avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
August 16th, 2010 at 7:40:38 PM permalink
Perhaps I am an idiot, but, what are the odds of a string of negative outcomes of a pass line wager? For example, 6 consecutive shooters not making a pass. I would be interested in seeing the odds of two, three and so on to about 10 shooters.

Conversely, I would also be interested on the odds of 2 - 10 consecutive pass line wins. The mode in which the win is attained is of no concern, only a positive outcome.

If this info is already posted, please provide a link.

And I apologize in advance if this is just simply a stupid question.

Thanks, Alan
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
August 16th, 2010 at 8:04:42 PM permalink
And btw, I am sure some of you are thinking 'wow, here is another martingale idiot!'. Not at all. I was at the Orleans on sunday and a guy made nine passes. That got me thinking of the odds of that happening. Did I just witness an anomoly, or did I just see something that one out of every 655 shooters can expect. Of course I started to wonder about the other side as well...anyway...thanks for considering the village idiot.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
  • Jump to: