Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 116
March 12th, 2018 at 11:34:59 PM permalink
Greetings!

This post is to hereby notify everyone that my resignation as Administrator on these WoV Forums has been accepted by Wizard and shall take effect as soon as I can be changed from Green to some other color.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my role as Administrator since 2012 and I hope I will be looked upon as having done a decent job of it, overall.

My goal has always been to promote the discussion of gambling and help people, whether it be with math, debunking systems (my first thread was about a system!) or helping out with the Forum. I have and continue to want this forum to be the best one on the Internet for gambling information.

I will continue to write for our family of websites, but please know that gives me no authority whatsoever over these forums.

If anyone insults me or trolls me, please know I will request full protection under the Rules now that I am a regular Member. As an Administrator, it was always known to allow some leeway in things said to/about me to avoid the perception of bias action being undertaken on my behalf. As a regular Member, that leeway no longer applies and I will demand full protection under the Rules as appropriate. In other words, I never wanted there to be a perception of, "If you talk about Mission, you'll get banned because he is an Administrator," so I have repeatedly emphasized that I would never ban someone for something said about me or to me and encouraged other Admins to do the same.

Why I am Resigning

I recently made a decision to delete a thread, largely because it contained personal information, that Wizard agreed with.

Unfortunately, my decision, that I would have made for literally anyone, was seen as, "Protecting," the person in question because I have worked with him in the past, personally.

Therefore, I have made the decision, due to the accusations of bias and calls for me to resign, that there are some people who are either unlikely to believe, or will never believe, that I am capable of objective and unbiased Administration of this forum.

I do not want to resign as an Administrator, but my goal has always been to act in the best interest of the forum, and I cannot go against that goal now. If there are people who will not believe that I am impartial, and they have arguably reasonable causes for that belief, (I guess) then it is best for the continuation and success of these forums that I resign from any position of authority over other Members.

Business Dealings

I dealt with WoN on a personal level and on personal business that never involved any Member of this Forum. We did have lunch with DarkOz, on one occasion, but I thought that was just having lunch. I did not believe that my presence at lunch either implicitly or explicitly was a, "Vouching," of any kind for WoN. I thought we were just three guys and my fiance' all having lunch as friends.

As Darkoz has publicly stated, he has never seen or spoken to me outside of this Forum since.

Accusations

Any accusations I have heard about WoN have been third-hand, which means that they have been told to me by a person, or persons, who were not personally harmed by the subject matter of those accusations.

I was told by someone to, "Watch my ass," if I were to have dealings with him, but I, "Watch my ass," with anyone to the extent of what I understand that term means.

There is some other stuff, and I could defend myself much better, but I would be violating confidences and privacy in order to do so.

I have not vouched for WoN, nor have I ever volunteered any personal information from anyone on this forum to him. Those accusations are not only baseless, but completely absurd and insulting. Anyone who has made an accusation along those lines will never be my friend.

There is only ONE MEMBER here that I have ever explicitly vouched for, and would do so again, if asked.

Conclusion

Fortunately, that's what you guys are now, and many of you always were. I consider many of you my friends. Some in the online sense and some otherwise. I no longer have any authority as an Administrator over anyone here, and if you want to know the truth, that doesn't bother me at all.

Finally, after all that has happened, I apologize for working with WoN, but I reiterate that I have no direct or personal knowledge of any of the accusations on that website or accusations of any other kind. "Direct or Personal," means things I have witnessed or been involved in. I have only ever worked for him on a personal level and not in conjunction with anyone on this Forum.

That's basically all I have to say, except one last thing:

Watch your ass and watch who you work with. There may be consequences that you might not know will happen, and those consequences do not necessarily have to be monetary. I want to reiterate that WoN and I are all square, but if someone told me that I would be resigning as an Admin here as an indirect result of having worked with him (or anyone else) then I never would have done it.

Sometimes actions have repercussions that we do not anticipate, but must take responsibility for. I am taking responsibility for my working with WoN. If you believe that you were scammed by him, or anyone else, then that is your responsibility. You cannot be scammed for money that you do not hand to someone or free play that you do not give someone control over. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences thereof.

The consequence of my working with WoN is that my being an Admin is no longer the best thing for this Forum. I'm sorry if I let any of you down. My job as an Admin is to do the best thing for the Forum, and right now, that is to resign.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Nathan
Nathan 
  • Threads: 62
March 13th, 2018 at 12:22:40 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

This post is to hereby notify everyone that my resignation as Administrator on these WoV Forums has been accepted by Wizard and shall take effect as soon as I can be changed from Green to some other color.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my role as Administrator since 2012 and I hope I will be looked upon as having done a decent job of it, overall.

My goal has always been to promote the discussion of gambling and help people, whether it be with math, debunking systems (my first thread was about a system!) or helping out with the Forum. I have and continue to want this forum to be the best one on the Internet for gambling information.

I will continue to write for our family of websites, but please know that gives me no authority whatsoever over these forums.

If anyone insults me or trolls me, please know I will request full protection under the Rules now that I am a regular Member. As an Administrator, it was always known to allow some leeway in things said to/about me to avoid the perception of bias action being undertaken on my behalf. As a regular Member, that leeway no longer applies and I will demand full protection under the Rules as appropriate. In other words, I never wanted there to be a perception of, "If you talk about Mission, you'll get banned because he is an Administrator," so I have repeatedly emphasized that I would never ban someone for something said about me or to me and encouraged other Admins to do the same.

Why I am Resigning

I recently made a decision to delete a thread, largely because it contained personal information, that Wizard agreed with.

Unfortunately, my decision, that I would have made for literally anyone, was seen as, "Protecting," the person in question because I have worked with him in the past, personally.

Therefore, I have made the decision, due to the accusations of bias and calls for me to resign, that there are some people who are either unlikely to believe, or will never believe, that I am capable of objective and unbiased Administration of this forum.

I do not want to resign as an Administrator, but my goal has always been to act in the best interest of the forum, and I cannot go against that goal now. If there are people who will not believe that I am impartial, and they have arguably reasonable causes for that belief, (I guess) then it is best for the continuation and success of these forums that I resign from any position of authority over other Members.

Business Dealings

I dealt with WoN on a personal level and on personal business that never involved any Member of this Forum. We did have lunch with DarkOz, on one occasion, but I thought that was just having lunch. I did not believe that my presence at lunch either implicitly or explicitly was a, "Vouching," of any kind for WoN. I thought we were just three guys and my fiance' all having lunch as friends.

As Darkoz has publicly stated, he has never seen or spoken to me outside of this Forum since.

Accusations

Any accusations I have heard about WoN have been third-hand, which means that they have been told to me by a person, or persons, who were not personally harmed by the subject matter of those accusations.

I was told by someone to, "Watch my ass," if I were to have dealings with him, but I, "Watch my ass," with anyone to the extent of what I understand that term means.

There is some other stuff, and I could defend myself much better, but I would be violating confidences and privacy in order to do so.

I have not vouched for WoN, nor have I ever volunteered any personal information from anyone on this forum to him. Those accusations are not only baseless, but completely absurd and insulting. Anyone who has made an accusation along those lines will never be my friend.

There is only ONE MEMBER here that I have ever explicitly vouched for, and would do so again, if asked.

Conclusion

Fortunately, that's what you guys are now, and many of you always were. I consider many of you my friends. Some in the online sense and some otherwise. I no longer have any authority as an Administrator over anyone here, and if you want to know the truth, that doesn't bother me at all.

Finally, after all that has happened, I apologize for working with WoN, but I reiterate that I have no direct or personal knowledge of any of the accusations on that website or accusations of any other kind. "Direct or Personal," means things I have witnessed or been involved in. I have only ever worked for him on a personal level and not in conjunction with anyone on this Forum.

That's basically all I have to say, except one last thing:

Watch your ass and watch who you work with. There may be consequences that you might not know will happen, and those consequences do not necessarily have to be monetary. I want to reiterate that WoN and I are all square, but if someone told me that I would be resigning as an Admin here as an indirect result of having worked with him (or anyone else) then I never would have done it.

Sometimes actions have repercussions that we do not anticipate, but must take responsibility for. I am taking responsibility for my working with WoN. If you believe that you were scammed by him, or anyone else, then that is your responsibility. You cannot be scammed for money that you do not hand to someone or free play that you do not give someone control over. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions and the consequences thereof.

The consequence of my working with WoN is that my being an Admin is no longer the best thing for this Forum. I'm sorry if I let any of you down. My job as an Admin is to do the best thing for the Forum, and right now, that is to resign.

Please don't do it! Please don't resign as an Admin! Reverse the decision while Wizard is presumably asleep! You are a good guy and even Babs begged you not to resign! Don't let the accusations that started off as a mini molehill and ended up turning into Mount Everest cause you to resign as an Admin! The main guy who unfairly accused you of ridiculous crap is temporarily banned himself! That's a sign you need to remain an Admin!
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D A Ploppy trying to come across an AP. Now I've seen it all. LMAO! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Mission146
Mission146 
March 13th, 2018 at 1:01:28 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Please don't do it! Please don't resign as an Admin! Reverse the decision while Wizard is presumably asleep! You are a good guy and even Babs begged you not to resign! Don't let the accusations that started off as a mini molehill and ended up turning into Mount Everest cause you to resign as an Admin! The main guy who unfairly accused you of ridiculous crap is temporarily banned himself! That's a sign you need to remain an Admin!

Nathan,

Thank you for your support. My impartiality and objectiveness as an Administrator of this Forum has been called into question, perhaps with reasonable causes, and as a result, there are people who won't believe that I behave impartially.

I would rather not be an Administrator at all than an Administrator that some people who are Members in good standing do not trust. My decision is not for the good of me or what I would like, but rather for the good of the site.

I have spoken with Wizard directly and my resignation has already been accepted.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1078
March 13th, 2018 at 1:01:48 AM permalink
Greetings from Zurich. Please forgive my absence through this poop storm. I'll be back home soon.

Let me start by saying that I visited the site that the busted post drew attention to. It contained personal information of a former member, including his full name, date of birth, pictures, known addresses, and a picture I assume is or was of his wife.

As mission stated, we put a high priority on protecting personal information here. Providing a link to the site I felt was in effect posting of personal information. That WoN resigned does not lift his protection. I oppose posting of private information of anyone, including the likes of Larry Nasser.

So, I supported missions decision in the post deletion. I fully believe he would have done the same to protect anybody's privacy. This agreement was conveyed via text.

I accept with regrets mission's resignation. I would like to thank him for his many years of loyal service to the forum. In his many actions as an administration, I can't think of a single decision I had a major disagreement with. It will be very difficult to find anyone as dependable and hard working as he was. I do welcome his continued participation and will do my best to ensure his forum rights are protected.

We have lost a good man over this witch hunt. I do hope those who attacked him ruthlessly are satisfied and we can move on.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 286
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 1:15:57 AM permalink
Sorry to hear this, perhaps I should have spoken up before this.

Being willing to resign as being the best thing speaks to your character as well.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nathan
Nathan 
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 1:16:58 AM permalink

Nathan,

Thank you for your support. My impartiality and objectiveness as an Administrator of this Forum has been called into question, perhaps with reasonable causes, and as a result, there are people who won't believe that I behave impartially.

I would rather not be an Administrator at all than an Administrator that some people who are Members in good standing do not trust. My decision is not for the good of me or what I would like, but rather for the good of the site.

I have spoken with Wizard directly and my resignation has already been accepted.

You are welcome. I can't believe a very quickly deleted thread indirectly was the catalyst for your resignation as an Admin. What a sad day this is. :(
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D A Ploppy trying to come across an AP. Now I've seen it all. LMAO! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Mission146
Mission146 
March 13th, 2018 at 1:21:33 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

You are welcome. I can't believe a very quickly deleted thread indirectly was the catalyst for your resignation as an Admin. What a sad day this is. :(

It's not the thread. Anything that has ever happened or will happen to me is both my fault and responsibility at the end of the day.

For what it is worth, I'm happy that I will never have to ban you for anything again. You seem like a nice person.
Mission146
Mission146 
March 13th, 2018 at 1:23:47 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Sorry to hear this, perhaps I should have spoken up before this.

Being willing to resign as being the best thing speaks to your character as well.

Thank you for your statement. My character has probably been irreparably impugned in the eyes of many. Such is life. Were I perfect, I would not be human, because humans are imperfect.
Nathan
Nathan 
Mission146
March 13th, 2018 at 1:30:40 AM permalink

It's not the thread. Anything that has ever happened or will happen to me is both my fault and responsibility at the end of the day.

For what it is worth, I'm happy that I will never have to ban you for anything again. You seem like a nice person.

Thanks for the compliment. I will miss you as an Admin. You were a very good Admin. :)
Mission146
Mission146 
March 13th, 2018 at 1:36:20 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Greetings from Zurich. Please forgive my absence through this poop storm. I'll be back home soon.

I look forward to it! Safe travels!

Quote:

As mission stated, we put a high priority on protecting personal information here. Providing a link to the site I felt was in effect posting of personal information. That WoN resigned does not lift his protection. I oppose posting of private information of anyone, including the likes of Larry Nasser.

So, I supported missions decision in the post deletion. I fully believe he would have done the same to protect anybody's privacy. This agreement was conveyed via text.

While there are many who would not know of your fervent stance as relates the protection of private information, as I certainly do, I acted in accordance to my own beliefs and how I thought you would manage the forum yourself. Thank you for openly supporting my position on the thread in question.

Quote:

I accept with regrets mission's resignation. I would like to thank him for his many years of loyal service to the forum. In his many actions as an administration, I can't think of a single decision I had a major disagreement with. It will be very difficult to find anyone as dependable and hard working as he was. I do welcome his continued participation and will do my best to ensure his forum rights are protected.

We have lost a good man over this witch hunt. I do hope those who attacked him ruthlessly are satisfied and we can move on.

I resign with regret and I thank you for allowing me to serve this Forum for these many years. It has been a pleasure acting as an Administrator under your management, but more importantly, it has been a pleasure being and continuing to be your friend.

I will continue to write for our family of websites and act in the best interests of this Forum in my capacity as a regular Member. I will continue to answer questions for people, when I am available and want to make very clear (even though you know) that my loyalty to you and this Forum has not changed. I would never have pursued learning more and more about gambling were it not for WizardofOdds, and while I may not know more than some others, I can speak with authority on a great many subjects. I'm sure you would agree that gambling is a terrific metaphor for all of life.

Thank you for everything, Wizard. I will always be around here. To you and everyone, as you say, "May the odds forever be in your favor."

• Jump to: