richbailey86
richbailey86
Joined: May 8, 2014
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 325
August 20th, 2014 at 3:19:53 PM permalink
http://aarontodd.casinocitytimes.com/article/top-10-lowest-house-edge-casino-bets-59118
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. Ron Paul
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 20th, 2014 at 3:24:47 PM permalink
Quote: richbailey86

http://aarontodd.casinocitytimes.com/article/top-10-lowest-house-edge-casino-bets-59118



Decent article but there are lots of VP games with better payouts that are not mentioned.

Also, most players make some mistakes (although JoB is one of the easiest games to play perfectly) so most players will lose a little more than that (compared to a game like baccarat or craps, which requires no skill beyond making the correct bet and waiting to see if the dealer pushes you some chips)
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
Joined: Jul 13, 2013
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2299
August 20th, 2014 at 3:26:48 PM permalink
Quote: richbailey86

http://aarontodd.casinocitytimes.com/article/top-10-lowest-house-edge-casino-bets-59118



Mr. Todd made a slight mistake in his description of 9/6 Jacks. The full house and flush pay 9 for 1 and 6 for 1 respectively, not 9 to 1 and 6 to 1.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
richbailey86
richbailey86
Joined: May 8, 2014
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 325
August 20th, 2014 at 3:38:30 PM permalink
with 100% perfect blackjack basic strategy would a martingale have any long term winning effects
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. Ron Paul
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
August 20th, 2014 at 3:40:53 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Mr. Todd made a slight mistake in his description of 9/6 Jacks. The full house and flush pay 9 for 1 and 6 for 1 respectively, not 9 to 1 and 6 to 1.



A slight mistake that could cost a casino dearly if they actually programmed it that way.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
August 20th, 2014 at 3:45:14 PM permalink
Quote: richbailey86

with 100% perfect blackjack basic strategy would a martingale have any long term winning effects



Absolutely. The casino would win far more money from you in the long term.
richbailey86
richbailey86
Joined: May 8, 2014
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 325
August 20th, 2014 at 3:48:25 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Absolutely. The casino would win far more money from you in the long term.



Lol
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. Ron Paul
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
August 20th, 2014 at 3:50:32 PM permalink
I think the best possible bet for complete newbies is the craps table or baccarat table. You can't mess up a passline with odds or player or banker. Of course this means making bigger bets then a penny slot player, but overall they will probably lose less in EV.

Of course don't forget the Max Rubin principle: play on full tables, take a long time, and rathole some chips.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous

  • Jump to: