Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 10th, 2019 at 8:48:11 AM permalink
Can someone please explain what the difference is between some sort of "wall" and what Democrats routinely supported (see all of the videos) just a short time ago? I really don't see why they can't come to some kind of a compromise for a few billion based on that support other than "but Trump..."

You can assume trump is lying, overplaying his hand, sucks, is deranged, and all of those things...but MANY Democrats wanted a border fence things before he came to be President.

Is it just that giving him anything that might be called a "win" for him is unacceptable to them?

Also, why do we trust studies showing most drugs come across the at checkpoints? The most drugs FOUND may come across at checkpoints but the whole point of smuggling is NOT GETTING CAUGHT!!!

Do the smugglers file a report once the get the drugs in on how they got them here?

Cheers!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 10th, 2019 at 8:51:15 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Not here, still believe he is the best or 2nd best President of my lifetime.

Worst President ever.
Cant even keep the govt open.
Takes no responsibility for the mess he created.
Is now going with outright lies that are disgusting. I just heard Trump say " I really believe this, Democrats don't care about crime"
Either a liar or living in a fantasy
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 10th, 2019 at 8:59:55 AM permalink
How much drugs could a person carry on a trip through the desert? People die for lack of water, but you think they are hauling backpacks of drugs with them? The logistics would be nuts. Where do you find 100 people willing to take your drugs? Who collects them on the other side?. Seems much easier to bring them across the ways I've seen in hundreds of movies and shows.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
January 10th, 2019 at 9:04:14 AM permalink
"The buck stops with everybody."
Nuff Said.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RonC
RonC
January 10th, 2019 at 9:10:52 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

How much drugs could a person carry on a trip through the desert? People die for lack of water, but you think they are hauling backpacks of drugs with them? The logistics would be nuts. Where do you find 100 people willing to take your drugs? Who collects them on the other side?. Seems much easier to bring them across the ways I've seen in hundreds of movies and shows.

There are thousands of miles of border. Much of it does cross in uninhabited areas that are very hostile to human life. Some of it crosses near inhabited areas that are not checkpoints. Those places are much more conducive to illegal crossings and smuggling of all kinds. There are other thousands of miles of border that is water. I'm not saying that "a lot" of drugs don't come via checkpoints, but I think it is ludicrous to think we really know 100% for sure how they come in to our country.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2019 at 9:12:37 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Is it just that giving him anything that might be called a "win" for him is unacceptable to them?

You give in and next thing you know, Trump will shut down the govt again over some other BS pet project
RonC
RonC
January 10th, 2019 at 9:20:18 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

You give in and next thing you know, Trump will shut down the govt again over some other BS pet project

I get that, but it isn't just his pet project....it is something that, at least for 700-1000 miles, was roundly supported by Dems just a short time ago.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2019 at 9:36:27 AM permalink

I get that, but it isn't just his pet project....it is something that, at least for 700-1000 miles, was roundly supported by Dems just a short time ago.

Border security does not equal an absurd wall over thousands of miles of unpopulated wilderness in many parts
billryan
billryan
January 10th, 2019 at 9:36:56 AM permalink

Trumps vision is a thirty foot wall from sea to shining sea. Kindly show me one Democrat in Congress that ever supported that? Democrats voted for the existing portions of the wall as part of a larger immigration package, a package Republicans failed to implement.
Why is it a national emergency now that Democrats are in power? Wasn't it one last month? Three months ago? Why didnt the Republicans vote for the wall in two years they controlled the House?
Or maybe it simply isn't. Trump overplayed his hand and millions of Americans are suffering.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
January 10th, 2019 at 9:53:02 AM permalink
What Trump sold on the campaign trail is NOT what Democrats have traditionally supported.

When Republicans controlled the entire government, Democrats offered him his wall in exchange for DACA back when Trump said he wanted "a bill of love" for the dreamers. He turned that deal down because of a**holes like Stephen Miller in his ear taking the hard line approach with kids that have been here their whole lives and identify as Americans. NOW, he wants his wall wall when Democrats just won an election?

Get real. He should've took the deal back when he had a chance. If there's anything we've learned about Donald Trump, is that he's a liar, a horrible "deal maker", and a con man who pulled off the biggest con in the history of our country.

He's good at one thing, and that is getting people to believe he's good at anything.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 10th, 2019 at 9:56:55 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Passports work in place of driver's licenses. It's still funny to think that some lefties won't be able to fly though simply because they don't have a passport.

Passports are only required to pass international borders. There are 137,588,000 passports in circulation as of end of FY 2018. The ownership rate is said to be about 46% of citizens. California issued enhanced drivers licenses, RealID beginning in 2018. But those licenses were found not to be compliant.

The January 22 deadline was extended to April 1 yesterday. California's DMV issues the licenses so this has nothing to do with the shutdown or Trump.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 10th, 2019 at 9:59:51 AM permalink
Trump is clearly out of his depth in the arena of national and international politics.

What worked for business won't necessarily fly: for one thing Uncle Sam cannot declare bankruptcy.

Amateur hour, and we are paying the price for his blundering, misanthropic stupidity.
"What, me worry?"
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 10th, 2019 at 10:02:52 AM permalink

Can someone please explain what the difference is between some sort of "wall" and what Democrats routinely supported (see all of the videos) just a short time ago? I really don't see why they can't come to some kind of a compromise for a few billion based on that support other than "but Trump..."

There were plenty of proposals that President Obama made which the GOP had previously supported up until President Obama made them. Then it was a "but Obama..."

Never heard you complain about those. But now that the shoe is on the other foot, you can't let this supposed hypocrisy by the Dems go.

Curious.... Not really.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2019 at 10:08:19 AM permalink

Not here, still believe he is the best or 2nd best President of my lifetime. Still like what Clinton did to reduce welfare benefits and try to make the country more fiscally responsible.

Other than liberals acting like they are compassionate, it’s hard to find another Trump has done to hurt any of our citizens. It’s mostly political with the left having no idea how to deal with a guy who tells it like it is.

You can’t find one issue liberals are upset about that isn’t based on concerns about future elections, period.

I don’t like his spending but it seems neither party cares about that anymore and polls show most Americans don’t either.

That makes me a Proud MAGAhole. Feel free to use it as a negative, not sure why though. Compassionate people understand it’s a beautiful thing used as part of lovemaking in many totally normal relationships.

This post is in response to my post about Donald lying about how he said Mexico would pay for the wall.

I literally have no idea what your point is other than... "I like Trump and am happy to be conned by him." We already knew that.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 10th, 2019 at 10:13:48 AM permalink

Given Trump's demeanor and his campaign promise to have Mexico pay for a beautiful wall why would a democrat satisfy this desire? This is the problem: trump has shutdown government because he is not getting 5.7 billion for a WALL. A wall that Mexico should be writing the cheque for.

And you are right Dems and the GOO do support smart border security that is a combination of efforts that includes a wall in certain places. Probably the best use of money would be to hire a pile of adjudicators to process and reject all of the asylum claims and deport everyone who doesn't meet the requirements.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 10th, 2019 at 10:24:39 AM permalink
The guy who doesn’t see my posts said millions of Americans are “suffering” as result of the shutdown.

Can someone ask him for proof of this and what defines suffering to him? Are people dying in the streets from starvation? Having their homes foreclosed on? Sick of watching reruns?

Sounds like we need a fact checker on him. Otherwise he is spouting nonsense like Trump is accused of hourly by the liberal elite around here.

As always, follow the money to see why some are so concerned about this shutdown.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 10th, 2019 at 10:55:10 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I wonder what story he saw on NBC that set him off...

He saw Lawrence O'Donnell last night, with Ezra Klein as a guest psychoanalize him in unflattering terms and dig for the real base of Trumps motives. He tweeted back at them for what they said.

Trump.personally hates O'Donnell, has trash-tweeted and name-checked him several times. But now Trump refuses to call him out by name because O'Donnell turns it back on him.

Trump also went after the NBC reporter on the lawn this morning the same way.

I suppose he has a point. NBC is responsible for him being president. Without his stupid reality show, he would never have gotten elected. Thanks, NBC.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 10th, 2019 at 11:12:09 AM permalink
The last emergency about illegal immigrants was just prior to the midterm votes. What happened immediately after that? Trump went quiet. Never seen a real emergency that worked like that.

Not a real emergency.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
SteverinosSOOPOO
January 10th, 2019 at 11:38:34 AM permalink

You can assume trump is lying, overplaying his hand, sucks, is deranged, and all of those things...but MANY Democrats wanted a border fence things before he came to be President.

Also, why do we trust studies showing most drugs come across the at checkpoints? The most drugs FOUND may come across at checkpoints but the whole point of smuggling is NOT GETTING CAUGHT!!!

Do the smugglers file a report once the get the drugs in on how they got them here?

Cheers!

The Wall refusal is mostly symbolic even though the Wall is literal. It goes to checks and balances of the branches of the government.

Presidents and administrations have always submitted budget requests by department. Appropriations, in coordination with administrative heads and subcommittees specializing in each area, meet to earmark each section of the budget. Congress then appropriates the money under its constitutional authority.

If the allocation does not meet congressional approval, too bad so sad. Try again next year. That's how it works, under all Administrations.

This administration did not sufficiently make the case for this wall appropriation during the 2 years they had sole control of the budget. Hyperbole and lies did not move the needle - remember the shutdown started while the Republican Congress was still in session.

The larger point is, the appropriation process cannot be forced or influenced by the Administration holding the government hostage. If They EVER, even once, give in to extortion like this, it will be tried for every single project they can't get through the correct process, undercutting Congressional authority.

I know you know all of this, but just in case you weren't being rhetorical, that's the real issue, at least for the Democrats.

FWIW, these are the kind of presentations I made many times as a DC Liaison, then as a contractor after retirement. We would demonstrate our equipment, explain its function and make the case for priority placement in the Department budget to a team that usually included SecTrans and/or FAA.Admin. Staff in attendance was risk management and budget calculators, as well as trusted advisors with expertise. After presentations, that group would rank projects for priority spending, develop that proposed budget, and it would go to OMB, who does their own ranking, and develops the overall ask to Congress.

It was a very intimidating setting and process. You had to really believe in the project (s) you represented or you'd just sound like a huckster.

Anyway, back to the Wall. The rest of the rhetoric is posturing and politics. Democrats don't oppose Border Security, and they can prove that. They just won't earmark funds for a Wall (and neither did the Republicans) they don't think will work. Which is their job and sole authority under the Constitution.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 10th, 2019 at 12:08:46 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

....redacted

Last edited by: petroglyph on Jan 10, 2019
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 10th, 2019 at 12:10:23 PM permalink

The guy who doesn’t see my posts said millions of Americans are “suffering” as result of the shutdown.

Can someone ask him for proof of this and what defines suffering to him? Are people dying in the streets from starvation? Having their homes foreclosed on? Sick of watching reruns?

Sounds like we need a fact checker on him. Otherwise he is spouting nonsense like Trump is accused of hourly by the liberal elite around here.

As always, follow the money to see why some are so concerned about this shutdown.

The news shows and media are filled with people who can't pay for their kid's therapy or medications, can't pay their mortgages, can't pay their tuition on time and kids are under warning they will he expelled for non-payment soon.

7 people have died in National parks since the shutdown, at least several would have gotten help in time if the parks were staffed. I last heard that number about 3 Days ago, could easily be more by now.

Small businesses located and in support of government buildings have already started filing for extensions and bankruptcy, with the loss of their expected clientele.

Government contractors will NOT be made whole for lost business and wages. Most of those are small businesses, and the government is their sole client. Most of their wages are low, in the clerical/light industrial/janitorial/unskilled labor fields. Chances are those hundreds of thousands (they are NOT part of the 800,000 federal workers firloughed) are either starving or taking other jobs. No idea whether their parent companies can withstand much more shutdown - I suppose it will depend on their capital reserves.

I saw a Stat (don't know the source, seems in line with other estimates of savings rates and other stats) that said 73% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. What are they supposed to do? Especially those deemed essential : they can't even go get other jobs.

Airplanes are not being inspected for 3 weeks now. Delays are mounting up in TSA security lines. Most controllers are exhausted, working forced overtime for several weeks now, and staffing is already at 30 year lows. The OT is needed because all the support for line controllers are forced to stay home.

1900 controllers are eligible for retirement right now, out of ~14000. I know about 100 who have filled out their paperwork and are ready to drop it with no notice if this continues for more than a few days longer (and I don't know everybody). The stress and distractions are worsening in an already challenging environment, as everybody got their zero pay statements today.

NOBODY should buy non-refundable tickets right now. Just a heads-up.
Boz
Boz
January 10th, 2019 at 12:25:12 PM permalink
And breweries can’t get Label approval for new beers, which is an antiquated law to start with, either. But they and us beer drinkers will survive.

Somehow everyone will live, unlike Officer Singh.

And if the Democrats were actually concerned about these “Suffering” Americans, they would ask for an extra $5 Billion for some wasteful program, give Trump the wall money and save everyone like the hero’s they are.

Nobody blinks and people “Suffer”.

Going through a TSA Precheck line tomorrow, if it’s open. I’ll report on the “suffering “, including my own if the Precheck line is closed.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
January 10th, 2019 at 12:33:30 PM permalink

The news shows and media are filled with people who can't pay for their kid's therapy or medications, can't pay their mortgages, can't pay their tuition on time and kids are under warning they will he expelled for non-payment soon.

7 people have died in National parks since the shutdown, at least several would have gotten help in time if the parks were staffed. I last heard that number about 3 Days ago, could easily be more by now.

Small businesses located and in support of government buildings have already started filing for extensions and bankruptcy, with the loss of their expected clientele.

Government contractors will NOT be made whole for lost business and wages. Most of those are small businesses, and the government is their sole client. Most of their wages are low, in the clerical/light industrial/janitorial/unskilled labor fields. Chances are those hundreds of thousands (they are NOT part of the 800,000 federal workers firloughed) are either starving or taking other jobs. No idea whether their parent companies can withstand much more shutdown - I suppose it will depend on their capital reserves.

I saw a Stat (don't know the source, seems in line with other estimates of savings rates and other stats) that said 73% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. What are they supposed to do? Especially those deemed essential : they can't even go get other jobs.

Airplanes are not being inspected for 3 weeks now. Delays are mounting up in TSA security lines. Most controllers are exhausted, working forced overtime for several weeks now, and staffing is already at 30 year lows. The OT is needed because all the support for line controllers are forced to stay home.

1900 controllers are eligible for retirement right now, out of ~14000. I know about 100 who have filled out their paperwork and are ready to drop it with no notice if this continues for more than a few days longer (and I don't know everybody). The stress and distractions are worsening in an already challenging environment, as everybody got their zero pay statements today.

NOBODY should buy non-refundable tickets right now. Just a heads-up.

Shows how much Chuck and Nancy GAF about the lives and livelihoods of others, when it comes to slipping in more future democrat voters.
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2019 at 12:43:00 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Shows how much Chuck and Nancy GAF about the lives and livelihoods of others, when it comes to slipping in more future democrat voters.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down." - Donald J. Trump
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
January 10th, 2019 at 12:43:36 PM permalink

Repeat after me, MAGAholes:

Warning given for using vulgar language to describe a group of people. Please see our new rule 18.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2019 at 12:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Warning given for using vulgar language to describe a group of people. Please see our new rule 18.

Will the right-wingers’ use of “libtard” fall under the new rule 18?
Steverinos
Steverinos
January 10th, 2019 at 1:11:37 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Interesting. The major GOP talking point is that democrats once supported a wall but now don't because...Trump.
Steverinos
Steverinos
January 10th, 2019 at 1:17:14 PM permalink

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security... I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down." - Donald J. Trump

There's always a Trump quote or tweet to show how full of s**t he is.

Don the Con.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2019 at 1:28:45 PM permalink

And breweries can’t get Label approval for new beers, which is an antiquated law to start with, either. But they and us beer drinkers will survive.

But at what quality of life
No way I want gout.
I dont have gout but DR insisted I go on a low purine diet to stay healthy
Alcohol is a huge no no.
I wont drink or touch that hard drug.
Steverinos
Steverinos
January 10th, 2019 at 2:15:58 PM permalink
"Wheels work. Wheels are older than walls, did you know that?" Donald Trump, 1/10/2019
billryan
billryan
January 10th, 2019 at 3:05:49 PM permalink
I saw a clip yesterday from the 1990s where he tells students not to let walls get in their way. Go around it, go over it or go through it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
January 10th, 2019 at 3:30:54 PM permalink

Will the right-wingers’ use of “libtard” fall under the new rule 18?

Yes.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
Boz
January 10th, 2019 at 4:11:21 PM permalink

Really? I wonder how this is possible since they have yet to miss a paycheck. The employees will not miss their first paycheck until Friday Jan 11th?
Can we infer from the news shows and media that the government is filled with employees who are so inept at managing their finances and planning for emergencies that they can't pay for their kid's therapy or medications, can't pay their mortgages, can't pay their tuition on time etc., if they miss one paycheck?

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/9/18172329/partial-government-shutdown-paycheck

Quote:

Couldn't these people wait to visit the National Parks until after the shutdown? I would think that they would know about the shutdown and the associated limited/reduced/zero staffing. They went there knowing the risks involved.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2019 at 4:18:50 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Really? I wonder how this is possible since they have yet to miss a paycheck.

Plenty of people have missed a pay check already
The shutdown does not just affect govt employees.
There are people that don't work directly for the Govt that this has affected

Most people in this country live pay check to paycheck
That's simply reality
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2019 at 4:24:24 PM permalink
A trauma surgeon in Tarrant County Tx is the Vice Chairman of the Republican Party.
He is not a Christian so some Republicans are so furious that they want him removed
The vote is tonight
Really sad how much hate is out there among republicans
So what if he is Muslim. He save lives. Has my total respect

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-republicans-clash-over-efforts-to-oust-muslim-county-official

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-politics/2019/01/09/gov-greg-abbott-condemns-tarrant-gop-efforts-oust-muslim-vice-chair-day-before-vote-remove

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/09/texas-republicans-muslim-chairman/
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 10th, 2019 at 4:37:11 PM permalink
What’s the budget? Something like $4.4 trillion, right? Trump wants $5.7 billion for wall. That’s a 0.129% of the budget. Of course NPCs (Nancy Pelosi & Chuck schumer) are anti-wall, as it’s another way for them and their followers to virtue signal.
ams288
ams288
January 10th, 2019 at 4:57:24 PM permalink
Quote: RS

What’s the budget? Something like $4.4 trillion, right? Trump wants $5.7 billion for wall.

Honest question:

Why do some people just say “wall” and not “the wall”?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 10th, 2019 at 5:05:21 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Really? I wonder how this is possible since they have yet to miss a paycheck. The employees will not miss their first paycheck until Friday Jan 11th?
Can we infer from the news shows and media that the government is filled with employees who are so inept at managing their finances and planning for emergencies that they can't pay for their kid's therapy or medications, can't pay their mortgages, can't pay their tuition on time etc., if they miss one paycheck?

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/9/18172329/partial-government-shutdown-paycheck

I remembered the number wrong. Per CNBC, the number of people living paycheck to paycheck is 78%, not 73%. So, no, they budget their lives to stay ahead of their auto-deposited paychecks. And, these days, most people have autopay for a dozen accounts, between utilities, credit cards, etc. That's going to be a major goat-rope immediately. Like, tomorrow..
Quote:

Couldn't these people wait to visit the National Parks until after the shutdown? I would think that they would know about the shutdown and the associated limited/reduced/zero staffing. They went there knowing the risks involved.

Accidents happen. People have heart attacks. Etc. I doubt anybody went to the park planning to die there.

But, yeah, suicide rates are already up for the past year in every state, state by state statistics. This is going to push some more people over. The hotlines are hiring extra people just because of this, we were told, for those looking for a short term job.

Edited for autocorrect insanity.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jan 10, 2019
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
mcallister3200BozRSSOOPOO
January 10th, 2019 at 5:12:03 PM permalink
I will post some more inconvenient facts. 73% of households from Mexico and Central America on welfare. Liberals keep going on and on acting like these border crossers are harder working, more law abiding, and more deserving than citizens. That they are somehow a gift. They are no more a gift than syphilis.

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
January 10th, 2019 at 5:12:05 PM permalink

What’s the budget? Something like $4.4 trillion, right? Trump wants $5.7 billion for wall. That’s a 0.129% of the budget.

A couple years ago, conservative estimates had it around $25 billion. The $5 billion Trump is asking for now is only to get started. And if his ability to reduce Congresses power works, he'll do it again next year for even more money. And then sometime in the future a president with a D next to their name will have learned to do the same thing to get their budget through.

(As a private business owner, Trump had no problem promising wonderful construction projects at lower costs than anyone else. It led to multiple bankruptcies)>

Of course NPCs (Nancy Pelosi & Chuck schumer) are anti-wall, as it’s another way for them and their followers to virtue signal.

Trump just had two years without Pelosi as speaker of the house and refused to build The Wall. That was a clear signal doesn't care about border security (using the logic that only The Wall and nothing else could ever create a secure border). At this point, Paul Ryan deserves far more of the blame for lack of The Wall than Pelosi. Schumer is still Minority Leader in the Senate.

-----

I don't have a problem with The Wall on the border. The only problem I have is with the eminent domain required to take away the property rights of Americans. For Trump to feel so strongly about wanting to do that shows that he is easily the most liberal president in our history. Trump seems strongly against a partial wall that doesn't take away property rights, while also offering both increased border security and an end to the government shutdown?

-----

Why didn't Trump ever tweet anything about declaring National Emergency as a candidate or new president? To wait this long to even bring up the issue makes it completely clear he is the one causing it. Of course as the most liberal president in history, Trump could never accept any responsibility for anything that ever happened while he was the president of the country. And it's becoming quite obvious his supporters have the same exact sense of responsibility and accountability.
Boz
Boz
January 10th, 2019 at 5:19:44 PM permalink

But at what quality of life
No way I want gout.
I dont have gout but DR insisted I go on a low purine diet to stay healthy
Alcohol is a huge no no.
I wont drink or touch that hard drug.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/gallup-poll-american-drinking-habits

So 62% of American males identify as beer drinkers. You probably should invest in stocks that work with Gout.

Smoke up brother, I know that weed has made your life better.

And PS, it’s a great time in America to make money with hard work and common sense under Trump. I know you have both, so why not take advantage of it? Don’t let your hatred get in the way. It’s why we are still the greatest country in the world and why people are willing to sacrifice their children’s life to get here. It’s why they accept rape for the potential to get here. It’s why they strap drugs to their back, drugs that kill people in the country they dream of, just to get here.
Boz
Boz
January 10th, 2019 at 5:27:34 PM permalink

Plenty of people have missed a pay check already
The shutdown does not just affect govt employees.
There are people that don't work directly for the Govt that this has affected

Most people in this country live pay check to paycheck
That's simply reality

Since we are talking percentages, what percentage of these people smoke? Cigarettes? Weed?

Think 401K matches are for suckers?
Think a 3rd kid was really needed.
Decided college wasn’t worth it?
Thought that boss was an idiot?
Thought going to the game was more important than the available OT?

Liberals always show the worst case scenario, yet never want to accept how many people have F’D up their own life through bad choices. That’s reality.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 10th, 2019 at 5:27:40 PM permalink

What’s the budget? Something like $4.4 trillion, right? Trump wants $5.7 billion for wall. That’s a 0.129% of the budget. Of course NPCs (Nancy Pelosi & Chuck schumer) are anti-wall, as it’s another way for them and their followers to virtue signal.

If he demanded it for his arse pocket would it still be negligible? What if he just wanted to spend it on a 1 mile high billboard that said 'Trumpy is a demigod'
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
January 10th, 2019 at 5:33:02 PM permalink

I remembered the number wrong. Per CNBC, the number of people living paycheck to paycheck is 78%, not 73%. So, no, they budget their lives to stay ahead of their auto-deposited paychecks. And, these days, most people have autopay for a dozen accounts, between utilities, credit cards, etc. That's going to be a major goat-rope immediately. Like, tomorrow.

Personal debt: Are Americans responsible with their paychecks?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/budget-and-spending/2018/02/13/personal-debt-americans-responsible-with-paychecks/110364224/
I quote a portion of the article:
Quote:

In some cases, however, workers know they're not making sound financial decisions. In fact, a new report from CreditLoan.com shows that nearly 1-in-4 Americans knows they are spending their paychecks in irresponsible ways at least some of the time.

How bad is it?
On the positive side, the survey of 1,000 employed Americans showed that 52% of respondents feel that they spend their paycheck responsibly "often" while 25% checked off "always." Only 1% said they never spend their paycheck responsibly while 4% said "not often," and 18% answered "sometimes."
That's 75% of Americans who at least occasionally know they are making a poor decision as to how to spend their paycheck but do it anyway. When one does opt to make that irresponsible purchase, it's often not a small one.

emphasis is mine

People who are irresponsible have to live with the consequences.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
Boz
Boz
January 10th, 2019 at 5:33:08 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I will post some more inconvenient facts. 73% of households from Mexico and Central America on welfare. Liberals keep going on and on acting like these border crossers are harder working, more law abiding, and more deserving than citizens. That they are somehow a gift. They are no more a gift than syphilis.

Some feel syphillis is just another result of people not having education on the fact that unprotected sex can have consequences. They are simply victims of Republicans.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
ams288
January 10th, 2019 at 5:42:52 PM permalink

Quote: MaxPen

Some feel syphillis is just another result of people not having education on the fact that unprotected sex can have consequences. They are simply victims of Republicans.

No matter how well educated some people are they are just such complete assholes that they believe a person could be analogous to an STD simply because of where they were born
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
January 10th, 2019 at 5:52:04 PM permalink
I drive Uber every once in awhile and visit a forum plus some facebook groups. People have mentioned that there is an influx of drivers with government people trying to make ends meat. So the shut down is not only affecting the government but there is a trickle down happening. More drivers means lower prices and less volume for the people who do it for a living. So now there are people who are having a tough time making ends meat in that market as well. I am sure there are other industries that is taking a beating too.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 10th, 2019 at 6:09:00 PM permalink
I think.we should rename Trump The Abyss.

Every time I think he could go no lower, he finds a crack and down he goes.

He today asked FEMA to take the 5.7B out of the emergency funds already allocated (by Congress, already appropriated) for the CA wildfires (Paradise and Carr) and hurricane recovery in Houston (Harvey) Florida (Irma and Michael) and Puerto Rico (Maria).

Speechless.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 10th, 2019 at 6:23:23 PM permalink

The hotlines are hiring extra people just because of this, we were told, for those looking for a short term job.

Glad you can admit Trump is creating even more jobs.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 10th, 2019 at 6:24:22 PM permalink

The OMB (Trump's department for budgeting) estimates place the cost of the wall at 39.9 Billion. The 5.7 Billion is a down payment.

For comparison, that's 2.5 years of running the entire FAA, including paying 50,000 people and running more than 650 facilities, buying and maintaining equipment for airports and control buildings, training, research, and development. A much better use of your tax dollars.
  • Jump to: