Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 15th, 2017 at 5:34:54 PM permalink
Somewhere Rand Paul is smiling. He is the only one that has this right, let it fail and let the American people decide if Trump or Obama is to blame.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 17th, 2017 at 2:03:34 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'm assuming this means the Senate can't vote on TrumpCare this week? McCain's vote is needed.

Man, I wish Americans could get high quality healthcare like the healthcare their representatives have! #Truth #Sad #NeverGonnaHappen #NeverGonnaGiveYouUpNeverGonnaLetYouDownNeverGonnaRunAroundOrDesertYou
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 17th, 2017 at 5:17:31 PM permalink
Join the Services and you'll get the same health care every other Veteran gets.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
July 17th, 2017 at 6:26:11 PM permalink
It's only money: Oh wait. It's more than that
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/17/jeff-sessions-wants-police-to-take-more-cash-from-american-citizens/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_sessions-seizures-340pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.f7f9f5b038c2
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 17th, 2017 at 7:15:23 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

It's only money: Oh wait. It's more than that
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/07/17/jeff-sessions-wants-police-to-take-more-cash-from-american-citizens/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_sessions-seizures-340pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.f7f9f5b038c2

I'm surprised this gets any support from the left or the right.

Well, it's only advertised for drug traffickers. But some police departments just don't stay within those parameters.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 18th, 2017 at 2:45:44 PM permalink
Just been revealed there was another Russian at that Trump Jr meeting.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 18th, 2017 at 2:58:07 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Just been revealed there was another Russian at that Trump Jr meeting.

I'm sure it was taped and Putin has the recordings
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 18th, 2017 at 6:12:34 PM permalink

I'm hoping he's wrong, as he usually is...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 263
July 18th, 2017 at 6:15:37 PM permalink
1) Isn't it clear that PUTIN and the KGB or whatever it is called now wanted to get a reading on the level of ethics inside the Trump campaign and organization through the Trump Jr meeting ? I think they got their answer. LOUD and CLEAR. Full speed ahead on the orchestrated program to interfere with our election process.

2) I don't care for hypocrisy. Can you imagine the vortex of hot air that would be spewing out of Trump's piehole if he had lost the election AND IF the Clinton campaign had done 1/10th of any one of the numerous questionable and unethical situations that the entire Trump organization has done ? In the race to the bottom, Trump is well out in front and taking our country with him.
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Jul 18, 2017
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 18th, 2017 at 6:17:37 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm sure it was taped and Putin has the recordings

Yep, or at least a full transcript from the attendees.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
rxwine
rxwine
July 18th, 2017 at 6:27:24 PM permalink
So it turns out Trump also had a 1 hour meeting with Putin and Putin's Russian translator. No other Americans listening or recording.

So, basically we have a conversation that is not even recorded for all the private record keeping, and documentation AND VIRTUALLY NO POSSIBILITY OF REVIEW BY ANYONE.

I totally understand the dialogue not being released for public consumptions due to sensitive subject matter, but the absence of any record???

How is that any better than Hillary deleting her records?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 18th, 2017 at 7:00:56 PM permalink
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/note-trump-reaches-low-ignore/story?id=48676351

Summer slide: A new ABC News-Washington Post poll shows Trump's six-month approval rating at 36 percent, the lowest of any president at this point in 70 years.

More to the meeting … At least eight people were in the room for Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, CNN reports. That's four more than he originally said were there. And 63 percent of Americans say it was inappropriate for the younger Trump to take that meeting, according to the ABC-Post poll.

And on and on and on it goes.....
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 19th, 2017 at 7:56:22 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

So it turns out Trump also had a 1 hour meeting with Putin and Putin's Russian translator. No other Americans listening or recording.

So, basically we have a conversation that is not even recorded for all the private record keeping, and documentation AND VIRTUALLY NO POSSIBILITY OF REVIEW BY ANYONE.

Is that abnormal for a President to do? I mean, is every single word a President says for 24/7/365 being overheard by some kind of witness or record keeper? I've never really thought about that before...
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 19th, 2017 at 8:19:57 AM permalink
Meetings between world leaders are usually carefully arranged, even those meetings at world conferences. The G20 dinner is much more about show than substance. Protocol was broken when the the US side did not bring an interpreter meaning (1) Trump had to rely on the Russian interpreter (2) there is no account of the meeting from the American side.

Don't worry, I am sure it was about nothing spectacular. Categories for double jeopardy: Miss Universe, golf courses, shuch-money, dachas, potent potables, and "Erkle."
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rxwine
rxwine
July 19th, 2017 at 8:54:03 AM permalink

Is that abnormal for a President to do? I mean, is every single word a President says for 24/7/365 being overheard by some kind of witness or record keeper? I've never really thought about that before...

Well, part of my point is, Hillary and anyone else, just stays out of trouble by not keeping any records of State business where they plan any funny business. Now if that isn't a giant freakin' loophole to the whole, records being deleted, I don't know what it is.

Why bother accusing anyone of compromising anything? Just don't let anyone keep any records..

And like I said, even sensitive information should be recorded archivally even if it can't be made public. And uh, it's the kind of stuff someone might later want to subpoena. There's a little investigation going on... related.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 19th, 2017 at 8:54:13 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Meetings between world leaders are usually carefully arranged, even those meetings at world conferences. The G20 dinner is much more about show than substance. Protocol was broken when the the US side did not bring an interpreter meaning (1) Trump had to rely on the Russian interpreter (2) there is no account of the meeting from the American side.

Don't worry, I am sure it was about nothing spectacular. Categories for double jeopardy: Miss Universe, golf courses, shuch-money, dachas, potent potables, and "Erkle."

What an idiot move. Putin is playing chess, and Trump is playing the fool. How does he know what their translator said HE said? What was he asked and what did he give? We already know Trump.is willing to disclose top secret info to Russians to ingratiate himself to them /feed his ego.

Can't tell me one of the two didn't have a recorder going.

Also can't tell me at this point that the hookers/urine thing didn't happen.

The smoking gun on what Trump is doing with the Russians HAS to be in his tax returns. This is all about his companies and what he can do for the Russian oligarchs, at our expense. So he won't release them voluntarily. But Muller has subpoena power; I bet he already has them. At least I hope he does. Even if Trump won't give them up, the IRS has them, too, and they're not beyond Muller ' s scope.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 19th, 2017 at 8:58:03 AM permalink
I also find it hard to believe Tillerson is willing to endure the c#/kblockung humiliation. Only thing I can figure is he's hanging on trying to get the Exxon-RusskiOil thing unsanctuoned. It's only 500 Billion, after all.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 19th, 2017 at 9:04:00 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I also find it hard to believe Tillerson is willing to endure the c#/kblockung humiliation. Only thing I can figure is he's hanging on trying to get the Exxon-RusskiOil thing unsanctuoned. It's only 500 Billion, after all.

No one is worried about their reputation. This administration is purely after a cash grab. Those involved are willing to destroy their reputation if they can avoid criminal prosecution and come out a little wealthier on the other side.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 19th, 2017 at 9:47:21 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

No one is worried about their reputation. This administration is purely after a cash grab. Those involved are willing to destroy their reputation if they can avoid criminal prosecution and come out a little wealthier on the other side.

The whole freaking mob should have all their assets seized as 'proceeds of crime'
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Romes
Romes
July 19th, 2017 at 11:27:52 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Oh they're worried about it, but it's not top priority. You can look as bad as you want for 4 years while getting all the millions and billions in cash. Then, over the next 20-30 years you can do charity events, donations, etc, etc, etc to try to get your reputation popular, while still having all of your cash (win win).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ams288
ams288
July 19th, 2017 at 5:31:23 PM permalink
Mayo Clinic says John McCain has a "brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot."

Same kind of brain cancer Beau Biden and Ted Kennedy had...
Boz
Boz
July 19th, 2017 at 5:34:44 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Mayo Clinic says John McCain has a "brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot."

Same kind of brain cancer Beau Biden and Ted Kennedy had...

So I guess they need to roll him out and get a vote done before he dies like the Dems did with the old KKK Member from WV.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 19th, 2017 at 9:21:54 PM permalink
<redacted because people would have a hissy fit>
ams288
ams288
July 20th, 2017 at 3:55:04 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

So I guess they need to roll him out and get a vote done before he dies like the Dems did with the old KKK Member from WV.

You can bet that that is Mitch McConnel's plan....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 20th, 2017 at 4:24:00 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Won't the replacement be a Republican just appointed? And likely more Right than McCain?
Boz
Boz
July 20th, 2017 at 7:30:09 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Won't the replacement be a Republican just appointed? And likely more Right than McCain?

Yes but there will be a special election and AZ isn't all GOP anymore and you know this will be the most expensive Senate race in history. The Dems will try to make it about Trump and there is a good chance they could take the seat in a the Special.
ams288
ams288
July 20th, 2017 at 2:12:58 PM permalink
Brutal.

billryan
billryan
July 20th, 2017 at 3:02:15 PM permalink
I wonder if he'll stay in Washington until the Health Bill passes.
Somehow I doubt it.
He hasn't been in Trump Tower in months, his wife and kids are gone, but the US military is paying $130,000 plus a month to rent a command center there.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-militarys-space-in-trump-tower-costs-130-000-a-month-1500428508
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 21st, 2017 at 8:32:59 AM permalink
Multiple news outlets are reporting, but the White House is denying, that Trump has asked his lawyers if he can legally pardon himself.

I'm inclined to think that the story is bogus, but it certainly sounds like something Trump would do.
  • Threads: 31
July 21st, 2017 at 8:50:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I wonder if he'll stay in Washington until the Health Bill passes.
Somehow I doubt it.
He hasn't been in Trump Tower in months, his wife and kids are gone, but the US military is paying $130,000 plus a month to rent a command center there.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-militarys-space-in-trump-tower-costs-130-000-a-month-1500428508

That's is a real conflict of interest. The racist, rapist, sexist, scam-artist, and con-artist Trump can avoid all this conflict-of-interest. His apparent violation of U.S. Constitution's Emulation Clause is troublesome, and he should sell some of his hotel & condom (sp?) properties to others ...

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/questions-and-answers/advice/29052-who-should-pay-the-tip/30/
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 21st, 2017 at 9:12:01 AM permalink
Sean Spicer resigns, leaving the White House with absolutely zero credibility.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 21st, 2017 at 9:16:36 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Not surprising... he acted like he didn't want to be there almost from day one. He's probably gittin' while the gittin's still good...
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2017 at 10:22:46 AM permalink
August in Washington makes anyone wonder what they are doing. When people try to put our Founders on pedestals, like they were infallible gods or something, I point out that these geniuses decided to put our capital in a hellhole of a swamp. Maybe there intention was that Congress and the government shut down for the summer.
rxwine
rxwine
July 21st, 2017 at 10:47:24 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

It's a tough job working as a pinball.
billryan
billryan
July 21st, 2017 at 2:12:56 PM permalink
I've been a political junkie since 1972, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever stand at the WH podium and speak of the love they have for the President, or that the American people love their president as much as they do.
This guy, when asked about Trumps claim that millions of people illegally voted, instead of saying it was rhetoric or something implied that when Trump says something ,he knows more than everyone else.
A piss poor beginning for a person who seems completely ill-suited for his job. Guess he'll fit right in.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 21st, 2017 at 2:20:44 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been a political junkie since 1972, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever stand at the WH podium and speak of the love they have for the President, or that the American people love their president as much as they do.
This guy, when asked about Trumps claim that millions of people illegally voted, instead of saying it was rhetoric or something implied that when Trump says something ,he knows more than everyone else.
A piss poor beginning for a person who seems completely ill-suited for his job. Guess he'll fit right in.

Same here. 2 things of note: Spicer, despite widespread humiliation and mockery, hung in there until this guy was named as his boss. I think that's a pretty compelling thumbs -down.

Second, the deal he cut gives him direct access to Trump, taking the WHCD out of the Priebus (COS) chain of command, first time ever. Priebus didn't want him hired, so THAT'S the answer they came up with.

I'd guess duck and cover will be in order very soon. Yikes.
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 21st, 2017 at 8:46:01 PM permalink
So Jeff Sessions discussed the campaign with the Russians back in 2016. tick tick tick
rxwine
rxwine
July 21st, 2017 at 10:13:44 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Same Priebus didn't want him hired, so THAT'S the answer they came up with.

Despite selling their souls to Trump, I think many Republicans like Priebus are still trying manage their erratic leader. The more sycophants and loyalists Trump gets around himself, the less able they are to do so.

Trump likes solving problems by digging himself in a hole deeper and deeper, As long as the rest of us don't slide in with him, I guess we will survive.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 22nd, 2017 at 3:22:57 AM permalink

Trump likes solving problems by digging himself in a hole deeper and deeper, As long as the rest of us don't slide in with him, I guess we will survive.

Except trumpy places zero value on anything that he doesn't personally have a stake in. He'd not hesitate for one second to cause riots or wars if it would buy him one more second of influence. He must be getting close to the time of considering actual assassinations of his enemies. Maybe that was what he was seeking Putin's advise on?
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 22nd, 2017 at 8:52:54 AM permalink
Is anyone taking bets on when trumpy will act to fire or completely stymie Bob Mueller?

I'm thinking it will be Friday 28th when trumpy declares that the whole Russia Hoax investigation has been diverted into an investigation of the 'Democrats real Russia Collusion Scandal' and that Bob has been stood down to be replaced by his own quango to be coordinated by his own appointee.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 22nd, 2017 at 9:38:28 AM permalink
"So many people are asking why isn't the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes. 33,000 e-mails deleted?" -- Donald Trump, July 22, 2017

Hillary lost, Donald... get over it. How about you get off of Twitter and do your god damn job?
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 22nd, 2017 at 9:55:01 AM permalink

"So many people are asking why isn't the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes. 33,000 e-mails deleted?" -- Donald Trump, July 22, 2017

Hillary lost, Donald... get over it. How about you get off of Twitter and do your god damn job?

It's just breaking the ground on his classic deflect/project tactic. Boring really.
E.g. blaming Obama for letting that Russian lawyer be in the country. Investigate Obama.
Whatever treasonous crime he's rightly accused of, lash out that one of his opponents did it worse. Irrelevant who he puts in the crosshairs, so long as it's not him.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
July 22nd, 2017 at 10:27:09 AM permalink

As far as I know, at any time Trump can ask the AG to look at or to appoint a SC to look at HC. He made a campaign promise to do just that.
rxwine
rxwine
July 22nd, 2017 at 11:01:18 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

As far as I know, at any time Trump can ask the AG to look at or to appoint a SC to look at HC. He made a campaign promise to do just that.

I expect to hear that excuse one day. "I never prosecuted Hillary, so why me?"

However, I expect at worse his term to end like Nixon. The Republicans will convince him to resign. Tell him he can make any silly speech full of excuses that he likes (which he would anyway) and then he'll resign with the promise Pence will eventually pardon him. And that will be it.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 22nd, 2017 at 11:30:58 AM permalink

However, I expect at worse his term to end like Nixon. The Republicans will convince him to resign.

I don't think his ego will let him resign, and Republicans know that, so they won't press the issue. My prediction is they will simply not re-nominate him for 2020, citing too much scandal. This will allow Trump to escape with his ego intact, which is what I think he has wanted to do since day one, and HIS excuse will be, "I accomplished everything I set out to do in one term, so I don't need to run for a second."
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 27th, 2017 at 11:29:45 AM permalink
And today the chief executive of the Boy Scouts issued an apology to those upset about the political rhetoric injected into the jamboree. I'm guessing Trumpee will never be invited back.
billryan
billryan
July 27th, 2017 at 11:59:15 AM permalink

I don't think his ego will let him resign, and Republicans know that, so they won't press the issue. My prediction is they will simply not re-nominate him for 2020, citing too much scandal. This will allow Trump to escape with his ego intact, which is what I think he has wanted to do since day one, and HIS excuse will be, "I accomplished everything I set out to do in one term, so I don't need to run for a second."

They did everything they could not to nominate him last time around. He's the peoples champion. Just like his soulmate, PT Barnum.
rxwine
rxwine
July 27th, 2017 at 12:54:00 PM permalink
Quote:

— The U.S. Pacific Fleet commander said on Thursday he would launch a nuclear strike against China next week if President Donald Trump ordered it,

And that's what he is supposed to do.

But sure wish it would make people think twice about electing someone with a personality like Trumps.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-admiral-stands-ready-to-obey-a-trump-nuclear-strike-order/ar-AAoTgC5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
July 27th, 2017 at 1:35:52 PM permalink

And that's what he is supposed to do.

But sure wish it would make people think twice about electing someone with a personality like Trumps.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-admiral-stands-ready-to-obey-a-trump-nuclear-strike-order/ar-AAoTgC5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Shudder.

My personal worst nightmare, out of my many objections to Trump.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
July 27th, 2017 at 5:50:33 PM permalink
Is there anyone who thinks that trump won't be judged, and very quickly, as the worst president in American history ?
  • Jump to: