Thread Rating:

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
June 30th, 2017 at 1:40:17 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why would 4,000 panels laid out in a line be anymore costly than in a 40x100 rectangle?
Besides, Mejico will be paying for them.

Why would it take you longer to lay 2300 little wooden dominoes end to end and glue them together at the short edge than it would to mount 1 piece of 8ft by 2ft mdf ( similar total area) on your garage roof. Which solution would be most fragile?
Same principle applies. panels need cabling together, 2000 miles of panels would have millions of connections. Each connection, each panel, is a liability. It's one thing having a massive rectangular 'field' full of panels, where the maintenance team can literal see the whole lot from their site office and be within a short bike ride of any fault. Pity the guys who have to maintain your wall mounted panels.

Oh, and wouldn't it be amusing to take a cherry picker, some ladders and some scaffolding to repair a fault at a very remote location and to then get that climbing equipment hijacked from the Mexican side. The whole concept gets worse the more practical consideration it's given.
Anyhow: Isn't going to happen. donald said it would and that's proof enough for me.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 30th, 2017 at 6:18:58 PM permalink
Quote:

The vice chair of President Trump’s commission on election integrity hit back at states that have announced they won’t comply with a request from the commission for voters data, asking Friday, "What are they trying to hide?”

Har har har, I'll be glad to send him my own data if Trump releases his tax returns. We'll see who is really hiding something.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340332-kobach-on-states-refusing-to-hand-over-voter-data-what-are-they
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 30th, 2017 at 7:20:20 PM permalink
I believe they are hiding voting data and privacy data which is state law. Can't have it both ways - let the states decide everything until it inconveniences you. Of course, Trumpers who are all over Dems when they step into your life will have no problem with this request.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 2nd, 2017 at 12:01:03 PM permalink
Due to a contingent of hardliners of the party of No, looks like not working out a deal with other Republicans will leave those more moderate Republicans working out a deal to fix health care with Democrats essentially leaving the "No" republicans with total FAIL.

Nice calculating there guys. Best idea you had since shutting down the government to get nothing.

The only choice the hardliners had is to convince the moderates, because they don't have another option. Moderates always had another option.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 2nd, 2017 at 12:34:32 PM permalink
Not to open the bag of worms on single-payer, but I see why this will never happen. There is too much money being made by doctors (sorry Soopoo), hospitals, pharma, medical supplies, and the insurance industry. If the government decided immediately (even at the state level) to take over health care and declare that insurance companies are no longer allowed to do business for public health (expect to provide coverage beyond basic care), that doctors must bill at Medicare/Medicaid rates, that pharmaceuticals must bargain with states to set prices, and medical supply providers can only charge negotiated rates, you will see industries collapse.

Single payer works in most countries (to varying degrees) protecting everyone through charging taxes and very low user fees. It is the only way that it works. Two tier medicine is possible where you can go to a private institution for immediate or advanced care, and in Canada, for example, workers who are hurt at the workplace get this special treatment because the government is paying the wages of the worker via Worker's compensation insurance.

In the United States, an immediate shift to single payer would increase taxes immediately (probably by about 7K/year for the average taxpayer) until the effort to reduce costs takes effect. Corporations would not longer be liable for providing health insurance and could use those massive savings to become more competitive, to reduce costs, and to pay workers more in lieu of health care. (you raise minimum wage accordingly).

It is of course doable but would be a mammoth undertaking. This is why the health care debate is a boondoggle. The best case scenario is to offer health care to all when you don't have coverage and base the amount you pay based on income and gap it with tax increases on the rich. It is imperative to put controls on profiteering by the various medical industries to keep prices in check. If the government can do it via price controls for its agricultural goods, it can do the same in health care.

And on a more serious note, the President of the Most Powerful country in the world releases a video of the president beating up CNN. Really? REALLY? F*!@)@#!.
Most juvenile ass***e ever.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 3rd, 2017 at 8:56:49 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

If the government decided immediately (even at the state level) to take over health care and declare that insurance companies are no longer allowed to do business for public health (expect to provide coverage beyond basic care), that doctors must bill at Medicare/Medicaid rates, that pharmaceuticals must bargain with states to set prices, and medical supply providers can only charge negotiated rates, you will see industries collapse.

Unless I am misunderstanding the repercussions, I would have no sympathy for said industries.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 5th, 2017 at 12:30:13 AM permalink
Just saw this video which I thought was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XHEDf8hPMQ

TigerWu
TigerWu
July 5th, 2017 at 8:08:15 AM permalink
Haha.... I just saw that NPR Tweeted the Declaration of Independence in honor of July 4th, and a bunch of people thought NPR was trying to incite rebellion and overthrow of the Trump administration....
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 5th, 2017 at 8:42:33 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Haha.... I just saw that NPR Tweeted the Declaration of Independence in honor of July 4th, and a bunch of people thought NPR was trying to incite rebellion and overthrow of the Trump administration....

People are just not smart. And always looking to be offended by something.... there are "snowflakes" on all sides.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
July 5th, 2017 at 9:27:01 AM permalink

There are morons on both sides of the political parties. But what sets this particular group up as complete morons is their lack of comprehension. It is the basis for being a Gullible. You must not be able to comprehend, or discern, or in other words think on your own. It is a requisite for being Gullible.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
July 5th, 2017 at 9:45:37 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

There are morons on both sides of the political parties. But what sets this particular group up as complete morons is their lack of comprehension. It is the basis for being a Gullible. You must not be able to comprehend, or discern, or in other words think on your own. It is a requisite for being Gullible.

So earlier in this forum you proved your lack of comprehension. Based on your above post can we now refer to you as a "complete moron" and "gullible"?
steeldco
steeldco
July 5th, 2017 at 11:56:11 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

So earlier in this forum you proved your lack of comprehension. Based on your above post can we now refer to you as a "complete moron" and "gullible"?

Well said by someone with long blinders and a narrow little mind. Spoken by a true Gullible just blindly following his leader by completely disregarding the idiocy that was shown by those posts regarding the Constitution. A true legend in your own mind.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 5th, 2017 at 11:59:52 AM permalink
So Trump pulls up in our Jet, walks down the stairs, walks past the big black limo sitting at the bottom of it and then wonders where his car is?

For future reference, it's generally the one with the Presidential Seal on the side, and the Presidential Flag on the front.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-limousine-631880
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
July 5th, 2017 at 12:14:10 PM permalink

Well said by someone with long blinders and a narrow little mind. Spoken by a true Gullible just blindly following his leader by completely disregarding the idiocy that was shown by those posts regarding the Constitution. A true legend in your own mind.

There it is again.

A reply that makes zero sense.

What does any of this have to do with my reply or are you just being a gullible complete moron?
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 5th, 2017 at 12:24:14 PM permalink

So Trump pulls up in our Jet, walks down the stairs, walks past the big black limo sitting at the bottom of it and then wonders where his car is?

For future reference, it's generally the one with the Presidential Seal on the side, and the Presidential Flag on the front.

Thanks for that. What a twonk!
Lucky he doesn't have to be careful in his day job.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 5th, 2017 at 12:26:30 PM permalink
So this thread is titled "Trump's Final 100 days." This Friday (July 7) is the halfway point. Who here honestly thinks Trump will be gone in the next 50 days? Haha... I don't. Get used to it, guys... we've got 3 1/2 more years of him. I don't think he gets re-elected, though.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
ams288
July 5th, 2017 at 12:28:02 PM permalink

So this thread is titled "Trump's Final 100 days." This Friday (July 7) is the halfway point. Who here honestly thinks Trump will be gone in the next 50 days? Haha... I don't. Get used to it, guys... we've got 3 1/2 more years of him. I don't think he gets re-elected, though.

The way he's going with international relations, none of us will be here in 50 days.
ams288
ams288
July 5th, 2017 at 12:28:10 PM permalink

As much as I dislike him, I'm also on the record saying I think he will complete his first term.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
July 5th, 2017 at 12:32:13 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

The way he's going with international relations, none of us will be here in 50 days.

Does that mean you are giving away all your worldly possessions chicken little?
steeldco
steeldco
July 5th, 2017 at 12:37:46 PM permalink

There it is again.

A reply that makes zero sense.

What does any of this have to do with my reply or are you just being a gullible complete moron?

Like I have been saying all along, Gullibles lack comprehension. They need to be lead around by the nose. Sheep, to say the least. Deny all the negatives. There is no defense in even trying to defend those idiotic posts regarding the Constitution. NONE.

This pretty much is your profile.

BTW, get your self a rain coat for all of those Trumpy's "showers" being rained down on the Gullibles. They're not ending anytime soon. But they will.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 5th, 2017 at 12:37:52 PM permalink

Does that mean you are giving away all your worldly possessions chicken little?

That feels like a personal insult my homeless friend.
OnceDear
OnceDear
July 5th, 2017 at 12:40:35 PM permalink
http://www.worldstory.net/en/stories/chicken_little.html

That brings back memories. My very first book.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 5th, 2017 at 12:40:52 PM permalink

Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 5th, 2017 at 12:41:47 PM permalink

Personal insult. Three-day suspension.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
July 5th, 2017 at 6:13:27 PM permalink

Is that an extra, higher handrail installed next to the airstairs?
billryan
billryan
July 5th, 2017 at 6:23:48 PM permalink
I don't know. Maybe they had to make it thinner to fit his tiny hands.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 5th, 2017 at 9:55:50 PM permalink
With respect to us not being here in 50 days, I don't think that is the case. The rhetoric with North Korea seems dangerous and the meeting with Russia will be interesting. If anything, the world might need Russia to keep US aggression at bay, and perhaps Trump's man-crush on Vlad and his desperation to be a despot like him might keep his power in check.

The North's only end-game is a nuclear war with the only reliable target being South Korea, which would invite the US to nuke it into oblivion. While China and Russia might denounce that move, if the North twitches first, they would not retaliate.

But each move that the north is making is moving them away from a diplomatic détente where they can trade good behavior for relief. I sense the situation veomcing more desparate, and that's a good thing.

Meanwhile, of far more importance is the removal of ISIL from Mosul. If Raqqa can be liberated that would be the end of the caliphate and should end ISIL, which would be a great win that Trump could take credit for.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
July 6th, 2017 at 7:54:02 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Meanwhile, of far more importance is the removal of ISIL from Mosul. If Raqqa can be liberated that would be the end of the caliphate and should end ISIL, which would be a great win that Trump could take credit for.

but doesn't deserve to take credit for, since the effort began long before Trump took power. Don't forget the Phillipines... they aren't done yet.
ams288
ams288
July 7th, 2017 at 4:57:52 AM permalink
Now we know why Mike Pence isn't allowed to be alone in a room with women who aren't his wife....

ams288
ams288
Thanked by
OnceDear
July 8th, 2017 at 8:09:32 PM permalink
THIS. Effing brilliant.

rsactuary
rsactuary
July 8th, 2017 at 8:30:52 PM permalink
^ I agree... sums it up perfectly.
boymimbo
boymimbo
July 9th, 2017 at 6:48:21 PM permalink
I think the last statements are appropriate. Trump wants to run the country like Putin and Jinping does - as authoritarian states. Government doesn't work that way in the United States. Executive orders, unvetted through lawyers, have been struck down. Other orders are just ideas.

That said, his voters wanted isolationism - better trade deals through tariffs and incentives to American workers. The G-20 and G-xx summit are snoozers for Trump supporters and you can see it in the news. There see little impact at home. Meanwhile healthcare for 20 odd million should disappear soon. It is fascinating that after 8 years of promising to repeal Obamacare that nothing has been done six months into office.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
July 9th, 2017 at 9:47:54 PM permalink
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 10th, 2017 at 6:46:14 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

ROTFL
Trump Walks Back Russian Cybersecurity Pact 12 Hours After Proposing It
WTF
Putin has to have something on Trump. Its either that or Trump is the dumbest guy on the planet
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
July 10th, 2017 at 7:42:51 AM permalink
FOX didn't think this headline through...

If they want to bring the country together, I'm sure liberals would support throwing Flynn, Manafort, Don Jr., et al., in Gitmo!!
ams288
ams288
July 10th, 2017 at 3:19:14 PM permalink
One of these two....... errrrm....... human beings appears to be in trouble RE: Russia and has lawyered up:

ams288
ams288
July 10th, 2017 at 6:20:18 PM permalink
BREAKING from the NYT:

These "nothing burgers" are so filling!

Don Jr., you're grounded.
billryan
billryan
July 10th, 2017 at 6:39:44 PM permalink
I'll wager Don Sr is even now preparing blanket pardons.
ams288
ams288
July 10th, 2017 at 6:49:37 PM permalink
It's almost too good to be true.

How could they be so stupid to put that in an email?!?!?!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 11th, 2017 at 3:21:30 AM permalink
Pence is doing his own fund raising separate from Trump. People are whispering that he is doing this because he thinks Trump is going down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/10/is-mike-pence-betting-it-will-all-come-crashing-down-on-trump/?utm_term=.6e6cd21810ad
Please don't feed the trolls
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RogerKintRSMoosetonAxelWolf
July 11th, 2017 at 7:14:49 AM permalink
How ridiculous do you feel biting on every single dead end, contrived and amateur conspiracy theory about Trump since election day?
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 11th, 2017 at 7:20:33 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

How ridiculous do you feel biting on every single dead end, contrived and amateur conspiracy theory about Trump since election day?

How are Don Jr's exact words contrived or amateur?
ams288
ams288
July 11th, 2017 at 7:32:34 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

This coming from you of all righties, is funny.

Have you got to the bottom of your Comet Ping Pong "Pizzagate" investigation yet?
ams288
ams288
July 11th, 2017 at 8:20:15 AM permalink

Don Jr: "and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

Goldstone: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 11th, 2017 at 8:26:58 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Pence is doing his own fund raising separate from Trump. People are whispering that he is doing this because he thinks Trump is going down.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but it seems like Pence has been awful quiet since the election. It does seem like he's just biding his time and not making waves. I think at this point most non-Trump people would rather have him in charge anyway.
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 11th, 2017 at 8:40:51 AM permalink

I think at this point most non-Trump people would rather have him in charge anyway.

Not true.. at least for me. Pence is a nasty man, but knows how to work the system. I'd rather have Trump and nothing get done.... for now.
rsactuary
rsactuary
July 11th, 2017 at 8:41:42 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Don Jr: "and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

Goldstone: "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

How on earth did Don Jr think this would help his case? What an idiot, but I thank him for it.
ams288
ams288
July 11th, 2017 at 8:44:50 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

How on earth did Don Jr think this would help his case? What an idiot, but I thank him for it.

The New York Times had gotten ahold of it and was about to post it themselves. He wanted to beat them to it, I guess.
ams288
ams288
July 11th, 2017 at 8:48:16 AM permalink
For giggles, here is Don Jr.'s first account of the meeting from THREE DAYS AGO:

rsactuary
rsactuary
July 11th, 2017 at 8:50:02 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

For giggles, here is Don Jr.'s first account of the meeting from THREE DAYS AGO:

That's hilarious.
  • Jump to: