Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
February 23rd, 2013 at 8:48:34 AM permalink
I've gotten used to how the dealer sets up the tiles and does the reveal and all- and I appreciate that. But when I went out on my "virgin run" with tiles last night (as noted in my blog). I noticed a couple players had a very set way of looking at the tiles.

I was wondering if this was a way that they, specifically, looked at them- or if there was a traditional method of looking at your tiles?

The player would have the two stacks of two in front of him and he would pick up the top two in one hand look at them, then put them down behind the bottom two, he would then pick those up and look at them together for a second, he then placed the bottom two on top of the first two he looked at and woudl now look at the ones on the left one at a time top then bottom and then the ones on the right one at a time top then bottom. After doing all this he would rearrange however he wanted them (I wasn't sure if he was doing something just as methodical at this time or not)

Anyone have insight if there is a "proper" or "traditional" way to looking at your tiles?
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
  • Jump to: