superbri
superbri
  • Threads: 10
April 27th, 2011 at 4:26:46 PM permalink
I have studied wizardofodds and read "Beyond Counting" by James Grosjean but i still can't decipher which game is better for me
Can anyone help a thicko please
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
April 27th, 2011 at 5:46:33 PM permalink
it depends what you mean by "better" for you. Do you want longest time at table, or highest possible win, most variance, least volatile?
[This space is intentionally left blank]
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
April 27th, 2011 at 5:56:14 PM permalink
I prefer Crazy 4 poker because I'd rather be playing against a qualifying hand than give the dealer an extra card. Matter of preference though.
superbri
superbri
April 27th, 2011 at 6:11:11 PM permalink
I think i can answer your questions by saying .......
when I play 3 Card Poker I always bet on "pairs plus" ............................( I know WizardofOdds does not concur)
when I play Pai Gow Fortune Bonus ; I always bet $5 on "Envy" Bonus ....( )
when I play Roulette I mainly bet on Single Numbers

S U C K E R / M U G I Know - but at least I know what I am doing !!! ( well I think I do ............ I am prepared ( in small sessions) to leave BJ/Baccarat/Craps for Carnival games )

however can you give me the house odds for your 4 variations ( if thats possible - sorry for such a nebulous question)
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
April 27th, 2011 at 8:54:32 PM permalink
Quote: superbri

I think i can answer your questions by saying .......
when I play 3 Card Poker I always bet on "pairs plus" ............................( I know WizardofOdds does not concur)
when I play Pai Gow Fortune Bonus ; I always bet $5 on "Envy" Bonus ....( )
when I play Roulette I mainly bet on Single Numbers

S U C K E R / M U G I Know - but at least I know what I am doing !!! ( well I think I do ............ I am prepared ( in small sessions) to leave BJ/Baccarat/Craps for Carnival games )

however can you give me the house odds for your 4 variations ( if thats possible - sorry for such a nebulous question)

I play the same way you do, and I have a preference for Crazy Four, for the same reason Fins says. In my experience Crazy also is a little less volatile; you can push or win/lose a single unit more often. BUT I've been really reamed in both, and also had big hits in both.

A fun way to play the goofball games is to set a hand limit, and go from game to game; 10 hands of Crazy, 10 hands of Carib, 10 of 3 Card, etc. Then do a shoe of bj, a round of craps, run $100 through a slot and then a vp game. Mix 'em up. It doesn't change any odds or luck or anything, but it keeps you from getting fatigued, and keeps you from chasing losses and overbetting after winning. It does me, anyhow.

You can have fun with Crazy online for free here.
A falling knife has no handle.
superbri
superbri
April 28th, 2011 at 6:59:06 PM permalink
I do not fancy doing 10 hands then shift / shift / shift but thank you for replying - perhaps an idea I could contemplate along your lines is start with say 2 Units - if I hit 3 units or 1 unit then shift .

What I am hoping to find on this board is statistics to answer my Original question - hopefully Croupier can help
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
April 28th, 2011 at 7:43:08 PM permalink
Oh heck, I've also planted myself at the table for 6 hours, too. It depends on my mood, and the realization that there's no point in trying to grind these games. My only goal is to maximize enjoyment, and you should do the same. If my way sucks for you, discard it!

The statistics are at Wiz's other site, as you know. You can't really quantify time at table other than as a function of HE, and that will vary depending on the Aces Up/Queens Up tables in use. The HE for the basic games are pretty close, though. Highest possible win is 4 Aces on the Crazy 4 Super Bonus. Variance and volatility are similar, IMO, the Super Bonus payouts taking the place of the Bonus payouts in 4 Card. All units being the same, You'll have more at risk at the Crazy 4 table under max bet (6 units vs 5), but you'll have 6 up less often because you can only triple down on AA or better; on less than AA you'll have 4 at risk. But it's all balanced out by the pay tables... so play the one that fits your personality better, 4 out of 5 vs 4 out of 6 and best hand wins, or 4 out of 5 vs 4 out of 5 but dealer has to qualify.
A falling knife has no handle.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
April 29th, 2011 at 5:44:29 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

You can have fun with Crazy online for free here.

Curse you, Mosca! I have discovered a new favorite time-waster!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
  • Jump to: