Thread Rating:

KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
July 17th, 2018 at 10:57:43 PM permalink
Today I was playing double double bonus and I observed a woman sitting next to me also playing double double bonus, doing the following: (a 10c denom machine with bet up to 10 credits)

1) she would hit the "bet one credit" button 10 times... every single time! Did she not know that she only needed to do that once, and then just hit "draw" each time after that (even better, just hit max bet), or did she like to hit buttons?

2) she always held ten and ace of the same suit

3) she would hold a single 2, 3, or 4

no wonder she blew through 60 bucks in ten minutes... wow

Someone calculate the payback percentage for that one, I'm curious. :-)
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
July 18th, 2018 at 4:02:23 AM permalink
2) this makes sense for progressives that are offering approximately 4800 coins or more for a royal
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
July 18th, 2018 at 8:38:43 AM permalink
Sadly, I came expecting a lot worse. I watch people play VP so horribly it's much more deserving of atrocious than this. I watch people hold A high in deuces wild, or A-Q (not suited). I watch people hold J-8 suited in JoB or DDB. I watch people hold any 3 suited cards in all games. I watch people throw away 4 to a natural royal for a high pair.

This lady seems to be one up on the "regular crowd."
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
DRich
July 18th, 2018 at 9:08:42 AM permalink
I'd imagine that people who don't know any better probably just use the 5-card draw strategy they learned when they first started playing poker (which probably was not optimal, either).

Even if it causes you to die a little inside when you see something like someone holding an ace kicker with their pair in JoB, its still a win-win. They are happy to play their way, and we are happy knowing that people like that are the reason why paytables are as good as they are. If everyone played correct strategy, I bet 9/6 JoB would disappear.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
July 18th, 2018 at 8:54:44 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I'd imagine that people who don't know any better probably just use the 5-card draw strategy they learned when they first started playing poker (which probably was not optimal, either).

Even if it causes you to die a little inside when you see something like someone holding an ace kicker with their pair in JoB, its still a win-win. They are happy to play their way, and we are happy knowing that people like that are the reason why paytables are as good as they are. If everyone played correct strategy, I bet 9/6 JoB would disappear.

Absolutely! It it were not for bad VP players, 99% VP would not exist. If it were not for bad BJ players and side bets, 99.5% BJ would not exist.
  • Jump to: