7 votes (11.86%)
10 votes (16.94%)

59 members have voted

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 16th, 2014 at 8:04:37 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The feminist should not pay for a date with a man because she is then guilty of the very thing she is trying to eliminate. The feminist seeks equality, not a 180-degree role-reversal. A true feminist would seek for each person to pay for themselves on the date, and I've certainly been out with females who have wanted to do same. They mostly suck at tipping, though, so technically I have covered more than my share.

Here comes another broad generalization:

When a woman insists on paying her half of a date, she is not that into the guy and does not want the guy to expect anything.
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:07:10 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

The feminist should not pay for a date with a man because she is then guilty of the very thing she is trying to eliminate. The feminist seeks equality, not a 180-degree role-reversal. A true feminist would seek for each person to pay for themselves on the date, and I've certainly been out with females who have wanted to do same. They mostly suck at tipping, though, so technically I have covered more than my share.

When a woman insists on paying her half of a date, she is not that into the guy and does not want the guy to expect anything.

On a different note and way off topic: if the feminist should want it equal and therefore not pay for the date—why is affirmative action allowed? Shouldn't everything just be made equal? Additionally, shouldn't native americans have to pay taxes—if we are making everyone equal…and not "righting wrongs" by swinging in the opposite direction…all affirmative action and special exemptions should be done away with…including religious tax exemptions
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 16th, 2014 at 8:09:56 AM permalink
The guy should not expect anything as the result of a single date, regardless.

It's tough to argue against your generalizations with (in this case, multiple) real-life counterexamples because you are always able to duck behind the, "There are always exceptions," stance. It's true that there are exceptions to most rules, that I grant, but what if a woman who pays for her half of the date simply because she is not into the guy IS the exception to girls who pay for their half but might be into the guy?

You presented this position, so I am going to appeal to authority and ask for some kind of poll of women who have paid for half of the date on the matter in defense of your position.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:14:58 AM permalink

The guy should not expect anything as the result of a single date, regardless.

It's tough to argue against your generalizations with (in this case, multiple) real-life counterexamples because you are always able to duck behind the, "There are always exceptions," stance. It's true that there are exceptions to most rules, that I grant, but what if a woman who pays for her half of the date simply because she is not into the guy IS the exception to girls who pay for their half but might be into the guy?

You presented this position, so I am going to appeal to authority and ask for some kind of poll of women who have paid for half of the date on the matter in defense of your position.

Considering there are only a few women on this site…how about asking men what their perception of this behavior is?
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:15:03 AM permalink

[

On a different note and way off topic: if the feminist should want it equal and therefore not pay for the date—why is affirmative action allowed? Shouldn't everything just be made equal? Additionally, shouldn't native americans have to pay taxes—if we are making everyone equal…and not "righting wrongs" by swinging in the opposite direction…all affirmative action and special exemptions should be done away with…including religious tax exemptions

1.) I disagree with the fundamental concept of affirmative action and did nothing to defend or present a position supporting same.

2.) Native Americans are a sovereign nation, from a legal standpoint, and by the choice of our very own Government. If we wanted it to be otherwise, we could declare war on them and they would have absolutely no chance of meaningfully defending themselves against the U.S.A. Attempting to force Native Americans to pay taxes is the equivalent of trying to force a Canadian to pay otherwise applicable U.S. taxes. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if they go off of the reservation and buy something, they must still pay all applicable sales taxes, is it not so?

3.) Religious tax exemptions should continue to be allowed under the general rule of, "Non-Profit Organizations," it has nothing to do with whether or not they are specifically Religious organizations.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 16th, 2014 at 8:19:39 AM permalink
Lyndon Johnson ..
" You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair. "
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:20:24 AM permalink

[
2.) Native Americans are a sovereign nation, from a legal standpoint, and by the choice of our very own Government. If we wanted it to be otherwise, we could declare war on them and they would have absolutely no chance of meaningfully defending themselves against the U.S.A. Attempting to force Native Americans to pay taxes is the equivalent of trying to force a Canadian to pay otherwise applicable U.S. taxes. Correct me if I am mistaken, but if they go off of the reservation and buy something, they must still pay all applicable sales taxes, is it not so?

Although they cannot make war, print currency or engage in foreign relations (other than with the feds) - so, how sovereign are they really?
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:21:23 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Lyndon Johnson ..
" You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe that you have been completely fair. "

My forefathers in Lithuania were subjugated by Poland then Russia - where are concessions for me?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 16th, 2014 at 8:24:45 AM permalink

HB - just to play devil's advocate here:

What is your qualification for calling forum members "sorry asses"…? If you think this is based on their looks or lack thereof, then you a re doing exactly what you are railing against…? If you are basing it on their posts and implied personality, how do you know what JJ would be attracted too…?
You claim that guys just want to "fuck"…but, my claim is that women only seek money…and you, yourself, have alluded to wanting a wealthy man (your baccarat table story) and your threading the past about wanting someone to pay for your breast implants

So, women want money and men want sex — that is life — can we all be grown up about it now?

Quote: HotBlonde

All you guys look for is women you want to fuck and to be honest with you most of her type of women wouldn't even want your sorry asses in the first place. So for you to take my compliment to her and turn it around as an insult to me is not only rude but shows just how reprehensible, as the Wizard put it, you guys are. Shame on you for trying to shame a woman! I posted a nice picture a while back in honor of my friend Michael and his website and you used my post of that as a way to try and degrade me. **** you and shame on you.

Quote: Transcend

The reaction of both JJ and HB were inevitable, first with the unwarranted comments of the bulk of male posters, and all the attention that was given to JJ. HB was the main "woman" of the forum(no offense babs or any other female posters, she was more about the attention and less about the gaming aspects, but this is just my subjective opinion from what I have read) until JJ came along and stole some thunder. Humans like attention, male or female, and when someone garners attention from another, the other wants it back.

No offense taken, Transcend. The difference between me (and several other women who post less frequently) and both of these ladies is that the first group is on a gaming forum to talk about gaming, and the second group is all about playing girl-games with a captive audience of mostly men. My career, my goals, and my philosophy have been all about being a human being first, competing and demanding consideration on merit. I give up a lot of hard-won ground as a female, with the tricks, irrational demands, pouting tantrums, convenient tears, and bottom-wiggling all off my play list. That has cost me many times in developing male-female relationships with traditionalist men, and would get in the way with many of you, though there are more than a few on here (not naming names; you know who you are) who would enjoy and celebrate my kind of person.

I do not condone HB's rant above. I think it profane and a complete overreaction to what happened, and I agree she invited it, from her forum name to her various threads referencing her looks, to her crafting expensive prop bets about her looks, to her resurrecting old threads about her looks when JJ had folks drooling over her. If I've counted correctly, this is the 4th time she's left the forum in a huff.

I think JJ found whatever she came here for, or decided it was a dry hole, and wanted an exit strategy which gave her some satisfaction. She's been on for only 6 weeks, and this is the 2nd time she's left in a huff.

I do not think Buzz should have been banned. I do not think Roger should have been banned. I care very much about what I consider to be personal friendships with both the Wizard and Mission, but when I have spent my life standing up for a meritocracy, a double standard which allows women to be as rude as HB is above without repercussion, and JJ to post topless videos and graphic sexual descriptions in a PG-by-rule forum without repercussion, while punishing the men is not going to pass me unnoticed. As ace said above, can we be adults here? I would take it one further; can we be people together here, and not held hostage to girl-games?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:34:06 AM permalink
Greetings!

RogerKint has been unbanned pursuant to the Wizard disagreeing with the premise of my ban and finding that the insult is covered by the Statler and Waldorf standard.

I hereby publicly apologize to Roger and offer a, "Get Out of Jail Free Card," good for one day off any future ban. I've actually met Roger in person, and he's one Hell of a nice guy, but obviously, I couldn't let that impact my decision.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:37:34 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Lyndon Johnson ..

True, but the subjugated individuals are mostly dead, now, the playing field is mostly level. The game still sucks, but the playing field is level.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:40:41 AM permalink

Considering there are only a few women on this site…how about asking men what their perception of this behavior is?

Not from here, an external study with a larger sample size. The opinion of men is immaterial to the question and is an automatic non-sequitur. That is, unless, men are capable of reading the collective minds of women.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:49:49 AM permalink

Although they cannot make war, print currency or engage in foreign relations (other than with the feds) - so, how sovereign are they really?

Not very, we could choose to make them pay taxes and there isn't a whole lot they could do about it, but they are still legally a sovereign nation. The problem they have is no other countries would step in and attack us if we were aggressive to them, so they are very limited in their ability to do anything about whatever it is we want to do to them, which is a shame for those of them who truly reject our ideals.

Imagine a small country were located in the Atlantic Ocean within a few miles of us, and not Cuba, because Cuba has allies. Imagine a make-believe country located there and with no Allies, if we were to step in there and say, "You will use American currency from this point forward, or we will kill every last one of you," there wouldn't really be much such a country could do without a bigger country willing to step in and defend them. It doesn't change the fact that they are a different country, though.
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 8:51:33 AM permalink

Not very, we could choose to make them pay taxes and there isn't a whole lot they could do about it, but they are still legally a sovereign nation. The problem they have is no other countries would step in and attack us if we were aggressive to them, so they are very limited in their ability to do anything about whatever it is we want to do to them, which is a shame for those of them who truly reject our ideals.

Imagine a small country were located in the Atlantic Ocean within a few miles of us, and not Cuba, because Cuba has allies. Imagine a make-believe country located there and with no Allies, if we were to step in there and say, "You will use American currency from this point forward, or we will kill every last one of you," there wouldn't really be much such a country could do without a bigger country willing to step in and defend them. It doesn't change the fact that they are a different country, though.

Agreed - throughout history land is taken, lost, re-take and lost again - it is just a cycle of changing sovereigns. The Romans once thought they were invincible too.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 16th, 2014 at 8:52:08 AM permalink

True, but the subjugated individuals are mostly dead, now, the playing field is mostly level. The game still sucks, but the playing field is level.

When Lyndon said that it was the 60's. Different time and different place. But the biggest block to a qualified permission not being admitted to College today is not affirmative action, but legacy programs. Heading out to take grand kids to church. When I get back. will discuss Aces of Spades reply.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
February 16th, 2014 at 8:54:59 AM permalink
Some of you cats seem destined to remain forever clueless about women, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 16th, 2014 at 9:09:20 AM permalink
Quote: soxfan

LOL & +1
Fighting BS one post at a time!
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 16th, 2014 at 9:12:12 AM permalink
Quote: soxfan

I'm not a cat...I'm a dogg :-)
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
February 16th, 2014 at 9:14:37 AM permalink

I hereby publicly apologize to Roger and offer a, "Get Out of Jail Free Card," good for one day off any future ban. I've actually met Roger in person, and he's one Hell of a nice guy, but obviously, I couldn't let that impact my decision.

Since I have a get out of jail free card, I'm going to use this opportunity to tell this Hot Blonde character how I REALLY feel. I'm putting this profanity-laden rant in spoiler tags.

Nah, jk. I agree with the Wizard and will try to be more gentlemanly.
100% risk of ruin
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
February 16th, 2014 at 9:17:49 AM permalink

I have mentioned that I felt it might be better for individuals to not vote at all (if not voting for JuicieJennie) .

I respectfully disagree. I will lump this in to unintended consequences. If I am going to take the time to follow a link that she provides (which I never did) then I have the right to make another selection if I so choose to.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 9:19:25 AM permalink
You're right, I did not state what I actually meant, I meant to vote for someone other than JJ and actually state that they did so.
GWAE
GWAE
February 16th, 2014 at 9:27:30 AM permalink

You're right, I did not state what I actually meant, I meant to vote for someone other than JJ and actually state that they did so.

ok that I agree with. There would be no reason to state that you voted for someone else unless you were trying to somehow hurt JJs feelings.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 16th, 2014 at 9:45:23 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I doubt if you are really sorry. You obviously don't like her and what she represents. Your posts have made that crystal clear. But we will see about 'not bothering her' anymore.

And the answer to the first question is yes.

Well, you don't know me. I meant what I said - I'm sorry if I caused her distress or for any other hurtful feelings for that matter.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 16th, 2014 at 9:47:33 AM permalink

My now-wife paid for her half of our first date and I could tell that things weren't going that well. I said something to her after the payment that caught her attention, however, and now it's 12+ years later.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 16th, 2014 at 9:49:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

No offense taken, Transcend. The difference between me (and several other women who post less frequently) and both of these ladies is that the first group is on a gaming forum to talk about gaming, and the second group is all about playing girl-games with a captive audience of mostly men. My career, my goals, and my philosophy have been all about being a human being first, competing and demanding consideration on merit. I give up a lot of hard-won ground as a female, with the tricks, irrational demands, pouting tantrums, convenient tears, and bottom-wiggling all off my play list. That has cost me many times in developing male-female relationships with traditionalist men, and would get in the way with many of you, though there are more than a few on here (not naming names; you know who you are) who would enjoy and celebrate my kind of person.

I do not condone HB's rant above. I think it profane and a complete overreaction to what happened, and I agree she invited it, from her forum name to her various threads referencing her looks, to her crafting expensive prop bets about her looks, to her resurrecting old threads about her looks when JJ had folks drooling over her. If I've counted correctly, this is the 4th time she's left the forum in a huff.

I think JJ found whatever she came here for, or decided it was a dry hole, and wanted an exit strategy which gave her some satisfaction. She's been on for only 6 weeks, and this is the 2nd time she's left in a huff.

I do not think Buzz should have been banned. I do not think Roger should have been banned. I care very much about what I consider to be personal friendships with both the Wizard and Mission, but when I have spent my life standing up for a meritocracy, a double standard which allows women to be as rude as HB is above without repercussion, and JJ to post topless videos and graphic sexual descriptions in a PG-by-rule forum without repercussion, while punishing the men is not going to pass me unnoticed. As ace said above, can we be adults here? I would take it one further; can we be people together here, and not held hostage to girl-games?

Now that's a post. +1
tilt247
tilt247
  • Threads: 2
February 16th, 2014 at 10:13:11 AM permalink
Nevermind, this thread is the most entertaining one... Holy cow people...
Wait, it's a long term advantage?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 16th, 2014 at 10:38:12 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

HB seemed to be upset with the attention JJ has been getting from the beginning

Untrue

I think she even commented on something regarding the Wizard finding a new favorite/hottie or something like that.

Very Untrue

...and I have to think Rogers comment was not what lead to her wanting to leave.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

When I joined this forum I was 250 pounds. I chose the handle "HotBlonde" for my handle because it is a handle I had used on another site previous to joining here. I joined this site cause I had been following the Wizard for YEARS before. I have always looked up his gaming advice, strategies, hotel surveys, etc., etc.. I actually play with a somewhat substantial bankroll when I go to Vegas and I love math and calculating house edges, holds, comps, stuff like that. After years of following him on WoO I saw that he had a spinoff site and joined WoV. For the first year, and possibly even a bit longer, I posted here a lot and had a lot of fun. I actually was surprised to find that this was a mostly male forum as I thought this was just a site for people who love gambling and Vegas and that that would just include EVERYONE. Then, after being on here for probably just over a year or so I had the opportunity to turn my weight loss goals into a challenge. Even still at 250 pounds I claimed that I was not only going to lose the weight but that I would do my final weigh in in a bikini in front of everyone. Half way or so through the challenge SOOPOO and I were having issues and I told him I did not want him attending my weigh-in party. This was due to his insulting nature towards me and trying to hurt me. He told several lies about me in the thread including saying that I was asking to call off the challenge when I first got my foot drop. Even the Wizard told me he saw how he treated me in a condescending way when the 3 of us were together in April of that year! So I told SOOPOO I didn't want him around me during my weigh in trip and he did his best to play innocent on here and EVERYONE (except Nareed, who had my back) immediately took SOOPOO's side and decided to turn against me and said hurtful things about me and towards me. SOOPOO continued to play like he was Mr. Wonderful which just added fuel to the flames. I not only won the challenge with a 99.6 pound weight loss, but took and posted pics on here of my 100 pound loss of myself in a bikini. I did get a lot of congratulations, but some shmuck, who I don't remember offhand, posted the comment "thunder thighs". That was very, very hurtful. I had just lost a ton of weight and was not expecting to look perfect, and someone had to say something as cruel as that after I had exposed my body to you guys.

I honestly, truly think that men are insensitive and have no clue how hurtful you can be towards making comments about women's appearances. Our bodies weren't made SOLELY to be pleasurably satisfying to you. We're not objects. We're human beings with a heart and soul and feelings. Guess what? My body didn't look perfect after I lost all that weight but I sure looked DAMN good from all the effort I put in. And when I pay JJ a compliment saying that her picture probably looked sexier than mine, that's not an open invitation to say something hurtful to me. You guys will honestly never understand how stuff like that really hurts to the core. Women are always getting messages that we're not good enough in some way, not pretty enough, too fat, not a nice enough ass, big enough tits, etc. Again, we're not here on this planet to be molded to your sexual preferences. We're mothers, lovers, caretakers, pioneers, compassionate, loving and can do almost anything a man can do, and where we lack we make up for in things men can't do.

My broker had a "0 tolerance" policy when it came to sexual harrassment in our office, and when I came to him with concerns I had about another agent who I had become uncomfortable with, one of those concerns was this agent telling me I wasn't "slutty enough", my broker, very insensitively responded with, "But Anne, you're never here!" I couldn't believe his response! And it wasn't true that I was never there, I wasn't there every week but I came in when I needed to.
And I had a neighbor who just had it out for me and intimidated me and basically threatened me at our local Starbucks when I first moved in, spread lies about me, intimidated and harrassed a male friend of my roommate's who he thought was coming to see me, solicited a female friend of ours for an act of prostitution and tried to gain access to our apartment, went into my car and took the keys out of my car and kept them when I had left my engine running one day, opened up an email in my name and sent me intimidating emails with a picture of me he snuck of me from his camera phone and letting me know that he knew I was out of town and where I was, and after calling the police on him twice and reporting him to management they all said to get a restraining order against him. I did, and it cost me $600 and got a temporary restraining order which required him to turn in his two registered firearms, which he did not do and I had a detective and gun detail unit go to his apartment to retrieve them, and I went before a male judge to stay this restraining order and the judge dismissed the case. I was in total shock. I absolutely couldn't believe it.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that women's feelings are OFTEN dismissed by men and not realizing how sensitive our feelings are. That's probably why we're such loving mothers, we're very intuitive and sensitive to other's feelings. Men seem to often lack this sensitivity. When my feelings are hurt or I'm uncomfortable by some man's comments or I'm scared that someone could be hiding in the back of my car or stalking me men tend to think we're overreacting or are making a big deal out of nothing. Our feelings are often dismissed or belittled and this is very, very sad.

I love my friend Michael but he has a very open free speech policy and allows anybody on here, even if they are not nice to other people. I'm tired of opening up myself on here and allowing myself to get shot down.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 16th, 2014 at 10:40:14 AM permalink
Quote: tilt247

Nevermind, this thread is the most entertaining one... Holy cow people...

Who are you calling a cow? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
tilt247
tilt247
  • Threads: 2
February 16th, 2014 at 10:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Who are you calling a cow? :-)

LMAO, I will not fall for it and be drawn into the drama!!!
Wait, it's a long term advantage?
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
February 16th, 2014 at 10:46:15 AM permalink
Quote: tilt247

LMAO, I will not fall for it and be drawn into the drama!!!

You can't escape now...:-)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 16th, 2014 at 11:16:34 AM permalink

SOOPOO continued to play like he was Mr. Wonderful which just added fuel to the flames.

I am still Mr. Wonderful, just not to you!

Who had the "under' on 24 hours for HB's return after leaving the forum forever?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
February 16th, 2014 at 11:23:38 AM permalink

Oh wow, you finally admit to this! Here it is in your own words!
And by the way, you are not a nice guy. Period.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 16th, 2014 at 11:23:52 AM permalink
Regarding posts on the forum..... If you can't take a ribbing from someone you don't even know or never met, why would you let their comments affect your life? Just ignore it and move on, unless it is extremely insulting in which you can block the post. Think of the positive comments to negative. The negative posters took time out of their miserable day to write something nasty, which means their life sucks so bad they have to put people down.

I guess women are more sensitive then men but if we are to have an equal playing field you must rid yourself the advantage of getting away with things because you are a man/woman.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
djatc
djatc
February 16th, 2014 at 11:24:25 AM permalink

Who had the "under' on 24 hours for HB's return after leaving the forum forever?

I was about to propose a bet...... Lost value.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 11:27:08 AM permalink

Oh wow, you finally admit to this! Here it is in your own words!
And by the way, you are not a nice guy. Period.

Personal Insult, Seven Days.
nmacgre
nmacgre
  • Threads: 14
February 16th, 2014 at 11:33:30 AM permalink

This is the straw that broke the camel's toe. We need to stop scaring off all the hot and juicie members.
djatc
djatc
February 16th, 2014 at 12:00:19 PM permalink
Quote: nmacgre

This is the straw that broke the camel's toe. We need to stop scaring off all the hot and juicie members.

shuffle up and let the chippies fly as I say.
GWAE
GWAE
February 16th, 2014 at 12:37:24 PM permalink
It seems like there are just certain people in this world who will have drama no matter where they go. Whether it is relationships, friendships, work, or internet forums those people will always gravitate to the drama. I really feel for those types of people and I am very grateful that no one in my support system is like that. Well, excluding my MIL but that is to be expected.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 16th, 2014 at 12:46:35 PM permalink

Another mitigating factor is the fact that JuicieJennie will need to get in by judge vote as she was doomed (through no fault of her own) by the formatting of the public vote being, "Likes," on Facebook. There's one contestant (Megan White) with 4,291 Likes as of this moment, JJ has 14.

14???

What the hell? Vote for her, people.

I resurrected an old FB account that I hadn't used in about a year to vote for her. Create a fake account if you have to. Or 20. Vote early and often.

On the good side, there is no way that she is not one of the 7 that the judges select, unless if they are all blind.
Buzzard
Buzzard
February 16th, 2014 at 1:13:44 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff
Did not mean Dumb blonde in a negative sense. Just hard to believe a beautiful woman won't get an invitation by New Years. My sister is a blonde and driving to work one day she saw a blonde sitting in a rowboat in middle of a golf course, She pulled over to shoulder of road and shouted to the blonde that she was giving all blondes a bad name. She wanted to go punch her in the nose but my sister can't swim.

HotBlonde
Threads: 49

I was LMAO when I read this...

From this thread

New Years in Vegas. What to Do?

EXHIBIT 289B in the Essay :

A man who says he understands women will lie about other things too !
juiciejennie
juiciejennie
February 16th, 2014 at 1:18:20 PM permalink

I have mentioned that I felt it might be better for individuals to not vote at all (if not voting for JuicieJennie) unless they would have reasonably found themselves voting in the competition anyway as most people only know about it as a result of JuicieJennie posting about it. However, I still don't see what is wrong with comparing JuicieJennie to the other girls in the beauty pageant given the fact that that is the sole purpose of a beauty pageant. I think that there's a reasonable expectation of being compared to other girls in a beauty pageant if you bring up that you are in a beauty pageant.

Another mitigating factor is the fact that JuicieJennie will need to get in by judge vote as she was doomed (through no fault of her own) by the formatting of the public vote being, "Likes," on Facebook. There's one contestant (Megan White) with 4,291 Likes as of this moment, JJ has 14.

JuicieJennie has publicly stated that she made no serious effort at a Facebook campaign as she didn't realize voting was done this way. In terms of attractiveness, if anyone should look it up, I think it is fair to say that JuicieJennie utterly destroys Megan White.

The problem is the way the public vote works for that competition is fundamentally flawed and skewed to favor individuals who had very active Facebook accounts prior to entering the competition. If you are not such an individual, the only chance you have of winning is to be one of the seven the judges hand-select.

The way the voting should work is someone should have to register a Mint 400 account in order to vote, that way, there's more to the voting than absently clicking on some button on Facebook to the extent that you don't even have to go to the Mint site.

I believe JuicieJennie could very well have kicked @$$ in public voting if the votes had to go through that site and Facebook was otherwise uninvolved. The whole Facebook angle is just a crappy way to do it...

I think it might be a little different if the public voting for the eighth entry to go to Golden Nugget were neck-and-neck and we could be having a realistic impact on who goes and who doesn't. As of right now, we cannot and we do not, Megan White has apparently found a creative way to market herself on Facebook, or has a ton of Friends on Facebook to begin with and is playing to that strength. No other contestant is even close in votes.

how is it that you just said exactly what i have been thinking!! for that reason, i emailed miss mint asking if i can drop out of the "contest"; instead they mail me a miss mint tshirt and a letter saying to wear the shirt and take selfies and post on instagram tagging it #missmint, #themint400 etc.... and promote for people to go to their events and what not...ahmmm ok, whatevers!!~
idk why i even entered another of these stupid bs "contests" since obviously it ain't a BEAUTY contest
juiciejennie
juiciejennie
February 16th, 2014 at 1:22:08 PM permalink

I doubt if you are really sorry. You obviously don't like her and what she represents. Your posts have made that crystal clear. But we will see about 'not bothering her' anymore.

And the answer to the first question is yes.

to boybimbo: um caused me distress? lol i could care less! first, idk you and second, your (comments, thoughts etc) not important to me because of my first reason!
Transcend
Transcend
February 16th, 2014 at 1:26:12 PM permalink
Quote: juiciejennie

to boybimbo: um caused me distress? lol i could care less! first, idk you and second, your (comments, thoughts etc) not important to me because of my first reason!

+1 for exemplary behavior
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 16th, 2014 at 1:27:00 PM permalink
JJ, I agree the Miss Mint contest is poorly structured and not really fair. I hope that does not discourage you from entering beauty contests in the future.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
February 16th, 2014 at 1:30:41 PM permalink
Inb4 the could/couldn't care less posts.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
February 16th, 2014 at 1:36:05 PM permalink
Yup, more marketing contests than based on merit. A lady I know should have won a casino film contest by a wide margin, but the winner had every customer visiting in her shop vote for her.

It's a crazy contest where you either see good looking girls, hopeless ones, and girls posing like porn stars and escorts. What in tarnation is the site even trying to establish beyond dating leads for the company employees?
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 1:36:46 PM permalink
Quote: juiciejennie

how is it that you just said exactly what i have been thinking!! for that reason, i emailed miss mint asking if i can drop out of the "contest"; instead they mail me a miss mint tshirt and a letter saying to wear the shirt and take selfies and post on instagram tagging it #missmint, #themint400 etc.... and promote for people to go to their events and what not...ahmmm ok, whatevers!!~
idk why i even entered another of these stupid bs "contests" since obviously it ain't a BEAUTY contest

I would respectfully suggest you Edit this post, or I can delete it for you if you like. You still have an EXCELLENT chance of being chosen by the judges, and that's how 7 out of 8 contestants will make it to Vegas, anyway.

Also, maybe do the instagram thing, a few brownie points with the judges couldn't hurt.

Good luck, would love to see you win 5K!!!
djatc
djatc
February 16th, 2014 at 1:47:58 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Yup, more marketing contests than based on merit. A lady I know should have won a casino film contest by a wide margin, but the winner had every customer visiting in her shop vote for her.

It's a crazy contest where you either see good looking girls, hopeless ones, and girls posing like porn stars and escorts. What in tarnation is the site even trying to establish beyond dating leads for the company employees?

I love supply and demand economics. Especially in casinos and strip clubs
Transcend
Transcend
February 16th, 2014 at 2:10:17 PM permalink

Untrue

Very Untrue

Quote: Wizard

In that unlikely event, I'll have to give a lecture on the Nash Equilibrium beforehand.

Hey, wait a minute. Is that the one where the guys all ditch the blonde?

Attention was also sought with the multiple times a wager was brought up if JJ was real or not. Had anyone taken that bet, you would have been out at least $2,000.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

When I joined this forum I was 250 pounds. I chose the handle "HotBlonde" for my handle because it is a handle I had used on another site previous to joining here. I joined this site cause I had been following the Wizard for YEARS before. I have always looked up his gaming advice, strategies, hotel surveys, etc., etc.. I actually play with a somewhat substantial bankroll when I go to Vegas and I love math and calculating house edges, holds, comps, stuff like that. After years of following him on WoO I saw that he had a spinoff site and joined WoV. For the first year, and possibly even a bit longer, I posted here a lot and had a lot of fun. I actually was surprised to find that this was a mostly male forum as I thought this was just a site for people who love gambling and Vegas and that that would just include EVERYONE. Then, after being on here for probably just over a year or so I had the opportunity to turn my weight loss goals into a challenge. Even still at 250 pounds I claimed that I was not only going to lose the weight but that I would do my final weigh in in a bikini in front of everyone. Half way or so through the challenge SOOPOO and I were having issues and I told him I did not want him attending my weigh-in party. This was due to his insulting nature towards me and trying to hurt me. He told several lies about me in the thread including saying that I was asking to call off the challenge when I first got my foot drop. Even the Wizard told me he saw how he treated me in a condescending way when the 3 of us were together in April of that year! So I told SOOPOO I didn't want him around me during my weigh in trip and he did his best to play innocent on here and EVERYONE (except Nareed, who had my back) immediately took SOOPOO's side and decided to turn against me and said hurtful things about me and towards me. SOOPOO continued to play like he was Mr. Wonderful which just added fuel to the flames. I not only won the challenge with a 99.6 pound weight loss, but took and posted pics on here of my 100 pound loss of myself in a bikini. I did get a lot of congratulations, but some shmuck, who I don't remember offhand, posted the comment "thunder thighs". That was very, very hurtful. I had just lost a ton of weight and was not expecting to look perfect, and someone had to say something as cruel as that after I had exposed my body to you guys.

What purpose does this serve bringing it up? The challenge seemed to have taken place years ago, why bring up old drama? I guess it could be part of a "reasoning" for wanting to leave, but honestly it was years ago and on a forum no less. Worry about what people in your real life have to say not a forum. A vast majority of people here you will never know and allowing them to influence your life with what they say is evidence that maybe you should not be on the internet if you cannot tolerate what is said. As for whose side is correct on such an issue, neither. There will always be the he said she said subjective view of what happened, and what really happened meets some where in the middle.

I honestly, truly think that men are insensitive and have no clue how hurtful you can be towards making comments about women's appearances. Our bodies weren't made SOLELY to be pleasurably satisfying to you. We're not objects. We're human beings with a heart and soul and feelings. Guess what? My body didn't look perfect after I lost all that weight but I sure looked DAMN good from all the effort I put in. And when I pay JJ a compliment saying that her picture probably looked sexier than mine, that's not an open invitation to say something hurtful to me.

No it is not an invitation to say something hurtful to you, but it is an invitation to agree with you. It was also an obvious attempt at fishing for a compliment. In hopes that someone would say "No you look great too" etc. Which goes back to this point
Quote: Axelwolf

HB seemed to be upset with the attention JJ has been getting from the beginning

You guys will honestly never understand how stuff like that really hurts to the core. Women are always getting messages that we're not good enough in some way, not pretty enough, too fat, not a nice enough ass, big enough tits, etc. Again, we're not here on this planet to be molded to your sexual preferences. We're mothers, lovers, caretakers, pioneers, compassionate, loving and can do almost anything a man can do, and where we lack we make up for in things men can't do.

Then take what is said on the internet with a grain of salt like a man would. As for not being good enough, men get the same exact treatment when they hit on a woman, for one reason or another the woman may not like them and will tell them as such or may even be snide and rather rude, both sexes do it. You have stated numerous times what you look for in a man or would prefer, and to many those things come across just as shallow as what you say men do to women.

My broker had a "0 tolerance" policy when it came to sexual harrassment in our office, and when I came to him with concerns I had about another agent who I had become uncomfortable with, one of those concerns was this agent telling me I wasn't "slutty enough", my broker, very insensitively responded with, "But Anne, you're never here!" I couldn't believe his response! And it wasn't true that I was never there, I wasn't there every week but I came in when I needed to.
And I had a neighbor who just had it out for me and intimidated me and basically threatened me at our local Starbucks when I first moved in, spread lies about me, intimidated and harrassed a male friend of my roommate's who he thought was coming to see me, solicited a female friend of ours for an act of prostitution and tried to gain access to our apartment, went into my car and took the keys out of my car and kept them when I had left my engine running one day, opened up an email in my name and sent me intimidating emails with a picture of me he snuck of me from his camera phone and letting me know that he knew I was out of town and where I was, and after calling the police on him twice and reporting him to management they all said to get a restraining order against him. I did, and it cost me $600 and got a temporary restraining order which required him to turn in his two registered firearms, which he did not do and I had a detective and gun detail unit go to his apartment to retrieve them, and I went before a male judge to stay this restraining order and the judge dismissed the case. I was in total shock. I absolutely couldn't believe it.

Women do the same exact things, I have been stalked twice by women and one threatened to have me killed on numerous occasions. That is the world we live in as men and women, both genders have people with serious problems.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that women's feelings are OFTEN dismissed by men and not realizing how sensitive our feelings are. That's probably why we're such loving mothers, we're very intuitive and sensitive to other's feelings. Men seem to often lack this sensitivity. When my feelings are hurt or I'm uncomfortable by some man's comments or I'm scared that someone could be hiding in the back of my car or stalking me men tend to think we're overreacting or are making a big deal out of nothing. Our feelings are often dismissed or belittled and this is very, very sad.

Again this goes both ways, and to insinuate that there are not men that are caring or sensitive to others is a very reaching claim which you have no basis for. As for your feelings being dismissed or belittled because you may be seen as overreacting, two things come to mind. One the boy who cried wolf, maybe something was blown out of proportion too many times for when it actually warranted further review it did not receive it due to previous happenings. Second, this is a gambling forum and we all talk about recognizing bad streaks more than good streaks. The same could be said in this situation, I am sure there has been a lot of times the proper action has been taken and just as many that it was not, but we recognize the bad over the good because it stands out to us more.

I love my friend Michael but he has a very open free speech policy and allows anybody on here, even if they are not nice to other people. I'm tired of opening up myself on here and allowing myself to get shot down.

Again, it is the internet. Yes you can make friends, but why would you open yourself up publicly on a forum for the world to see unless you know what comes with it, good and bad. If you must open up, open up in a PM to others, or if you must start a thread lay out exactly that you are only looking for positive reinforcement and nothing negative.
Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly. -George Raft
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 16th, 2014 at 2:13:39 PM permalink
Quote: Transcend

Attention was also sought with the multiple times a wager was brought up if JJ was real or not. Had anyone taken that bet, you would have been out at least $2,000.

I tried...
  • Jump to: