7 votes (11.86%)
10 votes (16.94%)

59 members have voted

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 16th, 2014 at 8:04:37 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The feminist should not pay for a date with a man because she is then guilty of the very thing she is trying to eliminate. The feminist seeks equality, not a 180-degree role-reversal. A true feminist would seek for each person to pay for themselves on the date, and I've certainly been out with females who have wanted to do same. They mostly suck at tipping, though, so technically I have covered more than my share.

Here comes another broad generalization:

When a woman insists on paying her half of a date, she is not that into the guy and does not want the guy to expect anything.
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:07:10 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

The feminist should not pay for a date with a man because she is then guilty of the very thing she is trying to eliminate. The feminist seeks equality, not a 180-degree role-reversal. A true feminist would seek for each person to pay for themselves on the date, and I've certainly been out with females who have wanted to do same. They mostly suck at tipping, though, so technically I have covered more than my share.

Here comes another broad generalization:

When a woman insists on paying her half of a date, she is not that into the guy and does not want the guy to expect anything.

On a different note and way off topic: if the feminist should want it equal and therefore not pay for the date—why is affirmative action allowed? Shouldn't everything just be made equal? Additionally, shouldn't native americans have to pay taxes—if we are making everyone equal…and not "righting wrongs" by swinging in the opposite direction…all affirmative action and special exemptions should be done away with…including religious tax exemptions
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
February 16th, 2014 at 8:09:56 AM permalink
The guy should not expect anything as the result of a single date, regardless.

It's tough to argue against your generalizations with (in this case, multiple) real-life counterexamples because you are always able to duck behind the, "There are always exceptions," stance. It's true that there are exceptions to most rules, that I grant, but what if a woman who pays for her half of the date simply because she is not into the guy IS the exception to girls who pay for their half but might be into the guy?

You presented this position, so I am going to appeal to authority and ask for some kind of poll of women who have paid for half of the date on the matter in defense of your position.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:14:58 AM permalink

The guy should not expect anything as the result of a single date, regardless.

It's tough to argue against your generalizations with (in this case, multiple) real-life counterexamples because you are always able to duck behind the, "There are always exceptions," stance. It's true that there are exceptions to most rules, that I grant, but what if a woman who pays for her half of the date simply because she is not into the guy IS the exception to girls who pay for their half but might be into the guy?

You presented this position, so I am going to appeal to authority and ask for some kind of poll of women who have paid for half of the date on the matter in defense of your position.

Considering there are only a few women on this site…how about asking men what their perception of this behavior is?
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:15:03 AM permalink

[

On a different note and way off topic: if the feminist should want it equal and therefore not pay for the date—why is affirmative action allowed? Shouldn't everything just be made equal? Additionally, shouldn't native americans have to pay taxes—if we are making everyone equal…and not "righting wrongs" by swinging in the opposite direction…all affirmative action and special exemptions should be done away with…including religious tax exemptions

1.) I disagree with the fundamental concept of affirmative action and did nothing to defend or present a position supporting same.

2.) Native Americans are a sovereign nation, from a legal standpoint, and by the choice of our very own Government. If we wanted it to be otherwise, we could declare war on them and they would have absolutely no chance of meaningfully defending themselves against the U.S.A. Attempting to force Native Americans to pay taxes is the equivalent of trying to force a Canadian to pay otherwise applicable U.S. taxes. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if they go off of the reservation and buy something, they must still pay all applicable sales taxes, is it not so?

3.) Religious tax exemptions should continue to be allowed under the general rule of, "Non-Profit Organizations," it has nothing to do with whether or not they are specifically Religious organizations.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 16th, 2014 at 8:19:39 AM permalink
Lyndon Johnson ..
" You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair. "
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:20:24 AM permalink

[
2.) Native Americans are a sovereign nation, from a legal standpoint, and by the choice of our very own Government. If we wanted it to be otherwise, we could declare war on them and they would have absolutely no chance of meaningfully defending themselves against the U.S.A. Attempting to force Native Americans to pay taxes is the equivalent of trying to force a Canadian to pay otherwise applicable U.S. taxes. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if they go off of the reservation and buy something, they must still pay all applicable sales taxes, is it not so?

Although they cannot make war, print currency or engage in foreign relations (other than with the feds) - so, how sovereign are they really?
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:21:23 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Lyndon Johnson ..
" You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair. "

My forefathers in Lithuania were subjugated by Poland then Russia - where are concessions for me?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
February 16th, 2014 at 8:24:45 AM permalink

HB - just to play devil's advocate here:

What is your qualification for calling forum members "sorry asses"…? If you think this is based on their looks or lack thereof, then you a re doing exactly what you are railing against…? If you are basing it on their posts and implied personality, how do you know what JJ would be attracted too…?
You claim that guys just want to "fuck"…but, my claim is that women only seek money…and you, yourself, have alluded to wanting a wealthy man (your baccarat table story) and your threading the past about wanting someone to pay for your breast implants

So, women want money and men want sex — that is life — can we all be grown up about it now?

Quote: HotBlonde

All you guys look for is women you want to fuck and to be honest with you most of her type of women wouldn't even want your sorry asses in the first place. So for you to take my compliment to her and turn it around as an insult to me is not only rude but shows just how reprehensible, as the Wizard put it, you guys are. Shame on you for trying to shame a woman! I posted a nice picture a while back in honor of my friend Michael and his website and you used my post of that as a way to try and degrade me. **** you and shame on you.

Quote: Transcend

The reaction of both JJ and HB were inevitable, first with the unwarranted comments of the bulk of male posters, and all the attention that was given to JJ. HB was the main "woman" of the forum(no offense babs or any other female posters, she was more about the attention and less about the gaming aspects, but this is just my subjective opinion from what I have read) until JJ came along and stole some thunder. Humans like attention, male or female, and when someone garners attention from another, the other wants it back.

No offense taken, Transcend. The difference between me (and several other women who post less frequently) and both of these ladies is that the first group is on a gaming forum to talk about gaming, and the second group is all about playing girl-games with a captive audience of mostly men. My career, my goals, and my philosophy have been all about being a human being first, competing and demanding consideration on merit. I give up a lot of hard-won ground as a female, with the tricks, irrational demands, pouting tantrums, convenient tears, and bottom-wiggling all off my play list. That has cost me many times in developing male-female relationships with traditionalist men, and would get in the way with many of you, though there are more than a few on here (not naming names; you know who you are) who would enjoy and celebrate my kind of person.

I do not condone HB's rant above. I think it profane and a complete overreaction to what happened, and I agree she invited it, from her forum name to her various threads referencing her looks, to her crafting expensive prop bets about her looks, to her resurrecting old threads about her looks when JJ had folks drooling over her. If I've counted correctly, this is the 4th time she's left the forum in a huff.

I think JJ found whatever she came here for, or decided it was a dry hole, and wanted an exit strategy which gave her some satisfaction. She's been on for only 6 weeks, and this is the 2nd time she's left in a huff.

I do not think Buzz should have been banned. I do not think Roger should have been banned. I care very much about what I consider to be personal friendships with both the Wizard and Mission, but when I have spent my life standing up for a meritocracy, a double standard which allows women to be as rude as HB is above without repercussion, and JJ to post topless videos and graphic sexual descriptions in a PG-by-rule forum without repercussion, while punishing the men is not going to pass me unnoticed. As ace said above, can we be adults here? I would take it one further; can we be people together here, and not held hostage to girl-games?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:34:06 AM permalink
Greetings!

RogerKint has been unbanned pursuant to the Wizard disagreeing with the premise of my ban and finding that the insult is covered by the Statler and Waldorf standard.

I hereby publicly apologize to Roger and offer a, "Get Out of Jail Free Card," good for one day off any future ban. I've actually met Roger in person, and he's one Hell of a nice guy, but obviously, I couldn't let that impact my decision.

• Jump to: