June 8th, 2012 at 7:16:38 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 8th, 2012 at 7:38:35 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

disturbing sight was a pregnant woman drinking a glass of wine with her husband and
friends
- just lovely

I could maybe see a person or two legitimately not knowing how unbelievably stupid that is (hey, they found a jury for the Roger Clemens trial...), but not one person in a GROUP thought to mention the danger?

Hmmm...maybe she was not pregnant but instead had a giant tumor from that time that she drank the glowing green ooze from the TGRI plant up the road?

Edit: is it bad that my first thought on reading that was "Jane, you ignorant slut"
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
June 8th, 2012 at 8:08:11 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

disturbing sight was a pregnant woman drinking a glass of wine with her husband and
friends - just lovely

Red wine? If it's a single glass then it's a non-issue, now if she's drunk then that's an entirely different situation.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 8th, 2012 at 9:45:45 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Red wine? If it's a single glass then it's a non-issue, now if she's drunk then that's an entirely different situation.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking a single glass of red wine when you are pregnant. It is actually recommended by many doctors and midwifes.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
June 9th, 2012 at 4:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking a single glass of red wine when you are pregnant. It is actually recommended by many doctors and midwifes.

You are better at finding these links. Please refer to one doctor that RECOMMENDS any alcoholic consumption during pregnancy.
only1choice
only1choice
  • Threads: 59
June 9th, 2012 at 4:53:07 AM permalink
Excuse the hijacking just responding **I don't know about that.

http://www.nofas.org/advocate/Wine_and_Pregnancy.aspx
IF YOU PLAY "PLAY TO WIN"
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
June 9th, 2012 at 5:36:21 AM permalink
It was white wine and if the Revel allowed smoking, pehaps she would have lit one up - ughhhhhhh

that ends an aceofspades-itorial - time to shower, have breakfast and take a quick walk on the boardwalk for some fresh ocean air then back to the tables!!!
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 10th, 2012 at 1:35:39 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You are better at finding these links. Please refer to one doctor that RECOMMENDS any alcoholic consumption during pregnancy.

LIGHT DRINKING SAID OK FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
While binge drinking is still harmful, pregnant women can safely consume small amounts of alcohol. Drinking just a little could also help pregnant women relax, Kelly said. Plenty of recent studies have pointed out the risk of maternal stress to fetal development. A relaxed parenting style could be beneficial, too.

I have heard doctors advise women that drinking helps them relax. They are usually very careful about the second drink, and not drinking daily. However, I admit, that they are reluctant to put it in writing, as it exposes them to lawsuits.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
June 10th, 2012 at 4:50:32 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

LIGHT DRINKING SAID OK FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
While binge drinking is still harmful, pregnant women can safely consume small amounts of alcohol. Drinking just a little could also help pregnant women relax, Kelly said. Plenty of recent studies have pointed out the risk of maternal stress to fetal development. A relaxed parenting style could be beneficial, too.

I have heard doctors advise women that drinking helps them relax. They are usually very careful about the second drink, and not drinking daily. However, I admit, that they are reluctant to put it in writing, as it exposes them to lawsuits.

I read the article. I stand by my original question. Can you refer to ONE doctor that RECOMMENDS any alcoholic consumption during pregnancy. You say you have 'heard' doctors advise women that drinking helps them relax. Can you name one that you 'heard'? None of the people mentioned in that article have an M.D. after their name. Why would someone be reluctant to put something in writing if there is EVIDENCE that is factual?
By the way, just to be clear, if I was asked by a pregnant women "Is drinking one glass of wine a week while pregnant OK?", my answer would be this-
It is likely to be OK, but there is no way to be sure. It is clear that excessive drinking is linked with bad outcomes for a baby. It is not clear exactly when minor damage might start. So I would recommend against you drinking any alcohol during your pregnancy."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
June 10th, 2012 at 5:05:29 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It is likely to be OK, but there is no way to be sure. It is clear that excessive drinking is linked with bad outcomes for a baby. It is not clear exactly when minor damage might start. So I would recommend against you drinking any alcohol during your pregnancy."

Compare this mild warning to the blast some were giving the poor lady in question. Don't remember if you were one of them.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder

• Jump to: