Can you prove mathematically that its easier? I don't
think so..

1 red from 5 spins happens more often than 5 reds in 5 spins:

RRRRR is the only way it happens to have 5 reds in 5 spins

RBBBBB
BRBBBB
BBRBBB
BBBBRB
BBBBBR are the five ways you can have just one red in 5 spins.

It's 5 times more likely to see 1 red in 5, than 5 reds in 5.

This 'fact' does you no good for predicting the next spin, of course. I have no idea what the OP is actually trying to say. I gave up with the crazy, badly formatted wall of text.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
BlueAngel
BlueAngel
  • Threads: 6
March 22nd, 2013 at 4:28:21 PM permalink
Give me a coin and I will show you!:-)
Author of "BlueAngel system" and "RNG & ROULETTE WHEELS" available at Amazon and at www.theultimategamblingcollection.com
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 22nd, 2013 at 4:39:05 PM permalink
I don't understand the original post. One guy is an idiot, another is apparently being sued. And Mike may or may not be cold-blooded. OK. But also, wheels, dice, lotto balls, and coins do not have brains and therefore are incapable of having memories.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 22nd, 2013 at 4:54:47 PM permalink
I'm trying to figure out why something that happened 12 years ago is pertinent today, and what the Lizard's involvement is.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 302
March 22nd, 2013 at 5:13:07 PM permalink
I'm glad you guys got something out of this. As for me, I have no clue what any single sentence is supposed to mean, and I will gladly remain ignorant.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
March 22nd, 2013 at 5:34:24 PM permalink
A cut and paste job.

see ... http://saliu.com/Chip.html
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
March 22nd, 2013 at 5:39:49 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

1 red from 5 spins happens more often than 5 reds in 5 spins:

In a million spins this is true?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 22nd, 2013 at 5:57:55 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

In a million spins this is true?

Don't quite know what you are asking.

If I repeat the test 200,000 times, I'll see the all red pattern of 5 a 1 fifth as much a the one red and four black pattern. EACH of those patterns is equally likely, so yes.

If you are asking about looking for a string of five reds in 1 million results, and a string of four blacks and one red in a million results, I -think- it's fives times more likely to see the 4/1 pattern than the string of five. But something in the back of my head tells me that it might not be a 1:5 ratio.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
March 22nd, 2013 at 6:41:10 PM permalink
It is in the sincere hope of exposing false prophets who preach that Mr. Ion Sailu's a tribune of the oppressed that this letter is offered to an intelligent and discriminating public. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and keep the faith. Unfortunately, lackadaisical, unforgiving poltroons who exert more and more control over other individuals make no effort to contend with the inevitable consequences of that action.

It's petulant for Mr. Sailu to compromise the free and open nature of public discourse. Or perhaps I should say, it's stingy. He wants to break down traditional values. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

Why is Mr. Sailu really so dastardly? Is it because you'd have to be a real gobemouche to believe that jingoism is the only alternative to Marxism? Or because he has a reckoning coming? Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about his imperious behavior but about the way that when I say that his success comes from his prowess at marketing his noxious jeremiads to an impressionable but not particularly discerning public, this does not, I repeat, does not mean that the Universe belongs to him by right. This is a common fallacy held by self-absorbed deviants.

Whenever someone tells Mr. Sailu not to use incendiarism as a weapon for systematic political cleansing of the population, Mr. Sailu gets all teary-eyed. My, my; how sad. My heart bleeds for him; it really does. When lying and evidence-tampering fail, he usually turns to outright intimidation to help contemptuous fugitives evade capture by the authorities. To pretend otherwise is nothing but hypocrisy and unwillingness to face the more unpleasant realities of life.

Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and Mr. Sailu has never disproved anything I've ever written. He does, however, often try to discredit me by means of flagrant misquotations, by attributing to me views that I've never expressed. In the end, Mr. Sailu's torchbearers should commit to a process that respects civil liberties, civil rights, and civil discourse. One should therefore conclude, ipso facto, that I am reminded of the quote, "Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of yellow-bellied, cold-blooded scammers." This comment is not as hectoring as it seems because by refusing to act, by refusing to deal with Mr. Sailu's stinking campaigns on a case-by-case basis, we are giving Mr. Sailu the power to honeyfuggle us into believing that children should belong to the state. By this, I mean that when Mr. Sailu stated that he has a "special" perspective on cronyism that carries with it a "special" right to silence anyone whom he considers reprehensible, I concluded that he was entirely hate-filled. Now that he claims that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash, I avouch that he's crossed the line into post-rationalist neo-Hegelianism.

Forgive me, dear reader, but I must be so tactless as to remind you that the most filthy dipsomaniacs you'll ever see are born, not made. That dictum is as unimpeachable as the "poeta nascitur, non fit" that it echoes and as irreproachable as the brocard that Mr. Sailu always cavils at my attempts to hit hard, with accuracy, and not pull any punches. That's probably because Mr. Sailu claims that the betterment of society depends upon his ignoring compromise and focusing solely on his personal agenda. I have my told-you-so's primed and ready to go as soon as people start noticing that by letting Mr. Sailu do something as lawless as that, we are forgetting that he's doing some pretty sinful things. Or, to restate that without meiosis, Mr. Sailu wants all of us to believe that his missives epitomize wholesome family entertainment. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media.

This is not Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia, where the state would be eager to feed information from sources inside the government to organizations with particularly bitter agendas. Not yet, at least. But Mr. Sailu is widely seen as unforgivable for fleecing us. Expect him to lay low for a while and allow public amnesia to expurgate the immediacy of his sins. Afterwards, he'll surely return to replacing law and order with anarchy and despotism. My hope, though, is that the second time around, people will be aware of the fact that Mr. Sailu's drugged-out opinions can be quite educational. By studying them, students can observe firsthand the consequences of having a mind consumed with paranoia, fear, hatred, and ignorance.

Mr. Sailu claims that everyone who scrambles aboard the Ion Sailu bandwagon is guaranteed a smooth ride. That story is full of more holes than a cheap hooker with a piercing fetish and a heroin habit. No one can claim to know the specific source of his propositions, but separatism, sensationalism, and revisionism follow his footsteps. Wherever Mr. Sailu goes, such things are sure to sprout up. The implication is that there are those who are informed and educated about the evils of savagism, and there are those who are not. Mr. Sailu is one of the uninformed, naturally, and that's why he writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that Mr. Sailu constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to his readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that I once told Mr. Sailu that he does not play nice with others. How did he respond to that? He proceeded to curse me off using a number of colorful expletives not befitting this letter, which serves only to show that the television-addicted, drone inhabitants of Mr. Sailu's rotting empire of parasitism uniformly believe that Mr. Sailu can bring about peace and prosperity for the whole of humanity through violence, deception, oppression, exploitation, graft, and theft. Well, I have news for such wishy-washy humanity-haters: Mr. Sailu seems to be involved in a number of illegal or borderline-illegal activities. For him and his trained seals, tax evasion and financial chicanery are scarcely outside the norm. Even financial fraud and thievery seem to be okay. What's next? Seeking vengeance on those unrepentant souls who persist in challenging his conceits? I can say only that if history follows its course, it should be evident that it's easy for armchair philosophers to theorize about Mr. Sailu and about hypothetical solutions to our Mr. Sailu problem. It's an entirely more difficult matter, however, when one considers that he's obviously under the influence of LSD or some other hallucinogenic. Why else would Mr. Sailu allege that five-crystal orgone generators can eliminate mind-control energies that are being radiated from secret, underground, government facilities?

Mr. Sailu's adages have created a diabolic universe devoid of logic and evidence. Only within this universe does it make sense to say that it's okay to pervert the course of justice. Only within this universe does it make sense to cement the foundation of our currently metastasizing police state into the law of the land. And, only if we address the continued social injustice shown by namby-pamby cumber-grounds can we destroy this haughty, lubricious universe of his and name and shame his apparatchiks for their rambunctious acts of pauperism. Does Mr. Sailu have a point? I doubt it.

Mr. Sailu snorts around like a truffle pig in search of proof that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us. I suspect that the only thing that Mr. Sailu will find from such a search is that I wish that one of the innumerable busybodies who are forever making "statistical studies" about nonsense would instead make a statistical study that means something. For example, I'd like to see a statistical study of Mr. Sailu's capacity to learn the obvious. Also worthwhile would be a statistical study of how many stultiloquent, stolid creeps realize that knowledge and wisdom are Mr. Sailu's enemies. He understands that by limiting education and enlightenment, he can fool more people into believing that those of us who oppose him would rather run than fight. Sadly, those with the least education are those who would benefit most from the knowledge that Mr. Sailu wants us to believe that he's above everyone else. How stupid does he think we are? If you believe that we can all live together happily without laws, like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune, then you won't understand my answer no matter how carefully I explain it. You won't understand my answer if you insist that Mr. Sailu's delusional gang is a benign and charitable agency. However, you have a chance at understanding my answer if you're open-minded enough to realize that Mr. Sailu formulates his dissertations in a precarious latticework between the nettlesome and the snappish. The best example of this, culled from many, would have to be the time Mr. Sailu tried to reinvent and manipulate words and criminalize ideas. The only way out of Mr. Ion Sailu's rat maze is to listen to others. It's that simple.
NO KILL I
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
March 22nd, 2013 at 6:50:14 PM permalink
Mosca, you realize Sailu's grasp of English is on about the
5th grade level and your post about him won't be understood.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: