Thread Rating:

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 10665
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
September 23rd, 2026 at 11:45:30 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: odiousgambit

Going to this thread and slamming us with that kind of article?


you seem to take it personally
it was an article about sports betting from CBS - a generally respected news outlet
was I suppose to worry that you might be offended by the article - ?
how could I predict that - ?

and remember when you posted this - ?

Quote: odiousgambit

Reporting on that though is irresistible. And I did say that business deserves the scrutiny.


and this - ?

Quote: odiousgambit

Another thing to remember is that the politicians spreading all this new gambling don't get the scrutiny. These various gambling outfits though, they better keep their noses clean or good ol' NYT will have their ass


link to original post

Sites need the scrutiny, and the politicians are untouchable for their role. This thread doesn't need a Cassandra. She got ignored anyway you know.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 8103
Joined: May 8, 2015
September 23rd, 2026 at 11:50:47 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I absolutely think prostitution should be legal.
Individual responsibility.


how about drugs?
MJ is now legal in 24 states and DC
hows about cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, speed, crystal meth - ?

still singing the song of personal responsiblity - ?









Quote: odiousgambit

This thread doesn't need a Cassandra.


I have already stated that I wasn't predicting anything for anybody here - that as far as I know everyone here gambles responsibly

but you continue with the name calling

whatever

.
the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 10665
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
Thanked by
RogerKintfindingEV
September 23rd, 2026 at 12:29:17 PM permalink
Bet365 has a no sweat for $25 TNF
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 12801
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
September 23rd, 2026 at 1:16:46 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: SOOPOO

I absolutely think prostitution should be legal.
Individual responsibility.


how about drugs?
MJ is now legal in 24 states and DC
hows about cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, speed, crystal meth - ?

still singing the song of personal responsiblity - ?









Quote: odiousgambit

This thread doesn't need a Cassandra.


I have already stated that I wasn't predicting anything for anybody here - that as far as I know everyone here gambles responsibly

but you continue with the name calling

whatever

.
link to original post



Yes. In general, I think making drugs illegal just puts their use and distribution in the hands of bad people who do many bad things. It doesn’t stop the use of those drugs.

Individual responsibility.

You want to compare the cost to society of cigarettes and booze versus cocaine? Good luck with that.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 12801
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
odiousgambit
September 23rd, 2026 at 1:25:40 PM permalink
Back to sports betting….. Yesterday nationally televised Fever-Lynx game. Clark versus Miles. Except Miles out with an ‘injury’ not known until some hours before the game. The Lynx coach then barely plays her starters in essentially a forfeit. I wonder if the coach’s cousin bet the unders for her ‘starters’? (I DO NOT believe there was a true gambling motivation).

In the same vein, I’m betting UNDER 17.5 outs for Cole tonight. The Yankees have clinched their exact playoff seeding. I think they take him out after 5 innings regardless of how he is pitching, game score, etc…
I’m fooling myself? into thinking it’s a markedly +EV bet.
AutomaticMonkey
AutomaticMonkey
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 2213
Joined: Sep 30, 2024
September 23rd, 2026 at 1:45:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Back to sports betting….. Yesterday nationally televised Fever-Lynx game. Clark versus Miles. Except Miles out with an ‘injury’ not known until some hours before the game. The Lynx coach then barely plays her starters in essentially a forfeit. I wonder if the coach’s cousin bet the unders for her ‘starters’? (I DO NOT believe there was a true gambling motivation).

In the same vein, I’m betting UNDER 17.5 outs for Cole tonight. The Yankees have clinched their exact playoff seeding. I think they take him out after 5 innings regardless of how he is pitching, game score, etc…
I’m fooling myself? into thinking it’s a markedly +EV bet.
link to original post



That's charitable about the Lynx- I think that league is dirty as hell and where betting is concerned I do not recognize any difference between looking like you are throwing a game and throwing a game.

As far as Cole, remember he is coming off Tommy John for just a couple of months so is likely still building up his arm strength. I think if they wanted to rest him he wouldn't be pitching at all, so this will be just a normal start and he has no more starts left in the regular season, and an extra day's rest for the 3-game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 126
  • Posts: 12801
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
AutomaticMonkey
September 24th, 2026 at 7:00:58 PM permalink
Quote: AutomaticMonkey

Quote: SOOPOO

Back to sports betting….. Yesterday nationally televised Fever-Lynx game. Clark versus Miles. Except Miles out with an ‘injury’ not known until some hours before the game. The Lynx coach then barely plays her starters in essentially a forfeit. I wonder if the coach’s cousin bet the unders for her ‘starters’? (I DO NOT believe there was a true gambling motivation).

In the same vein, I’m betting UNDER 17.5 outs for Cole tonight. The Yankees have clinched their exact playoff seeding. I think they take him out after 5 innings regardless of how he is pitching, game score, etc…
I’m fooling myself? into thinking it’s a markedly +EV bet.
link to original post



That's charitable about the Lynx- I think that league is dirty as hell and where betting is concerned I do not recognize any difference between looking like you are throwing a game and throwing a game.

As far as Cole, remember he is coming off Tommy John for just a couple of months so is likely still building up his arm strength. I think if they wanted to rest him he wouldn't be pitching at all, so this will be just a normal start and he has no more starts left in the regular season, and an extra day's rest for the 3-game.
link to original post



You were correct in your analysis, but I was lucky and won the bet. They let him pitch 105 pitches, but pulled him after 17 outs!

Today I got the ‘up 7 automatic win’ and always take the underdog. Falcons win at +220. My Penix over rushing yards looks like it will end up a loser. He hasn’t once even thought about running. I have a different bet on Love also over rushing. Same. He hasn’t considered a rush yet. Reminds me of why Josh Allen is light years better than Love/Penix/ most everyone.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 10665
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
September 28th, 2026 at 7:36:26 AM permalink
Back to betting the over this weekend when the spread starts to approach the total points over/under

texas tech..... w............... 0.91 units
Pittsburgh.... L.................... 1 unit
Florida State ....L................1 unit
E Carolina ..... L.................1 unit
cent. Mich ..... W ............ 0.96
W Kentucky,,,, W ,,,,,,,,,,,, 0.91
No, Texas...... W............... 0.91
SMU..............L............ 1 unit

Still betting cautiously. If they paid even money it would have been 'fair bet week', but lost 0.31 units
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: