Dwilson
Dwilson
  • Threads: 1
December 28th, 2015 at 3:11:56 PM permalink
I know that each spin of roulette is random, but this just seems too coordinated not to have something wrong.

Here's the situation.

I was walking by the roulette table at the Paris several weeks back and noticed that everything showing- the previous 11 spins- has been black. Everybody is putting money on red because they're sure it won't be black again. I throw some money on black and a few bucks on my favorite basketball players with black numbers. I do this 5-6 straight times and it hits black every time. Okay, so I know, this stuff happens.

But the last two spins also hit my numbers on the inside. The next spin was red and I collected my winnings and left.

But this is the strange part- over the course of 14 spins the numbers were (remember, all black), in this order:

Is this totally messed up? I'd love to know what the probability of hitting the 3rd 28 on 4 spins was.
Dwilson
Dwilson
  • Threads: 1
December 28th, 2015 at 3:14:49 PM permalink
Probably could have saved you all some time by writing this/ over the course of 14 straight spins, it hit black every time and landed on

20, 35 and 28 three times each and 33 and 2 twice each.

Seems pretty wacked. Oh well, glad I was in the black. :)
Wingnut
Wingnut
  • Threads: 0
December 28th, 2015 at 4:05:04 PM permalink
What I find interesting is that these results fall into a section of the wheel that is only 15 pockets, which seems pretty narrow to me. I don't play roulette and had to pull up a diagram of a wheel to see what correlation there was and I was surprised seeing the results. The streak of black is fun to see from a gambling perspective but when you look at where the ball came to rest in the wheel you see that the window in which they fell is somewhat small, being just 7 pockets on either side of the 0.

If I had seen this and had knowledge of the wheels layout I certainly would have watched for a while longer to see if that section surrounding the 0 remained so positive. I don't believe that anyone would say that this small number of results would mean that this wheel was biased, HOWEVER IF there was something wrong with the wheel and it had some tilt to it this might be the way the trials would look.

I have read stories where experienced roulette dealers state that they have a high ability to spin certain sections, and have read where other dealers say that's bull. Let's say that this dealer had that ability, could they be trying to hit that section or possibly keep that ball away from the 00 side of the wheel?

If I had the layout knowledge and had seen those results it wouldn't take me too long to put a small wager on those 15 pockets, and if they had kept showing I would have played those spots till the cows came home or I died of starvation.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 28th, 2015 at 5:42:46 PM permalink
What was the red number? Would be curious if it was in the same corridor. If so who knows maybe something was wrong with the wheel or just one of those things that happen.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: