Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
Joined: Mar 2, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 606
September 11th, 2013 at 3:50:36 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

gr8player You just like to stir crap up, If you had the ability to beat Baccarat....



I'm not seeking to "stir up" anything but some good Baccarat discourse.

As to my "ability to beat Baccarat"....hogwash. What ability?

Each and every bet/shoe/session/table is a new and unique opportunity/challenge. What ability? I'm not a professional athlete.

I react to results.

That's it....I react to results, and bet (or "no-bet") or adjust bet size(s) accordingly.

Ahhh...but within that "accordingly", my friend...therein lies the rub.
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
September 11th, 2013 at 4:02:56 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I "avoid gambler's fallacy" by MY play, not "word" play.



I suggest that you don't understand the gambler's fallacy.

Quote:

Because you choose to label my play as a form of the gambler's fallacy does not make it so; you choose to know nothing of my play, so you, in fact, no nothing of it. How then can you attempt to label it accurately?



By your words and discussion on how you make bet selection based on 'variance', which is based on past results, which is therefore expecting a changed based on past results, which is the Gambler's Fallacy.

I do read what you right, to see if I can glean an ounce of new information.

Quote:


As to my "unproven claims", that, my friend, is a true assessment on your part. I can't "prove" much without giving up an awful lot on my part.
But, that said, we all can read, can't we? We all can comprehend, can't we?
Might there be a recurring theme to my posts?



Misinformation and unfounded assertions. Consistently 'reacting to results'.

You seem to think I haven't spent sometime with various generators of baccarat, roulette and craps, and looked at potential patterns, variance, and systems, and simulated dozen's of systems, to look at the variability of results.... not to try and beat the system, but to understand the differences of variance and EV.

Nothing is due, and bet sizing based on past performance is the gambler's fallacy. As I stated before, I don't believe you can prove what you claimed to be 'statistically proven' at all.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 18001
September 11th, 2013 at 4:10:21 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I'm not seeking to "stir up" anything but some good Baccarat discourse.

As to my "ability to beat Baccarat"....hogwash. What ability?

Each and every bet/shoe/session/table is a new and unique opportunity/challenge. What ability? I'm not a professional athlete.

I react to results.

That's it....I react to results, and bet (or "no-bet") or adjust bet size(s) accordingly.

Ahhh...but within that "accordingly", my friend...therein lies the rub.

2 people have asked you about the CHALLENGE perhaps you can address that.

no one seems to want to talk to you about Baccarat. 90% of the conversation is about how deluded everybody thinks you are. So why do you keep going unless you just want to stir up crap or attention.

If Your so good with your baccarat bet selection, why are you so bad at your post selection?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 18001
September 11th, 2013 at 4:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
gr8player
gr8player
Joined: Mar 2, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 606
September 11th, 2013 at 4:25:23 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

2 people have asked you about the CHALLENGE perhaps you can address that.

no one seems to want to talk to you about Baccarat. 90% of the conversation is about how deluded everybody thinks you are. So why do you keep going unless you just want to stir up crap or attention.

If Your so good with your baccarat bet selection, why are you so bad at your post selection?



Good question, AxelWolf, good question.

I am, most probably, "barking up the wrong tree" in posting my Baccarat theories/plays within this forum.

As to this nonsensical "challenge"....that's all it is and all it ever could be...nonsense. My winning or losing a shoe or two will prove nothing, but would reveal much. Too much, IMHO.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
September 11th, 2013 at 4:29:57 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

My winning or losing a shoe or two will prove nothing, but would reveal much. Too much, IMHO.


Please share your secrets with us, teacher!
Fighting BS one post at a time!
wroberson
wroberson
Joined: May 11, 2011
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 426
September 11th, 2013 at 4:46:23 PM permalink
As far as I know there is no going back.

Assuming the guy is telling the facts, the big picture says that leaves the table a winner. I can't speak for what happened between sitting at the table and leaving, but once he leaves, a final result is found. There's is one predictable outcome when a player gambles. The gambler will leave the table at some point. I say if he leaves the table a winner most of the time in the past, the future results should be the same.

If he has built a habit of leaving the table a winner, or with more money than he started with, it should be 90% in his favor. Keep in mind in order for something to be a habit, a person has to repeat the same action 50-60 times in a row. To prove this, all you have to do is ask a person to cross their arms. It will be the same way they've done it since birth. It's a subconscious routine. This is where people need to get to when they gamble. Make it a instinct to leave the table ahead.

For Baccarrat, all the winning and losing hands have been chosen for you. All the player has to do is choose which outcome to bet on.

And the phone rings with 2....
Buffering...
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 423
  • Posts: 24014
September 11th, 2013 at 5:10:13 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

This is where people need to get to when they gamble. Make it a instinct to leave the table ahead.
.



So you think that's what it takes to be a successful
gambler, just quit when you're ahead? What about
all those times you're never ahead even once, what
then, keep playing till you are ahead?

There's a name for that, you know.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Jeepster
Jeepster
Joined: Jul 7, 2013
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 84
September 11th, 2013 at 5:47:20 PM permalink
gr8player, may I suggest you try John Patrick's forum.
They love the sort of stuff you post, you would be made most welcome.
The members will happily believe you and you can preach to them 24/7.
It's a forum where all the members are winners at craps, roulette and baccarat using cockeyed systems.
The old man himself will praise you for your valuable, logical and intelligent advice.
Truly a paradise for a man of vision such as yourself.

However never mention math over there, you'll just confuse them.
A photon without any luggage checks into a hotel, he's travelling light.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 423
  • Posts: 24014
September 11th, 2013 at 5:51:35 PM permalink
Quote: Jeepster


However never mention math over there, you'll just confuse them.



LOL! Exactly so. JP tried math once and it disagreed
with him. He never looked back. "Math? We don't
need no stinking math." That's his forums motto.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: