Thread Rating:

Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 5th, 2012 at 8:43:49 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

Threads: 79

" ALL the other independent developers felt burned because the SHFL games all had positive scores, "inflicting" a very heavy curve on the results in some people's eyes."

Do you still stand by this statement, DAN ??????

Yes - absoutely - and you can see this applied in Roger's second set of specifications for his second expo.
You for one, Buzzpaff, were left way out in left field once the results were tabulated on ALL the game submissions, - including YOURS - BUZZPAFF;
You did not do quite as well as Shufflemaster's inhouse projects that had been a part of the original competition, and neither had I with Hong Kong Poker - "now that YOU ask." In fact, your game was shit-trashed in the scoring, if I may point out, - as well as mine. I do not count this as a basis for fawning or holding a patronizing position, if I find the scoring questionable. If the scoring was clean, I'd shut up and take the lumps along with the corrective comments. I, for one, know and respect Roger well enough not to patronize him if I do question the results. If he expects anything less, he ain't getting it.

If you call my honesty ingratitude, I will say you are mistaken, as I express my professional relationship with Pacman (as I do with Earle Himself) by not lying to them on how I see things in gaming, - or in how situations went down.

If DEQ doesn't pay me to lie to Earle or Steve, then they certainly dont pay me to lie to Roger, now do they.
For what goes on in this board at times, I'm stunned at times at the log-rolling.

Others do - shamelessly! Ha! A bad game I will call a bad game, - and Public Relation Mistakes the First time around I will also call as such.

I would like to think we all work together in this industry, as much as we may bicker at times - and BOY, can we fight.

But We are all just looking for progress and improvement.

Dan.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
UCivan
UCivan
  • Threads: 80
May 5th, 2012 at 8:45:20 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

I ALSO have massive stakes and investments in table games design, and in table games placement - as a table games designer who is working for the direct competitor of Shufflemaster, DEQ Systems; and I have NO problem with Roger or with Shufflemaster.

WOW, I did not know this. Now I understand why Roger said he was "misquoted, misrepresented,.." by Dan / Paigowdan.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 5th, 2012 at 8:47:21 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Here's an idea.

How about making a thread for discussing and criticizing SHFL 2, and leaving Pacman room here to update this event. After all, the people who do matter as far these events go, the game developers themselves, are fine with it. While the person making all the objections, flames and noise doesn't even have a dog in the fight.

I don't have anything at stake here, beyond rooting for the board members involved and wishing them success with their games. But I do care about the board. I think it's good to have these types of events advertised and followed up here. Think about it. The game distributor is coming here to look for new games. That tells you something about the quality of the game inventors who come here, and of the Wizard's math work for some of them as well.

Is this something we want to drive away from here by drowning it in noise?

As Paigowdan said please re-read the thread. I was making a joke to Pacman. Paigowdan interjected and tried to make it about him. He continues to insult me this time calling me an ignorant fool. He hasn't edited that one yet.

Nareed, are you really trying to spin this into objections, flames and noise? You're better than that. Do you have any comment about the personal insults directed at me? I have never insulted anyone or used profanity and I never will. I will take your wise advice and make this my final post on this matter for the good of the forum. Do you think my attacker will do the same or will he spend the rest of the day making posts that I promise not to respond to?

Nareed, I don't speak to you very often so let me take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Vegas vacation. I know everyone appreciates all your efforts to make it a great one!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
May 5th, 2012 at 8:53:47 AM permalink
" ALL the other independent developers felt burned because the SHFL games all had positive scores, "inflicting" a very heavy curve on the results in some people's eyes."

Since you capitalized ALL, I take that to mean I felt burned. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Neither by words, actions, or body language did I express any displeasure with the scoring system.
You might want to check with the Wiz as my parting comments were about garage sales, of all things.
If you want to speak for me, perhaps you should consider signing a non-disclosure agreement first.
Or at least wait until I post my feeling about the Dinner and Focus group. You might actually learn
something !
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
May 5th, 2012 at 8:58:59 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

As Paigowdan said please re-read the thread. I was making a joke to Pacman. Paigowdan interjected and tried to make it about him. He continues to insult me this time calling me an ignorant fool. He hasn't edited that one yet.

I'm not going to, because I felt your comment added nothing to the thread or to gaming in general, - and I said so. Your joke was out of place for anyone concerned. I too make such mistakes, just pointing it out. You may edit your post as you see fit.

Nareed, are you really trying to spin this into objections, flames and noise? You're better than that. Do you have any comment about the personal insults directed at me? I have never insulted anyone or used profanity and I never will.

1BB, your posts are often taken or interpreted as personal insults, or as irrelevant mis-directions on a thread that have nothing to do with the gaming industry.

I will take your wise advice and make this my final post on this matter for the good of the forum. Do you think my attacker will do the same or will he spend the rest of the day making posts that I promise not to respond to?

1BB, you were considered the attacker AND thread interruptor. Kathy, - eyes are upon you. :)
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
May 5th, 2012 at 10:49:07 AM permalink
Deleted my post, am bored now.

Never mind...
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 5th, 2012 at 11:40:06 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Kathy, I have a lot of dogs in the fight in the gaming industry.

I know. In fact the complaint wasn't a reference to you, or to 1BB (aka Ben Backedoff). But as far as I could see, which isn't easy when you block certain users, Evenbob's trolling around and weaving baseless conspiracy theories about what was, after all, a good faith gesture by a game distributor to let developers show their games.

Dan, you're obviously a man with strong convictions and a great deal of passion. I admire and respect both traits.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 5th, 2012 at 11:49:19 AM permalink

As Paigowdan said please re-read the thread. I was making a joke to Pacman.

Please do read my post to Dan. I wasn't referring either to him or to you.

Quote:

Do you have any comment about the personal insults directed at me?

You'll have to forgive me, but I haven't been following the threads close enough. I must have missed it.

Quote:

Nareed, I don't speak to you very often so let me take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Vegas vacation. I know everyone appreciates all your efforts to make it a great one!

Thank you. FYI I've been running around all morning making last minute preparations, shopping, etc. I expect I'll spend the day packing and printing out pay tables and strategy cards :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
May 5th, 2012 at 12:22:34 PM permalink
Read this article and this one to get a real idea of what you're up against. What really sold me that Roger is probably a good guy is: "Once, while driving, threw an apple into the back of a garbage truck that was stopped in front of me ... left-handed, mind you." This is why he makes the big bucks at SHFL.
They apparently believed him..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
May 5th, 2012 at 1:07:12 PM permalink
Quote: Pacman

Around June 12.

I fly in on the 7th so count me in to be at SHFL2.

• Jump to: