Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
January 22nd, 2015 at 11:44:51 AM permalink
These are two phenomenon's in baccarat with me over the years. Many years, never seems to change, doesn't matter the property or the locale. The highest majority of the times.

First, the cocktail waitress. Doesn't matter what I order, soda, water, coffee, XO, but whatever it is when she returns with it I am almost certain to lose that hand. Never fails. Could be working 12 Banker streak and she arrives, cut. Could be chop-chop for 10 hands and she arrives, finished.

Second, the dealer change-tie. So many times, highest majority of the times and again-doesn't matter what property or where it is at. New dealer, Tie. If not the first hand the second anyways.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Avincow
Avincow
  • Threads: 24
January 22nd, 2015 at 11:49:39 AM permalink
Well it seems you have figured out the pattern. Why are you not switching your bets to player and tie at the appropriate times then?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 22nd, 2015 at 11:55:15 AM permalink
"...And if not the second hand, then the third hand..."
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 22nd, 2015 at 11:58:05 AM permalink
I do wager ties on Dealer changes, again not every one but often is successful and I would have to say successful at a ratio of several out of 10 times. As far as the waitress, no way to time it and BTW, that one I would lose if I was on a Player streak as well. Seriously.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 22nd, 2015 at 12:11:52 PM permalink
Human brains are actually set up to look for patterns in things, even if there are not patterns. This is what often leads to superstitions such as "same dice" in craps. Especially the stronger the emotion the stronger the pattern appears to be. By the law of large numbers you're bound to lose a hand when a waitress comes over eventually, so what I'm saying is your brain associates that and since the emotion of losing is often stronger than the emotion of winning your brain then makes a pattern that is not there... "I lose when the waitress comes around." Even though if you had recorded EVERY hand you've ever played when I waitress comes back, I'd be willing to bet there's very little (if any) statistical difference.

On the flip side, some people love playing superstitions when gambling, and that's part of the fun for them... So by all means, if you feel it works, have fun and do it!

p.s. Are you trying to make 1 thread per day? lol I've just noticed (a pattern) that you've posted one every day for the last 9 days since you joined =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 22nd, 2015 at 12:12:52 PM permalink
Quote: Baccaratfrom79

These are two phenomenon's in baccarat with me over the years. Many years, never seems to change, doesn't matter the property or the locale. The highest majority of the times.

First, the cocktail waitress. Doesn't matter what I order, soda, water, coffee, XO, but whatever it is when she returns with it I am almost certain to lose that hand. Never fails. Could be working 12 Banker streak and she arrives, cut. Could be chop-chop for 10 hands and she arrives, finished.

Second, the dealer change-tie. So many times, highest majority of the times and again-doesn't matter what property or where it is at. New dealer, Tie. If not the first hand the second anyways.

Not only have you cracked baccarat's codes, you also seem to have independently discovered confirmation bias.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 22nd, 2015 at 12:16:51 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Human brains are actually set up to look for patterns in things, even if there are not patterns. This is what often leads to superstitions such as "same dice" in craps. Especially the stronger the emotion the stronger the pattern appears to be. By the law of large numbers you're bound to lose a hand when a waitress comes over eventually, so what I'm saying is your brain associates that and since the emotion of losing is often stronger than the emotion of winning your brain then makes a pattern that is not there... "I lose when the waitress comes around." Even though if you had recorded EVERY hand you've ever played when I waitress comes back, I'd be willing to bet there's very little (if any) statistical difference.

On the flip side, some people love playing superstitions when gambling, and that's part of the fun for them... So by all means, if you feel it works, have fun and do it!

p.s. Are you trying to make 1 thread per day? lol I've just noticed (a pattern) that you've posted one every day for the last 9 days since you joined =P.

No pattern at all?!

As far as the memorable loss goes, to a certain point. We probably do remember losses if associated with an 'event' more so than a win. I can only imagine like getting a speeding ticket on a highway we all travel every day. One ticket and most of us would dub that highway as unlucky or cop prone, forgetting about the thousand of times we didn't get a ticket for speeding. Anyways, many many dealers to say "new dealer-tie" when they sit down,a t least at the places I play/played at.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 22nd, 2015 at 12:23:31 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Not only have you cracked baccarat's codes, you also seem to have independently discovered confirmation bias.

LOL. That is one advantage of craps...dealers will give you a stack of whites as the waitress approaches and she won't distract you.

At big table baccarat there was a tradition to start out with a Tie Bet round the table, but I'be never seen such a thing in Minni-Bacc.

I find that whenever a beautiful woman comes up to me and knees me in the groin I will make my next point. That is why I am known as a sore winner.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
January 22nd, 2015 at 12:30:05 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

LOL. .

At big table baccarat there was a tradition to start out with a Tie Bet round the table, but I'be never seen such a thing in Minni-Bacc.

Tie, Banker, Player or any combination thereof was pretty much the first 3 hands at all the 'Big Tables' prior to 05/06ish where I used to play in AC and Vegas and CT.
  • Jump to: