Thread Rating:

JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
April 4th, 2014 at 7:26:56 PM permalink
There must be something wrong with my browser, I can't get it to invite friends and then unlock the game.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
UTHfan
UTHfan
  • Threads: 17
April 4th, 2014 at 7:42:56 PM permalink
thats a nice amount of chips. What was your per round bet?
I think the way the programmers are, this bug/feature will last as long as they're advertising it.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 4th, 2014 at 8:17:39 PM permalink
Quote: UTHfan

thats a nice amount of chips. What was your per round bet?
I think the way the programmers are, this bug/feature will last as long as they're advertising it.

no good variance for me. I started with 290k chips and bet 6k a spin and went busto within 300 spins.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 6th, 2014 at 1:11:50 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

no good variance for me. I started with 290k chips and bet 6k a spin and went busto within 300 spins.

I just won over 3 mil.

I think that the game itself is not +EV, but it might start in a +EV state, because of the bonus symbols that you start with. So, I bet max bet (60k) until I got a bonus symbol to start a bonus round, and won over 3 mil on the bonus. Obviously the fact that I started with 2/3 symbols for 2 of the bonuses and 1/3 symbols for the other bonus means that I got to that bonus round a lot quicker than I otherwise would have (I also think I did much better than average in the bonus round)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 6th, 2014 at 10:06:43 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I just won over 3 mil.

I think that the game itself is not +EV, but it might start in a +EV state, because of the bonus symbols that you start with. So, I bet max bet (60k) until I got a bonus symbol to start a bonus round, and won over 3 mil on the bonus. Obviously the fact that I started with 2/3 symbols for 2 of the bonuses and 1/3 symbols for the other bonus means that I got to that bonus round a lot quicker than I otherwise would have (I also think I did much better than average in the bonus round)

Interesting thought. Most new games start you out partway to a multi-step bonus. I never considered betting big early on to take possible advantage of that.
GWAE
GWAE
April 7th, 2014 at 3:16:05 AM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I just won over 3 mil.

I thought about doing that but since I only had 300k chips I didn't want to go busto before I got the bonus.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
UTHfan
UTHfan
April 7th, 2014 at 7:35:34 AM permalink
right, like they set it to be rich for the first day you play it. It's cooled off since then. For example, first time played, the bonuses were already basically full and ready for one trigger to be pulled. Then, I hit major bonuses.
So, YMMV.
Day 1, the game was loaded.
Day 2, the game was anti-loaded.
Am currently focusing on BJ but will see if the game is generous or what now.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 7th, 2014 at 11:15:55 AM permalink
Quote: UTHfan

right, like they set it to be rich for the first day you play it. It's cooled off since then. For example, first time played, the bonuses were already basically full and ready for one trigger to be pulled. Then, I hit major bonuses.
So, YMMV.
Day 1, the game was loaded.
Day 2, the game was anti-loaded.
Am currently focusing on BJ but will see if the game is generous or what now.

The state of your machine stays the same until you play it. It's your machine. If you quit with 2/3 bonus symbols and come back a week later, it will have 2/3 bonus symbols.

The point here is that, the first time you play it, it starts with 2/3, 1/3, and 2/3 symbols for the 3 bonuses. Once you enter a bonus round, that bonus resets to 0/3 and your EV drops dramatically. Bonus wins are always based on your average bet since the last bonus, so starting with some bonus symbols gives you a chance to "wong in" that you will not get ever again, on that game. So, if you don't have enough to max bet when it first gets released, you can wait until you build up some chips, and the opportunity will still be there when you are ready.

I'm not sure if it is actually +EV at its starting point -- I may have just gotten very, very lucky. I also took a (much smaller, but still significant... around 0.5 mil) win from the MGM game using the same strategy. I am going to try this every time they release a new game and see how it goes.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 7th, 2014 at 12:25:45 PM permalink
I played it on and off over the weekend, rather indiferently (I had a bons game waiting when I returned from grocery shopping). I went from 33?+ K to 850+ K and leveled up twice. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the tip!

Now, can I sell or transfer gold points?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 8th, 2014 at 12:35:35 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Now, can I sell or transfer gold points?

Not that I know of. It seems to me that if you could, then there would be a black market for them.

Who else remembers when you could buy loyalty (gold) points?

In fact, the Rewards tab still includes a "Chips & Loyalty" button at the end of each hotel's items, even though the page that comes up only lets you buy (red) chips, and not loyalty points.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 8th, 2014 at 12:44:25 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Not that I know of.

Too bad. I expect I'll use some, but I'll have lots left over.

Quote:

It seems to me that if you could, then there would be a black market for them.

If there were one, I'd expect someone here to have heard of it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
UTHfan
UTHfan
April 8th, 2014 at 6:09:56 PM permalink
oh, I get your points. My point is when those bonuses hit the first few times (even after the pre-filled status had been cleared by activating it), the wins were huuugggeee especially compared to my starting bets. Across the board. And in the gator battle, for example, I won every battle. Now, I am winning around 40-60%.
beerseason
beerseason
  • Threads: 4
April 29th, 2014 at 6:26:43 AM permalink
Double LP today on level ups. Just a heads up for anyone who plays.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 29th, 2014 at 6:31:14 AM permalink
Quote: beerseason

Double LP today on level ups. Just a heads up for anyone who plays.

It's not working though. You get an error when you level up, and no LPs are awarded once you refresh the page. So just wait til later after they fix it.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beerseason
beerseason
  • Threads: 4
April 29th, 2014 at 6:48:55 AM permalink
i just noticed that. Dangggg. guess i will have to submit a ticket
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 29th, 2014 at 9:28:58 AM permalink
It worked fine for me. I have done 10 level ups.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 16th, 2014 at 9:59:52 AM permalink
After reading this article:

Free Play Article

I started playing MyVegas slots on FB and mobile. In less than 72 hours, I've got 5K Loyalty Points without spending a cent of my own money. With a trip scheduled to Vegas in late July, I sent an invite to my wife and to half of the other couple that's coming with us on the trip. We got a good deal on airfare + hotel that has us staying at the Excalibur. I've never stayed there but the other couple has and they've got no complaints and my wife is primarily interested in a place with a nice pool - and from the review on WoO, that's the one feature of the place that really shines.

In any case, to the topic of this thread - What's the catch?!?!?!

I can open the MyVegas Slots game in an unattended tab on my PC and set it to auto-spin and just rack up the Loyalty Points.

You can only redeem 3 rewards in 30 days, but for the two of us that's 6 rewards for a 4-night stay. With only two months before our trip, I'm thinking we can easily get a couple of free breakfast/lunch buffets and maybe even some kind of bargain on a show. With more time - let's say we were to go again 6 months later - we could easily get three nights of mid-week comp rooms at a low/mid-tier MGM property like Excalibur/Monte Carlo or even NYNY/Luxor.
GWAE
GWAE
May 16th, 2014 at 10:08:28 AM permalink
Quote: TerribleTom

After reading this article:

Free Play Article

I started playing MyVegas slots on FB and mobile. In less than 72 hours, I've got 5K Loyalty Points without spending a cent of my own money. With a trip scheduled to Vegas in late July, I sent an invite to my wife and to half of the other couple that's coming with us on the trip. We got a good deal on airfare + hotel that has us staying at the Excalibur. I've never stayed there but the other couple has and they've got no complaints and my wife is primarily interested in a place with a nice pool - and from the review on WoO, that's the one feature of the place that really shines.

I can open the MyVegas Slots game in an unattended tab on my PC and set it to auto-spin and just rack up the Loyalty Points.

You can only redeem 3 rewards in 30 days, but for the two of us that's 6 rewards for a 4-night stay. With only two months before our trip, I'm thinking we can easily get a couple of free breakfast/lunch buffets and maybe even some kind of bargain on a show. With more time - let's say we were to go again 6 months later - we could easily get three nights of mid-week comp rooms at a low/mid-tier MGM property like Excalibur/Monte Carlo or even NYNY/Luxor.

yep its all true. You can also download an App for your phone and get points away from the PC as well.

The problem with auto spinning is that you get a fair amount of bonus rounds which you have to play. I have been playing for about 6 months now and I have 400k LPs.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 16th, 2014 at 10:20:00 AM permalink
Is it possible to add a MyVegas neighbor without "friending" them on FB?

ETA - looks like it is not.
mrclean
mrclean
May 16th, 2014 at 10:48:01 AM permalink
Do you need to link it to a Facebook account to get the discounts?

Does your Facebook account need to reflect your real name? In other words, are the discounts 'in the name of the Facebook acct holder?"

Thanks,
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 16th, 2014 at 11:16:17 AM permalink
Yes, you need a FB account to play the FB version of the game. I think you could play the mobile version without a FB account.

When you redeem your points for rewards you enter an e-mail address, so the FB acct name could be fictitious.

There is some way to link your Mlife and MyVegas accounts as well, but I have not gotten that far yet.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
May 16th, 2014 at 11:32:49 AM permalink

In any case, to the topic of this thread - What's the catch?!?!?!.

Well I'll be taking my 3rd trip getting free stuff from myVegas and I haven't found the "catch" yet. I consider myVegas a GREAT deal provided you have 20 minutes of spare time a day to collect red chips and eventually convert them to gold. My wife and I each have an account.

This isn't a "catch", but an fyi - I think you can only redeem any specific prize once. Ever. So eventually I suppose you would run out of decent things to redeem for. I am getting close to that point.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
May 16th, 2014 at 1:08:48 PM permalink

Ever notice that the bonus wheel says, "This Spin Brought to You by <insert the name of an MLife hotel here>"? In part, that's the "catch" - MyVegas is, like the say on TV, "provided in exchange for promotional considerations".

At least until either you run out of spins - the maximum at any given time is 200, and you need to be a fairly high XP level to be able to do that - or you reach a bonus round, where the game stops cold until you come back to play it manually.

Meanwhile, here's something I noticed: either the demand for tickets to The Beatles LOVE show at the Mirage isn't nearly as bad as it was just a month ago, or they're offering more tickets. In early April, the daily supply of premium (i.e. non-nosebleed) tickets sold out in 10 minutes; now, I saw something like 7 still available 90 minutes after the "restocking time." (The hot item at Mirage seems to be the 2 dinner buffets; those seem to be sold out while the 1 dinner buffet rewards are almost always available. This could be because people are realizing getting 2 tickets to a show counts as 2 redemptions towards the 3-in-30-days limit, whereas the "2 buffet passes" counts as just one.)
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 16th, 2014 at 1:41:36 PM permalink
I guess the "catch" is that MGM can lure visitors to their properties by offering relatively modest rewards and expecting that they'll still be able to turn a profit on these visitors via gambling, non-comped rooms/meals/drinks/shows, etc.

It's still an awfully good deal for someone that only gets to Vegas once or twice a year.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
May 16th, 2014 at 2:03:02 PM permalink

Don't forget that some players will pay to buy tokens in order to play longer. This provides the income for the company.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 16th, 2014 at 2:49:57 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

Don't forget that some players will pay to buy tokens in order to play longer. This provides the income for the company.

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

They offer you these deals on chips - like 1.1M RED + 20K GOLD for $199 - and initially I was thinking that the 1.1M RED was GOLD and really scratching my head. 1.1M GOLD for $200 would be a screaming deal.

The actual deal is not good enough to entice me to pay actual money to play fake slots. I'll stick to the free red chips and grind out my rewards the old fashioned way.
GWAE
GWAE
May 16th, 2014 at 3:27:38 PM permalink
When I started playing I bought $40 worth of chips to complete a challenge. Then I realized I was an idiot. There are people on the facebook group that have claimed to have spent hundreds on the game
GWAE
GWAE
May 16th, 2014 at 3:37:59 PM permalink
Duplicate
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
May 16th, 2014 at 3:56:07 PM permalink

The actual deal is not good enough to entice me to pay actual money to play fake slots. I'll stick to the free red chips and grind out my rewards the old fashioned way.

97% of the players agree with your method Tom.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
May 16th, 2014 at 3:57:47 PM permalink
Both me and my wife have both started on this. with 15 months until we are in Vegas, should be able to rack up enough points for some decent rewards.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
May 16th, 2014 at 6:03:42 PM permalink
Quote: mrclean

Do you need to link it to a Facebook account to get the discounts?

Does your Facebook account need to reflect your real name? In other words, are the discounts 'in the name of the Facebook acct holder?"
Thanks,

No, you can change the name on it. I don't have a Facebook account in my name.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
May 16th, 2014 at 9:45:07 PM permalink

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

Not completely. I bought enough chips to get a 4th redemption, and the value in my prize far exceeded what I paid out. But that means I had a lot of gold chips still in my account after my 3rd redemption.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
May 17th, 2014 at 11:20:01 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Yeah, that's crazy talk.

Not completely. I bought enough chips to get a 4th redemption, and the value in my prize far exceeded what I paid out. But that means I had a lot of gold chips still in my account after my 3rd redemption.

That might be the one instance where paying for chips makes sense.
silentbob16
silentbob16
  • Threads: 3
May 25th, 2014 at 3:34:35 PM permalink
Answers to Common myVEGAS Questions

Here are the answers to many myVEGAS question that get asked over and over. Bookmark/favorite this post and you can use these links in any forum, group or page to quickly answer someones questions.

Q: What slots should I play and what is the best strategy?
A:

Q: What is the best strategy for blackjack and is it rigged?
A:

Q: How many myVEGAS rewards can I use each trip?
A:

Q: Why am I not getting myVEGAS chips emails?
A:

Q: Is there a daily limit on chip collections?
A:

Q: How many chips do I get from my hotels and how often?
A:

Q: What are chip coupons and how do they work?
A:

Q: How do I obtain and share 201s?
A:

Q: How do I earn Loyalty Points in myVEGAS?
A:

Q: How do I collect chips, share, and get "Impressive" daily in myVEGAS?
A:

Q: How do I make my Facebook newsfeed show only myVEGAS links?
A:

Q: Is it good to play during double XP?
A:
Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
June 8th, 2014 at 6:24:09 PM permalink
I didn't read through all 4 pages so not sure if this has been commented already.

The slots are rigged!!

I was highly suspicious when at first my balance skyrocketed within the first 20 spins. So I grabbed another device to test.

exact...f***ing...same...spins...

not only same results, but same spins.

The funnier thing is the "pick as many cards as possible before you get jailed 3 times" on the 2nd game

it doesn't matter what you pick, your results are predetermined and it will occur in order that you pick em. You will end up with 700 chips at max bet and miss the super collect.

Once again, rigged. If you don't believe me grab 2 devices and test it yourself. Can we put these guys on the online casino blacklist?
GWAE
GWAE
June 8th, 2014 at 6:27:08 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

I didn't read through all 4 pages so not sure if this has been commented already.

The slots are rigged!!

I was highly suspicious when at first my balance skyrocketed within the first 20 spins. So I grabbed another device to test.

exact...fucking...same...spins...

The funnier thing is the "pick as many cards as possible before you get jailed 3 times" on the 2nd game

it doesn't matter what you pick, your results are predetermined and it will occur in order that you pick em.

Once again, rigged. If you don't believe me grab 2 devices and test it yourself. Can we put these guys on the online casino blacklist?

everyone already knows that the bonus games are pre determined. Aern't bonus rounds on a real slot machine predetermined as well?

The game is free and you get awesome rewards. Relax and just earn the comps.
Neutrino
Neutrino
June 8th, 2014 at 6:36:42 PM permalink

everyone already knows that the bonus games are pre determined. Aern't bonus rounds on a real slot machine predetermined as well?

The actual non-bonus is rigged as well.

Seriously, grab 2 device like I did, play them side by side to compare.

You'll feel disgusted by the rigging
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 8th, 2014 at 7:16:05 PM permalink

The slots are rigged!!

exact...f*****...same...spins...

it doesn't matter what you pick, your results are predetermined and it will occur in order that you pick em. You will end up with 700 chips at max bet and miss the super collect.

Neutrino,

Last warning about f-bombs on here. Please mask your profanity. Thanks.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Neutrino
Neutrino
June 8th, 2014 at 7:21:41 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The slots are rigged!!

exact...f*****...same...spins...

Neutrino,

Last warning about f-bombs on here. Please mask your profanity. Thanks.

I keep forgetting, sorry.
FinsRule
FinsRule
June 8th, 2014 at 7:25:41 PM permalink
It doesn't matter if it's rigged. You don't play for the fun...
tringlomane
tringlomane
June 8th, 2014 at 7:43:38 PM permalink

As for real casino games, they generally are NOT predetermined, but either is legal in most jurisdictions. In jurisdictions where only Class II gaming is allowed, then bonuses MUST be predetermined.

Anyone who pays to play this game has other, serious issues to deal with.
FinsRule
FinsRule
June 8th, 2014 at 7:49:13 PM permalink
Not sure what that means - My brother and I saved about $600 on our trip by playing. I earn comps at a faster rate playing Myvegas then I do playing $20 paigow...
tringlomane
tringlomane
June 8th, 2014 at 7:56:05 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Not sure what that means - My brother and I saved about $600 on our trip by playing. I earn comps at a faster rate playing Myvegas then I do playing $20 paigow...

I definitely earn comps faster than what I play in the real casino too. It's great for low rollers. I still have 400k LPs to spend even after 3 trips...lol But the chip packages are ripoffs, I hope not too many people get suckered into that.
FinsRule
FinsRule
June 8th, 2014 at 8:04:59 PM permalink
I've spent $5 on chips For my wife and $5 for myself. I think it was good to support the developers.

I have 450k in gold, my wife has like 650k
tringlomane
tringlomane
June 8th, 2014 at 8:09:10 PM permalink

I've spent $5 on chips For my wife and $5 for myself. I think it was good to support the developers.

I have 450k in gold, my wife has like 650k

Well, that's not a big deal. I mostly meant spending so much on the game where the game's value terribly decreases and even turns negative.
FinsRule
FinsRule
June 8th, 2014 at 8:11:31 PM permalink
I try not to criticize how people spend money, but spending lots of money on Facebook games isn't what I would do...
GWAE
GWAE
June 8th, 2014 at 8:54:40 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I definitely earn comps faster than what I play in the real casino too. It's great for low rollers. I still have 400k LPs to spend even after 3 trips...lol But the chip packages are ripoffs, I hope not too many people get suckered into that.

I actually spent about $60 at the beginning. I was trying to complete a puzzle or something. Afterwards I laughed at myself and admitted that they got me. At least I got a 4th redemption out of it so it wasn't all lost.
Neutrino
Neutrino
June 8th, 2014 at 8:57:11 PM permalink

It doesn't matter if it's rigged. You don't play for the fun...

!?!?

you're gonna be forced to lose and either buy their chips with real money or harass your friends for free chips if you want to continue
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
June 8th, 2014 at 9:25:35 PM permalink

!?!?

you're gonna be forced to lose and either buy their chips with real money or harass your friends for free chips if you want to continue

Dude. They give you free chips every day, There are chip share pages all over the place. I started on May 14 and already have enough gold for a Cirque show and a buffet pass. Not a cent out of pocket.

You are doing it wrong.
tringlomane
tringlomane
June 8th, 2014 at 9:37:44 PM permalink

!?!?

My only friends are my g/f and 1 other person. I've redeemed 4 Cirque du Soleil tickets and redeemed 6 room nights in 19 months with 400k LP to spare. I've not spent a dime. If you run out of chips, you just stop playing and collect them until your bankroll is better. And make sure you do your daily spin nearly every day. Blackjack is an option too.

The game is not nearly as good as it used to be though.

And wow, I just got 5k chips on the monorail. I don't think I have ever got that before...or I never noticed anyway...
  • Jump to: