LAD
LAD
  • Threads: 21
June 19th, 2020 at 1:31:30 PM permalink
I'm a novice when it comes to handicapping horses so feel free to correct me. In normal times about 50-90,000 people would be attending the Belmont Stakes. With all the money being wagered at the track, prize pools are quite high and some exotic bets could really deliver big money.
Without any people in attendance and I presume no para mutuel pool, how are the money amount payouts ( not the odds ) on this race determined ?

Thanks
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 19th, 2020 at 2:08:16 PM permalink
Quote: LAD

I'm a novice when it comes to handicapping horses so feel free to correct me. In normal times about 50-90,000 people would be attending the Belmont Stakes. With all the money being wagered at the track, prize pools are quite high and some exotic bets could really deliver big money.
Without any people in attendance and I presume no para mutuel pool, how are the money amount payouts ( not the odds ) on this race determined ?

Thanks

bettors are wagering on their computers and phones
during everyday racing days probably about 85% are wagering this way anyway, another 10% at the simulcast facilities and probably less than 5% are actually betting on the track where they are at
the pools are parimutuel just like on any other racing day
you made an interesting point though, that I hadn't thought about
those who normally are at the track and are once in a blue moon bettors for the TC series will have to open up accounts to bet
will they do that or will they think that that's not much fun like going to the track?.................................I'm not sure
probably there was lots of advertising in the NY area by NYRA trying to get people to open accounts with them and they have a nice promo going on
most of the sports bettors whose action dried up already have accounts and are hungry to bet
Please don't feed the trolls
  • Jump to: