Dobrij
Dobrij
Joined: Jun 6, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 100
May 14th, 2019 at 4:58:06 AM permalink
Hello!
Tell me please, is the USA in table-card games with one deck, casino use shuffle machines, or the croupier shuffle cards with hands?

If there are places where a shuffle makes a croupier, maybe someone can send a video how to look shuffle and shuffle procedures? How many riffles, how many strips, cutting, can a gambler cut a deck with a cutting card?

I will be grateful who will respond
W2B.LT
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13448
May 14th, 2019 at 6:16:02 AM permalink
Quote: Dobrij

Hello!
Tell me please, is the USA in table-card games with one deck, casino use shuffle machines, or the croupier shuffle cards with hands?

If there are places where a shuffle makes a croupier, maybe someone can send a video how to look shuffle and shuffle procedures? How many riffles, how many strips, cutting, can a gambler cut a deck with a cutting card?

I will be grateful who will respond



In my experience, most US casinos now use a shuffler machine for single-deck games.

Those few that hand-shuffle usually do riffle-riffle-strip-riffle-cut for a single deck. Similar for double deck.

For more decks, they split the pile into 2, draw from each side in 1/2 deck handfuls, riffle once or twice thru the pile, strip once, offer a cut or load the shoe.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SiegfriedRoy
SiegfriedRoy
Joined: Sep 23, 2014
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 382
May 14th, 2019 at 6:26:07 AM permalink
Hi Dobrij,

BBB is correct. I'd say majority of the decks are shuffled via machine. There are only a few hand-shuffled single deck games in the US. Before you use any more energy, I'd like to highlight that more than 95% of the single-deck in America pays 6:5 on blackjack. Games that pay 3:2 is rare and some come with additional rules that do not help like (No doubles after split, only double on 10 or 11, and etc.). You may want to see if it's worthwhile to put in the work before doing the research due to the lack of 3:2 single-deck games out here.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 92
  • Posts: 1942
May 14th, 2019 at 9:53:05 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

In my experience, most US casinos now use a shuffler machine for single-deck games.

Those few that hand-shuffle usually do riffle-riffle-strip-riffle-cut for a single deck. Similar for double deck.

For more decks, they split the pile into 2, draw from each side in 1/2 deck handfuls, riffle once or twice thru the pile, strip once, offer a cut or load the shoe.




I've seen a dozen different styles of hand-shuffling six decks. The FIRST thing most of them do, after they split the deck in two, is turn one half around, end to end. I would call it the "Ivey Turn", lol.

What little I've seen of Reno in my only trip there last year, is what I first thought of when I read this thread. Pretty limited topic the OP offered. (obviously from another country)
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
Dobrij
Dobrij
Joined: Jun 6, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 100
May 14th, 2019 at 10:22:44 AM permalink
Thanks to those who responded!

If 1 or 2 decks use only 3 riffles, this is interesting. And at what rates you can play where hands shuffle the cards?
W2B.LT
Dobrij
Dobrij
Joined: Jun 6, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 100
May 15th, 2019 at 2:08:33 AM permalink
OK, can someone please send a video of the manual shuffling of one or two decks?
W2B.LT
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 535
May 15th, 2019 at 2:33:18 PM permalink
We hand shuffle single deck games at my property.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 680
May 15th, 2019 at 2:55:30 PM permalink
Quote: Dobrij

OK, can someone please send a video of the manual shuffling of one or two decks?



Are Google and YouTube not working for you?
Dobrij
Dobrij
Joined: Jun 6, 2012
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 100
May 17th, 2019 at 3:21:52 PM permalink
Mrs/Ms: FCBLComish & SM77

- that what You write is has no value for this forum thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
W2B.LT
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3170
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
May 17th, 2019 at 3:36:46 PM permalink
Quote: Dobrij

Mrs/Ms: FCBLComish & SM77

- that what You write is has no value for this forum thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯



Go shuffle your own decks.
BlackjackPro.......RIP

  • Jump to: