm.

Implying having a kid is sometimes about
as 'meaningful' as having a good bowel
movement..
MrV
MrV
January 27th, 2019 at 11:19:12 AM permalink
Is there meaning and/or purpose to the life of an ant, a frog, an amoeba?

How do we know and who can say?

If you feel their lives are devoid of meaning or purpose, why should people be singled out for special treatment?

The point which I am inartfuly trying to make is that the goal of all life-forms is continue on and to perpetuate itself, and nothing more.

Everything else is optional.
"What, me worry?"
aceofspades
aceofspades
Thanked by
RogerKintDRich
January 27th, 2019 at 11:34:46 AM permalink

If you feel their lives are devoid of meaning or purpose, why should people be singled out for special treatment?

The point which I am inartfuly trying to make is that the goal of all life-forms is continue on and to perpetuate itself, and nothing more.

Even procreation is meaningless unless the perpetuation of the species - beyond biological imperative - has an ultimate meaning beyond mere perpetuation
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 27th, 2019 at 11:37:46 AM permalink

It takes a village. And more than a biological spawning to create and raise a worthwhile human.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 27th, 2019 at 12:03:08 PM permalink

The point which I am inartfuly trying to make is that the goal of all life-forms is continue on and to perpetuate itself,

Even animals quit reproducing when there
are too many of them. The only purpose
and meaning life has is what you give it.
You create your own reality.
MrV
MrV
January 27th, 2019 at 12:43:38 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Even animals quit reproducing when there
are too many of them. The only purpose
and meaning life has is what you give it.
You create your own reality.

Ask yourself what drives animals such as lemmings to do this?

Certainly it is not an intellectual choice, as they are without sentience.

It is instinct which drives them, as it drives all animals, people included.

Instinct could be viewed as the actualization of life moving to protect itself from collective extinction.
"What, me worry?"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 27th, 2019 at 1:58:28 PM permalink

It doesn't help. It depends what else you are doing with your life!
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Boz
Boz
January 27th, 2019 at 2:08:41 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Not a terrible argument for retroactive abortions, either. Think of all the pain we'd be saving him from.

Yea I know Bill won’t see this and I’m not big on suspensions here but really?

So can someone ask Billy Boy if he thinks ZK should have been an abortion? Or should he be “aborted” now?

So he thinks someone would be doing a good deed killing (yes abortion is death) ZK at this point in his life to save him from pain?

Really? Is this what we are down to? And to think people are suspended for “insults” to others on here.

Trust me, I’m no ZK fan but this goes beyond common decency, something I have been accused of ignoring many times.

Thanks Billy for showing how you really feel about another member here.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 27th, 2019 at 2:22:49 PM permalink

ZKs prusuits reminds me of Sheldon Cooper quote from Big Bang Theory when he is talking about Wolowitz's job as an engineer.

SC: "You're obviously good at what you do."
HW: "Then why do you keep ripping at me".

SC: "Oh I understand the confusion. I never said you're not good at what you do. It's just that want you do isn't worth doing."

It does not take a great amount of skill to be able to count cards, memorize plays and execute them in live play. It takes basic memorization and practice. There are how-tos all over the internet and plenty of advice one can glean to avoid heat and be successful. It also takes discipline.

And while I envy being free and clear at age 28, I think that the ability to make five figures over years counting cards while living rent-free with mommy and daddy is nothing to gloat about. Oodles of other 20-somethings have done fat greater (in my opinion) things, including and not limited to helping others via volunteerism, being a great parent, working to improve society, starting a viable business and becoming an employer and so on.

But hey it's your life and you are its king.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
tringlomane
January 27th, 2019 at 4:17:35 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Yea I know Bill won’t see this and I’m not big on suspensions here but really?

So can someone ask Billy Boy if he thinks ZK should have been an abortion? Or should he be “aborted” now?

So he thinks someone would be doing a good deed killing (yes abortion is death) ZK at this point in his life to save him from pain?

Really? Is this what we are down to? And to think people are suspended for “insults” to others on here.

Trust me, I’m no ZK fan but this goes beyond common decency, something I have been accused of ignoring many times.

Thanks Billy for showing how you really feel about another member here.

If only he had made disgusting comments towards ZK’s close family instead of directly at ZK.

That would have been acceptable to you, right?
Boz
Boz
January 27th, 2019 at 4:32:37 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

If only he had made disgusting comments towards ZK’s close family instead of directly at ZK.

Absolutely, family, like public figures including our President, are free game here, members in good standing are not.

Play by the rules kid or get out of the way.

Until they change them, then adapt.

Either way his comment was disgusting.
MrV
MrV
January 27th, 2019 at 4:43:28 PM permalink
Look at it in context, i.e. he quoted BBB's comment about how he makes a good argument for gelding.

She opened the door, he walked through.

Besides, I think the TARGET of the comment is unclear: was it ZK (as you seem to believe) or was it the "drones?"
"What, me worry?"
Boz
Boz
January 27th, 2019 at 5:13:30 PM permalink

Look at it in context, i.e. he quoted BBB's comment about how he makes a good argument for gelding.

She opened the door, he walked through.

Besides, I think the TARGET of the comment is unclear: was it ZK (as you seem to believe) or was it the "drones?"

Not sure “Think of the pain we would be saving HIM from” is unclear.

Drones are a group we are all a part of. In this case Billy’s post is indefensible if you consider abortion after birth murder.
Boz
Boz
January 27th, 2019 at 7:02:03 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

So no reply? Are you justifying Billy Ryan saying ZK should be aborted today to save him from the “pain” in his life?

Wow, I get you and Billy are Pro Choice but do you apply it to living people in the name of saving them from future pain?
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
January 27th, 2019 at 7:12:07 PM permalink
I'd bring up assisted suicide on the topic of pain relief, but that would be waaaay derailing this thread.

Marriage seems complicated. I'm pretty open to how people want to do it long as they are happy and aren't hurting anyone.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
Minty
January 27th, 2019 at 7:55:35 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

I'd bring up assisted suicide on the topic of pain relief,

If it's that bad, just get a divorce, no need for that.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
January 27th, 2019 at 10:21:57 PM permalink
I think it's kinda cute the way boz keeps asking people to pass notes to me. Brings me back to third grade. I had this mad crush on Christina Siouk. But I digress....
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
January 27th, 2019 at 11:19:17 PM permalink

I think it's kinda cute the way boz keeps asking people to pass notes to me. Brings me back to third grade. I had this mad crush on Christina Siouk. But I digress....

Do you like him back?

YES

or

NO
100% risk of ruin
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
January 27th, 2019 at 11:42:39 PM permalink
I like him every bit as much today as I did last month. I've no interest in anything he has to say, which is why he is on ignore.
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 28th, 2019 at 5:48:20 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

It doesn't help. It depends what else you are doing with your life!

What would you tell a woman who was born barren or a man born sterile that could not have kids - their life is devoid of meaning as well?
MrV
MrV
January 28th, 2019 at 8:13:08 AM permalink
Yes and no.

Yes, in "the grand scheme of things" people who do not pass their DNA on to the next generation are not fulfilling the one task imposed upon them by life, i.e. to contribute to the continuation of life.

But the notion of "meaning" is broad and encompasses many things; one's life arguably has whatever meaning one chooses to ascribe to it.

Moral relativism.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
beachbumbabsAxelWolf
January 28th, 2019 at 10:34:46 AM permalink

Yes and no.

Yes, in "the grand scheme of things" people who do not pass their DNA on to the next generation are not fulfilling the one task imposed upon them by life, i.e. to contribute to the continuation of life.

Humans have a choice, therefore it's
not a 'task', it's an option. Some
choose a different path. There will
always be plenty of people who
supply the earth with so many kids
it will destroy it one day, why have
offspting at all.
  • Jump to: