Thread Rating:

Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
October 3rd, 2017 at 5:04:02 PM permalink
What the Fk, just as our country is coping with the worst shooting in history, Corrupt mainstream media the failing ABC news, published an article slamming APs and high rollers. Using a linguistical ambiguity trick known as the Oxford comma, stated that All CTR are automatically suspicious. Basically if you're an AP and you're forced to spread high to turn a profit, you're a fking mass murderer if you they give you a CTR.

The title of this article makes me furious:

"Vegas shooter had 200+ reports of suspicious activities, large financial transactions in casinos"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegas-shooter-200-reports-suspicious-activities-large-financial/story?id=50258986

They probably claim they meant "Shooter had 200 reports of (SAR+CTR)", but the way they incorrectly used the comma, by the rules of American English, it means "Shooter had 200 suspicious reports -- they are all CTRs"

APs and high rollers should not tolerate this abuse from ABC news. We should stand up and collectively sue the sht out of them for vicious slander.


It is already disgusting that liberals are taking advantage of a national tragedy to push anti-gun agenda. Now we have to deal with the corrupt mainstream media taking advantage of a national tragedy to push anti-cash agenda?

They want to criminalize using cash, they want to make cash transactions suspicious, so they can confiscate using civil forfeiture and call it drug money. They want to force the citizens to put all their assets in government controlled banks so when an emergency happens they can levy all our savings from the bank. That's the real reason the deep state government is trying to criminalize cash, and the mainstream media is helping them by taking advantage of this national tragedy.

If not this then, why publish a 3 page article that is basically 1 sentence, "The shooter was a high roller"?
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 862
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
October 3rd, 2017 at 5:50:16 PM permalink
Methinks you are overreacting.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 78
  • Posts: 5278
October 3rd, 2017 at 6:21:03 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

What the Fk, just as our country is coping with the worst shooting in history, Corrupt mainstream media the failing ABC news, published an article slamming APs and high rollers. Using a linguistical ambiguity trick known as the Oxford comma, stated that All CTR are automatically suspicious. Basically if you're an AP and you're forced to spread high to turn a profit, you're a fking mass murderer if you they give you a CTR.

The title of this article makes me furious:

"Vegas shooter had 200+ reports of suspicious activities, large financial transactions in casinos"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegas-shooter-200-reports-suspicious-activities-large-financial/story?id=50258986

They probably claim they meant "Shooter had 200 reports of (SAR+CTR)", but the way they incorrectly used the comma, by the rules of American English, it means "Shooter had 200 suspicious reports -- they are all CTRs"

APs and high rollers should not tolerate this abuse from ABC news. We should stand up and collectively sue the sht out of them for vicious slander.


Sue them for what?
How will you prove damages. Exactly how much is your monetary damage
ROTFL
Did you even read the article
In no way does it slam AP's
What are you smoking, and, do you have some more :-)

"In the last three years alone, more than 200 reports about Paddockâs activities, particularly large transactions at casinos, have been filed with law enforcement authorities, ABC News was told.
While some of the reports centered around "suspicious activity," most were "currency transaction reports," which casinos are required to file with the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network when a person withdraws or deposits more than $10,000 in cash.
The number of reports prompted by Paddock's activities reflects -- at the very least -- how routine it was for him to gamble with large sums of money. "
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 1682
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
October 3rd, 2017 at 6:26:15 PM permalink
I stopped at "failing ABC News" because I knew it wasn't going to be reasonable and logical in any way.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 3080
Thanks for this post from:
RomesDDB
October 3rd, 2017 at 6:30:31 PM permalink
I thought suing people who say meanie things was something people accuse liberal snowflakes of doing.
Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
October 3rd, 2017 at 9:11:07 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Did you even read the article
In no way does it slam AP's
What are you smoking, and, do you have some more :-)



No I didn't read the article the title alone got me angry enough.

It slams Anyone indirectly who receives a CTR which is obviously APs and High rollers, so no not directly but they are after criminalizing cash.

You want some tweek coffee?
Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
October 3rd, 2017 at 9:12:09 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I thought suing people who say meanie things was something people accuse liberal snowflakes of doing.



It's more than "mean", they are accusing anyone who receives CTR of being a mass killer
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
October 3rd, 2017 at 9:52:39 PM permalink
I saw nothing wrong with the article.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
October 3rd, 2017 at 11:22:26 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I saw nothing wrong with the article.



The title
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1789
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
October 4th, 2017 at 5:36:04 AM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

The title of this article makes me furious:

"Vegas shooter had 200+ reports of suspicious activities, large financial transactions in casinos"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vegas-shooter-200-reports-suspicious-activities-large-financial/story?id=50258986

They probably claim they meant "Shooter had 200 reports of (SAR+CTR)", but the way they incorrectly used the comma, by the rules of American English, it means "Shooter had 200 suspicious reports -- they are all CTRs"

Easy there, chief. Headlines have different grammar and syntax rules than the standard written word. Check out this headline writing guide published by KU in which it states:

Quote: Kansas University headline guide

The comma, in addition to its normal use, can take on the work of the word "and."

I believe it is clear that this is the case here. The headline writer meant to communicate the shooter had 200 reports of suspicious activities, and had large financial transactions.

Headlines are rarely written by the author of the article. Usually the editor reads the first paragraph or two and summarizes it with limited space (and often limited time). It may be that the headline writer did indeed have the intentions you attribute to him and wanted to smear high/rollers/AP's, but the more probable explanation is that he wrote this headline quickly, without much thought, and was oblivious to any ambiguities it might have conveyed.

Quote:

a linguistical ambiguity trick known as the Oxford comma

BTW, that comma is in no way an Oxford Comma. An Oxford comma only applies if there is a list of 3 or more items.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"

  • Jump to: