Thread Rating:

redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
January 8th, 2020 at 4:30:59 PM permalink
I was considering, when I have time, doing an "Adventures of Redietz" that would be a parody of the "Adventures of MDawg" thread. I was wondering if this kind of sarcasm is frowned upon or against any kind of rule. I would probably not get around to it until late spring, but please let me know if a parallel-style parody would be considered ad hominem. I feel parody is the opposite of ad hominem, but one never knows how others feel about sarcasm.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
PokerGrinderAxelWolfJoeman
January 8th, 2020 at 5:12:57 PM permalink
I was thinking the MDawg thread was already a self-parody - just minus the lucky monkeys.
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 8th, 2020 at 5:20:13 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

I was considering, when I have time, doing an "Adventures of Redietz" that would be a parody of the "Adventures of MDawg" thread. I was wondering if this kind of sarcasm is frowned upon or against any kind of rule. I would probably not get around to it until late spring, but please let me know if a parallel-style parody would be considered ad hominem. I feel parody is the opposite of ad hominem, but one never knows how others feel about sarcasm.

I'm not aware of any ruling on that. I'd probably welcome an 'Anti-winner' to re-balance the universe. I can see it now, bleating about losing streaks and showing redacted images of your pawn-broker stubs.
But I can see it become a bit of a problem if two opposing threads dominated the forum... Rather than the one outrageous fantastical adventure that's currently popular.
It would surely become a focal point for mischief and suspensions, which would be unfortunate.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 5:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

I was thinking the MDawg thread was already a self-parody - just minus the lucky monkeys.

I'm still hopeful that MDawg really is a fabulously rich guy, with the integrity to keep posting when his (literally) incredible lucky streak unravels.
Not holding my breath though.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 5:32:44 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I'm still hopeful that MDawg really is a fabulously rich guy, with the integrity to keep posting when his (literally) incredible lucky streak unravels.

You emphasized "incredible". The first definition I found for incredible is "impossible to believe".

Are you hoping that his lucky streak unravels, expecting his lucky streak to unravel, or just questioning his integrity?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
January 8th, 2020 at 5:35:21 PM permalink
I recall in the past that the Wizard had a laissez-faire attitude toward these types of posts with the caveat that the personal insult rule would still be enforced. The line is pretty thin.

Hehe... At the end of this road, it may just be DarkOz, MDawg and EvenBob making it through the carnage...
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 6:03:00 PM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

Are you hoping that his lucky streak unravels, expecting his lucky streak to unravel, or questioning his integrity?

Hoping? Yes. Call me jealous or mean spirited, but regardless of my humble opinion, it would do a service to visitors to this site to see him give testimony that even a wealthy lawyer can be seduced by the gamblers fallacy. An object lesson in reality asserting itself.

Expecting: Absolutely. I accept the possibility that he really has had a fantastic (unbelievable to many) lucky streak, maybe made possible by staking absurdly high bankroll ( A player with massive bankroll should surely expect to get significantly ahead )

Questioning his integrity? No. I find some of his posts more or less believable than others. I don't know how much he believes some of his stated opinions, or how much he's just yanking our chains. I'm hopeful that he is as honest as he is misguided. I doubt, though that he will stick around to post the story of his inevitable fall from grace, because of past precedents with other members who either just faded away, got too engrossed in winning to bother posting, or got to be just too unbelievable.... Or maybe got banned or left for whatever reason.

Mdawg's posts form an interesting story. We just need to know what category to place his work in. Fiction, Humour, Logic, Religion, Metaphysics... The list is pretty long.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 8th, 2020 at 6:05:53 PM permalink

For a while I made parody posts in regards to Nathan, who was obviously a fraud and was later proven as such. I received no suspension. I did receive accolades.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 6:06:53 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Hehe... At the end of this road, it may just be DarkOz, MDawg and EvenBob making it through the carnage...

You pretty much defined the objective of a troll: Getting contributors wound up till they got banned.
Would/should Forum managers let that happen?
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
Ayecarumba
January 8th, 2020 at 6:09:24 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

For a while I made parody posts in regards to Nathan, who was obviously a fraud and was later proven as such. I received no suspension. I did receive accolades.

That saga was ... (insert expletive) (insert adjective) depending on your point of view. $:o)
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 8th, 2020 at 6:18:41 PM permalink
All the greats have myths larger than life surrounding them, which is what this guy apparently proposes to do - enlarge the legend of MDAWG. Imitation is the best flattery.

But...sounds like all he wants to do is post a bunch of made of stuff about a made up person. If he wants to post TRUE trip details, about a REAL person, as I do, fine. Otherwise, just more nonsense from detractors is what I would say it would be.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 6:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

But...sounds like all he wants to do is post a bunch of made of stuff about a made up person. If he wants to post TRUE trip details, about a REAL person, as I do, fine.

Says you.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 8th, 2020 at 6:24:33 PM permalink
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 6:32:23 PM permalink

Questioning his integrity? No. I find some of his posts more or less believable than others. I don't know how much he believes some of his stated opinions, or how much he's just yanking our chains.

What opinions do you mean?
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 6:35:09 PM permalink

Hoping? Yes. Call me jealous or mean spirited, but regardless of my humble opinion, it would do a service to visitors to this site to see him give testimony that even a wealthy lawyer can be seduced by the gamblers fallacy.

Just to be clear...you are hoping that he loses? Is that correct?
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 6:40:44 PM permalink

What opinions do you mean?

His opinions about his ability to read patterns and to use money management and goals to his advantage.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 6:58:20 PM permalink

Just to be clear. I was clear.

I don't bear him any ill will. I think he would benefit from a dose of reality. Nothing too painful.
He's only playing with his entertainment budget anyway.

I think the worst thing that happens to many gamblers is an initial big win that gives them a false feeling of infallibility.
The second worst might be being the guy/gal that observes that persons (apparent) win and follows him, but with more normal variance. We already see how MDawg claims to have enlightened his losing friend, thus making her more successful.

Set aside, that MDawg might well be spinning a mischievous yarn, 'cos heaven knows some members like to do that. I give him kudos for the quality of his writing and his content.
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 7:36:41 PM permalink

I think the worst thing that happens to many gamblers is an initial big win that gives them a false feeling of infallibility.

Do you think that applies to MDawg in the current scenario?...an initial big win?
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 7:49:50 PM permalink

Do you think that applies to MDawg in the current scenario?...an initial big win?

I think, if his story is true, that he perceives that he has had significant success as a result of his great skill.
If he had a such a long profitable period, or believes he had such success, that belief has apparently reinforced his belief in his skill. It doesn't make that skill real.

Though actually, his claimed success is incredible to me.

I suspect, at best, selective reporting of his results. A bit like this of mine... True, but silly and selective...
https://wizardofvegas.com/member/oncedear/blog/#post1677
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 7:53:31 PM permalink

Though actually, his claimed success is incredible to me.

I suspect, at best, selective reporting of his results. A bit like this of mine...

So you are projecting?...anecdotally applying your experiences to him?
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
AxelWolfForagerMinty
January 8th, 2020 at 7:54:40 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

All the greats have myths larger than life surrounding them, which is what this guy apparently proposes to do - enlarge the legend of MDAWG. Imitation is the best flattery.

But...sounds like all he wants to do is post a bunch of made of stuff about a made up person. If he wants to post TRUE trip details, about a REAL person, as I do, fine. Otherwise, just more nonsense from detractors is what I would say it would be.

G-d your ego is beyond nauseating.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
January 8th, 2020 at 7:57:01 PM permalink

The game is mathematically not beatable.

If someone told me they could fly using their arms only and had done so many times it would not be projecting my experience when I claim disbelief
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 7:58:19 PM permalink

So, you are reading my mind, delving deep into my subconscious? Good luck with that.
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 8:13:36 PM permalink

So, you are reading my mind, delving deep into my subconscious?

I don't need to read your mind, you reveal your nature through your writings...

Are you hoping that his lucky streak unravels?

Hoping? Yes. Call me jealous or mean spirited...

Just to be clear. I was clear.

Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
Thanked by
SOOPOObeachbumbabs
January 8th, 2020 at 8:15:22 PM permalink
Humility is such an underrated character trait. Really, people talk about compassion, empathy, intelligence and all kinds of other things, but if everyone went on and on about how great they are the world would be an unbearable place.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 8th, 2020 at 8:16:29 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

G-d your ego is beyond nauseating.

King Canute sometimes pops into my head as I read this thread. He KNEW that for all his status and wisdom, he could not direct the tide. He's been maligned over the years as being deluded into thinking he could.
I assert that MDawg cannot predict the future by observing streaks. Unlike Canute*, Mdawg seems to still seems to believe he has some mystical power.

Still. Mdawg is richer than me, so he must be superior. Forgive me if I don't bow or salute.

*Canute's name in the original danish, was spelled CNut The Great, but I didn't want spell checker to get me banned.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
January 8th, 2020 at 8:24:25 PM permalink
I honestly don’t know how anyone could stand to be around a guy like Mdawg. His ego would be unbearable in person. I like down to earth people personally.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 8th, 2020 at 8:29:28 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The game is mathematically not beatable.

After what number of hands played is it mathematically impossible for the player to have won?

Are you asserting that MDawg has not won overall through today's play, that he cannot win in the future, and that he will not have won overall through some future period of time?
coachbelly
coachbelly
Thanked by
DeMangoHugoSlavia
January 8th, 2020 at 8:31:38 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I honestly don’t know how anyone could stand to be around a guy like Mdawg. His ego would be unbearable in person. I like down to earth people personally.

If you really couldn't stand him, then you would block him and stop reading his posts.

I think he's made that point several times.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Forager
January 8th, 2020 at 9:47:46 PM permalink
Someone should write a parody of this thread. Worst. Thread. Ever.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Thanked by
OnceDearAyecarumbaMinty
January 8th, 2020 at 10:00:50 PM permalink

If you really couldn't stand him, then you would block him and stop reading his posts.

I think he's made that point several times.

I have a need to watch the train wreck, it’s a disease. 🤷‍♂️

I did the same thing with Nathan, just have to watch the wreck.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
OnceDeardarkozBoz
January 9th, 2020 at 2:36:08 AM permalink
I can’t decide if the coach belly third degree is parody or unintentional irony.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 9th, 2020 at 3:06:31 AM permalink

If

coach belly if you don't mind my asking - who do you coach? do you coach gamblers into becoming winners?
because if that's the case there are a lot of people here who would like to hear about your methods.................................thanks
Please don't feed the trolls
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
DeMangoOnceDeardjtehch34t
January 9th, 2020 at 5:43:14 AM permalink

After what number of hands played is it mathematically impossible for the player to have won?

Are you asserting that MDawg has not won overall through today's play, that he cannot win in the future, and that he will not have won overall through some future period of time?

It will never be 'mathematically impossible', but it can become so statistically unlikely that the likelihood of a random anonymous internet typist making claims with no basis in fact can be an infinitessimal fraction of the likelihood of the event having actually happened.
We had a member here claim he rolled 18 'yo's" in a row. Certainly possible. But the likelihood (1/18) to the 18th power is so low that it is WAY more likely that he either just made it up, or 'misremembered', or whatever you want to call it.

I cannot with 100% certainty say MDawg has not won over the course of his life playing BJ and Bac. I do not have the total number of hands played. But it seems like its many sessions of many hours over many years. So my estimate of the likelihood of him being ahead (not counting comps!) is far less than 1%. Since he has refused offers from members to even verify if he plays at all like he states, it is FAR more likely he is just making up stuff. It has happened before here. It will happen again.

I will give him this.... He is a far better writer than I am. Fiction or non-fiction, I like his stories!
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 9th, 2020 at 10:09:28 AM permalink
Let's get this out of the way first...you are misinformed, what you describe below did not happen.

We had a member here claim he rolled 18 'yo's" in a row.

It will never be 'mathematically impossible', but it can become so statistically unlikely that the likelihood of a random anonymous internet typist making claims with no basis in fact can be an infinitessimal fraction of the likelihood of the event having actually happened.

I asked at what point this occurs...how many hands played are required such that overall winning is as unlikely as you described above?

I cannot with 100% certainty say MDawg has not won over the course of his life playing BJ and Bac. I do not have the total number of hands played. But it seems like its many sessions of many hours over many years. So my estimate of the likelihood of him being ahead (not counting comps!) is far less than 1%.

I see that you mentioned Blackjack above...is Blackjack beatable if an optimal strategy is used?

Regarding Baccarat, which has been declared unbeatable by several contributors....

Do you know how many hands played are required such that the likelihood of MDawg being ahead is far less than 1%?

Do you know how many hands he's played?

How can you be over 99% certain that he is not ahead overall without that data?
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 9th, 2020 at 10:15:18 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

coach belly if you don't mind my asking - who do you coach?

youth and adult athletes

what do you do for a living, lilred?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 9th, 2020 at 10:16:21 AM permalink
While they are not the same person, Coach certainly comes from the SingleHandVP school of taking contrarian postings to a new level.
coachbelly
coachbelly
January 9th, 2020 at 10:31:44 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

While they are not the same person, Coach certainly comes from the SingleHandVP school of taking contrarian postings to a new level.

In my view, the contrarian postings are those being made by the MDawg naysayers.

Am I wrong about that?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
ForagerBoz
January 9th, 2020 at 11:05:39 AM permalink

We had a member here claim he rolled 18 'yo's" in a row. Certainly possible. But the likelihood (1/18) to the 18th power is so low that it is WAY more likely that he either just made it up, or 'misremembered', or whatever you want to call it.

I cannot with 100% certainty say MDawg has not won over the course of his life playing BJ and Bac. I do not have the total number of hands played. But it seems like its many sessions of many hours over many years. So my estimate of the likelihood of him being ahead (not counting comps!) is far less than 1%. Since he has refused offers from members to even verify if he plays at all like he states, it is FAR more likely he is just making up stuff. It has happened before here. It will happen again.

I will give him this.... He is a far better writer than I am. Fiction or non-fiction, I like his stories!

Correction:

That member claimed he WITNESSED someone throw 18 Euros in a row. This is the same member who also was claiming his son hit 5 Royal flushes (all single line, no wilds strange games or any of that b*******). He even proposed some kind of wager that he could prove it. Quite some time later and continued claims that it happened, his son himself finally said it wasn't true.

And now there's a new claim by someone that they witnessed 10 to 12 multiplier on super times pay(a 15 to 1 shot) come up in a row. People highly suspect this someone is using an alia and is the same person who made the other two outrageous claims s.

Gambling addictions can make people see and claim crazy things.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
January 9th, 2020 at 11:14:12 AM permalink

Did you really have to ask? Me thinks you were just asking for the sake of asking.

What's that old saying, It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
coachbelly
coachbelly
Thanked by
MDawg
January 9th, 2020 at 11:31:02 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

This is the same member who also was claiming his son hit 5 Royal flushes (all single line, no wilds strange games or any of that b*******). Gambling addictions can make people see and claim crazy things.

My recollection is that the son confirmed that he hit 5 single-line royal "equivalents" in a 24-hour period, either actual royals or other 4000 credit winners (TDB 4Aw/k, etc).

After a long period of time elapsed, the father unable to remember the exact hands his son hit, gave an abridged version of the sequence in order to illustrate his point that unusual winning events do happen.

Rather than focusing on the father's point about unusual winning events, several responders unfortunately "teamed up" in an effort to have the thread deteriorate into an exercise in name-calling and harassment.

Do you disagree?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Thanked by
MDawgdjtehch34t
January 9th, 2020 at 11:42:03 AM permalink
Maybe more helpful (but definitely less entertaining) would be to quantify how likely or unlikely the claimed win would be.

It seems to me a lot of the naysayers are simply throwing rocks, harping on the fact that mathematically, the game is unbeatable; therefore no one who plays for a certain interval can be ahead.

But, this is not true. The possibility exists that a hit and run player can be ahead lifetime. Unlikely... even very, very unlikely, but it does exist.

Claiming that you can teach others your winning baccarat strategy... or that the "flow" is predictable... are different topics and worthy of derision.

Carry on...
darkoz
darkoz
January 9th, 2020 at 11:47:21 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Maybe more helpful (but definitely less entertaining) would be to quantify how likely or unlikely the claimed win would be.

It seems to me a lot of the naysayers are simply throwing rocks, harping on the fact that mathematically, the game is unbeatable; therefore no one who plays for a certain interval can be ahead.

But, this is not true. The possibility exists that a hit and run player can be ahead lifetime. Unlikely... even very, very unlikely, but it does exist.

Claiming that you can teach others your winning baccarat strategy... or that the "flow" is predictable... are different topics and worthy of derision.

Carry on...

My definition of hit and run strategy is not to do so much gambling that I have a different gambling trip report EVERY SINGLE DAY in which hours were spent gambling each time.

Maybe its Hit (gotta run to the bathroom) okay back for another hit lol
redietz
redietz
Thanked by
Boz
January 9th, 2020 at 12:45:31 PM permalink
I had Oklahoma +15 vs. LSU the other week and I even paid extra juice for a half a point. My point being...occasionally I am dumb as a rock, and I am beginning to suspect that this is one of those times.

As I tried out various versions of MDawg parody in my head, it struck me like a bolt. I reread a couple of MDawg's posts and realized that I had no business trying to parody a really great parody.

If you step back with a meta view of MDawg's stuff, I think the intuitive, initial read of his material, taken all together, is that he's having a big belly laugh at this site and everybody on it. I mean...think about it.

He's playing at being a semi-high roller with enormous financial resources who for some reason takes pics of a couple grand on a bed and bathrooms in suites that your local Residence Inn can probably beat. So he's kind of doing a wink/wink at the socioeconomic status of the poor lame bastards who are dumb enough to ooh and ah and aspire to be "like MDawg." It's pretty funny. At the same time, he's poking and prodding at the mathematical emphasis of the site and the seriousness of the AP's. Axelwolf, Boz, the mods, me, Shackleford himself, we're probably all cringing at the tales of the "flow of cards" and other voodoo. And we're all serious about it! MDawg is probably just yanking our chains in a comical way.

In summary, I suspect the "Adventures" are all a wink/wink that both makes fun of those who are impressed by his narratives, and a wink/wink at those who are offended by his making gambling look as easy as stepping off a curb.

The whole thing is probably just a parody. Think about it. Anybody claiming his resources has nicer bathrooms at home than in any of the pics. Does anyone honestly know anybody who gambles at MDawg's alleged level and above who would impress people with a few hundred dollar bills and 5K markers pics? It's absurd. And if you look at it all as a parody, it's pretty damned funny.

I might be wrong. But I also might be correct, and I've been dumb as a rock, which is pretty funny in and of itself. This guy, whoever he is, may be doing a gambling version of The Onion right under everyone's noses on the allegedly most sophisticated gambling site on the internet.
Last edited by: redietz on Jan 9, 2020
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
redietz
redietz
Thanked by
Ayecarumba
January 9th, 2020 at 1:17:58 PM permalink

Did you really have to ask? Me thinks you were just asking for the sake of asking.

What's that old saying, It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission?

Quick note: Yeah, I considered not asking. But I post under my own name, so I needed some record of it being a parody in advance. Pics of me showing what grates I'd sleep on, and a bed strewn with one-dollar bills, two-dollar bills, and Canadian quarters, plus my ticket for a free Circus-Circus buffet comp, I'm sure some idjits (think "Singin' In the Rain") would claim I was serious.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
January 9th, 2020 at 1:22:12 PM permalink

I dunno. I read a couple pages and clicked away, haven’t read it since. I don’t think there’s much point to parodying it, hardly anyone reads it anyhow. What, maybe a dozen people? Save your talent.
A falling knife has no handle.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
January 9th, 2020 at 1:36:37 PM permalink
I think it would be fun, but do it from a "Reality TV" POV. Write up your actual gambling action and supplement it with pictures of your actual winning tickets, timepiece(s), luggage, etc.
OnceDear
OnceDear
January 9th, 2020 at 2:01:22 PM permalink

If you step back with a meta view of MDawg's stuff, I think the intuitive, initial read of his material, taken all together, is that he's having a big belly laugh at this site and everybody on it. I mean...think about it.

He's playing at being a semi-high roller with enormous financial resources who for some reason takes pics of a couple grand on a bed and bathrooms in suites that your local Residence Inn can probably beat. So he's kind of doing a wink/wink at the socioeconomic status of the poor lame bastards who are dumb enough to ooh and ah and aspire to be "like MDawg." It's pretty funny. At the same time, he's poking and prodding at the mathematical emphasis of the site and the seriousness of the AP's. Axelwolf, Boz, the mods, me, Shackleford himself, we're probably all cringing at the tales of the "flow of cards" and other voodoo. And we're all serious about it! MDawg is probably just yanking our chains in a comical way.

In summary, I suspect the "Adventures" are all a wink/wink that both makes fun of those who are impressed by his narratives, and a wink/wink at those who are offended by his making gambling look as easy as stepping off a curb.

The whole thing is probably just a parody. Think about it. Anybody claiming his resources has nicer bathrooms at home than in any of the pics. Does anyone honestly know anybody who gambles at MDawg's alleged level and above who would impress people with a few hundred dollar bills and 5K markers pics? It's absurd. And if you look at it all as a parody, it's pretty damned funny.

^^^ THIS ^^^ $;o)
darkoz
darkoz
January 9th, 2020 at 2:01:54 PM permalink

I had Oklahoma +15 vs. LSU the other week and I even paid extra juice for a half a point. My point being...occasionally I am dumb as a rock, and I am beginning to suspect that this is one of those times.

As I tried out various versions of MDawg parody in my head, it struck me like a bolt. I reread a couple of MDawg's posts and realized that I had no business trying to parody a really great parody.

I might be wrong. But I also might be correct, and I've been dumb as a rock, which is pretty funny in and of itself. This guy, whoever he is, may be doing a gambling version of The Onion right under everyone's noses on the allegedly most sophisticated gambling site on the internet.

I was just about to post similar thoughts. You beat me to it
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 9th, 2020 at 2:43:33 PM permalink

Correction:

That member claimed he WITNESSED someone throw 18 Euros in a row. This is the same member who also was claiming his son hit 5 Royal flushes (all single line, no wilds strange games or any of that b*******). He even proposed some kind of wager that he could prove it. Quite some time later and continued claims that it happened, his son himself finally said it wasn't true.

And now there's a new claim by someone that they witnessed 10 to 12 multiplier on super times pay(a 15 to 1 shot) come up in a row. People highly suspect this someone is using an alia and is the same person who made the other two outrageous claims s.

Gambling addictions can make people see and claim crazy things.

Dodging paying family members monies owed produces the same effect.

Or is it dodging paying debts BECAUSE you have a gambling addiction?
  • Jump to: