rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 14th, 2018 at 7:54:22 PM permalink
Now you can become a Walmart greeter.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 14th, 2018 at 8:04:11 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Hey, you are blue now! You crossed over to the normal Members side! Welcome to the normal Members club! :D Okay, so, let's talk about good things that are blue. The ocean looks blue. Walgreen's uniform shirt is blue. The sky is blue. Blue is a beautiful eye color. Chips Ahoy is blue. Oreos is blue. Blue raspberry is blue. Cookie Monster is blue. Blue is the world's most popular color. Blue is a primary color. Blue is good! :D

A $20 Walgreen's gift card (if they exist) would have been better than a $50 Macy's card. Am i rite? But that jive turkey WoN thinks of no one but hisself!
100% risk of ruin
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 14th, 2018 at 8:30:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Better still, “Welcome to Costco. I love you.”
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
March 14th, 2018 at 9:03:48 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I’m blue, look at me!!!

Let’s have some fun, here.

Better learn to hide from Gargamel and Asriel and learn to Smurf Smurfette.
I am a robot.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
March 14th, 2018 at 11:35:24 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

On a side note I went to Walmart to shop with my Walgreens uniform on and I had a Walmart customer ask me where the salt is sold. LMAO! Well the current Walgreen's uniform is just a blue shirt with a red W on it. It is very plausible that a Walmart customer can think the Walgreen's W stands for Walmart. They do both start with W. :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
Nathan
Nathan
March 14th, 2018 at 11:42:18 PM permalink
Quote: RS

How.....what......I.....I can’t even. 🤯

Since Mission is now a regular blue member I was posting good things that are blue. :) I think I got a bit comical when I went into my cookie thing as blue things that are good. Chips Ahoy, Oreos, and Cookie Monster. :D And not to mention me mentioning that blue raspberry is blue. LOL. :D :/
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 4:49:42 AM permalink
I think when he said let's have fun being blue, he wants to be roasted.

Mission couldn't smooth a silk shirt if he had a hot date on a Friday night.
I am a robot.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:24:59 AM permalink

Since Mission is now a regular blue member I was posting good things that are blue. :) I think I got a bit comical when I went into my cookie thing as blue things that are good. Chips Ahoy, Oreos, and Cookie Monster. :D And not to mention me mentioning that blue raspberry is blue. LOL. :D :/

You forgot those other good things

Blue in the face
Black and blue bruises
Blue balls

Oh and the Democrats
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 6:42:41 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I think when he said let's have fun being blue, he wants to be roasted.

Mission couldn't smooth a silk shirt if he had a hot date on a Friday night.

Nope, and even if I wanted to, it would probably be two sizes too big and I'd be wearing it with some ill-fitting jeans.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
Mission146DeMango
March 15th, 2018 at 2:17:25 PM permalink
I've got to chime in here and say that I am sad to see Mission resign his position. If there is anyone on this board who is trustworthy and genuinely cares about this forum its Mission.

Mission you have helped me a lot!!! Because of you my recent trip to Vegas, while it wasn't a winner, was much better than it would have been. I appreciate all your hours of service and putting up with my often silly questions. If for some reason you ever come to Tunica or if somehow we end up in Vegas together I would be honored to buy you a drink. While I will miss seeing your name in green I do hope you enjoy your new found freedom. You have my full support and if there is ever anything I could do for you don't hesitate to ask!!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 2:22:58 PM permalink

Nope, and even if I wanted to, it would probably be two sizes too big and I'd be wearing it with some ill-fitting jeans.

Seinfeld episode quote, Mr. Costanza to Mr. Kruger.

Added: it's supposed to be a silk sheet, not a silk shirt.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Mar 15, 2018
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 2:25:03 PM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

I've got to chime in here and say that I am sad to see Mission resign his position. If there is anyone on this board who is trustworthy and genuinely cares about this forum its Mission.

No worries, I'll still be around!

Quote:

Mission you have helped me a lot!!! Because of you my recent trip to Vegas, while it wasn't a winner, was much better than it would have been. I appreciate all your hours of service and putting up with my often silly questions. If for some reason you ever come to Tunica or if somehow we end up in Vegas together I would be honored to buy you a drink. While I will miss seeing your name in green I do hope you enjoy your new found freedom. You have my full support and if there is ever anything I could do for you don't hesitate to ask!!

I'm glad you had a good trip! Your questions weren't silly, I always enjoy talking about gambling and have and will enjoy talking to you.

Also, thanks for the last part! I don't anticipate that I'll make it down to Tunica, but I'll take you up on your offer should we ever be in Vegas at the same time. Better we be playing something, though, then nobody has to buy anybody a drink. You can give the cocktail waitress the first two bucks, (one for each drink) if you insist.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:48:42 PM permalink
Mission you should be ashamed of yourself. Now that you are not green you are on the top posters list. You knocked someone off the list. Tisk tisk
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:54:38 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Mission you should be ashamed of yourself. Now that you are not green you are on the top posters list. You knocked someone off the list. Tisk tisk

Speaking of top posters what happened to Ibeatyouraces, haven't seen him post in awhile.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 6:37:38 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Speaking of top posters what happened to Ibeatyouraces, haven't seen him post in awhile.

I believe he got mad over a banning of someone and left
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 7:12:49 PM permalink
What about Nareed and Pacomartin?
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 7:17:49 PM permalink
I think they both post at DT a good bit. Seems like I see their names in the rare event I’m there.

EDIT: Just looked, both have posted today.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Mar 16, 2018
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 7:31:35 PM permalink

I think they both post at DT a good bit. Seems like I see their names in the rare event I’m there.

EDIT: Just looked, both have posted today.

Yah I noticed they post there quite a bit. I wasn’t sure why they had posted so much here and then nothing.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Mar 16, 2018
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 7:44:43 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Yah I noticed they post there quite a bit. I wasn’t sure why they had posted so much here and then nothing.

Because there didn’t exist yet, I’d assume. Just in the sense that they must like general conversation stuff better and that’s where it can be found with the same base crew from a few years ago.

Things mostly seem quiet and friendly over there. I actually wonder if either of the two check here much, anymore.

I guess I’m still Green there, suppose that doesn’t hurt anything.

10/28/17 for Nareed.

9/26/17 for PacoMartin.

Today v. Months Ago. Guess they like the conversation better over there.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 10:47:14 PM permalink
I am pretty sure your WOV Picks game was gaffed. How do I know? ...By the company
you keep, and the fact that I'm Billy walters JR. and lost. So can I get my
money back I'm going to need it for this year if your doing it again. :)
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 4:14:41 AM permalink
Nice buildup!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 16th, 2018 at 6:47:33 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Gambling is kind of a narrow subject
We discuss everything and anything over at DT
I post both sites but more at DT due to the variety of subjectts
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 7:25:51 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Gambling is kind of a narrow subject
We discuss everything and anything over at DT
I post both sites but more at DT due to the variety of subjectts

I guess my daughter is correct. She says I'm too neurotically obsessed with a subject

When i checked out DT and saw the variety of subjects I said nah wanna just talk gambling
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
Thanked by
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 9:51:09 AM permalink
Dang stuff has gotten rough over here.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 11:07:06 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Dang stuff has gotten rough over here.

Yes, got bloody in this latest flareup. Good to see you are still around.
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 11:22:06 AM permalink
Thanks!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 1:29:06 PM permalink
My turn.... I've been thinking about this since the WoN/StrictlyAP sameness became officially known.

I consider Mission a friend, even though we have never met in person. I KNOW if I ever needed something, and he had the resources to help me, he would. I KNOW Mission would never intentionally deceive a member, do anything intentionally to harm a member, or do anything intentionally to put the WoV forum in a bad light.

I believe Mission made a mistake in his handling of the WoN/SAP fiasco. As with all employees (even volunteers!), the boss should evaluate the totality of what the person has to offer. If I was the Wiz, I would have suspended Mission for some period of time (3 days?) but then looked at all Mission has done for the forum and hoped he would stay on as a Moderator. I think Mission self punishing with a permanent suspension undervalues his worth to the forum.
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 2:35:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO,

Firstly, I thank you for the vote of confidence and think of you the same way. I look forward to when we meet, whether that be me finally making it to your neck of the woods, vice-versa or out in Vegas.

Wizard did not wish for me to resign. My impartiality has been fairly called into question, thus, I resigned. Wizard effectively had little to no choice in the matter.
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 2:49:00 PM permalink
Deleted with permission, per Wizard.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Mar 17, 2018
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
waxie22
March 16th, 2018 at 3:05:15 PM permalink
Deleted with permission, per Wizard.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Mar 17, 2018
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 3:20:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

My turn.... I've been thinking about this since the WoN/StrictlyAP sameness became officially known.

I consider Mission a friend, even though we have never met in person. I KNOW if I ever needed something, and he had the resources to help me, he would. I KNOW Mission would never intentionally deceive a member, do anything intentionally to harm a member, or do anything intentionally to put the WoV forum in a bad light.

I believe Mission made a mistake in his handling of the WoN/SAP fiasco. As with all employees (even volunteers!), the boss should evaluate the totality of what the person has to offer. If I was the Wiz, I would have suspended Mission for some period of time (3 days?) but then looked at all Mission has done for the forum and hoped he would stay on as a Moderator. I think Mission self punishing with a permanent suspension undervalues his worth to the forum.

I was pretty crucifying regarding Mission and his possible involvement. There is no doubt he did a fine job as administrator, however, he failed to adequately provide answers to direct questions related to the allegations. He chose to hide behind pre planted bushes. He also continued to provide protection to a known scammer of community members. I think this forum has suffered irreparable damage to its reputation and was disgraced by the handling of the situation by the entire administrative staff. It should not have been allowed to get so far but that is what happens when you try to squash the truth and think you can control evil.
Mission fell on the sword and it is time to move on. No one pushed him on the sword. I think he finally did the right thing. It seems that he now has the time to become an even more valuable contributor based on how prolific his posts have been lately. This is all just my thoughts and opinions.
I harbor no ill will towards Mission and would not object to a nomination for reinstatement.
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 3:33:27 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I was pretty crucifying regarding Mission and his possible involvement. There is no doubt he did a fine job as administrator, however, he failed to adequately provide answers to direct questions related to the allegations. He chose to hide behind pre planted bushes. He also continued to provide protection to a known scammer of community members. I think this forum has suffered irreparable damage to its reputation and was disgraced by the handling of the situation by the entire administrative staff. It should not have been allowed to get so far but that is what happens when you try to squash the truth and think you can control evil.
Mission fell on the sword and it is time to move on. No one pushed him on the sword. I think he finally did the right thing. It seems that he now has the time to become an even more valuable contributor based on how prolific his posts have been lately.
I harbor no ill will towards Mission and would not object to a nomination for reinstatement.

MaxPen,

Thank you for your kind words, first of all. To the extent that I take what you said as an apology for the extent that you went to with certain things you said, that apology is accepted and you and I have a clean slate, as far as I am concerned.

I appreciate your compliments regarding my work as an Administrator on this site.

I appreciate your comment that I did the right thing.

I agree with you that I'll have time, and maybe even become a better writer, too, with less Forum management stuff to concern myself with.

I also thank you for the non-objection to reinstatement, but that's not going to happen. The reason why is that six months or a year from now you might see people pulling partial quotes or rehashing long-dead stuff to try to discredit a decision that I made. That's the real problem.

I think we all know fully well that things can be brought up years after the fact with a very small subset of people who choose to dredge the same things up over and over again. Not just here, but elsewhere.

For that reason, unfortunately, my being an Administrator is not the best thing for these Forums and never can be again. It's just not possible.

So...yeah, we're cool. I'm sorry that I can't think of a good way to end this post.

Let's talk some gambling. It's what we're here for, no?
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
March 16th, 2018 at 4:40:44 PM permalink

however, he failed to adequately provide answers to direct questions related to the allegations.
He chose to hide behind pre planted bushes.
He also continued to provide protection to a known scammer of community members.

I think this forum has suffered irreparable damage to its reputation and was disgraced by the handling of the situation by the entire administrative staff. It should not have been allowed to get so far but that is what happens when you try to squash the truth and think you can control evil.

so this wasn't just about an innocent lunch meeting that a scammer turned into a cover to vouch for him?

what did I miss?
cliffs pls (since Im not going to read the super long StrictlyAP/WoN thread)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Mission146
Mission146
March 16th, 2018 at 4:52:57 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

so this wasn't just about an innocent lunch meeting that a scammer turned into a cover to vouch for him?

what did I miss?

You’ll have to read that thread. I think there’s so much there that it’d be a really big ask for someone to put together a synopsis.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 16th, 2018 at 4:53:01 PM permalink
Quote: waxie22

Oh really so what your telling me is that if someone gives me a choice between a 50 dollar Macys card or a 20 dollar Walgreens Card I should take the Walgreens Card???

No, you should take the Lucky Dragon gas card obv
100% risk of ruin
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
100xOdds
March 16th, 2018 at 5:02:50 PM permalink

what did I miss?

Cliffs: Mission had worked with WoN quite a bit, and says he had never been scammed.

The issue is that it was well known (in my opinion) to most active posters of the forum that WoN was a sock puppet and scammer. I’m surprised he never contacted you given you are a frequent flyer in AC (I think?)

So given that, and the fact that WoN was allowed to publicly recruit victims via the forum for several months to a year, the question is why it took so long to ban him.

FWIW I’m not trying to blame or crucify anyone like some have suggested. This is just how I see the situation given what I know about it. I don’t think any mods intended to protect WoN.
Nathan
Nathan
April 22nd, 2018 at 4:08:19 AM permalink
What's been goingon with Mission? Where is he? He hasn't posted in over a month and hasn't even visited in three days! O.O I have been noticing I haven't heard from him in awhile but I didn't realize how bad it was until I clicked on his name a few minutes ago.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 22nd, 2018 at 4:11:35 AM permalink

What's been goingon with Mission? Where is he? He hasn't posted in over a month and hasn't even visited in three days! O.O I have been noticing I haven't heard from him in awhile but I didn't realize how bad it was until I clicked on his name a few minutes ago.

I had noticed the same thing. I contacted him and he is just fine.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Nathan
Nathan
April 22nd, 2018 at 4:14:53 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I had noticed the same thing. I contacted him and he is just fine.

That is a huge relief! :D
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 22nd, 2018 at 5:59:41 AM permalink
maybe it was time for a period "away from work" altogether
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nathan
Nathan
April 22nd, 2018 at 6:39:15 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

maybe it was time for a period "away from work" altogether

Good point. I still hate that a quick lunch meeting years ago indirectly caused Mission to resign.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 22nd, 2018 at 9:20:24 AM permalink

Good point. I still hate that a quick lunch meeting years ago indirectly caused Mission to resign.

I'm pretty sure a few people are upset that a few seconds of tape recording caused Nixon to resign as well.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
April 22nd, 2018 at 9:46:58 AM permalink

I'm pretty sure a few people are upset that a few seconds of tape recording caused Nixon to resign as well.

really? is that all it was?

it didn't have anything to do with the Watergate break in?

Gee Whiz. WOW!!! If you pay attention you learn something new every day.
Please don't feed the trolls
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
April 22nd, 2018 at 10:01:36 AM permalink
I swear the tapes were blank
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 22nd, 2018 at 11:27:17 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

really? is that all it was?

it didn't have anything to do with the Watergate break in?

Gee Whiz. WOW!!! If you pay attention you learn something new every day.

I blame Gerald Ford. He set it all up so he could become president.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
darkoz
darkoz
April 22nd, 2018 at 11:50:56 AM permalink

Im pretty sure it was an illegal break in to the dnc to help rig the election which resulted in an investigation exposing lies and cover ups

Oh wait are we talking about Nixon or Trump
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 22nd, 2018 at 1:18:45 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I blame Gerald Ford. He set it all up so he could become president.

it sounds logical

there are a lot of people who think LBJ killed JFK so he could be POTUS.

they're still investigating that - they say they're going to wrap up the investigation pretty soon

one of these great internet websites found some previously undiscovered incriminating emails to and from LBJ
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
April 22nd, 2018 at 2:04:53 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it sounds logical

there are a lot of people who think LBJ killed JFK so he could be POTUS.

they're still investigating that - they say they're going to wrap up the investigation pretty soon

one of these great internet websites found some previously undiscovered incriminating emails to and from LBJ

even tho I was born years after jfk got his 3rd eye, I saw the other lone gunman on the grassy knoll.. Elvis!
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 22nd, 2018 at 3:23:05 PM permalink

even tho I was born years after jfk got his 3rd eye, I saw the other lone gunman on the grassy knoll.. Elvis!

Quote: Thomas Jefferson:

"Make sure you have effective anti-virus software installed in your laptop when using wifi when creating important documents."

I'm pretty sure Jefferson used Microsoft Word when he wrote his part of the Declaration of Independence.
Nathan
Nathan
June 16th, 2018 at 9:47:28 AM permalink
Aww, man, I miss Mission so much. He hasn't even VISITED in over a month. This sucks badly! I wish he would come back! :(
  • Jump to: