moses
moses
  • Threads: 10
January 4th, 2022 at 11:37:08 AM permalink
Lions blew out Cards 30-12. Saint shut out Brady for the first time in several years.

A Cards - Eagles matchup would pit two former OU QBs against each other.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 4th, 2022 at 11:48:51 AM permalink
Quote: moses

A Cards - Eagles matchup would pit two former OU QBs against each other.

I am not sure THAT is a feather in anyone's cap. I can't think of a OU QB that amounted to much in the NFL (at least in my time)? Sam Bradford? Does anyone consider him a successful NFL QB?

Baker Mayfield seems to be going downhill very quickly. I enjoy watching Kyler Murray, but he is way too small. A serious injury is right around the corner and he will never be the same. Jalen Hurts is NOT an NFL QB. I was alright with The Eagles giving him this year to see what he could do. Unfortunately, he has been just good enough (against the easiest schedule in the NFL) to probably have earned another year. But no way is this guy a legit NFL QB and not the Eagles answer at QB.

And OU QB's are getting worse. The guy this year, anointed a Heisman frontrunner, couldn't even keep his job.
moses
moses
January 4th, 2022 at 12:11:56 PM permalink
There aren't 32 top notch QB's in the NFL. You could do a lot worse than Hurst. He was 51-5 in college. Played 4 years and 14 or 15 games per year. Very rare stat.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 207
January 4th, 2022 at 12:26:13 PM permalink
Can anyone name the last Bama QB that lost five games?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
kewlj
kewlj
January 4th, 2022 at 12:28:54 PM permalink

You could do a lot worse than Hurst. He was 51-5 in college. Played 4 years and 14 or 15 games per year. Very rare stat.

I beg to differ, Moses. That 51-5 stat means nothing when you play at Alabama and Oklahoma. Those teams have a schedule and the talent all around at every position that almost guarantee 12-1 seasons or better.
moses
moses
January 4th, 2022 at 12:39:43 PM permalink
Most dont play 4 years. Let alone start to finish. Some may not start until their junior year. Others might leave after sophomore year.
kewlj
kewlj
January 4th, 2022 at 12:40:22 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

Exactly! For all their winning Alabama hasn't had any successful QB's in the NFL recently. (Namath)

The book isn't closed on Tua and has just opened on Mac Jones. Jones may break the tradition. Let's see if he continues to improve.
moses
moses
January 4th, 2022 at 12:44:06 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

You could do a lot worse than Hurst. He was 51-5 in college. Played 4 years and 14 or 15 games per year. Very rare stat.

I beg to differ, Moses. That 51-5 stat means nothing when you play at Alabama and Oklahoma. Those teams have a schedule and the talent all around at every position that almost guarantee 12-1 seasons or better.
link to original post

So who do you want? Aaron Rodgers. Not likely. Carson Wentz? Been there done that. That head case from Houston? Cam Newton? Russell Wison? Maybe.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 207
January 4th, 2022 at 12:44:10 PM permalink

link to original post

Exactly! For all their winning Alabama hasn't had any successful QB's in the NFL recently. (Namath)

The book isn't closed on Tua and has just opened on Mac Jones. Jones may break the tradition. Let's see if he continues to improve.
link to original post

I believe there was a Sunday when four Bama QBs started this NFL season. Unprecedented. For years, Namath and Stabler were the only two Bama QBs that had much NFL success.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
moses
moses
January 4th, 2022 at 12:46:24 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Mac Jones seems to have fairly decent Coach. Some guy named Bellichek.

• Jump to: