Wulfgar1224
Wulfgar1224
  • Threads: 8
January 11th, 2018 at 8:31:42 PM permalink
I've always found Carribean Stud to be frustrating because the raise bet pushes when the dealer fails to qualify regardless of how big the hand is.

My question is what if they changed the rules of the game so that the ante bet pushed and the raise bet paid when the dealer failed to qualify? What would be the house edge for the game at that point? I've seen the carribean stud calculation page but i don't know how to change the formula since it would depend on what the hand is to determine the payout.

with the current rules the line in question is
UW=Units Won
Comb=Combination
Prob=Probablity
Ret=Return

Dealer does not qualify:
UW Comb Prob. Ret.
1 4532514033720 0.227385 0.227385

I just don't know how to modify that line with the different rules. Any help would be appreciated.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 12th, 2018 at 1:28:43 AM permalink
Quote: Wulfgar1224

I've always found Carribean Stud to be frustrating because the raise bet pushes when the dealer fails to qualify regardless of how big the hand is.

My question is what if they changed the rules of the game so that the ante bet pushed and the raise bet paid when the dealer failed to qualify? What would be the house edge for the game at that point? I've seen the carribean stud calculation page but i don't know how to change the formula since it would depend on what the hand is to determine the payout.

with the current rules the line in question is
UW=Units Won
Comb=Combination
Prob=Probablity
Ret=Return

Dealer does not qualify:
UW Comb Prob. Ret.
1 4532514033720 0.227385 0.227385

I just don't know how to modify that line with the different rules. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm assuming you're talking about woo page here:

https://wizardofodds.com/games/caribbean-stud-poker/

It would take more than just modifying that one line. You would have to have a breakdown of each paying hand out of that 45xx... number you had, and use the pay values listed above that -1 unit each (ie RF pays 200, not 201).

Using the listed values, and paying the play, would turn it into a highly player advantage game, since even a simple non-qual would get 2 units, not 1, but when you fold, you only fold 1 unit.

Personally, I think that one rule (not getting odds paid when dealer doesn't qualify on your good hand) is the reason CS is mostly dead.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
January 13th, 2018 at 3:25:17 PM permalink
Yeah, the ante if increased means that the Raise is not Double, but Single if the game is viable. babs is right CSP is generally gone the way of Jacob Marley.

Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: