Thread Rating:

WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
March 13th, 2018 at 2:35:31 PM permalink
Sorry for the late entry to this blog.. I havent read up on what is going on here. But what the heck is going on here? What did WofN do? I knew he was a bad agent from last year when he was trying to pose as a big shot... and that ordeal with Nathan was weird. Was he scamming people? How?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 13th, 2018 at 2:38:07 PM permalink
That's kind of the subject matter of this thread, so I would probably have to suggest going back to page one and reading the thread.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 13th, 2018 at 2:56:30 PM permalink
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/big-wins/22434-first-ever-royal/2/#post478448

WizardOfNothing's 8'th post.

Some people have it, some people don't.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
mipletbeachbumbabs
March 13th, 2018 at 3:06:11 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I think that Moderators/Admins have the personal responsibility to keep the forum Spam/Scam free and as least Toxic as possible. Why else be a moderator?

Again I am not accusing anyone in particular. I am only being vocal about this because I almost met and did business with the guy, but fortunately I had the gut feeling not to trust him.

Despite any finger pointing or baseless accusations, the fact remains that a user, who was well known to be both a sock puppet and scammer, was allowed to use this forum as a platform to advertise and perpetuate his fraud.

And well known puppet/scammer as in really well known. The sock puppet part was discussed openly. And the fact that he was a thief was super public as well. I personally spoke to several active and well known members here about him, and they all immediately said he is never to be trusted. Hell, Bob Dancer even wrote a 2pt article on it.

I find it very hard to believe that zero moderators knew of any of these facts. Whether it was done on purpose or not, a blind eye was turned somewhere, and people were scammed out of money because of it.

Using gamerfreak's post only because it's one I remembered and was easy to find. This post is intended for all who have been saying things along these lines. Now, if only I knew what to say and how to say it...

I take serious umbrage to the maligning of my integrity that exists in these posts. To express anger is probably redundant where I'm concerned, so I'll not mention it. What I will say is that I find it both offensive as well as hurtful. Though as imperfect and error prone as anyone, I put a priority on things such as honor and integrity, so much so that I tossed away a lucrative career that I both enjoyed and was good at, all while in the midst of a custody battle, just to protect it. It means that much to me, and if there's a price too high to pay to protect it, I've not found it yet.

I say that as less of a warning but rather more as an attempt to steer this into productivity. If you've got questions, ask me. If you know things and believe I should be challenged about it, challenge me. Most of you, especially the many who I participate with on other forums, should know by now I both enjoy and highly respect that. And if I come out the end smelling like last week's garbage, so be it. I can accept truth. I can accept being wrong. But I cannot accept a sweeping maligning of my character with the onus on me to prove a negative. Perhaps that's just a symptom of a failing of mine, but accepting it is not within my abilities. This dude cannot abide. As a show of good faith, I'll even kick it off...

I stated yesterday that I was fully aware of the charge that SAP = WoN. I would state this knowledge is at least a year old with confidence; I would not be shocked if it was up to 16 months. It's been a long time. I know one of the accusers is someone who I have confidence in when it comes to sleuthing, a compliment I gave him once upon a. And his confidence coupled with comments that "it was obvious" triggered me into looking into it.

I did look into it. I'd say roughly 8 months ago but I have little if no confidence in that number. Perhaps "5 - 10" would be a better estimate. What I saw was nothing. Again, as I said, that is not a definitive charge; I am just one man. And I will add, I had little familiarity with SAP to work off of, leaving me even more unfit for that task. But I absolutely did look into it, and what I found was nothing. Not a hinkle, not an inkling, not a hunch. I just didn't see it.

I absolute revisited this topic often, always in complete solitude. I told no one, gave no hints, dropped no clues, I do not think I ever even acknowledged the charge one time ever. As one who feels it is his job to keep things even keeled, casting aspersions is in direct conflict with that duty. Perhaps that was to my, and your, pain in this event. If so then I own it and I sincerely apologize, but I do not accept the claim that this action was done in malice, with nefarious intention, or in any way an attempt to cover up or protect WoN's identity.

For those who do not remember, I've suffered exactly one suspension here, and it was due to interactions with WoN. I spoke with him in private exactly one time, leaving my fate riding on his honor. That decision resulted in my suspension (and caused me to miss what was probably the only fishing conversation ever). It never sat right with me. No, not sat right, it never FELT right. It just wasn't... it didn't feel like men being straight with each other. Just a hinkle, mostly, and not worth much as what is one suspension, anyway? But it did stay with me. And as I saw his postings on other forums, and saw the level he was working on, yeah. I'm human. It pissed me off. I'll say it - I wanted to get him.

When I started hearing charges of SAP = WoN, yes. I wanted in. I wanted to get him. Forget my sad vengeance, he was HERE. And while I do not profess to have a program denoting every clique, partnership, and dealings everyone here has with another, I did roughly pile him into the group that does business and has personal relationships with members. Members I have always aimed to protect. I've not forgotten Aye's raw deal, nor my own reaction about the details surrounding it. I will tell you with no shame that I agonized about contacting Aye for no less than 3hrs a day over at least two weeks, and sporadically after that until WoN's departure. I thought about contacting those making the claims. I thought about a lot of avenues. Looking back, I probably should have jumped on any one of them, and that certainly is my mistake to own. All I can say in that regard is that I do not, and I would argue "cannot", follow every trail set in front of me. People are accused of puppetry quite often, and compiling enough evidence to satisfy not only my own high standards, but those of the mass membership, is no small feat. So having naught but unfounded and unsupported accusation, coupled with my own uneventful search and long standing behavior of keeping things close to the vest, I did nothing.

The only other thing I can say to effect complete transparency is that I have often stated, and I think I'm the only one who's stated this, is that I have never concerned myself that deeply with socks. An example, I "knew" Stinky was MKL by his 10th post. I don't profess such instant knowledge like Axel seems to have (an intended compliment), but in his case, it was key into lock. But what was I to do? I've done these before, and you members and I both demand a high standard of evidence. Easily obtained in this case, but still a several hour long job. Last time I did it it was ~4. And I would have done it, and many would have accepted and cheered, a few more would harumph but come around, and a handful would still be shouting from the rafters to this day. And for what? To "save" you from some far-Left comments? Same goes for Buzz. Those who have tossed in accusations that "We know but do nothing". Yes. Buzz is rather easy. I have seen an inkling, had my suspicions, and then done nothing. I can only admit and state that I do not see the value in doing the work when all the work is defending you from is some comments about Blackhawk and stories from 1960's Baltimore. It's much easier in almost all cases to just watch and wait. An innocent poster like Buzz eventually makes it obvious, and then he goes. The more disruptive socks remain disruptive and they go. And life goes on without not only a butt ton of work, but all the second guessing, Monday morning quarterbacking, and general disruption that the "Proper and Official Way" engenders. It's the way I've operated my entire Greenness; I can only say I thought it was working.

Before anyone wastes their time pointing it out, yes, I do see a difference between someone like Buzz, who worst case may tell you to go s#$% in your hat, and WoN, who scummed actual cash from actual members. Perhaps on this alone a charge of dereliction of duty is appropriate, and I'd not fight it. All I can say in that regard is, in general, I'm not much involved with the inner workings. I for sure have hands in big personnel issues, like MC and B9, and I for sure get notices of Wizardly decrees, such as an increase of sock apprehension. But stuff like permissions I only deal with in obvious scenarios. First time poster plops up a URL - insta ban. Say, I dunno, EdCollins suddenly has a sig-ad, I wouldn't look at it twice. And though maybe I should've felt even more hinky that it was WoN with the sig, again, I can only say I had nothing to go on. No one confronted me, there were no threads started here, no comments that I saw, no PMs to my attention, and no revelations in my own searches. I simply figured it was a permitted ad like any other.

That there is just about every single thing I can think of to say on the matter, every piece of information I think I own. Want more? Try me. Need clarification? Ask. Judge me harshly? Do your worst. Challenges on my decisions or my abilities as a mod are welcome, both to help me improve or show me I'm unfit. I would find either to be progress and would welcome it.

But do not challenge my honor without substance. You are welcome to challenge it properly. But you cannot take what I have not yet lost. And I do say please.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
March 13th, 2018 at 3:12:23 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I'm quite certain Mike does not know people's names. Only their screen names

I'll accept that. I am not on a witch hunt, and I am not accusing Mike of anything. But I do think he should clear the air by doing what Mission has done - make a clear statement of what he did know and did not know and why no action was taken on promptly banning WoN.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 3:21:03 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I'll accept that. I am not on a witch hunt, and I am not accusing Mike of anything. But I do think he should clear the air by doing what Mission has done - make a clear statement of what he did know and did not know and why no action was taken on promptly banning WoN.

He did that in my thread, Page 7.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Mission146RogerKintdarkoz
March 13th, 2018 at 3:31:35 PM permalink
Mission before you go is there anyway you can't change a setting where face can't type more than 200 words?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 13th, 2018 at 3:31:57 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Sorry for the late entry to this blog.. I havent read up on what is going on here. But what the heck is going on here? What did WofN do? I knew he was a bad agent from last year when he was trying to pose as a big shot... and that ordeal with Nathan was weird. Was he scamming people? How?

Lol seriously?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 3:34:16 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Mission before you go is there anyway you can't change a setting where face can't type more than 200 words?

Only if the setting doesn't also apply to me.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 13th, 2018 at 3:39:16 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

The readers digest version of what's going on

Strictlyap welshed on a bet. banned from WOV
After a while, Wizard of Nothing signed up on WOV
Mission and the Wizard of Nothing met up in real life outside the forum
Wizard of nothing turned out to be a con man ripping off Bob Dancer and other members
Wizard of Nothing used WOV to get more people to con
It was discovered that Wizard of Nothing was in reality, StrictlyAP a banned member not allowed to sign up under a different handle but admins did not discover till too late
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 13th, 2018 at 4:34:17 PM permalink
If anything, I would give the mods more tools to figure out sock pockets via IP matches and any other detection tools out there. Some tool that shows the IP address of the user logging on and looking for matches. Looking for matching in styles is apparently not enough.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 13th, 2018 at 4:47:30 PM permalink
Too bad none of the con-man's victims had the stuff needed to administer a much-deserved beating.

Hell, back in the day if con-men like him ripped off the wrong folks they'd be whacked.

Times change, people get more genteel, I suppose.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 13th, 2018 at 4:50:17 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The readers digest version of what's going on

After a while, Wizard of Nothing signed up on WOV
Wizard of nothing turned out to be a con man ripping off Bob Dancer and other members
Wizard of Nothing used WOV to get more people to con
It was discovered that Wizard of Nothing was in reality, StrictlyAP a banned member not allowed to sign up under a different handle but admins did not discover till too late

I thought the Bob Dancer incident was more than 5 years ago.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RS
RS
Thanked by
MaxPen
March 13th, 2018 at 5:24:03 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I thought the Bob Dancer incident was more than 5 years ago.

Terapined's timeline is all backwards.

Wizard of nothing StrictlyAP* turned out to be a con man ripping off Bob Dancer and other members

Jeff used WOV to get more people to con

Immediately created "wizardofnothing" but didn't post.

Waited a few months, then resumed posting as JeffWarren75, another one of his accounts.

After a few months (really!?, smh), determined JW75 = SA, got banned.

Immediately started posting as WON.

~2.5 years pass, some poop-storm (I like that word, Mike, lol) about monet resigning (IIRC) then starting to post as ChingChangChong, then Mike says he's going to be stricter (no pun intended) on dupe IDs and whatnot.

Damn nearly immediately WoN "resigns"

EDIT: I'm not saying everyone knew JW75 = SA = WoN. But certain people abso-f***ing-lutely knew.
Last edited by: RS on Mar 13, 2018
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
March 13th, 2018 at 6:47:46 PM permalink
Quote: RS

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/big-wins/22434-first-ever-royal/2/#post478448

WizardOfNothing's 8'th post.

Some people have it, some people don't.

Here is another interesting thread... Page 8, a few posts down...

Debitandcredit says... What's up with dancer complaining about Jeff w.

A couple posts later, strictlyap commented...

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/14835-bob-dancer-great-player-or-ruins-it-for-everyone/8/

PS... There are no invisible pixels in this post.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
gamerfreakSOOPOO
March 13th, 2018 at 6:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Using . . .But do not challenge my honor without substance. . . please. (slightly abridged)

Not sure anyone actually mentioned you, Face. And please realize that everyone is feeling violated and that everyone has a "raw ass" over this issue -and with damn good reason. No one set out to "challenge Face's honor." They are expressing a sense of violation - their sense of betrayal and outrage at what has occurred, their sense of profound disappointment.

Something bad happened in this forum. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't Mission's fault. It apparently wasn't Michael Shackleford's fault. It wasn't Bab's fault. But it did happen on your watch. Look, I get it: you didn't have the right tools, or you didn't have the right controls, or you didn't have the right management direction. Maybe you had no authority. But still: It did happen on your watch.

When terrorists attacked America and the twin towers went down, Rudy Giuliani did not say " do not challenge my honor without substance." He said " the loss of life is more than we can bear." Pres. Bush did not say "do not challenge my honor without substance." instead he said "We are going to get these bastards and make sure that this never happens again."

It sure would be nice if someone in charge of this dumpster-fire would say: "We are horrified and disappointed to learn that this forum was used to solicit victims for fraudulent schemes, and that this went on for such a long time. We are going to take a hard look at what happened and try to make changes to reduce the odds of this ever happening again in the future."
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
March 13th, 2018 at 6:58:53 PM permalink
Is there a list of users who were frauded by one of WoN, JeffWarren75, or StrictlyAP?

I keep seeing that people were frauded, but no list. Or at the worst, a number of people from this forum? Besides Bob of course, as that's been documented.

It sounds like the mods allowed a con artist to hang around under their nose, but did he actually con anyone else?
prozema
prozema
March 13th, 2018 at 7:02:06 PM permalink
Quote: SM777

Is there a list of users who were frauded by one of WoN, JeffWarren75, or StrictlyAP?

I keep seeing that people were frauded, but no list. Or at the worst, a number of people from this forum? Besides Bob of course, as that's been documented.

It sounds like the mods allowed a con artist to hang around under their nose, but did he actually con anyone else?

You might be missing a few user names.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RSodiousgambit
March 13th, 2018 at 7:12:38 PM permalink
I feel like that one kid who WASN'T touched by the priest. Why wasn't I contacted by WoN?! Am I not worthy???
100% risk of ruin
prozema
prozema
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 13th, 2018 at 7:19:37 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

I feel like that one kid who WASN'T touched by the priest. Why wasn't I contacted by WoN?! Am I not worthy???

I know a questionable ordained minister.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
March 13th, 2018 at 7:23:43 PM permalink

Terapined's timeline is all backwards.
Wizard of nothing StrictlyAP* turned out to be a con man ripping off Bob Dancer and other members
Immediately created "wizardofnothing" but didn't post.
Waited a few months, then resumed posting as JeffWarren75, another one of his accounts.
After a few months (really!?, smh), determined JW75 = SA, got banned.
Immediately started posting as WON.
~2.5 years pass, some poop-storm (I like that word, Mike, lol) about monet resigning (IIRC) then starting to post as ChingChangChong, then Mike says he's going to be stricter (no pun intended) on dupe IDs and whatnot.
Damn nearly immediately WoN "resigns"

EDIT: I'm not saying everyone knew JW75 = SA = WoN. But certain people abso-f***ing-lutely knew.

-Bolding Mine-

I agree 100% with this. People had to know, and I am not just talking about management.

WoN was heavily involved in this site for more than just a few months. He was posting in the Spring Fling threads of 2016 and 2017. I do not remember meeting him on the one day I attended in 2017. He was even offering to pay for things @ both events. Did he attend either of these events?
He has bet with other members on this site repeatedly as WoN. Some examples being the HotBlonde Challenge #2 and McNugget Challenge # 6. Ironically, he was quite pissed about the delay in being paid by HotBlonde after the Challenge.
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
prozema
March 13th, 2018 at 7:35:03 PM permalink
Excuse me for saying it, but if people were naive enough to get in bed with this guy then they deserve to have gotten screwed over.

C'mon, what did you expect from a degenerate gamblin' man?

Greed + guile = epic fail

Those who got fleeced should STFU and take it, not whine about it being Mission's fault.
"What, me worry?"
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
March 13th, 2018 at 7:42:33 PM permalink

I was frauded by WON. Current Admins and the very recently and sadly recently resigned are we allowed to post specifically on here how we were frauded by WON? The last thing I would want is to specifically talk on here about how he scammed me and then end up with my own name in red for talking about it.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 7:46:01 PM permalink
That’s the purpose of this thread, you just have to refer to him by one of his handles.
prozema
prozema
March 13th, 2018 at 7:46:08 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I was frauded by WON. Current Admins and the very recently and sadly recently resigned are we allowed to post specifically on here how we were frauded by WON? The last thing I would want is to specifically talk on here about how he scammed me and then end up with my own name in red for talking about it.

I will serve your time out for you. The story needs to be told.
Nathan
Nathan
March 13th, 2018 at 7:47:09 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Excuse me for saying it, but if people were naive enough to get in bed with this guy then they deserve to have gotten screwed over.

C'mon, what did you expect from a degenerate gamblin' man?

Greed + guile = epic fail

Those who got fleeced should STFU and take it, not whine about it being Mission's fault.

I was a member for less than 8 months when I fell for WON's scam. I thought he seemed legitimate, wise, normal, and honest. I had no idea WON had scammed at least one other person already on a different username at the time.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Nathan
Nathan
March 13th, 2018 at 7:49:16 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

That’s the purpose of this thread, you just have to refer to him by one of his handles.

So, that means it's okay to talk about how WON scammed me, right?
RogerKint
RogerKint
March 13th, 2018 at 7:49:56 PM permalink

Tell your story, Nathan. We're all here to listen and support you. Except Axel, he's probably going to laugh at you :(
100% risk of ruin
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 13th, 2018 at 7:50:09 PM permalink
Out of curiosity, how large was the bet he welched on?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 7:50:29 PM permalink

So, that means it's okay to talk about how WON scammed me, right?

I mean, I haven’t been changed to blue yet technically, so yes.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 7:51:53 PM permalink
Looking forward to being blue. I’m kind of an Admin but not an Admin, it feels like.
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 7:54:28 PM permalink
You're in limbo.
"What, me worry?"
RogerKint
RogerKint
Thanked by
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 7:54:30 PM permalink

Looking forward to being blue. I’m kind of an Admin but not an Admin, it feels like.

You're like some weird, unholy hybrid who fell from heaven for... having lunch.
100% risk of ruin
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 13th, 2018 at 8:09:30 PM permalink

WON defrauded me. He said he would give me a $100 Macy's gift card if I could prove to him in the real world that I was real since he assumed I was a major Troll. It turned out to be only $50. And when I attempted to use it it had already been used up. He played me. But to be fair, I WAS pretending to be a man when we tried to meet in a casino.

He straight up asked,"Are you a man or a woman? " I coyly responded,"Go up to the person dressed all in black playing Coyote Moon(Game I was playing on at the time, one of my favorites, :)) to find out!" I asked him what he looked and he ignored me. We both confirmed I had an oversized Miami Beach bag. I finally said,"I'm leaving since I never saw WON." Won uploaded a TITO as proof he was there. Crap went down big-time when we confronted each other later that night. I said it was meant on my end to be a cute surprise and he said something like,"How was that supposed to be a cute surprise? You're twisted, lady."

Posters told him to pay me because "The poster showing up as Nathan showed up and you yourself said," Prove to me in the real world that you're REAL and I will give you a $100 Macy's gift card. You said nothing about gender. Pay her or look like a bum a who doesn't keep his word. Your choice." Some people took his side saying stuff like,"She let him think she was a man! Why would he go up to a woman when he was deceived into thinking he was looking for a man? I wouldn't have gone up to a woman either in his shoes especially with all these reports of male on female harassment. WON said something like,"Thank you," to his agreers and told the people on my side,"I can't believe you expect me to pay her deceiving ass! "

We finally decided with blessing by a certain mediator with a $50 Macy's gift card. It was already used up when I attempted to use it. To be fair, I waited about 2 months to attempt to use it assuming it had the full $50 on it and I don't regularly shop at Macy's. My purchase was declined and I like any normal person in my situation would have done called Customer Service and inquired why my purchase was declined. They responded that the card had already been all used up. I was thinking, "WON scammed me!"
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
SM777
March 13th, 2018 at 8:25:22 PM permalink

WON defrauded me. He said he would give me a $100 Macy's gift card if I could prove to him in the real world that I was real since he assumed I was a major Troll. It turned out to be only $50. And when I attempted to use it it had already been used up. He played me. But to be fair, I WAS pretending to be a man when we tried to meet in a casino.

He straight up asked,"Are you a man or a woman? " I coyly responded,"Go up to the person dressed all in black playing Coyote Moon(Game I was playing on at the time, one of my favorites, :)) to find out!" I asked him what he looked and he ignored me. We both confirmed I had an oversized Miami Beach bag. I finally said,"I'm leaving since I never saw WON." Won uploaded a TITO as proof he was there. Crap went down big-time when we confronted each other later that night. I said it was meant on my end to be a cute surprise and he said something like,"How was that supposed to be a cute surprise? You're twisted, lady."

Posters told him to pay me because "The poster showing up as Nathan showed up and you yourself said," Prove to me in the real world that you're REAL and I will give you a $100 Macy's gift card. You said nothing about gender. Pay her or look like a bum a who doesn't keep his word. Your choice." Some people took his side saying stuff like,"She let him think she was a man! Why would he go up to a woman when he was deceived into thinking he was looking for a man? I wouldn't have gone up to a woman either in his shoes especially with all these reports of male on female harassment. WON said something like,"Thank you," to his agreers and told the people on my side,"I can't believe you expect me to pay her deceiving ass! "

We finally decided with blessing by a certain mediator with a $50 Macy's gift card. It was already used up when I attempted to use it. To be fair, I waited about 2 months to attempt to use it assuming it had the full $50 on it and I don't regularly shop at Macy's. My purchase was declined and I like any normal person in my situation would have done called Customer Service and inquired why my purchase was declined. They responded that the card had already been all used up. I was thinking, "WON scammed me!"

And you somehow forgot to tell us about this?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 8:26:57 PM permalink
I think everyone knows I mediated that.

There was $50 on it when I called to check it. I gave Nathan the card number, security code and number to call for the balance if she wanted to confirm it herself.

If it was used in the interim before Nathan used it, I wouldn’t know about it.

Nathan says she tried to use it two months later and nothing was on it; she never told me about that two months later. I don’t know why she wouldn’t. I went back and looked through PMs for about four months after that to be sure.
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 8:27:49 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

And you somehow forgot to tell us about this?

The mediation was private communication. There was a thread about everything leading up to the mediation.
billryan
billryan
March 13th, 2018 at 8:31:30 PM permalink
Believe me, I remember it. It was pretty painful. I'm dubious about the new devolpments..
Nathan
Nathan
March 13th, 2018 at 8:41:14 PM permalink
I have recently had PM's from mysterious names that are permanently in red calling ME a dirty scammer in regards to the already spent $50 gift card. :/
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 8:47:30 PM permalink
If you get anymore such PM’s, report those and I’m sure that those names will be in red, too.

You’re allowed to share PMs with Admins if they are harassing.
Nathan
Nathan
March 13th, 2018 at 8:53:46 PM permalink

If you get anymore such PM’s, report those and I’m sure that those names will be in red, too.

You’re allowed to share PMs with Admins if they are harassing.

Edited one vital word in my above post to make it crystal clear. :)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
MaxPen
March 13th, 2018 at 8:54:55 PM permalink
I think it’s pretty scammy for a chick to sign up with the name Nathan and start their first post with “I’m a 32 year old guy”
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 8:59:57 PM permalink

I have recently had PM's from mysterious names that are permanently in red calling ME a dirty scammer in regards to the already spent $50 gift card. :/

Banned people cannot send PM’s. If the PM went out and the handle is in red, they were banned after sending the PM.
Nathan
Nathan
March 13th, 2018 at 9:04:45 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I think it’s pretty scammy for a chick to sign up with the name Nathan and start their first post with “I’m a 32 year old guy”

Good point about me coming across as male with the name Nathan, but "I'm a 32 year old guy," was not my first post. My first post was about someone looking like he was trying to scam the IRS by doing shady things with his player's card.

I will edit my signature which I have been seriously considering doing for a while now to reflect the truth about my gender. :)
RS
RS
Thanked by
RogerKintMaxPen
March 13th, 2018 at 9:15:21 PM permalink

Maybe Nathan is one of those transcontinental people that shapeshift genders?
Mission146
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 9:31:30 PM permalink

Maybe Nathan is one of those transcontinental people that shapeshift genders?

I assume this is a joke, but there’s really no good reason that Nathan should be compelled to speak to Nathan’s specific gender identity. Nathan’s gender identity also has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 13th, 2018 at 9:33:51 PM permalink

Romes never claimed to be 32. (-;
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
boymimbo
boymimbo
March 13th, 2018 at 9:34:40 PM permalink
There are no guarantees on this forums that vouches for the characters of anyone on this forum, and like anything else, you make deals at your own risk. And while a mod on this site participated in a deal with a scammer and involved another member, I don't see any good evidence that shows that it was not out of good faith.

I've had paid deals with Michael for a few reviews that I wrote for the website which I knew he was good for. I participated in the first or second NFL pool, thought I had won, except to find out that someone made a post-bet (in my opinion) and ended up owing $1 instead of collecting a bunch of money. I didn't participate again because I thought the result was shady. I've been approached by someone on this forum via PM to work with them but didn't.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Aussie
March 13th, 2018 at 9:48:10 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

There are no guarantees on this forums that vouches for the characters of anyone on this forum, and like anything else, you make deals at your own risk. And while a mod on this site participated in a deal with a scammer and involved another member, I don't see any good evidence that shows that it was not out of good faith.

Are you talking about what Darkoz said? If so, how did I involve Darkoz in anything? Anything Darkoz and WoN worked on together has nothing to do with me and I had nothing to do with orchestrating meeting Darkoz.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
March 13th, 2018 at 10:12:48 PM permalink
Maybe I'll get myself in hot water here by stating the obvious, but Geejus-Heist...

...and wowza, so perhaps the cartoonish buffoon of all farcical buffoons actually does find followers, since I'm getting the definite inference that there were people who truly believed the ridiculous jackass who blew in calling himself WoN, to the extent of putting up actual money in some of his hare-brained tripe. And paid some serious attention to his immediate and constant torrent of juvenile bellowing about his supposed great gambling prowess and conspicuous posing about his alleged superior "hush-hush" valuable inside casino knowledge? And didn't think there's anything wrong between the ears of whatever cretin was working so very hard to impress people by trumpeting his brilliant mastery on a gambling forum? Yikes and egads.

Regardless of what specific information anyone did or didn't have about any other identities for the ludicrous "WoN" whack-job, he arrived from Day #1 with a great big flashing neon "Attention, wrong number here - Something is Very Seriously Wrong with Me" sign pasted on his virtual forehead which would be painfully overwhelmingly obvious pretty quickly to most folks with at least an ordinary adult's capacity for judgment, and probably even to many reasonably functional children. It was clear within a few sentences to the folks I'm most acquainted with around here when he blazed into some of the few thread topics that I follow closely. If any significant number of folks truly sincerely didn't have a hint of a clue that some kind of profoundly haywire flake was behind that keyboard, after about three years of putting on his extremely noisy and transparently screwy el-fako show, that is just amazing. Absolutely astounding. And that's not the kind of problem that's susceptible to being fixed through tinkering with any kind of formal rules and procedures.

But nevermind; I am Prince Moohoohollah of Abudja, and I would like to request your inconspicuous assistance protecting a large monetary sum...
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
  • Jump to: