Thread Rating:

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 26th, 2014 at 7:18:13 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Vailed in the urban dictionary - Totaled, crashed, wrecked
Vailed Free dictionary - To lower ( a banner) , To doff ones hat.

Ode to Joy is the poem sung during the 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th

Premier performance, Beethoven was old and deaf. A veiled Joy for Beethoven since he couldn't hear his composition?

It makes me think of come betting in a craps game. A game within a game. This is more fun than come betting though, less expensive also.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 26th, 2014 at 7:33:36 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

It makes me think of come betting in a craps game. A game within a game. This is more fun than come betting though, less expensive also.

The play's the thing...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 26th, 2014 at 8:51:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Rule 4 Violation, Disclosure of Private Communication.

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Need some new material. Boy Joy wasn't worthy of the honor bestowed upon Tournament King. I would have went with "Sorry, too many cooks. You spoiled the broth."
I am a robot.
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 26th, 2014 at 9:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

The play's the thing...

Heck yeah, its not something a random observer would pick up on.

Good deal pup made it home.Did you talk to the doc about his snoring, you two might have to get separate rooms?
aceofspades
aceofspades
November 26th, 2014 at 9:47:10 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Heck yeah, its not something a random observer would pick up on.

Good deal pup made it home.Did you talk to the doc about his snoring, you two might have to get separate rooms?

They are known for their snoring - nothing to do about it
If I could post an audio file here I would (suggestions?)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 26th, 2014 at 10:04:16 PM permalink

They pick on you because you make it fun. Do we need to send you back to elementary school to learn this? Pretend you don't see it and they'll go away.
I am a robot.
aceofspades
aceofspades
November 26th, 2014 at 10:09:55 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

They pick on you because you make it fun. Do we need to send you back to elementary school to learn this? Pretend you don't see it and they'll go away.

Where was someone making fun of me?
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 26th, 2014 at 10:35:29 PM permalink

Nah man, I can't even get my wife to stop snoring.:<)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
November 26th, 2014 at 10:45:28 PM permalink

Where was someone making fun of me?

Yeah every time your adventures are questioned.
I am a robot.
aceofspades
aceofspades
November 26th, 2014 at 11:14:18 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Yeah every time your adventures are questioned.

Ok you threw me off because you quoted my statement about my dog lol
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 27th, 2014 at 11:18:37 AM permalink
Being an historical day for acknowledging our blessings and gifts.

It would be great if the forum owners would grant clemency to our suspended members instead of having them serve out the rest of their sentences.

Otherwise, it looks like 2 more days till we get our fremont street commando [aka Mickey Crimm] returned, so we can all be one "big happy family" again?

Wonder if JB could somehow bar his posts between midnight and noon?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 27th, 2014 at 12:04:40 PM permalink
Interesting idea. I'd be for abolishing the entire suspension list. It's outdated for the most part, it serves no real purpose and it's a eyesore. Anyone can register here at anytime and that includes banned members. We see it all too often. Most murderers get out of jail at some point. What's the worst that can happen?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 27th, 2014 at 2:08:27 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Interesting idea. I'd be for abolishing the entire suspension list. It's outdated for the most part, it serves no real purpose and it's a eyesore. Anyone can register here at anytime and that includes banned members. We see it all too often. Most murderers get out of jail at some point. What's the worst that can happen?

Eliminating members currently on suspension, I don't see anyone on the Nuked list that hurts the forum by not being here. They knew the rules and make their choices. That said, I liked Buzz, but he knew what would happen if he kept pushing it, yet he still did.
charles
charles
  • Threads: 0
November 27th, 2014 at 2:36:24 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Eliminating members currently on suspension, I don't see anyone on the Nuked list that hurts the forum by not being here. They knew the rules and make their choices. That said, I liked Buzz, but he knew what would happen if he kept pushing it, yet he still did.

I have known buzz way too long. I know he did not take his sospensional personal. As a matter of fact if anyone has a good mailing address for Zuga, pm me and I will relay it to Buzz. He said something about mailing Zuga a hat, go toshow there are no hard feelings.
rxwine
rxwine
November 27th, 2014 at 2:39:43 PM permalink

Most murderers get out of jail at some point. What's the worst that can happen?

Great example.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Johnboy
Johnboy
November 27th, 2014 at 2:49:08 PM permalink
Quote: charles

I have known buzz way too long. I know he did not take his sospensional personal. As a matter of fact if anyone has a good mailing address for Zuga, pm me and I will relay it to Buzz. He said something about mailing Zuga a hat, go toshow there are no hard feelings.

This is great news. I known egalite a long time but I'm definitely not him just like charles isn't buzzard so the mods can't ban either one of us since we're just friends of the banned members and not the members themselves.
Stupendous!
charles
charles
November 27th, 2014 at 2:50:41 PM permalink
Terapinned, I grew up in baltimore as did both buzz and mike. And 1 or 2 other members. I told buzz about your post regarding Barry Levinson. Buzz knew him, just to swy hi to wt benny, s poolroom or thediner. In the movie thedinner, Fat Earl is based on Fat Earl Maagid, buzz, s hustling partner. Barry runied alot of great stories for Buzz. Worse yet his cousin Jay Landsman. Baltimore cop in real life, character on homicide in thestreets, which jay cowrote. Munch on law and order bas3d on jay and he was tech advisor on thwt series for years.

Once buzz said he wastelling a real life story to mike and mike sqid hesawthat on law and order already.

I googled jay landsman recently for thehell of it. Found bithjay and jerry lwndsman retired from baltimore cops. Side bat. 2 black males who spent years on death row recently released as innocent. 2seperate crimes. Only link isone says he was framed by jay landsman. The other swys jerry landsman framed him. Each one is suing jerry or jay for millions.

but, hey, who you gonna believe? Buzzs cousins or 2 convicted murderers ?

but
1BB
1BB
November 27th, 2014 at 3:05:21 PM permalink

Charles, Charles, Charles. You need some new material. That "hat trick" is getting old. I like Buzz too. In some ways you remind me of him. If you tell us you have a wife named Josie I'm going to become suspicious.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
charles
charles
November 27th, 2014 at 3:15:36 PM permalink
I think that hat trick started on the WWE or NHL. I get two confused a lot. Probably becau.se I prefer professional sports.

Next time I see Buzz, I will tell him of your concerns. He is always receptive to constructive criticism. Unlike an unnamed forum owner.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
November 27th, 2014 at 3:24:08 PM permalink
No need for clemency, I see a few banned members posting on this thread today anyway!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
charles
charles
November 27th, 2014 at 3:27:35 PM permalink
Really ?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 27th, 2014 at 4:20:47 PM permalink

I think that hat trick started on the WWE or NHL. I get two confused a lot. Probably becau.se I prefer professional sports.

Next time I see Buzz, I will tell him of your concerns. He is always receptive to constructive criticism. Unlike an unnamed forum owner.

Get new material, Buzz. Or Charles.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
charles
charles
November 27th, 2014 at 4:27:31 PM permalink
My last reference to buzzard Trust me.
Johnboy
Johnboy
November 27th, 2014 at 4:28:16 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

No need for clemency, I see a few banned members posting on this thread today anyway!

What in gods name do you mean? Neither me or charles is a banned member. charles is buzzards friend, and I'm egalite's friend. What's it to you anyway mate?

Maybe DMSCR's friend will post next !! lolol
Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 142
November 27th, 2014 at 4:33:59 PM permalink
Skepticus & Fergusleepark is/are banned for Duplicate Accounts.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
1BB
1BB
November 28th, 2014 at 3:34:30 AM permalink
Forum Rule 3 prohibits free advertising. It is to the point and easy to understand, yet I have a question.

Is it allowed to put a web site, link or advertisement in one's signature? If yes, must prior permission be obtained?
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
  • Threads: 50
November 28th, 2014 at 10:33:52 AM permalink

Oh yes Ill make sure of it... buZZzzzzz...... zzzz...yawn...
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
1BB
1BB
November 28th, 2014 at 10:46:17 AM permalink

Back to DT, "charles". Don't forget your sombrero.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 29th, 2014 at 12:35:06 AM permalink
Johnboy is banned, nuclear option, for duplicate accounts/previously nuked.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
November 29th, 2014 at 2:17:44 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Egalite/John has now surpassed Jerry Logan many times over. I guess him returning is either he is working out his anger issues with tilting again or he got bored with impersonating yours truly with Al Qaeda websites in trying to get Homeland Security to knock on my door. Just too many insane and unstable nut jobs within the GG community. I really hope I don't run into this guy since he has been threatening me to hunt me down in NYC or LV. Well good luck in NYC since I don't live there anymore. LOL. As for LV he would be too occupied at the bac tables since degenerates like him can't stay away from making a bet.
1BB
1BB
November 29th, 2014 at 4:17:43 AM permalink

Johnboy was one of my favorite Waltons. Inside joke. :-)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 29th, 2014 at 5:01:00 AM permalink

Johnboy was one of my favorite Waltons. Inside joke. :-)

Try having that last name and being in high school when that was the #1 show on TV. Bleah. I'd rather brag on Sam or Bill.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
1BB
1BB
November 29th, 2014 at 5:16:41 AM permalink

Try having that last name and being in high school when that was the #1 show on TV. Bleah. I'd rather brag on Sam or Bill.

I've met Bill a couple of times. Great guy, very "laid back", huge Dead Head.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 1st, 2014 at 3:30:46 PM permalink
Earlier in this thread someone asked about whether a suspended member can receive and reply to PM's. I can confirm that you can receive PM's but you are blocked from replying to them.

Another little tip for you other habituals. If you lurk the site when you are suspended, if you are logged in your name is going to appear at the bottom of the main page all in red. If you are logged out you can lurk the site and your name will not appear. You won't be looking like a red headed step child.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
1BB
1BB
December 1st, 2014 at 3:45:11 PM permalink
You can also keep your name hidden while logged in.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 1st, 2014 at 3:57:33 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Quote:

Earlier in this thread someone asked about whether a suspended member can receive and reply to PM's. I can confirm that you can receive PM's but you are blocked from replying to them.

Sounds like somebody must like you, welcome back.

Quote:

Another little tip for you other habituals. If you lurk the site when you are suspended, if you are logged in your name is going to appear at the bottom of the main page all in red. If you are logged out you can lurk the site and your name will not appear. You won't be looking like a red headed step child.

I will have to ask what my password is so I can log out? At work they use to tell me, "do good and no one remembers, but screw up and no one forgets".
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
December 1st, 2014 at 4:03:40 PM permalink

You can also keep your name hidden while logged in.

How do you do that?
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
1BB
1BB
December 1st, 2014 at 4:05:27 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

How do you do that?

Click on preferences at the top of this page and look for hide my online status.
1BB
1BB
December 20th, 2014 at 12:21:36 PM permalink
No one has mentioned the nuking of aladyat42 so I will take this opportunity to do so in this thread entitled Discussion about the Suspension List. A few new names have gone red this week but aladyat42 is quite unique. Someone has determined that this person is BuzzPaff, aka Buzzard, aka charles.

It's different because aladyat42 joined this forum on March 10, 2011 and made his first post in one of the GLBT threads. That's almost four years ago. At that time he said that he was 42 years old, retired, 5' 3" tall and wears high heels. He called himself Chatty Cathy, posted an email and offered to send pictures of himself.

When one sharp forum member got suspicious he was chastised, accused of spamming and ordered to stop. Who's the spammer now?

Buzz, if that was really you, you had me completely fooled. I find it hard to believe that you could restrain yourself through your numerous suspensions and not post as aladyat42. It just doesn't make sense. You've used aladyat42, Buzzard and charles. Are you going alphabetically? Will your next name start with D or are you counting darling? If not, may I suggest Doofus? If so, how about Egghead?

Let us know if you join another forum so we may benefit from your wit. You will certainly be the life of the party at the next WOV bash.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 20th, 2014 at 2:03:21 PM permalink

No one has mentioned the nuking of aladyat42 so I will take this opportunity to do so in this thread entitled Discussion about the Suspension List. A few new names have gone red this week but aladyat42 is quite unique. Someone has determined that this person is BuzzPaff, aka Buzzard, aka charles.

It's different because aladyat42 joined this forum on March 10, 2011 and made his first post in one of the GLBT threads. That's almost four years ago. At that time he said that he was 42 years old, retired, 5' 3" tall and wears high heels. He called himself Chatty Cathy, posted an email and offered to send pictures of himself.

When one sharp forum member got suspicious he was chastised, accused of spamming and ordered to stop. Who's the spammer now?

Buzz, if that was really you, you had me completely fooled. I find it hard to believe that you could restrain yourself through your numerous suspensions and not post as aladyat42. It just doesn't make sense. You've used aladyat42, Buzzard and charles. Are you going alphabetically? Will your next name start with D or are you counting darling? If not, may I suggest Doofus? If so, how about Egghead?

Let us know if you join another forum so we may benefit from your wit. You will certainly be the life of the party at the next WOV bash.

I see aladyat42 is in red but I don't see a post why.
Was this Buzzard? I thought it was somebody else. Or maybe 2 people. The 3 original posts are so different from the recent posts.
Is this a nuke or a suspension?
I could see this coming, most of the posts were troll like, just 1 liners to rile somebody up, not really adding to the conversation.
Many of the 1 liners referred to disputes in the past between members.
3rd to last post was an apology about using "crybaby" that referenced Buzz and which I complimented. That's why I don't think it was Buzz.
Last post referenced me and AZ using "crybaby" which is definitely not the case. I don't use the term. AZ always uses conservative logic, never calls people names.
aladyat42 was very very familiar with this board. I thought maybe B9.
All very interesting.
who is aladyat42 ???????
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
1BB
1BB
December 20th, 2014 at 2:27:26 PM permalink
Aladyat42 is listed as Buzzard on the suspension list. That's the only reason I posted. I find it hard to believe for many reasons. I just don't see Buzz sitting on this for almost four years, not to mention the rest of the nonsense.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 20th, 2014 at 4:54:23 PM permalink
Why is that hard to believe?

Perhaps being suspended on this board wasn't his first rodeo; given the nature of his posts, I can see where he'd quickly irk a mod and get bounced.

Setting up a second identity to use when the anticipated nuke happens is good planning, a move a wily internet veteran might employ.

Will the REAL buzz please stand up: retired, crusty curmudgeon or middle-aged transvestite?
"What, me worry?"
1BB
1BB
December 20th, 2014 at 5:44:20 PM permalink
I guess the fact that he never used that account until now. I never saw him as having that kind of discipline. He couldn't help himself when it came to harassing Zuga.

Buzz's daughter is a member in good standing here.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
December 20th, 2014 at 7:24:21 PM permalink
Whoever it was could have gotten ahold of or guessed a password to an abandoned account.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
December 20th, 2014 at 9:17:04 PM permalink
Who suspended him and what proof do they have it's buzz?

When Mike was the owner it seemed as if beyond reasonable doubt was encouraged. Zunga may just need a preponderance of the evidence

The problem With Buzz... he wants people to know he is behind the new names and once he's had some fun he staerts giving hints. He can't hold it in for to long.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 20th, 2014 at 9:30:52 PM permalink
I originally believed it was Buzzard but later leaning thinking beethoven. Buzzard never lolled much and in the one post accusing other members of using crybaby but not b9 was a flag for me. i'm amused by character trolling and it cracks me up. Suppose it could have been timspeed mama just because they were so persistent.
I am a robot.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
December 21st, 2014 at 6:43:22 AM permalink
So, why was he banned? The posts were nonsense but not bannable that I could see.

B9? Very doubtful unless he really disguised his writing style.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
December 21st, 2014 at 6:57:14 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Who suspended him and what proof do they have it's buzz?

When Mike was the owner it seemed as if beyond reasonable doubt was encouraged. Zunga may just need a preponderance of the evidence

The problem With Buzz... he wants people to know he is behind the new names and once he's had some fun he staerts giving hints. He can't hold it in for to long.

At least in this case Zuga isnt exactly fond of Buzz or anything related to Buzz, so his judgement may be off a little. But again, Buzz knew he was pushing his buttons.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 22nd, 2014 at 8:11:47 AM permalink
EB's three day suspension, while understandable, should be put in context.

The basis:

" Quote: scubatim84
Wow, I'm done with this thread. It's barren of any intelligence

The deep end of the pool isn't for the
under equipped. Adios.. "

I thought it clever of EB to involve and lampoon "scubatim84" 's pen name in the insult, i.e. "scuba" viz. "deep end of the pool" and "underequipped."

Clever, but apparently not clever enough.
"What, me worry?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 22nd, 2014 at 8:51:59 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

EB's three day suspension, while understandable, should be put in context.

The basis:

" Quote: scubatim84
Wow, I'm done with this thread. It's barren of any intelligence

The deep end of the pool isn't for the
under equipped. Adios.. "

I thought it clever of EB to involve and lampoon "scubatim84" 's pen name in the insult, i.e. "scuba" viz. "deep end of the pool" and "underequipped."

Clever, but apparently not clever enough.

I agree and call for pardon and/or clemency given that it is almost Festivus. IMHO, EB just pointed out some things that some folks cannot handle. So the answer is "we can't talk about this anymore!" Similar to my post about finals being postponed because some ivy-league kids cannnot handle real life.

No longer a world of men we live in, now a world of clockwatching bureaucrats, Machine.

BRING BACK B9!
BRING BACK EB!
FREE PETE ROSE!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: