Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 24th, 2019 at 9:53:09 AM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Losing again after a 3 month stall. In 2018 I was 245 lbs. I hit 195 lbs on my 45th Birthday this May. Bounced back up to 202 by August. 190.0 this morning.

Maybe 20 to go. 5' 10".

What method of eating are you practicing?
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
MaxPen
August 24th, 2019 at 11:18:43 AM permalink
Easy answer if I don't care to engage conversation with the person asking - Keto.
Deeper answer - Carnivore (only animal products).
Actual answer - KetoAF (Keto Animal Foods with a 2:1 fat:protein ratio by grams)

I started carnivore in April 2018 at 245 lbs. Because of my insulin resistance and higher protein intake (225g a day), my ketones were always lower than nutritional ketosis (.5+ mmol) levels. I still lost weight but IMO it was slower than it could have been.

I've switched to KetoAF this month (and it broke my stall). It's still 100% carnivore, I just eat a ton of fat and cap my protein out. 240g fat, 120g protein, 0-5g carbs (whatever is in egg yolks and liver) per day.

Carnivore -
Blood Glucose
75-105 ng/dl, mornings, night, after meal averages. Highest reading in 2019 was 110 after a huge meal and 20oz of whole milk.
Ketones
.2 -.4 mmol/dl

KetoAF
Blood Glucose
65-95
Ketones
.5 - 2.5
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 24th, 2019 at 1:33:18 PM permalink
Well done.

I've been messing around with dry fasting. That is, no food no water (or other liquids). It's a lot less researched than normal fasting, so I can't recommend that others try it.

Some people do 72 hour dry fasts. It sounds miserable. I think it could be detrimental to your health. However, I'm comfortable doing 24 hour ones, up to 36 if I feel fine. I bail out if I don't feel right much more quickly than I would a wet fast.

If nothing else, I like meeting the challenge. It's actually not that hard if I'm properly prepared. Who knows how much I'm imagining, but I usually feel pretty good after completing one and rehydrating.

I'm also cycling in and out of keto. When I'm out, I eat a lot of fruit and drink smoothies and all of that kind of stuff. My "cheat" days are getting less and less bad. On the road I'll go nuts, but at home I find I don't even really want things like sugar and fried foods, particularly as I know I'll feel bad after.

Vegetable oil and sugar (except stuff like fruit) are the main things I'm avoiding at all times. Again, could be psychological. But when I do eat something with a lot of vegie oil, I at least think that I can feel it. On the other hand, this just occured to me. If someone asked me to eat a tablespoon of olive oil... no problem. We dip bread in it and stuff. It's good. butter? Yum. Eating straight up canola oil or something sounds... maybe not disgusting, but very unappealing. Maybe there's a reason for that.
vegas
vegas
August 24th, 2019 at 6:12:17 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Well done.

I've been messing around with dry fasting. That is, no food no water (or other liquids). It's a lot less researched than normal fasting, so I can't recommend that others try it.

Some people do 72 hour dry fasts. It sounds miserable. I think it could be detrimental to your health. However, I'm comfortable doing 24 hour ones, up to 36 if I feel fine. I bail out if I don't feel right much more quickly than I would a wet fast.

If nothing else, I like meeting the challenge. It's actually not that hard if I'm properly prepared. Who knows how much I'm imagining, but I usually feel pretty good after completing one and rehydrating.

I'm also cycling in and out of keto. When I'm out, I eat a lot of fruit and drink smoothies and all of that kind of stuff. My "cheat" days are getting less and less bad. On the road I'll go nuts, but at home I find I don't even really want things like sugar and fried foods, particularly as I know I'll feel bad after.

Vegetable oil and sugar (except stuff like fruit) are the main things I'm avoiding at all times. Again, could be psychological. But when I do eat something with a lot of vegie oil, I at least think that I can feel it. On the other hand, this just occured to me. If someone asked me to eat a tablespoon of olive oil... no problem. We dip bread in it and stuff. It's good. butter? Yum. Eating straight up canola oil or something sounds... maybe not disgusting, but very unappealing. Maybe there's a reason for that.

I understand the fasting but I don't understand the fasting without liquid. I do straight keto and eat one meal a day but lots of water. What is the reason or advantage of no fluids? I do 20 or less carbs a day until my weight gets too low then add carbs as needed. My blood pressure does get a bit low at time but is usually around 95/68
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
Jimmy2Times
August 24th, 2019 at 6:38:29 PM permalink
It's the same basic idea as fasting. When your body needs water, it will start breaking down cells, beginning with the most expendable or even detrimental cells. So the idea is that dry fasting just gets results faster and is more intense.

There are some MDs who have tried it and say a 24 hour one is safe. But all that really exists in the way of evidence is people trying it and describing their experiences.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 24th, 2019 at 7:30:19 PM permalink
I'd be a bit concerned about kidney damage.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 24th, 2019 at 8:46:55 PM permalink
Fats and oils: it is not just the ingredients but the ratios involved.

I would go easy on restricting fluids, particularly water. It used to be people would put a pebble in their mouth when crossing a desert, no need to do that sort of stuff to yourself voluntarily.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 30th, 2019 at 11:12:40 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'd be a bit concerned about kidney damage.

Yeah, me too, that's why I'm being cautious. I have seen at least a couple MDs doing it, but who knows, they could be the two dumbest MDs on earth.

However, I did a 48 hour dry fast. I felt fine the entire time. When I finished I just had a small meal with a can of seltzer and some kombucha or whatever it's called. Probably about 24 oz of fluid total.

From what I've read it's not clear that kombucha is really that good for you, but the watermelon flavored one is extremely tasty. $3 a pop though!

Anyway, I don't know if I was overhydrated or something when I started, but I was never really that thirsty. I only stopped because I was afraid of going too long.

I certainly looked leaner and felt good, but no miracles occurred. For example, my acne was the same as normal.

The hardest thing with all these fasts for me is just the empty space where there used to be something pleasurable, like your morning coffee. It's rare that I feel an intense physical need to eat or drink, but if I do I will. I got a pretty bad headache after just 18 hours of dry fasting a couple weeks ago and broke it. In that instance, I chugged down the liquid and it tasted like a golden shower from god. Breaking the 48 hour fast was completely unremarkable.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 31st, 2019 at 12:23:46 AM permalink

I chugged down the liquid and it tasted like a golden shower from god.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
OnceDearRigondeauxgamerfreak
August 31st, 2019 at 10:43:26 AM permalink
Haha.... came across this the other day...

Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
September 11th, 2019 at 3:51:24 PM permalink
Even if that's true, there are other factors like satiation.

Anyway, this was an interesting video. First off, this is two people so obviously it doesn't prove anything. Second off, I have seen some cool people interviewed on this channel, but also some whackos, so I am skeptical of them, but that's true of any v/blogger. Particularly if they sell stuff, as these people do.

However, fasting keto people get full body scans from an unbiased source. The results are striking.

Cliffs: The doctor says the lady is off the charts healthy, at least in terms of the things he can see in the scan such as muscle, fat and bone marrow. Her face doesn't look great IMO. She actually says herself that she's not totally happy with her looks. She feels great, but doesn't like looking less feminine due to being so lean and muscular.

Not a problem for us guys, obviously.

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 1st, 2019 at 4:07:29 PM permalink
I started making an effort to lose weight about a month ago, and I am down a solid 10 lbs.

The results are starting to become visible, especially around my face/neck., and my clothes feel a bit looser. And for years I suffered from terrible indigestion nearly every day, that has gone away almost completely.

I am also pooping significantly less, and those poops are far less violent, and far less offensive to anyone within nose-shot

I am not against any specific kind of low carb diet, keto, etc. I am just going to share what has seemed to be working so far for me. Personally, my failure rate for diets like keto that eliminate entire food groups have led to 100% failure. I am weak human and lack discipline in nearly every area of my life, and I need to have some leeway to indulge in pizza, burgers, sweets, etc when the craving arises.

So, I am doing straight up calorie restriction, combined with what I guess could be considered intermittent fasting, but I just call it skipping breakfast.

I'm using the app MyFitnessPal to track everything I eat. You enter your weight, activity level, and weight loss goal, and it calculates how many calories you should be consuming each day. For me, starting at 205lbs, low activity, with a loss goal of 1lb/week, my calorie target is 1800kcal/day.

Most of what I am eating is still absolute garbage. Fast food nearly every day, mostly for convenience sake. But it's measured amounts of garbage. Previously at Chik-Fil-A I would get a fried chicken sandwich, fries, a large sweet tea, and slather that b*tch with like 4 packets of mayo. Now that I am actually paying attention to and tracking what I eat, I realize how insane that was - nearly 1600 calories in one sitting. Now I order a grilled chicken sandwich, 1 mayo, diet coke, and a side salad with italian dressing - around 650 calories. It's entirely possible to eat a reasonable amount of calories at nearly any fast food restaurant.

At some point I want to improve the types of food I am eating, and add in some exercise. But for now, my goal is calorie restriction and nothing else.

My meal schedule is roughly the following:
Breakfast - Nothing
11:00 AM Lunch - Around 600-800 kcal
3:00 PM Snack - 100-200kcal and only if I am hungry, and ate a lower calorie lunch
7:00 PM Dinner - 1000-1200kcal

If I go over by 100-200kcal in a day, I don't beat myself up over it. If I go to a party over the weekend, have some beers, and go way over my 1800kcal limit, it's not a big deal as long as that doesn't happen more than once a week. It's a marathon, not a sprint. My goal is to lose around 40lbs by this time next year.

With that schedule, I really only find myself being hungry right before a meal, and I don't have any cravings because no food is off the table. Admittingly, adderall and nicotine gum help with that a bit. Which I am not recommending, both are highly addictive.

Personally, I've never been able to get hooked on anything except for laziness, soda, and processed melted cheese on carbs. I've been taking adderall and chewing nicotine gum for years, and regularly go cold turkey for a few weeks with no withdrawal. I've never smoked, the gum is just because nicotine just feels fantastic. Similar to caffeine but way better. I know it's a weird habit.

Anyway, that's where I am at. I'll post updates in this thread as I continue. We didn't need another weight loss thread, and I didn't want to hijack PG's failure ;)
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
October 1st, 2019 at 5:57:29 PM permalink
Cool man. Get er dun.

The main thing to remember is that all such things are long processes with many instances of 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Eventually, you will make more changes, such as starting to eat better food. But very few people just go from an unhealthy lifestyle to being triathletes who live off carrot juice. As you make one adjustment and see the results, you'll want to make more.

Fast food isn't really as convenient as you allow yourself to believe. I'm really into EvenBob's roasts now. You put foil in a pan. You throw some random crap in the pan. You put it in the oven. You eat it out of the pan, if you like. You throw the foil away. And it is really, really good. Crockpots are good too. You can make several meals with almost no effort. That's convenient.

However, If skipping breakfast is pretty easy for you, I'd build on that and go more into IF as your next step.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
October 1st, 2019 at 6:08:53 PM permalink

Fast food isn't really as convenient as you allow yourself to believe. I'm really into EvenBob's roasts now. You put foil in a pan. You throw some random crap in the pan. You put it in the oven. You eat it out of the pan, if you like. You throw the foil away. And it is really, really good. Crockpots are good too. You can make several meals with almost no effort. That's convenient.

Well, fast food and takeout isn’t 100% of my diet. I cook pretty much every night. I do Roasts, Instant Pot, slower cooker, lots of grilling etc.

But unfortunately I am currently a office drone and fast food is my lunchtime crux.

For whatever reason, I have been adverse to brown bag lunch/leftovers my whole life, but maybe I can get over that.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 1st, 2019 at 6:32:20 PM permalink
I am very fortunate. Not only have I never struggled with weight, I think I am mentally tough. If I set my mind to something I can usually do it.

Before my back surgery the doctor said he wouldn't do it unless I quit smoking. I did not have a cigarette for the five weeks before the surgery and I didn't use any substitutes. It was easy for me, I never had any craving. It works the same for me with eating. If I tell myself to lose 10 pounds I won't eat anything until I accomplish it.

I really can't empathize with people who struggle.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
October 1st, 2019 at 6:39:23 PM permalink
IDK if you guys got the Hispanic rotisserie chicken places like El Pollo Loco or Inca Express. That's really good. Especially if they have the aji sauce.

There are a lot of Asian dishes. Beef and broccoli, Kung pao, etc. Just avoid the fried and sugary ones.

You can also just break off a bit more money and eat some better take out. You'll get it back when you don't have to hire a door pusher througher in the future.

Some places, like Capriatis (sub shop) have really good salads with a lot of meat and cheese. Soups can be fine as well. A nice bowl of chili.

Even if you are not on keto, I'd avoid things with buns and white bread. And sugar in general, as well as fried foods.
picogram88
picogram88
  • Threads: 0
October 7th, 2019 at 5:21:32 PM permalink
This scanning tech is incredible. No more guessing, you get to stare at your insides. I believe it will help drive a revolution in nutrition. Meds will fall off as root causes are attacked via corrected nutrition.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
October 13th, 2019 at 2:34:37 PM permalink
This isn't ground breaking. More a confirmation of conventional wisdom.

Once you are in half decent shape, do harder exercises with fewer reps. I had kind of plateaued with push ups, for example. I started doing diamond push ups.

I can't do one armed, but I can put most of my weight on one arm.

Started seeing better results pretty quickly. I actually find it easier/less daunting to do a few hard reps.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
October 13th, 2019 at 5:17:31 PM permalink
I have done weight loss through excercise alone and excercise/diet.

I tried to find the most ROI per time, because we can't live like sheperds anymore walking all day. I was a supervisor on call during this period.

Routine:
I walk an inclined treadmill for 20-30 minutes. I'd choose the highest intensity that I can breathe through my nose. Which is more accurate than a heart rate monitor. Body burns more fat exercising during the morning. I drink coffee before I exercise. I also exercise during the evening to keep metabolism going. The aerobic exercise will also curb sweets and appetite in general.

For upper body, I do 20 reps of millitary dumbbell press, 20 bent dumbell rowing, 20 sissor leg rasies, 20 skydivers. It seem to have weight loss and strength gain. It was the only time in my life, I began to see a six pack. But i did this when I was monitoring my diet with fitness pal app, so I lost 55 pounds in one year.

If you find a hobby like mountain biking, it is easier to lose weight.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Oct 13, 2019
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
DRich
DRich
October 14th, 2019 at 7:30:06 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

If you find a hobby like mountain biking, it is easier to lose weight.

I have no exercised in 30 years but I would definitely try some downhill mountain biking.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
October 14th, 2019 at 10:33:42 AM permalink
I meant to say comfortably breathe through the nose to stay in the aerobic threshold. People overestimate the intensity to lose weight. Less is more.
rxwine
rxwine
October 17th, 2019 at 7:22:15 AM permalink
Saw a study that suggests weight loss later in life increases chances of cardiac death,

Just the stress of losing weight? I don’t know.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
October 17th, 2019 at 7:26:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Saw a study that suggests weight loss later in life increases chances of cardiac death,

Did McDonalds pay for the study?
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
October 17th, 2019 at 7:38:08 AM permalink
I was a jogger bicyclist for 19 years. I stopped for 3 years. Idk if i will jog again
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
October 17th, 2019 at 7:57:13 AM permalink

Could have to do with the heart being damaged already.

Could be Max is right.

If the million other risks posed by obesity are still mitigated, I wouldn't worry. It's like how people are occasionally saved by not wearing a seatbelt.
rxwine
rxwine
October 17th, 2019 at 8:03:34 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Did McDonalds pay for the study?

Ha. I wouldn’t make too much of it as yet. There’s still other variables that could account for a correlation.

Oftentimes people start serious weight loss after already suffering a health related issue, so they are already somewhat compromised.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 17th, 2019 at 8:05:13 AM permalink

I was a jogger bicyclist for 19 years. I stopped for 3 years. Idk if i will jog again

Heck, you can simply walk four miles a day and still get beneficial tissue oxygenation levels.
rxwine
rxwine
October 17th, 2019 at 8:07:33 AM permalink
I saw some celebrity chef just died at age 44 of clogged arteries.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
October 17th, 2019 at 8:42:59 AM permalink

I saw some celebrity chef just died at age 44 of clogged arteries.

That why it's probably a good thing to get lab work and such done at a minimum as one ages. Just so you have an idea where you stand.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 29th, 2019 at 5:12:59 AM permalink
I sure hope its true that celery is a 'negative calorie' food. I have been consuming it in hopes of losing weight or at the very least not gaining it. Food Bank provisions are not healthy or likely to take off pounds.
billryan
billryan
October 29th, 2019 at 7:53:18 AM permalink
Since moving to Bisbee, I've lost substantial weight. While I have yet to locate my scale, I 've had to buy a new belt and the 3XLT shirts that were tight before now swim on me. Between the lack of fast food, the fact the pizza in Bisbee sucks, and the stress of getting my new business off the ground,I wouldn't be surprised if I've broken the 330 barrier. I was complaining about being twenty miles from a supermarket until I visited Tombstone and found the only store in almost 50 miles is a gas station.
Last edited by: billryan on Oct 29, 2019
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 29th, 2019 at 9:03:56 AM permalink

What study was this? I tried to google but all I could come up with were studies showing weight loss is nothing but helpful. Not doubting you, just curious...
vegas
vegas
October 29th, 2019 at 11:00:46 AM permalink

Since moving to Bisbee, I've lost substantial weight. While I have yet to locate my scale, I 've had to buy a new belt and the 3XLT shirts that were tight before now swim on me. Between the lack of fast food, the fact the pizza in Bisbee sucks, and the stress of getting my new business off the ground,I wouldn't be surprised if I've broken the 330 barrier. I was complaining about being twenty miles from a supermarket until I visited Tombstone and found the only store in almost 50 miles is a gas station.

Population of Bisbee says 5 thousand plus. So 5 thousand people and no supermarket? Do people go shopping in Mexico?
Last edited by: OnceDear on Oct 29, 2019
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
rxwine
rxwine
October 29th, 2019 at 11:54:48 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

What study was this? I tried to google but all I could come up with were studies showing weight loss is nothing but helpful. Not doubting you, just curious...

I keep putting off learning how to post links from IPad. So every timeI I see a story with it, I don’t have a link.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 29th, 2019 at 1:43:17 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Population of Bisbee says 5 thousand plus. So 5 thousand people and no supermarket? Do people go shopping in Mexico?

Bisbee has a Safeway and something called Mimosa Market which looks like a smaller grocery store. They also have a Dollar General, and those all have a few aisles of food.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
TigerWu
October 29th, 2019 at 5:57:37 PM permalink
The Safeway is near the southwest city limits. I'm in a non-incorporated section northeast of the town. It's 19.7 miles to it. Monday Market is the type of place that you order a goat cheese and spinach sandwich and prices are pretty high. It's closer to go to the Wal-Mart in Douglas, but I've yet to go there.That's about 16 miles. One of my workers lives less than a mile away as the crow.flies but it's almost three by car.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
Thanked by
MaxPen
October 29th, 2019 at 8:39:46 PM permalink

They also have a Dollar General, and those all have a few aisles of food.

Using a very broad definition of the word “food”
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
October 30th, 2019 at 7:01:14 AM permalink

Bill, not wanting to hijack, but did you ever make a post about why and how you chose to move to Bisbee? If so, could you link?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
October 30th, 2019 at 7:15:42 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Bill, not wanting to hijack, but did you ever make a post about why and how you chose to move to Bisbee? If so, could you link?

I was also going to ask this. By the sound of many of his posts I think he may be starting a cult.
billryan
billryan
October 30th, 2019 at 7:58:53 AM permalink
I wish I knew. Came for a weekend, was disappointed and a week later was back negotiating the purchase of my building. Price was certainly a.consideration. I paid $160K for a building that would run a half million or.more in Vegas. Like many Bisbeeans I've talked to, something draws people here. Climate is great, you can buy a house for under 100K and its got a very quirky feel to it. It's where hippies and bohemians go to die. Many people say the copper and turquoise are spiritual conduits to something unexplainable. I don't know about all of that but I do know something compelled me to come and to stay. I do believe I'm well into developing a business that I will be able to turn a very very nice profit on in a very short time. If it falls flat on its face, I have a paid off building to live in with an all in nut of less than $500 a month, that I can convert into three one bedroom apartments. One for.myself and two to rent out. Or I can squeeze a fourth rental unit out of it and live elsewhere.
I went to Vegas to open a business, but the numbers simply didn't work. Not to open a business or to buy property.
Meanwhile I was burning through two grand a month on an apartment and three storage units.
I liked Vegas but I was going nowhere fast. It was time for a.change.
Bisbee- we are all here because we aren't all there.
Yesterday, I got an unexpected delivery of a.replacement seven foot showcase. I was there by myself and had no idea how two people( the driver and I)were going to maneuver it down the alley and into the area I wanted to put it.A guy walking down the street asked if he could help. Then a guy driving by stopped and offered to help. In Vegas, that would almost be a miracle. In Bisbee, that's a Tuesday.
Most people will scoff at this. A few will get it.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
November 30th, 2019 at 12:31:18 AM permalink
I notice that most people won't stop for anyone stranded on the road.

I would but I'm too busy. I usually have something to do.

I once saw a pretty girl changing her tire on the highway and no one would stop.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
November 30th, 2019 at 1:46:58 AM permalink
Girl to Cops: I fileted his liver because he insulted me by implying I didn't know how to do the job myself.
Cops to Girl: So why is he all sweaty and grimy?
Girl: Well, I might as well let him do the work and then kill him!
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 30th, 2019 at 8:16:40 AM permalink

I notice that most people won't stop for anyone stranded on the road.

I've stopped a few times. Usually it's to help push somebody who got stuck in the snow. I stopped and helped a guy a couple months ago and he seemed kind of weirded out by it.

I love stopping to help people, but usually can't because I have to be somewhere.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
November 30th, 2019 at 12:41:16 PM permalink

I've stopped a few times. Usually it's to help push somebody who got stuck in the snow. I stopped and helped a guy a couple months ago and he seemed kind of weirded out by it.

I love stopping to help people, but usually can't because I have to be somewhere.

Just be careful at night. In isolated areas, it can be a trap. Mugging. Or worse.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
January 4th, 2020 at 1:17:55 PM permalink
https://medium.com/lifeomic/why-your-gut-microbes-love-intermittent-fasting-5716948281a3

Interesting science driven article on fasting, sleep aging and your gut.

We have like 100 trillion microbes in or gut. Wrap your head around that!

Anyway, even very short girlie fasts do a lot of good.

They say it's best not to eat at night which is a bummer. I really love picking something up on the way home and eating it in bed with a little TV right before sleep. I guess that's fairly bad.
TigerWu
TigerWu
January 4th, 2020 at 3:04:28 PM permalink

Just be careful at night. In isolated areas, it can be a trap. Mugging. Or worse.

I've only stopped in very busy areas during the day. Major roads, shopping districts, etc.

They say it's best not to eat at night which is a bummer. I really love picking something up on the way home and eating it in bed with a little TV right before sleep. I guess that's fairly bad.

Eating a snack right before bed is fine. I've been doing it for decades.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
January 4th, 2020 at 3:14:15 PM permalink
Supposedly it's bad for your circadian rhythms. Mine are messed up anyway but still...
MaxxMQ
MaxxMQ
  • Threads: 0
January 6th, 2020 at 7:32:53 AM permalink
I would definitely try spending hours in the gym.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
January 6th, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM permalink

Who was it that said "The goal of life is to help people." or something similar? I failed pretty big a month ago. About 1am, driving from a casino, flush with cash, in the arctic countryside of WI, about 1 degree and windy out, someone was flagging me down and not wearing winter gear. Speeding, immediate full power goosebumps, I cruised on by out of fear. Why couldn't I think to call a cop immediately? Guess I'm just too used to thinking that they're the bad guys or something. I know better. Turned out there was a village a couple minutes drive from there at least. But that person may have died because I didn't stop. My reaction (or lack of a reaction) still bugs me.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
January 6th, 2020 at 7:50:44 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Who was it that said "The goal of life is to help people." or something similar? I failed pretty big a month ago. About 1am, driving from a casino, flush with cash, in the arctic countryside of WI, about 1 degree and windy out, someone was flagging me down and not wearing winter gear. Speeding, immediate full power goosebumps, I cruised on by out of fear. Why couldn't I think to call a cop immediately? Guess I'm just too used to thinking that they're the bad guys or something. I know better. Turned out there was a village a couple minutes drive from there at least. But that person may have died because I didn't stop. My reaction (or lack of a reaction) still bugs me.

It could have been a trap. Probably had a jacket on the side of the road.
  • Jump to: