Thread Rating:

Jimmer
Jimmer
  • Threads: 11
August 30th, 2013 at 2:51:59 PM permalink
Just an FYI. I was there playing this past weekend. Having only started table games about a year or so ago, their selection is pretty limited, but a dealer confirmed they were currently training dealers for Pai Gow Poker and Mississippi Stud.

Great news, especially the Mississippi Stud, but it will probably be too rich for me. They don't do a lot of $5 tables and Stud can get pretty pricey at $10.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
August 30th, 2013 at 4:24:38 PM permalink
Great news. I have not been up there in a long time, but will definitely go for Pai Gow Poker. Please keep us posted.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
August 30th, 2013 at 4:34:42 PM permalink
Quote: Jimmer

Great news, especially the Mississippi Stud, but it will probably be too rich for me. They don't do a lot of $5 tables and Stud can get pretty pricey at $10.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they make an exception for this game.
Jimmer
Jimmer
October 3rd, 2013 at 11:48:31 AM permalink
Mississippi Stud has been rolled out at Cherokee, at least according to the table game finder. Still no Pai Gow.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
October 3rd, 2013 at 2:43:34 PM permalink
I called them last week and asked to speak to the table games director.

I asked if they had Pai Gow Poker on the floor yet, and he said "No".

I then said I had heard that they were training dealers for Pai Gow Poker and asked if that was true. He repeated that they "do not have any Pai Gow Poker tables on the floor".

I asked if he could confirm if they were training dealers for Pai Gow Poker, and he would not answer the question. Draw your conclusion.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Nostron
Nostron
  • Threads: 6
October 4th, 2013 at 7:47:54 AM permalink
I wonder why so vague?

I will be there end of this month and will see whats up.
Jimmer
Jimmer
October 4th, 2013 at 3:02:27 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

I called them last week and asked to speak to the table games director.

I asked if they had Pai Gow Poker on the floor yet, and he said "No".

I then said I had heard that they were training dealers for Pai Gow Poker and asked if that was true. He repeated that they "do not have any Pai Gow Poker tables on the floor".

I asked if he could confirm if they were training dealers for Pai Gow Poker, and he would not answer the question. Draw your conclusion.

Several dealers confirmed they were training for both games last time I was there. IIRC, so did a floor manager.

Strange, there was nothing secretive about it. The dealers said they had been training for Pai Gow for a pretty long time, maybe he was just tired of people asking.

Nostron, make sure to keep an eye on the table limits for Stud!
  • Jump to: