12 votes (24%)
31 votes (62%)
7 votes (14%)

50 members have voted

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
July 14th, 2011 at 8:19:47 PM permalink
So, things are getting a little out of control on the board. Some discussions seem to be flooding the recent threads list, making it hard to pay attention to anything else. (yes, I realize I'm partially to blame for that.) Since it's possible to block users but not threads, it seems like another solution might be needed. I have an idea about that, so I've created this poll.

It seems to me that most of the posts that are plugging things up are posted in the "betting systems" area. I propose that the betting systems forum should be supressed from the recent threads list, and I am wondering if others agree with me. I don't think it should be taken away entirely, as it does interest some members. But I think it might be better for the community as a whole if the betting systems area were treated like the free-speech zone of GLBT area where posts are recorded but not listed in the "recent threads" list. People wanting to read about betting systems would simply need to more proactively seek that area out.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 14th, 2011 at 9:54:13 PM permalink
it's just a phase.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 14th, 2011 at 10:20:14 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

it's just a phase.

So we thought of Jerry and MKL.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
MarieBicurie
MarieBicurie
  • Threads: 4
July 14th, 2011 at 10:20:44 PM permalink
I do think that it brings the quality of discussion and ultimately the intelligence of the forum down a few pegs. I also highly doubt that it is a phase that will go away in time.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 230
July 14th, 2011 at 11:12:05 PM permalink
Perhaps a better solution is the development of the option for each user to customize which discussions will appear on their "recent" list. That way you can take or leave whatever interests you.

As for the betting systems threads, I don't mind them, but I don't read all of them either. I suppose the folks who are interested in them could say the same about the "game design" thread. It's a tough call to decide for everyone. It may be better to err on the side of too many displayed than not enough.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 261
July 14th, 2011 at 11:20:13 PM permalink
Suppress the errant posters if you wish, but not the posts.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 14th, 2011 at 11:41:53 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Perhaps a better solution is the development of the option for each user to customize which discussions will appear on their "recent" list. That way you can take or leave whatever interests you.

Plus one... that's the way to deal with it, allow suppression of entire sections for those who want it.

I enjoy the systems section.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
WizardofEngland
WizardofEngland
  • Threads: 61
July 15th, 2011 at 1:37:47 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Plus one... that's the way to deal with it, allow suppression of entire sections for those who want it.

I enjoy the systems section.

Doesn't bother me so much, you don't have to click on them. Either ban them all together, or keep it as it is.
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/10042-woes-black-sheep-game-ii/#post151727
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 175
July 15th, 2011 at 4:48:45 AM permalink
They don't bother me much either. As long as they have a relevant title, they are easy to ignore.

Banish them? No.

Regardless of what anyone or the smart money thinks about "systems", whether for sports or for regular betting, there should be no encoumberances to free discussion.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
July 15th, 2011 at 4:55:52 AM permalink
I kind of enjoy them. I like when the math whizzes come out and prove how they won't work; like the recent one about craps, where there were bets all over the place, mostly hedging and on the don't side.

• Jump to: