DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
November 16th, 2016 at 8:12:58 PM permalink
I spent some time with him and we had a meal together. He was pleasant and professional.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
November 16th, 2016 at 8:27:05 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

At least 1/3 of his columns are about how someone he knows/met is not smart enough to play video poker for living.[/q

If you replaced the word smart with committed I'd agree with that. Nothing wrong with telling people how tough it is to make it in VP today. Unless you already have a monster bankroll, the age of specializing in one thing in AP and being really successful is over

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 16th, 2016 at 8:43:23 PM permalink
Not the first time Bob Dancer has been discussed here.

see: Bob Dancer poll
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1246
November 16th, 2016 at 9:17:05 PM permalink
I'd like to remind everybody that Bob is a member of the forum and thus has personal insult protection.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
November 16th, 2016 at 11:26:02 PM permalink
Mike -

I don't think any of the comments here are meant to be insults. Just opinions.

For example, my opinion is based entirely on the podcast: would it be an insult to say he talks about his sex life too much? What about saying that when he does so, it makes him creepy. Is that insulting?

For the record, not as creepy as Bill Cosby or Michael Jackson, but still creepy.

Does he really read comments about him here? Good. Maybe he'll take these comments at face value. Maybe not.

Frankly, I suspect not. Not because these are not the first time these types of comments appeared here resulting in no change, but because other comments which are NOT personal attacks also resulted in no change.

I'm referring to the comments from me as well as other members, about the podcast's crappy audio quality. Does he not care? Some episodes are so bad they are unlistenable. And his podcast is supposed to be radio quality!

Some of the podcasts I subscribe to are recorded in a living room. And their quality far exceeds that of the studio produced GWAE. If I say that Bob is too lazy to listen to his own show and fix it, is that an insult? Would it be enough of an insult to get him off his lazy ass and do something about it? I kinda hope so...

No insult intended but fix the damn audio Bob!!! And stop telling us how much you get laid. (Eww, ick...)
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
November 17th, 2016 at 7:03:44 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Mike -

No insult intended but fix the damn audio Bob!!! And stop telling us how much you get laid. (Eww, ick...)

Yea, if it was EvenBob, it would be more interesting.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 495
November 17th, 2016 at 8:28:09 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd like to remind everybody that Bob is a member of the forum and thus has personal insult protection.

then lets talk about El Presidente Trump.
or How about Rob Singer? :)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 17th, 2016 at 8:48:34 AM permalink
Q:

If someone who is the target of many insults on this board, say President-elect Donald Trump, decided to become a member of this board, would that membership insulate him or her from any future insults?

Have the mods / owners ever faced such a situation where a "target" of insult has joined, or tried to join, the board?

How would the mods react if Trump did try to join, for whatever reason: would / could membership be denied?

Why / why not?
Last edited by: MrV on Nov 17, 2016
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
November 17th, 2016 at 11:43:12 AM permalink
I think we would be allowed to attack the person's statements and actions without insulting him personally. I'd imagine saying trump was in way over his head and was race baiting would be permissible, while calling him an orange ape would not.
If Rob singer joined he'd still be a fraud and would rightfully get called out.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
November 17th, 2016 at 12:14:39 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Q:

If someone who is the target of many insults on this board, say President-elect Donald Trump, decided to become a member of this board, would that membership insulate him or her from any future insults?

Wait, you think Trump would actually obey the insult rule himself?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: