foxfan20
foxfan20
  • Threads: 6
April 1st, 2011 at 5:31:20 PM permalink
What's the covariance of three-card poker?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 1st, 2011 at 8:01:59 PM permalink
Quote: foxfan20

What's the covariance of three-card poker?

Covariance provides a measure of the strength of the correlation between two or more sets of random variates. The covariance for two random variates X and Y, each with sample size N, is defined by the expectation value

And I still have no idea what covariance is ????
foxfan20
foxfan20
  • Threads: 6
April 1st, 2011 at 8:05:16 PM permalink
Strictly speaking you can't just say "covariance of three-card poker" with the above definition, but usually people say "covariance of [game]" when they want to mean "covariance of playing two hands of [game]". E.g. the covariance of blackjack is 0.48 under most rule sets (it's on WoO somewhere).

And actually I'm looking for the covariance in the hole-carding situation. I forgot that changing that would actually make it different.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 1st, 2011 at 8:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: foxfan20

Strictly speaking you can't just say "covariance of three-card poker" with the above definition, but usually people say "covariance of [game]" when they want to mean "covariance of playing two hands of [game]". E.g. the covariance of blackjack is 0.48 under most rule sets (it's on WoO somewhere).

And actually I'm looking for the covariance in the hole-carding situation. I forgot that changing that would actually make it different.

Hopefully someone can answer you. I am still trying to find out who's on first !!
  • Jump to: