Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
August 12th, 2013 at 7:13:43 AM permalink
Banker or Player (or, for that matter, "no-bet")? Read: Bet Selection
Bet one unit or two? Read: Money-Management
End the session or continue on? Read: Win Goal/Stop Loss

Surely, the life of a Baccarat player is literally filled with these (as well as other) typical decisions. Decisions that we face at virtually every single turn of a card.

And, my friends, make no mistake of it, those decsions, especially when considered collectively over one's long term Baccarat play, will serve as the product of your success (or, unfortunately, failure). So, in essence, we have the following:

Good Decisions - Bad Decisions = Long-term Profit

Your long term profit will be the sum of your good decisions minus your bad decisions. Period. End of story. Ain't no getting around it.

Ergo, it becomes our responsibility to make the absolute very best decisions on our own behalf.....always.

Easier said than done, right? I mean, sure, we all strive to do the very best for ourselves, but.....how can we assure it, or, at the very least, how can we really put ourselves in the very best possible position to make better decisions?

Please pardon my indulgence as I offer the following as an answer:

The first thing that I would seek to adjust is my approach to the game. My mind-set. When you sit down to a session of play, you mustn't think of it in such terms as only either a "winning" or "losing" session. Why? Because then the absolute "need to win" can (and will) ultimately consume you, and when that becomes the only definition of your play, it will ultimately lead you into to those "bad decisions". (Hence, the birth of those devilish long, drawn-out, steep negative progressions, which are all nothing but recipes for disaster.) Before you know it, those "bad decisions" are leading to even worse, and you're now in over your head.

Alternatively, take a step back. Think of making your "better decision". Think in terms of always "starting anew", where each hand is considered as a new session. Tell yourself, as the bets go back and forth and regardless the outcomes, that you are standing at "even". Yes, even in the midst of that "losing jag", you're considered at "even" at each new decision, and only what you do "right now", at this next decision, matters. Not what transpired a dozen hands ago, rather, only your next decision really matters now. In that manner, you will be playing your very best game all of the time, without the undue pressure of having to win at every turn (read: every session).

Mind-set adjustments -- very, very crucial to any chance at long term success (read: profits), because that is the very basis of the....
.....Good Decisions - Bad Decisions = Long-term Profit formula.

As always, I wish you all the very best of it.
gr8player
gr8player
August 12th, 2013 at 8:09:58 AM permalink
Regarding those bet selection, money-management and win goal/stop loss decisions a bit more specifically:

1) Bet Selection, the the very best decision is:

One word comes to mind immediately: consistency. Your bet selections should be well-planned in advance and should be selections that you are most comfortable playing for. Guessing has no place at this game. Have a plan for the "choppiness" as well as for the "streakiness". No one singular bet selection will ever work well for you over the long term. It must be dynamic in nature and relatively subjective. In other words, bet for what you are witnessing. Utilize your bet selection method that best fits the propensities of this shoe, right now.

2) Money-Management, the very best decision is:

One word comes to mind immediately: conservatism. This is not a race, but, if it were, let's consider it a marathon. Losing your last bet should never, ever be used as an excuse to raise the size of your next one. Relax, and, in that manner, you'll be allowing the game....nay, YOUR game,....to "come to you", rather than find yourself "chasing" their game. And don't leave home without your "no-bet" option. Patience pays. Lastly, as to the raising of bet sizes, I'd much prefer them on a session-to-session basis (with measured variance), or, at the very least, a shoe-to-shoe basis.

3.) Win Goal/Stop Loss, the very best decision is:

One word comes to mind immediately: Long-term. Think in the long-term. This particular shoe and this particular session means rather little when considered among the thousands of shoes and/or sessions that you'll play over the long term. Then, winning or losing "right now" isn't nearly as paramount as remaining consistent in your play and in your approach. Learn to accept losses, as short as you can get away with. Learn to revel in any win, regardless the size, for they will all add up rather nicely over the long term.

Decisions, decisions.....again, I wish you all the correct decisions.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
August 12th, 2013 at 8:47:49 AM permalink
Hello gr8player,

It's such a pleasure to read your insightful posts. I truly admire your love and dedication to the wonderful game of baccarat. I also think it's incredibly generous of you to share your wealth of knowledge about baccarat with us. We are your humble students. :)

Oh...but before I leave, gr8player, will you be so kind as to answer one teeny tiny little question? I promise it will not be a long one! I would like to respectfully ask:

Have you accepted the challenge yet?

I look forward to hearing from you, gr8player. And I wish you the very best of it, my friend.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
August 12th, 2013 at 9:08:54 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Have you accepted the challenge yet?

Was waiting on that... :-)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
August 12th, 2013 at 10:31:06 AM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Was waiting on that... :-)

Let us hope that gr8player, my idol, does not ignore me this time!
Fighting BS one post at a time!
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
August 12th, 2013 at 10:35:03 AM permalink
No hope--your appeal has been ignored 1,783 consecutive times... :-0
ongsoc2
ongsoc2
  • Threads: 0
August 13th, 2013 at 8:07:01 AM permalink
Bet Selection: it remind me of a Baccarat forum called Bet Selection:

gr8player
gr8player
August 13th, 2013 at 10:18:20 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Hello gr8player,

It's such a pleasure to read your insightful posts. I truly admire your love and dedication to the wonderful game of baccarat. I also think it's incredibly generous of you to share your wealth of knowledge about baccarat with us. We are your humble students. :)

I look forward to hearing from you, gr8player. And I wish you the very best of it, my friend.

Sarcasm as its finest. Good job, my friend. May I play, too?:

The five responses to my opening posts in this thread are absolutely amazing and chock-filled with poignant information regarding this game.

Phew.....that was fun. Sarcasm is fun, isn't it?

But if it were fun I were after, there's plenty of outlets available to us all.

I was seeking some intelligent conversation about this game, but methinks I've come to the wrong place for that.

Carry on.....
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
August 13th, 2013 at 1:06:59 PM permalink
GR8 could write 10 paragraphs on how to tie your
shoes and at the end you'd know nothing about
shoe tying. His specialty is using a lot of words to
say nothing, he's a master at it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy