Thread Rating:

1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 11th, 2013 at 2:14:22 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I vote for getting rid of that function altogether.
Who cares who the top contributors are, it has
nothing to do with anything.

I couldn't agree more but let's not stop there. How about removing the thread and post count that are there every time we post? If it's that important to someone they can keep track of it themselves.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 11th, 2013 at 2:15:23 PM permalink
I changed my sign from Buzzpaff to Buzzard to not show up on the top 5. Just to shut Josie up. LOL
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
January 11th, 2013 at 2:51:51 PM permalink
I've been posting drivel for months now, and I still can't catch up, even with a 2 year head start.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
January 11th, 2013 at 3:13:10 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I couldn't agree more but let's not stop there. How about removing the thread and post count that are there every time we post? If it's that important to someone they can keep track of it themselves.

Yup, that should go to. It serves no purpose. I prefer
rankings, like with numbers of stars, that tells how
long a person has been a member.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
January 11th, 2013 at 3:24:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yup, that should go to. It serves no purpose. I prefer
rankings, like with numbers of stars, that tells how
long a person has been a member.

I for one like seeing how many posts and threads a user has created. Here's an example:

Some person makes their first post telling some story. I'm less likely to find it credible and spend time thinking about it/helping them with math etc. if they aren't an established member and are instead just a troll looking for attention.

On the other hand, the guy who yesterday asked questions about his dealer audition, I took time to respond to that because while I didn't recognize his username, I noticed that he had over 100 posts and had contributed to the forum over the years.

There are people who made accounts in 2010 but never post, so I would take opposition to them having several stars next to their name while someone who joined in 2012 but is very active and helpful is made to look like a newbie.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
January 11th, 2013 at 3:34:21 PM permalink
aces and eights-----

I would like you to add a separate section for all capitals top poster----

Who would that be??????
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
January 11th, 2013 at 4:15:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

aces and eights-----

I would like you to add a separate section for all capitals top poster----

Who would that be??????

That would be the all YELL team?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
January 11th, 2013 at 4:16:32 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

That would be the all YELL team?

no... i meant SOOPOO......
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
January 25th, 2013 at 11:52:31 AM permalink
Damn, just realized my script has a bug of not counting admins, due to their green color and the regex I'm using to scrape page data. Whoops! Ran into the same problem with blocked members and fixed it, but there are a lot more blocked members than admins.

Since I'm SURE everyone is super excited about watching this list and where they fall, I'll try to fix it :p

Also, strictlyAP, you never answered my question as to whether you were just joking, are or WAY more efficient than me at hacking :).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 2nd, 2013 at 12:52:22 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Damn, just realized my script has a bug of not counting admins, due to their green color and the regex I'm using to scrape page data. Whoops! Ran into the same problem with blocked members and fixed it, but there are a lot more blocked members than admins.

Since I'm SURE everyone is super excited about watching this list and where they fall, I'll try to fix it :p

Also, strictlyAP, you never answered my question as to whether you were just joking, are or WAY more efficient than me at hacking :).

Finally fixed the admin problem, list has been updated today! One thing I noticed from adding this fix is that either the Wizard specifically (or more likely all admins) don't show up in the "Top Contributors" list! I'm guessing this is by design, but it is interesting to note that the Wiz would be between Nareed and pacomartin in the top 5 were he included.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: