RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 30th, 2014 at 9:05:38 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

If my wallet gets stolen and my my documentation proving I am a USA citizen is stolen. Bottom line is I cant vote.
I am an American Citizen not born in this country.
My documentation is stolen, I am screwed. I cannot vote due to laws you favor.
Just make the penalties severe and it solves the problem and allows this American citizen the right to vote.

http://www.lawyerscommittee.org/page?id=0046

...I let my drivers license expire. I can't vote UNTIL I GET IT FIXED...

I'm all for the rare situations described above--losing your documents just in time for the election--to be granted a "provisional" ballot that can be ratified within a couple of weeks of the election.

Sorry, if you lose your ID one of the most important things you will be doing is getting it replaced in order to do ANYTHING of consequence...drive, cash checks, etc.

Just another excuse that there is already a solution in place for.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 30th, 2014 at 1:38:46 PM permalink
Again, these laws are fooling no one. And it isn't easy or "free" for everyone to obtain the specified form of ID required by these dumb laws:

Quote:

A disabled woman in Travis County was turned away from voting because she couldn’t afford to pay her parking tickets. An IHOP dishwasher from Mercedes can’t afford the cost of getting a new birth certificate, which he would need to obtain the special photo ID card required for voting. A student at a historically black college in Marshall, who registered some of her fellow students to vote, won't be able to cast a ballot herself because her driver's license isn't from Texas and the state wouldn't accept her student identification card.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/30/texas-voter-id_n_6076536.html

First right-winger who replies to bash HuffPo but completely ignores the contents of story gets a prize!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 30th, 2014 at 1:44:12 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Again, these laws are fooling no one. And it isn't easy or "free" for everyone to obtain the specified form of ID required by these dumb laws:

Quote:

A disabled woman in Travis County was turned away from voting because she couldn’t afford to pay her parking tickets. An IHOP dishwasher from Mercedes can’t afford the cost of getting a new birth certificate, which he would need to obtain the special photo ID card required for voting. A student at a historically black college in Marshall, who registered some of her fellow students to vote, won't be able to cast a ballot herself because her driver's license isn't from Texas and the state wouldn't accept her student identification card.

First right-winger who replies to bash HuffPo but completely ignores the contents of story gets a prize!

1. Then she needs to pay her parking tickets. Or get a non-drivers ID card. Seems to be more to it than this.
2. How did the IHOP dishwasher fill out I-9 if they had no ID?
3. Let the student vote in Texas where they have residency like one is supposed to do, or else get a local drivers license. You see, this is POTENTIAL FRAUD because they could vote in two states if they could use the Student ID.

Seriously, just show ID, everyone has or can easily get it. Liberals are fooling nobody by being against smart laws, they just want to be able to commit voter fraud.

NOTE: I do realize the Democrat Party has a history of suppression of black voters in southern states, but this ended 50 years ago.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
October 30th, 2014 at 1:51:39 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Liberals are fooling nobody by being against smart laws, they just want to be able to commit voter fraud.

Again, you can shout this from the rooftops, but you are fooling nobody.

This is why I love this issue.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2014 at 3:00:31 PM permalink
delete dupe
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2014 at 3:02:00 PM permalink

Again, you can shout this from the rooftops, but you are fooling nobody.

This is why I love this issue.

I don't know why you would love an issue that makes you side look foolish.

I note you forgot how I shot your three examples full of holes in no time flat.
ams288
ams288
October 30th, 2014 at 3:47:25 PM permalink

I note you forgot how I shot your three examples full of holes in no time flat.

Because you didn't shoot them full of holes. Your response makes it seem like you didn't even read the article.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2014 at 3:59:02 PM permalink

Because you didn't shoot them full of holes. Your response makes it seem like you didn't even read the article.

I did shoot them full of holes. In each just a sentence or two explains why it was not a valid excuse.

I didn't read the article. I read your examples. I have no need to read an article with a bunch of silly reasons people should be allowed to refuse to show ID at the polls. They are all old, tired, and just reasons to enable voter fraud. They are why your side looks silly to the 70% of people in the USA who favor ID to vote.
ams288
ams288
October 30th, 2014 at 4:00:12 PM permalink
This is like shooting fish in a barrel:

1. Then she needs to pay her parking tickets. Or get a non-drivers ID card. Seems to be more to it than this.

"The low-income woman is on a payment plan with a court to pay off her parking tickets, DeBeauvoir said, and while she’s on the plan, her license is suspended. Now, Madeleine has to quickly get to a driver’s license office to get a voting card. Her disability qualifies her to vote by mail, but she missed that deadline because she didn’t know her license would be denied.

”She’s been voting every year since the day 18-year-olds got the right to vote, and now suddenly she finds out she’s lost her right to vote because of money,” DeBeauvoir said. “If she had money, she could just pay off the tickets [and] vote.”

Quote:

2. How did the IHOP dishwasher fill out I-9 if they had no ID?

Jesus Garcia, 40, was born in Texas. He has his voter card as well as an expired form of photo identification that works just fine for most purposes. But under the Texas law, that isn't enough proof, because his ID has been expired for too long. Getting another form of identification is difficult because his birth certificate, along with his wallet, was stolen about a year ago.

"I'm barely working, I don't have enough money to get my ID," Garcia, who works as a dishwasher at an IHOP restaurant, told HuffPost. He would have to pay roughly $30 to obtain a new copy of his birth certificate and a new card, according to the Brennan Center for Justice. Garcia has made two trips to the Department of Public Safety to obtain an identification card, but has been unsuccessful. He believes the law was passed to make it more difficult for people like him to vote.

"If I had money to go get my birth certificate and all that, I wouldn't be having trouble right now," Garcia said. "But like I said, money's down."

Quote:

3. Let the student vote in Texas where they have residency like one is supposed to do, or else get a local drivers license. You see, this is POTENTIAL FRAUD because they could vote in two states if they could use the Student ID.

She's registered to vote in Texas, not the state her ID is from where she used to live before. In America, you cannot vote where you are not regisitered to vote.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2014 at 4:24:25 PM permalink

This is like shooting fish in a barrel:

For me, yes. For you, no. You just post the same silly excuses always given, which boil down to people refusing to get an ID.

Quote:

"The low-income woman is on a payment plan with a court to pay off her parking tickets, DeBeauvoir said, and while she’s on the plan, her license is suspended. Now, Madeleine has to quickly get to a driver’s license office to get a voting card. Her disability qualifies her to vote by mail, but she missed that deadline because she didn’t know her license would be denied.

”She’s been voting every year since the day 18-year-olds got the right to vote, and now suddenly she finds out she’s lost her right to vote because of money,” DeBeauvoir said. “If she had money, she could just pay off the tickets [and] vote.”

And I simply ask, "why did she refuse to pay her parking tickets?" Ever hear "ignorance of the law is no excuse?" There were procedures to let her get a new ID card or vote by mail. She missed both deadlines. BOO HOO HOO. Perhaps next time she will park in a legal zone, pay her tickets, or request a ballot in time.

VOTER SUPPRESSION? Not one bit!

Quote:

Jesus Garcia, 40, was born in Texas. He has his voter card as well as an expired form of photo identification that works just fine for most purposes. But under the Texas law, that isn't enough proof, because his ID has been expired for too long. Getting another form of identification is difficult because his birth certificate, along with his wallet, was stolen about a year ago.

"I'm barely working, I don't have enough money to get my ID," Garcia, who works as a dishwasher at an IHOP restaurant, told HuffPost. He would have to pay roughly $30 to obtain a new copy of his birth certificate and a new card, according to the Brennan Center for Justice. Garcia has made two trips to the Department of Public Safety to obtain an identification card, but has been unsuccessful. He believes the law was passed to make it more difficult for people like him to vote.

"If I had money to go get my birth certificate and all that, I wouldn't be having trouble right now," Garcia said. "But like I said, money's down."

So, all he has to do is pay $30 and it is taken care of. He will need the ID to do everything from drive to get cold medicine to open a bank account. He let his ID expire. Hence it meets my statement, HE HAS OR CAN EASILY GET ID! If he wants to never change jobs and live in the underground economy because he refuses to cough up $30 is up to him.

Quote:

She's registered to vote in Texas, not the state her ID is from where she used to live before. In America, you cannot vote where you are not regisitered to vote.

Then she needs to get a Texas ID. Student IDs are not secure like state-issued ones are. And they do not prove residency as they generally have no expiration date. If she wants to vote in Texas she needs to do what responsible adults do, surrender her ID from the other state and get one for Texas. IOW, SHE HAS OR CAN EASILY GET ID! Laziness is not an excuse for not getting an ID.

VOTER SUPPRESSION? Not one bit!--though I will say again this is the perfect example of why we need ID laws as otherwise she could easily vote in two states.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 30th, 2014 at 4:36:35 PM permalink
It's not in the constitution requiring id, so i'm against it if voting is denied outright. I carry my thumb around, so why isn't this acceptable id?
I am a robot.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
October 30th, 2014 at 4:39:57 PM permalink

So, all he has to do is pay $30 and it is taken care of. He will need the ID to do everything from drive to get cold medicine to open a bank account. He let his ID expire. Hence it meets my statement, HE HAS OR CAN EASILY GET ID! If he wants to never change jobs and live in the underground economy because he refuses to cough up $30 is up to him.

How is this not a poll tax something that is specifically made illegal. Also 30 bucks is not an insignificant amount to some people. As of right now he doesn't need an ID for anything but voting. He has a job, probably doesn't drive, and either may already have a bank account or may simply lack the funds to make a bank account worth while given minimum balances. Also if you say all he has to do is cough up 30 dollars to vote where do you draw the line. Say later they require a super special ID 1000 dollars or a million dollars. Hey if you want to vote all you have to do is cough up the money. Of course you would call that ridiculous since a million dollars is a lot of money to you but for some people a spare 30 bucks to spend on an ID is basically as far out of the realm of possibilities as a million is. Of course this is why all poll taxes regardless of how large were banned including 2.00 poll tax which would equate to 14 dollars or so now.

Also
Quote: AzDufman

And I simply ask, "why did she refuse to pay her parking tickets?" Ever hear "ignorance of the law is no excuse?" There were procedures to let her get a new ID card or vote by mail. She missed both deadlines. BOO HOO HOO. Perhaps next time she will park in a legal zone, pay her tickets, or request a ballot in time.

She is paying the tickets. She cannot pay them in a lump sum due to lack of funds but she is paying them. Again its great that you have this spare money liking around but in the modern age voting isn't just for rich land owners we let the poor do it to which means we cannot and should not erect barriers preventing poor people from voting.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 30th, 2014 at 4:48:21 PM permalink

Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/30/texas-voter-id_n_6076536.html

Not sure what the prize is, but I'll take it. Perhaps it's a autographed Sam Stein letter on why all the current polls may be wrong, or better yet, a date with Arianna.

Me, I just cant wait to see their headlines Wednesday Morning, or make that "excuses"
rxwine
rxwine
October 30th, 2014 at 5:01:59 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Me, I just cant wait to see their headlines Wednesday Morning, or make that "excuses"

I actually hope they don't because it's just ignoring the current polling. Right now, the Senate will probably go blue. It will only be a surprise if they squeak by.

Then I expect to hear excuses.

oops red, not blue.

Wishful thinking. Freudian slip. one of those.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2014 at 5:28:11 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

How is this not a poll tax something that is specifically made illegal. Also 30 bucks is not an insignificant amount to some people. As of right now he doesn't need an ID for anything but voting. He has a job, probably doesn't drive, and either may already have a bank account or may simply lack the funds to make a bank account worth while given minimum balances. Also if you say all he has to do is cough up 30 dollars to vote where do you draw the line. Say later they require a super special ID 1000 dollars or a million dollars. Hey if you want to vote all you have to do is cough up the money. Of course you would call that ridiculous since a million dollars is a lot of money to you but for some people a spare 30 bucks to spend on an ID is basically as far out of the realm of possibilities as a million is. Of course this is why all poll taxes regardless of how large were banned including 2.00 poll tax which would equate to 14 dollars or so now.

It is not a poll tax because ID is used for many other things. The $30 is not to vote, it is to get an ID. To get a copy of his birth certificate. Sorry, he needs to pay up. Tell be you don't care to go get your ID. Tell me the weather was bad. Tell me you do not like my necktie. But don't insult my intelligence and tell me over the period of well over a year you cannot come up with $30.

Quote:

She is paying the tickets. She cannot pay them in a lump sum due to lack of funds but she is paying them. Again its great that you have this spare money liking around but in the modern age voting isn't just for rich land owners we let the poor do it to which means we cannot and should not erect barriers preventing poor people from voting.

She is paying because the state forced the issue by suspending her license BECAUSE SHE REFUSED TO PAY UNTIL THEY DID! All she had to do was not park in an illegal zone *several times*! TicketS--PLURAL!

We do let poor people vote, we just say bring some kind of ID so you can verify who you are. That is not a "poll tax," it is just common sense.

EDIT: Before anyone says there is "no voter fraud" think again!
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
October 30th, 2014 at 10:25:21 PM permalink
"Dat b raycis an shit" seems to always be the default position of the lefist vermin. I depise republiscums well because they are merely controlled opposition but it is true that the demorats can't win unless they cheat, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 2:49:26 AM permalink
Quote: soxfan

"Dat b raycis an shit" seems to always be the default position of the lefist vermin. I depise republiscums well because they are merely controlled opposition but it is true that the demorats can't win unless they cheat, hey hey.

Well there is no voter fraud going on they say!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 31st, 2014 at 3:33:06 AM permalink
please warn when automatic-starting video is at a link, thanks

a commerical too! NR, say it ain't so!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Twirdman
Twirdman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:08:21 AM permalink

Well there is no voter fraud going on they say!

How would those cases be stopped by voter ID though. Even in the total shit that is O'Keefe the guy said he had an ID and who knows what else that hackjob edited out. As to the study they pointed out the possibility of illegals voting and from what I heard of that study there were some major problems with the methodology but does not point out at all how voter ID would have prevented this since even in the article you cite it talks about them being able to get IDs. Also given the amount of scrutiny that went into the Franken win and the many months it took to declare a winner I'm fairly sure the attorney for Franken's opponent would have had any vote cast by a non-citizen thrown out.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:15:10 AM permalink

How would those cases be stopped by voter ID though. Even in the total shit that is O'Keefe the guy said he had an ID and who knows what else that hackjob edited out. As to the study they pointed out the possibility of illegals voting and from what I heard of that study there were some major problems with the methodology but does not point out at all how voter ID would have prevented this since even in the article you cite it talks about them being able to get IDs. Also given the amount of scrutiny that went into the Franken win and the many months it took to declare a winner I'm fairly sure the attorney for Franken's opponent would have had any vote cast by a non-citizen thrown out.

The simplest way is to stamp any DL, etc with the words "NON CITIZEN, NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE." Problem solved. Either way while ID laws are not the 100% magic bullet to stop all fraud, they are the most commonsense way to start. And it is just commonsense to have a voter prove just who they are in the first place.
Twirdman
Twirdman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:27:22 AM permalink

The simplest way is to stamp any DL, etc with the words "NON CITIZEN, NOT ELIGIBLE TO VOTE." Problem solved. Either way while ID laws are not the 100% magic bullet to stop all fraud, they are the most commonsense way to start. And it is just commonsense to have a voter prove just who they are in the first place.

Assuming the state already knew that the person was a non citizen it seems it would actually just be easier to purge their name from the voter roll or prevent them from registering in the first place. The number of cases of voter fraud that could be stopped with a voter ID and not stopped in a less intrusive way are miniscule and do not outweigh the number of people who would be disenfranchised. Studies have been done showing the number of people who can legally vote and would lose that ability when forced to present ID now you can say all you want that they should have ID but the fact of the matter is they do not.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:39:24 AM permalink

Assuming the state already knew that the person was a non citizen it seems it would actually just be easier to purge their name from the voter roll or prevent them from registering in the first place. The number of cases of voter fraud that could be stopped with a voter ID and not stopped in a less intrusive way are miniscule and do not outweigh the number of people who would be disenfranchised. Studies have been done showing the number of people who can legally vote and would lose that ability when forced to present ID now you can say all you want that they should have ID but the fact of the matter is they do not.

Asking for ID is not intrusive, in fact it an accepted part of society for dozens of things. NOBODY would be disenfranchised unless they wanted to be by refusing to do the simple task of getting and bringing an ID to the polls. EVERYBODY has or can easily get an ID.

I find it funny that we do not hear the same complaints about showing ID for any other activity than voting! Not for anything from opening a bank account to getting a job to buying a case of beer. NOTHING ELSE! Which shows that the only reason to be against ID to vote is to want to enable voter fraud.
Twirdman
Twirdman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:46:09 AM permalink

Asking for ID is not intrusive, in fact it an accepted part of society for dozens of things. NOBODY would be disenfranchised unless they wanted to be by refusing to do the simple task of getting and bringing an ID to the polls. EVERYBODY has or can easily get an ID.

I find it funny that we do not hear the same complaints about showing ID for any other activity than voting! Not for anything from opening a bank account to getting a job to buying a case of beer. NOTHING ELSE! Which shows that the only reason to be against ID to vote is to want to enable voter fraud.

That's because those other things are not rights that a government has a compelling interest to protect. Government doesn't and should care whether you can get wasted at home government can and does care that you are legally allowed to vote. There are many other such rights that I feel the government has a compelling interest to protect and one should not be forced to show an ID to exercise them for instance I''m against requiring ID to protest, to exercise your right to not incriminate yourself, or a vast wealth of other rights. To compare drinking a recreational activity with no benefit to the state to voting is frankly disingenuous and stupid.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
October 31st, 2014 at 5:46:10 AM permalink

+100

I can't take anyone seriously who doesn't get these obvious points.
RonC
RonC
October 31st, 2014 at 6:19:10 AM permalink
Register to vote--provide proof that you are eligible to vote in order to be registered

Vote--provide a valid ID and the poll worker finds your name on the list showing that you are eligible to vote, you can vote

Database--all names of registered legal voters matched via database. If someone is double registered, the states are notified and take action up to and including making corrections to the records with proof (delete from one roll, add to another). People who lose the right to vote would be dropped from the database and their state's voter rolls.

Commit fraud in voting--state penalties for state infractions, federal penalties for federal infractions. If you vote fraudulently in an election that has both state and federal on the ballot, each type of vote is a new infraction. Ten votes, ten infractions.

Drivers licenses could even be the voter ID; ones not eligible to vote could be coded...V or NV...same with a state issued ID.

Would ANY system stop ALL potential fraud? Of course not; that is a red herring. The idea is to make our elections as safe as possible. Free IDs and birth certificates with proper documentation. Free transportation from churches or other groups to get there. Over 65-70-75 exempted based on a certain year (all born before ___________ are exempt).

Protecting the vote (in more ways than just ID) is not important to Democrats because they know the majority of potentially fraudulent voters would vote for Democrats.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 31st, 2014 at 6:58:46 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Protecting the vote (in more ways than just ID) is not important to Democrats because they know the majority of potentially fraudulent voters would vote for Democrats.

Nothing more needs to be said.
ams288
ams288
October 31st, 2014 at 7:52:13 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Nothing more needs to be said.

Yes, blatant lies are always a good way to end arguments.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 31st, 2014 at 8:33:21 AM permalink

+100

Severe penalties for vote fraud. That would solve the problem.
Right has no interest in solving the miniscule problem of voter fraud with severe penalties, its about supression.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 9:22:50 AM permalink

+100

Severe penalties for vote fraud. That would solve the problem.

Of course it will, I mean, severe penalties for selling drugs stopped sales of illegal drugs. *facepalm*
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 9:27:25 AM permalink

That's because those other things are not rights that a government has a compelling interest to protect. Government doesn't and should care whether you can get wasted at home government can and does care that you are legally allowed to vote. There are many other such rights that I feel the government has a compelling interest to protect and one should not be forced to show an ID to exercise them for instance I''m against requiring ID to protest, to exercise your right to not incriminate yourself, or a vast wealth of other rights. To compare drinking a recreational activity with no benefit to the state to voting is frankly disingenuous and stupid.

Just because it is a "right" does not mean there are not requirements to exercise it. To say that to require an ID to vote is some kind of burden is, as you say, frankly disingenuous and stupid. The opposition to ID is both to allow voter fraud of one kind or another and to race-hustle to people who eat up the "dog-whistles" the liberals put out.

Now, if a liberal said there should be no ID or background check to buy a firearm because, "it keeps minorities from exercising their rights" then maybe I will buy it :-)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 31st, 2014 at 10:44:05 AM permalink

Now, if a liberal said there should be no ID or background check to buy a firearm because, "it keeps minorities from exercising their rights" then maybe I will buy it :-)

Why not? Modern voting rights didn't even come about until the 1960s. One could argue they're not nearly as vital as the Big 10, which includes the Second. And a wayward gun ain't gonna kill but a handful. A wayward leader will destroy an entire country.

Really though, as a non-voter who believes both left and right are completely FUBAR, I don't have a dog in this fight. But if I had to judge, I'd say the right is winning the argument. They're not perfect; there are still some questions about "disenfranchisement" and poll tax to overcome, but the base argument seems solid.

I can't even rent Beetlegeuse without an ID. And I paid more for the "right" to tote some of these guns as the guns themselves cost. I wonder how many will come to my aid when I get picked up for all this unregistered weaponry? Will the claims of disenfranchisement continue for me?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RonC
RonC
October 31st, 2014 at 11:37:21 AM permalink

What "blatant lie"?

Democrats don't want voter ID laws because they would be most helped by not having voter ID laws. They also don't want fraud, or so they say, they just don't want to prevent it, either.

If it was important to them, they'd already be trumping the GOP ID laws with those stringent voter fraud laws y'all keep tossing out there. Then they could say "we don't need that law because this one is even better!"...but we hear...crickets!!

You guys can talk about how hard it is to get an ID and we could say that we'd have "Voter ID Navigators" to get everyone through the process and you'd still say we shouldn't have to use ID's to vote. Just walk on up and tell them who you are. That works when I try to get money out of the bank every time!!
rxwine
rxwine
October 31st, 2014 at 11:44:44 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Democrats don't want voter ID laws because they would be most helped by not having voter ID laws. They also don't want fraud, or so they say, they just don't want to prevent it, either.

Republicans should prove their points by voting several times for their candidates this November and show that they can get away with it.

Go ahead.

If it's so easy to get away with, you have no reason to fear being caught.

Heck, I'll contribute to your bail fund if you get caught.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 31st, 2014 at 11:47:59 AM permalink
I don't watch any network tv so I don't know what some of the conversations are about?

I have voted since the mid 70's and IIRC I have showed photo I.D. every time. No problem. I get a little confused sometimes when they change the voting location from one firehouse to another but seem to have survived it, unscathed.

I am trapped in a LIV society and have tired from my efforts to inform my compatriots. I am neither of you'alls parties but it does seem like to claim voters are being restrained from voting because at ten minutes to midnight they can't come up with acceptable identification is truly less than your best effort at the truth.

This pc crap is hurting western civilization. How does someone travel through this country without id? As stated above, it is needed for check cashing, or using a visa card, board a plane, or....to vote. Get over it. What do you want, a country where no one has to have id, bwahahaha. Do you really think that is going to happen and some poor sob can't vote because they can't come up with 30 bucks? If they don't have money for the proper id, the missing out on a vote is not their biggest problem.
Their problem is not being smart enough to avoid this problem in the first place, especially this close to the election, better luck next time.

Most of these complainers shouldn't be allowed to vote, they are not smart enough to make rational decisions. I don't want most of them to vote,ever. I certainly don't want them to breed either. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. I don't want them around my kids or me if possible. Anytime a society has gotten this messed, the solution is a dictator. We are close, now. All that it would take right now is for the POTUS to declare martial law for a medical emergency [ebola, sars, trsts attack, etc.] and voila, no more election. And it simply galls me that the biggest issue being discussed is whether or not some disenfranchised person will cast their "rightful" vote. AAHHHH, my God people, this isn't sports, its not the nfl, this is your country, and its future.

I read most of the linked article about the hapless bastards in Texas and almost had a big faux tear in my eye,[not] however it also occurred to me that people that can't figure out not to park, in violation of parking laws,,,,are too stupid to vote. Somebody shows up at a voting booth and their identification is from out of state any you want to defend that? The min, wage worker without the funds to get id, I am calling that a contrived lie, phony, a ruse for the rubes. I suspect that person is on some state aid. They are collecting aid left and right, how do they cash their ebt, or food energy assistance without id? Bullshit.

The problems will not be fixed if we can't even speak the truth, and everyone is tired of the lies.

Please at least consider looking at this interview between Bill Moyers and Bernie Sanders, the only independent congressman, who is trying to tell you that the SCOTUS decision on citizens united is the worst decision they have made. If the truth or what the issues even are is decided for you by the agenda driven msm, how can you think that you are making an informed choice? This is a great short interview with a show on it tonight basically saying, the news is made up, the issues for the debates are contrived, you are being led down a false paradigm, and probable won't change. http://billmoyers.com/2014/10/30/bernie-sanders-big-money-big-media/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 11:52:56 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Republicans should prove their points by voting several times for their candidates this November and show that they can get away with it.

Go ahead.

O'Keefe has made several videos showing it, once almost being allowed to vote as Eric Holder. Personally I am not into committing a felony to show a felony can be committed.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 31st, 2014 at 2:39:02 PM permalink
Congo democrats say they don't want candidates with good taste, they want candidates that taste good.

http://news.yahoo.com/congo-crowd-kills-man-eats-him-militant-massacres-160235263.html
RonC
RonC
October 31st, 2014 at 3:40:12 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Go ahead.

If it's so easy to get away with, you have no reason to fear being caught.

Heck, I'll contribute to your bail fund if you get caught.

You go ahead and do it. Once you vote in several jurisdictions, please write about how easy it was in detail.

Don't worry; there won't be one cent from me in your defense fund!

Okay. Maybe one.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 5:17:13 PM permalink
We might have found a way to get liberals to agree to end this "early voting" nonsense.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 31st, 2014 at 5:26:10 PM permalink

We might have found a way to get liberals to agree to end this "early voting" nonsense.

Maybe the stoners can't find the polls? Another trick by the republicans.
terapined
terapined
October 31st, 2014 at 5:34:44 PM permalink

That's fantastic.
I love it.
Colorado making it easy to vote.
I am absolutely for early voting.
I rarely vote on election day. In fact , plan on voting tomorrow. The race for Governor is pretty heated here in FL.
If more republicans then dems take advantage of this, hey, that's democracy.
You go Colorado, what a state, you can inhale and vote early :-)

I have no interest in suppressing the right wings right to vote. One citizen, one vote regardless if left or right. Let the chips fall wherever they fall.

Conservatives living in sparsely populated areas with a long drive to the polls, I encourage them all to vote via mail.
I encourage all lawmakers to make the vote by mail system easy for these citizens.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 31st, 2014 at 6:17:22 PM permalink

Conservatives living in sparsely populated areas with a long drive to the polls, I encourage them all to vote via mail.
I encourage all lawmakers to make the vote by mail system easy for these citizens.

The thing is that these are the voters who always seem to be able to make it to the polls without help. It is the people in the city who live a few blocks away that always need "help."
terapined
terapined
October 31st, 2014 at 6:27:28 PM permalink

The thing is that these are the voters who always seem to be able to make it to the polls without help. It is the people in the city who live a few blocks away that always need "help."

It is tough in the city. Who wants to wait in a 3 hour line to vote. Those in rural areas are lucky, they drive, no line, vote, go home. A lot quicker then the horrible lines those in the city have to deal with.
Twirdman
Twirdman
October 31st, 2014 at 7:24:07 PM permalink

O'Keefe has made several videos showing it, once almost being allowed to vote as Eric Holder. Personally I am not into committing a felony to show a felony can be committed.

Seriously O'Keefe he is a hack and a liar. His claim to fame the Acorn 2009 videos were found to be significantly edited to misrepresent what was going on. Hence why he settled out of a lawsuit with former Acorn employees and investigations found no wrong doing by Acorn. Of course he had won by that point having gained fame and having Acorn shut down but it was total BS. His NPR audio was shown to be crap by the Blaze of all places. There are of course also plenty of other highly and selectively edited videos. But I'm sure this one video he released is totes honest because O'Keefe would never be a lying scumbag he is a man of principle and the earlier transgressions were mere mistake not deliberate right.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
October 31st, 2014 at 8:14:06 PM permalink
Have you no shame, sir , have you no shame ? James O'Keefe attained Eagle Scout, the highest rank in the Boy Scouts of America
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
October 31st, 2014 at 8:17:41 PM permalink

How is this not a poll tax something that is specifically made illegal. Also 30 bucks is not an insignificant amount to some people. As of right now he doesn't need an ID for anything but voting. .

Pretty sure it's the law to always have ID once you are an adult. If you don't have one, they can fine you...they just don't.
Twirdman
Twirdman
October 31st, 2014 at 10:13:08 PM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

Pretty sure it's the law to always have ID once you are an adult. If you don't have one, they can fine you...they just don't.

Where did you hear this http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/02/do-you-have-to-carry-id-with-you-at-all-times.html . In no state are you required to have an ID or face a fine.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 31st, 2014 at 10:46:54 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I
Please at least consider looking at this interview between Bill Moyers and Bernie Sanders, the only independent congressman, who is trying to tell you that the SCOTUS decision on citizens united is the worst decision they have made. If the truth or what the issues even are is decided for you by the agenda driven msm, how can you think that you are making an informed choice? This is a great short interview with a show on it tonight basically saying, the news is made up, the issues for the debates are contrived, you are being led down a false paradigm, and probable won't change. http://billmoyers.com/2014/10/30/bernie-sanders-big-money-big-media/

Part two;http://vimeo.com/110546752

Between 17:00 and 22:00 I thought explained the gist of it best.

The Koch brothers want to shut down Social Security, is that what YOU want also?
With the pensions looted, with your money debased, and "free trade" anything but helpful to the working class as a country is this what we want to do is eliminate any safety net for the elderly?

You are not going to find a politician that you agree with more than 90% of the time, but at least listen to a different [although progressive] approach besides the continual left/right examples that we have been living with that is sinking our country.
HeathWescom
HeathWescom
November 1st, 2014 at 12:55:50 AM permalink
As soon as we surf the internet and looking for the jammer products we can see that there are various types of signal jammers that are for sale in the market now such as the mobile phone jammers, GPS jammers, wifi jammers, rf jammer, UHF jammers, the multi-functional signal jammersand so many others kinds of signal jammers for sale as well. And what people now need to do is just select the best one according to their needs.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 1st, 2014 at 2:39:08 AM permalink

It is tough in the city. Who wants to wait in a 3 hour line to vote. Those in rural areas are lucky, they drive, no line, vote, go home. A lot quicker then the horrible lines those in the city have to deal with.

Perhaps if they got out of bed before noon there would be less of a line?

Seriously, I do not buy this hours to vote thing. Sporadically possibly. But generally, no. And FWIW the longest line I ever had was in the most rural area I ever lived.
terapined
terapined
November 1st, 2014 at 5:35:19 AM permalink

Perhaps if they got out of bed before noon there would be less of a line?

Seriously, I do not buy this hours to vote thing. Sporadically possibly. But generally, no. And FWIW the longest line I ever had was in the most rural area I ever lived.

I love early voting because voting for working people like me, its very tough.
I mean cmon, you don't want to give us working people in the cities a break.
"Get out of bed before noon", why make that insulting comment (Mods, its a very light insult,no suspensions please)
I have no idea why you think voters in a city like me have the option of getting up around noon.
I get up at 6am. I could get up later but I would rather take a longer bike ride to work then the quicker drive so I set my alarm clock earlier.
If I am lucky, I only have a 30 min widow to vote at the end of the day. If held up at work which is common, I have no opportunity to vote.
That's why after posting this, voting this morning.
2008 I voted early and waited in a 2 hour line, yea I went on a Saturday afternoon, rush hour time for voting here.
Going there this AM saturday, hopefully no line. But this is a city.
  • Jump to: