bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
August 1st, 2016 at 12:43:10 AM permalink
I was cleaning up my hard drive and deleting some stuff when I came upon a note to myself from 2008. It was about a hand of NSU. I don't know where I got it from but I'm guessing I probably read it in one of Bob Dancer's Winners Guides or maybe it was in one of his weekly articles, or maybe I just found it by myself while practicing. I don't know and I don't feel like looking for the origin, I have it in a note to myself and that's all I care for the moment.

In case someone wants to figure it out before I give the spoiler, here's the situation.

When is a RF2, Ace-high, better than drawing five cards? No wild cards, and no progressive.

Someone will probably answer this instantly.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 1st, 2016 at 12:56:29 AM permalink
There is an appendix dedicated to this.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 1st, 2016 at 1:17:03 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

There is an appendix dedicated to this.

Then maybe I should have gotten up off my lazy ass and gone and looked for the book. But I have a cat on my lap and I don't want to wake her.

It's still an interesting hand, especially since it's only one hand. And it'll save you 1/10th of a cent in $500,000 coin-in, not too shabby.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 1st, 2016 at 5:45:25 AM permalink
'AT' 975 where the 975 are rainbow but off-suit to the AT. The only RF2 Ace-high in NSU where it is better than a five-card draw. No wonder I wrote that down, I must have thought that particularly interesting. And yes, it was in Dancer's NSU Winner's Guide in Appendix-F, when I got my ass out of the chair and went and looked at it.

Also interesting, and not in the note I had found written to myself, are the hands 'AT' 985 and 'AT' 875, same situation with the suits, and those two hands are equal to drawing five new cards.

It's hard to remember every little nuance of this game, but I bet I will remember these three hands the rest of my life now that I have posted about it. It burned into my brain, I can feel it.
  • Jump to: