Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 13th, 2018 at 7:18:57 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

More LOLOLOLOLOL - YUUUUGE protest

Crowd looks bigger than Donald's inauguration audience.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
July 13th, 2018 at 7:39:09 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Crowd looks bigger than Donald's inauguration audience.

#Yawn
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 7:49:07 AM permalink
Rod Rosenstein holding a press conference at 11:45 am for a "law enforcement announcement."

More indictments?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
July 13th, 2018 at 8:24:52 AM permalink

Rod Rosenstein holding a press conference at 11:45 am for a "law enforcement announcement."

More indictments?

Hopefully the entire republican house for obstruction
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 8:49:01 AM permalink

More indictments?

CNN is reporting it is a grand jury indictment.

No word on for who yet.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 13th, 2018 at 8:51:51 AM permalink
It will be an indictment...and it looks like he timed it perfectly to happen at the same time as Trump's arrival to meet the Queen of England.

I am sure it is only because the name(s) of those indicted could leak before they had a chance to do their publicity dealio...

Or maybe....
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2018 at 9:00:32 AM permalink
Charges will be against 12 (?) Russians for hacking DNC...

The press knuckleheads are on an open mic talking about it to producers...it is an embargoed press release. It is not supposed to be public in any way until the press conference starts.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 9:05:05 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Charges will be against 12 (?) Russians for hacking DNC...

The press knuckleheads are on an open mic talking about it to producers...it is an embargoed press release. It is not supposed to be public in any way until the press conference starts.

LOL I overheard that too.
aceofspades
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 9:06:26 AM permalink

The embargo is lifted -- after everyone read the release out loud
LOLOLOL
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2018 at 9:06:57 AM permalink

The guy is "sorry" about that...I heard him told several times that the mic was open.

Obviously, he did it on purpose.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 9:10:10 AM permalink
Very clearly Mueller is doing this right now for one reason: Donald sits down with Putin on Monday.
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2018 at 9:19:50 AM permalink

Very clearly Mueller is doing this right now for one reason: Donald sits down with Putin on Monday.

Yes, it is interesting timing. I don't think it will make a bit of difference to the President. He has already said that they were hacking our elections.

The strategy of indicting people they will never prosecute is interesting...it may be appropriate, but how do they think they will apprehend the defendants?

I wonder if anyone will try this tactic on us...

Of Hillary Clinton it was said...

“She did this in Haiti, she did this in Honduras, and now it’s coming back on her and she’s all verklempt about it,” Netherton added. “It’s a little bit of her own medicine, but unfortunately I don’t think she’s open minded enough to see that for what it is.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-us-has-been-meddling-in-other-countries-elections-for-a-century-it-doesnt-feel-good_us_57983b85e4b02d5d5ed382bd

...and it sounds like Trump knew this all along...so maybe the timing is irrelevant to his trip. He also said today that he would talk to Putin about it...but he didn't expect a Perry Mason moment.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 9:33:09 AM permalink
I wonder which U.S. congressional candidate made this request. They’re probably crapping their pants right about now!

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
July 13th, 2018 at 9:56:07 AM permalink
Our lawmakers ought to be ashamed of themselves for what transpired yesterday at the Strzok hearing. F**king disgraceful.
aceofspades
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 10:05:30 AM permalink
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
beachbumbabsams288Romes
July 13th, 2018 at 10:20:40 AM permalink
Nice cartoon.

Cracks me up. What's so hard for republicans to understand about the following:

If Strzok was hellbent on "stopping" Trump from becoming president, how come he didn't pick up the phone and call the Washington Post and leak that the Trump campaign was under investigation? Americans knew Hillary was being investigated. Wouldn't it be fair for us to know that Trump was also being investigated? You'd think that if there was a deep state conspiracy at the FBI to ensure Trump wasn't elected, the obvious thing to do is to leak it. But that didn't happen, because there is no deep state conspiracy at the FBI.

Like I said, f**king disgraceful.
aceofspades
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 10:26:01 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

*EXCERPT* If Strzok was hellbent on "stopping" Trump from becoming president, how come he didn't pick up the phone and call the Washington Post and leak that the Trump campaign was under investigation?

Because they did not want then candidate Trump to know his campaign was being investigated
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
July 13th, 2018 at 10:45:38 AM permalink

Nice cartoon.

Cracks me up. What's so hard for republicans to understand about the following:

If Strzok was hellbent on "stopping" Trump from becoming president, how come he didn't pick up the phone and call the Washington Post and leak that the Trump campaign was under investigation? Americans knew Hillary was being investigated. Wouldn't it be fair for us to know that Trump was also being investigated? You'd think that if there was a deep state conspiracy at the FBI to ensure Trump wasn't elected, the obvious thing to do is to leak it. But that didn't happen, because there is no deep state conspiracy at the FBI.

Like I said, f**king disgraceful.

I believe that there was no leak of the investigation because almost everyone thought that Trump had no chance what-so-ever of winning and additionally if the info was leaked it would be traced back to the FBI and seen as interfering in the election.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
Steverinos
Steverinos
July 13th, 2018 at 10:58:31 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

I believe that there was no leak of the investigation because almost everyone thought that Trump had no chance what-so-ever of winning and additionally if the info was leaked it would be traced back to the FBI and seen as interfering in the election.

Right, but they already were seen as interfering with the election when Comey wrote the letter, which clearly damaged the Hillary campaign. So put yourself in this guy's shoes. Comey writes the letter that was damaging to Hillary. The polls were tightening as we drew closer to election day, partly because of that letter. Republicans have latched onto that text where he said "we will stop him". The obvious thing to do at that point was to leak it in an effort to do just that.

The timeline doesn't support the republican narrative of a deep-state conspiracy at the FBI. But they are darn good at getting people to believe it anyway.
Last edited by: Steverinos on Jul 13, 2018
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 1:18:51 PM permalink
The only sentence worth remembering
from the Rosenstein presser:

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.”

Translation. There is zero evidence Trump
colluded with anybody about anything.
This is all Mueller has, BS about foreign
operatives who do what they always do
in our elections.

Remember what former special prosecutors
are saying. You always, 100% of the time,
issue your most damning indictments first.
You don't do the bush league indictments
first, you do them later. If Mueller had anything
on Trump, we would have heard about it long
before the crap we heard today.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 1:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The only sentence worth remembering
from the Rosenstein presser:

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.”

Yet.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
Thanked by
Mooseton
July 13th, 2018 at 1:35:37 PM permalink

Remember what former special prosecutors
are saying. You always, 100% of the time,
issue your most damning indictments first.

Sure, and then later Nixon was forced to resign. He didn't go to jail like the others out of the gate. Just the way it working now with Trump.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 13th, 2018 at 2:06:01 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Speaking of ridiculous Trump numbers he just stated that he doubled (and tripled) our GDP in one year

Do you believe that?

Hint: its not even possible

He didn’t double and triple GDP, but the Atlanta Fed forecast for second quarter GDP Growth is between 3.8% and 4.8%. Which is double and triple the 1.6% growth in 2016.

The Atlanta Fed forecast reached 4.8% on June 1st and June 14th, but fell back due to the trade war uncertainty.

Good and Bad Numbers:

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 13th, 2018 at 2:12:18 PM permalink

Right, but they already were seen as interfering with the election when Comey wrote the letter, which clearly damaged the Hillary campaign. So put yourself in this guy's shoes. Comey writes the letter that was damaging to Hillary. The polls were tightening as we drew closer to election day, partly because of that letter. Republicans have latched onto that text where he said "we will stop him". The obvious thing to do at that point was to leak it in an effort to do just that.

The timeline doesn't support the republican narrative of a deep-state conspiracy at the FBI. But they are darn good at getting people to believe it anyway.

And they thought HRC was a lock. So they get some bad press about making HRC look bad, but it’ll be fine soon because once she wins, nobody will care anymore. Since Trump is obviously not going to win, no reason to leak that he’s being investigated. Why hurt someone’s numbers when you don’t have to?

Of course, it kinda backfired because HRC is an unelectable witch.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 13th, 2018 at 4:36:24 PM permalink
This goofball is the Dem running for
governor in MI. His platform is:

"We have to stop Trump's racism from getting to Michigan'"

LOLOLOLOL

ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 5:10:39 PM permalink

Sounds good to me!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 13th, 2018 at 5:51:38 PM permalink

LOLOLOLOL

Actually this racist idiot is trailing by 20+ points in the latest poll to the establishment candidate Gretchen Whitmer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Thanedar

Reading his bio shows just another racist liberal that failed in business, cost banks money and was sued for fraud. He life reads as reason to limit immigration, not increase it.

Even the loony libs still left in the Great State of Michigan that helped elect our President Donald J Trump see this guy as a crackpot. Only in NY would the people nominate a candidate this far out there.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 5:57:23 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Actually this racist idiot is trailing by 20+ points in the latest poll to the establishment candidate Gretchen Whitmer

In your opinion, what makes him a racist?
Boz
Boz
July 13th, 2018 at 6:02:44 PM permalink

In your opinion, what makes him a racist?

For the same reason he calls Trump a racist and liberals call fine Americans racist when they disagree with a policy or their opinions. Facts are not needed when calling someone a racist.

And it’s the new way of life around here. We need to treat each other respectfully as members, while we say the ugliest things possible about non members we don’t agree with.
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2018 at 6:09:54 PM permalink

For the same reason he calls Trump a racist and liberals call fine Americans racist when they disagree with a policy or their opinions. Facts are not needed when calling someone a racist.

Well said! The term "racist" is tossed around so much at this point that the meaning has been lost.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
July 13th, 2018 at 6:12:04 PM permalink

LOLOLOLOL

Actually this racist idiot is trailing by 20+ points in the latest poll to the establishment candidate Gretchen Whitmer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Thanedar

Reading his bio shows just another racist liberal that failed in business, cost banks money and was sued for fraud. He life reads as reason to limit immigration, not increase it.

Even the loony libs still left in the Great State of Michigan that helped elect our President Donald J Trump see this guy as a crackpot. Only in NY would the people nominate a candidate this far out there.

To be fair, The Media said that Trump was laughingly far behind Clinton in the polls and wasn't going to win. And he did. So Shri being 20 points behind Gretchen in the polls really doesn't mean he won't win.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 6:16:49 PM permalink

Ah, so as I expected, you got nothing.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 6:23:17 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Well said! The term "racist" is tossed around so much at this point that the meaning has been lost.

So you decry the overuse of the term racist and yet applaud Boz when he openly admits has has no basis to call the guy a racist. Hmmmm.... that’s an..... interesting position.
Boz
Boz
July 13th, 2018 at 6:30:29 PM permalink

Ah, so as I expected, you got nothing.

No it’s everything but you don’t want to admit it. You throw the most hateful statements out there about Trump on a daily basis. I’m just doing the same thing you do to the garbage like this reject and that POS Alex Cortez from NY.

This thread is becoming a hate thread so why not say what we think about non members?

Just following your lead.
ams288
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 6:32:33 PM permalink

No it’s everything but you don’t want to admit it. You throw the most hateful statements out there about Trump on a daily basis.

Because he deserves it. And worse.

Carry on.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
ams288
July 13th, 2018 at 6:41:46 PM permalink

Carry on.

In your opinion, by the way an opinion that becomes more and more in the minority everyday.

My bet is he has actually made your life better in some ways and has done nothing to hurt it. But you have something in your life that makes you unable to accept it or him.

Any speculation on my part would be personal so I’ll stay away from that. I gave my opinion once, you were “offended” and reported me.

But you really should talk to someone about all the hatred you have, it’s not good for your health . Or don’t, it’s just something nice to say. I really don’t give a f, you’re entertaining.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
July 13th, 2018 at 6:51:22 PM permalink

Carry on.

And Trump is off to lick Putin's shoe when he should be talking about taking more punitive actions and likely suspending his trip for now at the very least like any decent President would.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 13th, 2018 at 7:40:20 PM permalink

... (snip)
Reading his bio shows just another racist liberal that failed in business, cost banks money and was sued for fraud. He life reads as reason to limit immigration, not increase it. ...

You sure you weren't reading Trump's bio?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
July 13th, 2018 at 7:42:20 PM permalink
That's funny that failing in business, costing banks money, and being sued for fraud is suddenly a problem when a liberal democrat has it happen to him.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
LuckyPhow
July 13th, 2018 at 7:46:38 PM permalink
In case I am being too subtle, search for

Donald Trump failed businesses
Donald Trump loan defaults
Donald Trump sued for fraud
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 13th, 2018 at 8:43:59 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

And also deduct from their paycheck the time spent on personal matters.

And give them bonuses for every extra work they do outside of hours? Workplaces give their employees laptops and phones so that they can be more productive when they are not at work. The trade off of course is that personal time leaks into work time.

I work from home. I have no hours. Some weeks I work 40 hours, and some weeks I work 60. I am expected to be at meetings at any given time of the day or night. Do I watch Netflix on my work issued laptop? You betcha. Do I go to to WoV? Nope. I can't. And in the last 13 years in the companies I've worked for I've only had one company paid phone.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RonC
RonC
July 13th, 2018 at 11:56:55 PM permalink

So you decry the overuse of the term racist and yet applaud Boz when he openly admits has has no basis to call the guy a racist. Hmmmm.... that’s an..... interesting position.

No, I applaud Boz saying that the term racist is overused...him using it is an example of that overuse to make that point.

President Trump is not a racist because he holds strong positions on immigration. Some on the other side have held similar opinions--we need to keep them out--that does not make then racist. Upholding the laws of the land is his job. If there is a bad law, it should be changed...not ignored.

You can disagree with someone, even loathe them, without them (or their position an issue) being a racist. That even makes more sense--just say "I want open borders" instead of "Trump is a racist who wants to keep non-whites out of the country."

It is much easier to say "Women will die" if Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed and becomes Justice Kavanaugh than it is to say that we need to try to defeat his nomination but doggone it...we may not have the votes and changes Harry Reid made to the Senate rules (and was told at the time would come back to bite him) took that body further down the path of simply doing many things by majority votes.

The point is...calling someone names is often easier than making an actual argument for a differing position. Yes, in case you wondered, I do see that from both sides and it is rather annoying either way.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 14th, 2018 at 12:08:21 AM permalink

This clown is being backed by somebody,
every time I have a local station on I see
his ads. He speaks with a heavy accent
and I'm sorry, he looks like an actual
bridge troll out of LOTR.

He has an ad with his arm around Hillary,
like that will win him votes in MI. Why
anybody would fund his campaign is
a mystery. He has commercials where
he makes fun of how he looks, like
it's supposed to be endearing.

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 14th, 2018 at 12:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

And give them bonuses for every extra work they do outside of hours? Workplaces give their employees laptops and phones so that they can be more productive when they are not at work. The trade off of course is that personal time leaks into work time.

I work from home. I have no hours. Some weeks I work 40 hours, and some weeks I work 60. I am expected to be at meetings at any given time of the day or night. Do I watch Netflix on my work issued laptop? You betcha. Do I go to to WoV? Nope. I can't. And in the last 13 years in the companies I've worked for I've only had one company paid phone.

I was mostly commenting about federal workers on company time abusing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/23/sec.porn/index.html
RS
RS
July 14th, 2018 at 1:40:43 AM permalink

This clown is being backed by somebody,
every time I have a local station on I see
his ads. He speaks with a heavy accent
and I'm sorry, he looks like an actual
bridge troll out of LOTR.

He has an ad with his arm around Hillary,
like that will win him votes in MI. Why
anybody would fund his campaign is
a mystery. He has commercials where
he makes fun of how he looks, like
it's supposed to be endearing.

His accent sounds kinda Mexican. But isn't he a (dot) Indian?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 14th, 2018 at 2:00:33 AM permalink
England's Trump haters elevated this song, "American Idiot" to close to the top of the charts in honor of his visit. Love every minute of it:
Please don't feed the trolls
RS
RS
July 14th, 2018 at 2:50:59 AM permalink
Quote:

Don’t wanna be an American idiot
One nation controlled by the media
Information age of hysteria
It’s calling out to idiot America

I don't think the liberals are quite understanding the song....or maybe they just love to be super hypocritical (surprise, I know!). Keep watching CNN and MSNBC, they'll for sure tell you the truth, mhmmm!!!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
ams288
July 14th, 2018 at 4:09:23 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't think the liberals are quite understanding the song....or maybe they just love to be super hypocritical (surprise, I know!). Keep watching CNN and MSNBC, they'll for sure tell you the truth, mhmmm!!!

could be worse. you could be glued to Faux News as your brain seizes up.
Please don't feed the trolls
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Romes
July 14th, 2018 at 4:09:55 AM permalink
The Scotsman sums it all up quite nicely...

RonC
RonC
July 14th, 2018 at 5:36:18 AM permalink

The Scotsman sums it all up quite nicely...

You only need answer one question:

Do you now, or did you ever,consider President Clinton a despicable human being?

Before you answer...unlike others who may, I am not someone President Trump a model human being. He has faults; perhaps more than any President in our history. I don't think he was the best candidate. I didn't want him to become President. I do think he is a better President than his opponent would have been as far as my political leanings go. I was not convinced at the time of the election that either one of them would do very well as President.

I didn't like President Clinton. I thought he was a despicable human being. However, I would say that he did a decent job as President. Not perfect...but who is...
  • Jump to: