Thread Rating:

bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
May 31st, 2019 at 8:13:58 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I believe I said something like this before Obama won his first term......

"Are we talking about the same country, the United States presidential election? C'mon, a black candidate? This is just unrealistic fantasy talk. You're a smart person, where do you get this stuff?"

I think I was proven wrong........

Oh by the way, I forgot to say something in my first reply to you. I would GLADLY vote for a black man to be president, he'd just have to be a reasonable nutcase like me.

(Walter E. Williams would do.)
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 31st, 2019 at 8:49:51 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm already smelling Trump beats Biden. The liberal side of the Democratic party will be split among too many people while Biden will have a lock on the moderates. In the general election -- I'll say it again, the more charismatic candidate has won in every election since the television age, which I start at 1960.

I'll give you Trump over Biden against any other result for +250.
Or Trump over Biden (both must be the nominees for action) for -120.

-----

In the past, everyone had severe political disagreements, but were always willing to work together in an effort to best serve the country. That made it so f people saw the country moving the right direction, the incumbent party was a huge favorite; if people didn't see the country moving in the challenging party would be the likely winner. Then after 2008, the opposition did everything it could to fight against, rather than work together. We've only seen more of that over the past decade. That mentality turns any elections into a coin-flip as everyone simply entrenches themselves into their tribe.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 31st, 2019 at 11:51:19 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I would GLADLY vote for a black man to be president, he'd just have to be a reasonable nutcase like me.

I would GLADLY vote for any qualified man or woman to be president. Unlike most conservatives, I don't have the slightest interest in what goes on in somebodies bedroom.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
May 31st, 2019 at 11:52:23 AM permalink
Duplicate
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 31st, 2019 at 11:58:14 AM permalink
In early 2006, one of my cousins in Ireland emailed me about a betting opportunity he had. For a rather small sum, he would win $10,000 if Obama were to be elected President in 2008. I told him the chances of that happening were closer to a million to one and not to waste his money. He didn't bet and now reminds me I cost him $10,000.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RSMaxPen
May 31st, 2019 at 2:37:34 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Unlike most conservatives, I don't have the slightest interest in what goes on in somebodies bedroom.

If you have a problem with conservatives, then you should have a real problem with Muslims. Why are you so intolerant?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
May 31st, 2019 at 3:10:04 PM permalink

I'm already smelling Trump beats Biden. The liberal side of the Democratic party will be split among too many people while Biden will have a lock on the moderates. In the general election -- I'll say it again, the more charismatic candidate has won in every election since the television age, which I start at 1960.

Was Nixon ever the more charismatic candidate? Maybe, I think there was nearly zero charisma among Nixon Humphrey and McGovern.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
petroglyph
May 31st, 2019 at 5:21:14 PM permalink

I think Biden is reasonably charismatic, apart from all the inappropriate stuff with girls.

The problem is that he is "electable".

Democrats and media have this funny use of that term. What it really means is, "in service is the people who own the party"".

Promise nothing to voters and deliver less.

Hilary was the most "electable" person in history. First she got destroyed by a black dude with a Muslim name. Then she got beat up by an elderly Jew nobody had heard of. Then she lost to a clown from reality TV

In each case, she had way more money and the media on her side.

That's "electable.".

I think they know that people like this are not actually electable. They just don't care.

They know that they could win if they, for example, addressed the student loan crisis. But they'd rather lose than go against the banks.

They continue to lose at every level. I expect more of the same. You can't just run on "we are terrible but the Republicans are worse".
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 31st, 2019 at 5:38:28 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

If the Ole' HillDog steps into the race will that sway your opinion any?

That would increase Trump's chances significantly.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 31st, 2019 at 5:39:49 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

I'll give you Trump over Biden against any other result for +250.
Or Trump over Biden (both must be the nominees for action) for -120.

I think I'll take both. I'll PM you for the details.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
May 31st, 2019 at 5:53:12 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

In early 2006, one of my cousins in Ireland emailed me about a betting opportunity he had. For a rather small sum, he would win $10,000 if Obama were to be elected President in 2008. I told him the chances of that happening were closer to a million to one and not to waste his money. He didn't bet and now reminds me I cost him $10,000.

Reminds me of something I said right after the 2004 election - on the strength of his keynote speech at that year's Democratic National Convention, "pencil in Obama for the VP spot in 2012, assuming the Republicans win in 2008 (otherwise, of course, the incumbent VP would run again)."
billryan
billryan
May 31st, 2019 at 6:12:44 PM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

Was Nixon ever the more charismatic candidate? Maybe, I think there was nearly zero charisma among Nixon Humphrey and McGovern.

In 68, George Wallace was by far the most charismatic of the bunch. He was also an all out racist, which won him a lot of votes.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 31st, 2019 at 6:40:35 PM permalink
All bets were off on electability after we elected a guy in 60 who would F anything that walked. And he and his brother would do the same girl at the same time, even high fiving about it. They used mobsters to help keep their affairs hidden, while sucker Americans thought they were the perfect family.

If morality for Presidents was on life support, Kennedy pulled the plug.

It’s amazing he didn’t get us all nuked while he was busy thinking with his reportedly little c##k instead of his brain.

He made Obama and Trump look like altar boys compared to him.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 31st, 2019 at 6:58:13 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

In 68, George Wallace was by far the most charismatic of the bunch. He was also an all out racist, which won him a lot of votes.

I was referring to the main parties only. Wallace ran as an independent, which we all know, except Howard Schultz, have no shot. Not counting him, that one came down to Nixon vs. Humphrey. I was only three years old at the time of that election, so don't remember it, but do recall Nixon being quite popular before the Watergate house of cards fell. In every clip I've seen of Humphrey he came off as a dud. Didn't he cry in answering a reporter's question once (calling Paco)? Maybe the older members can chime in.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 31st, 2019 at 8:59:24 PM permalink

I was referring to the main parties only. Wallace ran as an independent, which we all know, except Howard Schultz, have no shot. Not counting him, that one came down to Nixon vs. Humphrey. I was only three years old at the time of that election, so don't remember it, but do recall Nixon being quite popular before the Watergate house of cards fell. In every clip I've seen of Humphrey he came off as a dud. Didn't he cry in answering a reporter's question once (calling Paco)? Maybe the older members can chime in.

Humphrey was more mediagenic and had more charisma than Nixon.

LBJ was also very unlikeable but he ran against Goldwater, who had charisma but scared people with harsh rhetoric. So, let;s give LBJ the nod.

Charisma

Kennedy > Nixon
LBJ ~ Goldwater???
Humphrey> Nixon
Nixon>McGovern (I think)
Carter> Ford
Reagan> Carter > Mondale
H.W. Bush > Dukakis
B. Clinton >H.W.Bush, Dole
W. Bush > Gore
W. Bush ~ Kerry
Obama > McCain and Romney
Trump > H.Clinton (Note: Barry Sanders > H. Clinton; Pig poop > H. Clinton)
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
May 31st, 2019 at 9:51:59 PM permalink
Pretty accurate imo Though I don't remember Herbert Hoover like you guys
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
AxelWolf
June 1st, 2019 at 6:09:04 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Pretty accurate imo Though I don't remember Herbert Hoover like you guys

It's common for guys your age to have memory problems.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
terapined
terapined
June 1st, 2019 at 8:44:25 AM permalink

Unlike most conservatives, I don't have the slightest interest in what goes on in somebodies bedroom.

If you have a problem with conservatives, then you should have a real problem with Muslims. Why are you so intolerant?

?????????
How am I being intolerant when I don't care what goes on in the bedroom when evaluating a candidate
Sure a lot of cultures still have problems accepting Gays such as Conservative culture, Muslim culture, Hispanic culture ect
The tide is changing as more people in these groups are slowly accepting gays
So yea, I have a problem with people that hate gays just for being gay regardless of the haters politics or religion or culture
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RS
June 1st, 2019 at 9:27:41 AM permalink

?????????
The tide is changing as more people in these groups are slowly accepting gays
So yea, I have a problem with people that hate gays just for being gay regardless of the haters politics or religion or culture

I don't know any conservatives who hate gays. You're full of it.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 1st, 2019 at 9:48:48 AM permalink

Yeah I know of no conservatives that hate gays. I think more than a few do not view them as needing the protected class status they have been granted however.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
terapined
terapined
June 1st, 2019 at 12:12:06 PM permalink

Maybe hate is a bit strong
But
Why are so many against gay marraige?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
RS
June 1st, 2019 at 2:10:55 PM permalink

Why are so many against gay marraige?

Because many believe that it is against the plan their God has set forth. That it is a sin. Just like they will be against other sins like murder and adultery. You may not believe that it is a sin (homosexuality), but you must be aware that Christianity and Islam do.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
June 1st, 2019 at 2:52:20 PM permalink
Annnnnnyway, let's discuss this as a horse race and try to keep the politarding to other threads.

I think it's safe to say that, in general, Dems would be more comfortable with a gay prez and a first man than Reps.

The most anti gay reps would never vote Dem anyway. So I don't think he'd be hurt much in the middle.

But it's not quite that simple. E g. Blacks are obviously hard core dems. However, they are more anti gay than the general population.

This could create a problem for the mayor.

I think that Bernie being a Jew, or at least non-christan really hurt him there too.

I don't think he'll get the nom. Maybe in a few years. We know that young people are overwhelmingly gay friendly across demographics so the longer he waits the less of an issue it will be
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 1st, 2019 at 3:52:37 PM permalink

Because many believe that it is against the plan their God has set forth. That it is a sin. Just like they will be against other sins like murder and adultery. You may not believe that it is a sin (homosexuality), but you must be aware that Christianity and Islam do.

That's right. We don't hate them. They're going to Hell anyway so they got enough to worry about without us conservatives hating on them. But I don't mind them at all, I just try to stay several yards away from them in case of any sudden lightning bolts.
bobbartop
bobbartop
June 1st, 2019 at 3:57:34 PM permalink

Maybe hate is a bit strong

No, you said it right the first time, this is how you liberals think. Us republicans hate everything. The elderly, the minorities, women, the handicapped, puppies, we hate it all. You got it all figured out.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
August 28th, 2023 at 10:02:55 PM permalink
Since the other presidential election betting thread is closed, I'll mention that Trump is currently killing Biden in the polls. Remember, because the Electoral College system favors Republicans, the Democratic candidate has to win by at least 3% points to win the election. (e.g., Hillary won the popular vote by 2.5% in 2016, but still lost the election.) But Trump is currently ahead in even the *popular* vote.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 29th, 2023 at 2:17:51 AM permalink
the link shows that the results of the polling change almost on a daily basis

for example:

8/26 - Trump ahead

8/25 - Trump ahead

8/24 - Biden ahead

8/23 - Trump ahead

8/21 - Biden ahead

all different pollsters are being used

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

Please don't feed the trolls
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
August 29th, 2023 at 10:19:55 AM permalink
Are there any reliable and valid pols about the Electoral College so far?
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 1
August 29th, 2023 at 1:10:00 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Since the other presidential election betting thread is closed, I'll mention that Trump is currently killing Biden in the polls. Remember, because the Electoral College system favors Republicans, the Democratic candidate has to win by at least 3% points to win the election. (e.g., Hillary won the popular vote by 2.5% in 2016, but still lost the election.) But Trump is currently ahead in even the *popular* vote.
link to original post

The electoral college may favor republicans but the current make up of the electoral college does not. 2016 was a perfect storm. 2024 is shaping up to be a repeat of 2020. Republicans (and Trump for that matter) are just sitting back thinking wow things are so bad we have to win. Well how’d that plan work out for the midterms? Without looking too deep into it, I’m guessing the solid right/lean right count adds up to around 190 or 200. While the solid left/leans left probably is around 230. Basically every election republicans have to run the tables and democrats just have to hold onto what they got. In the end you have to get to 270. How is the republican going to get there? Virginia is way gone. Pennsylvania too. Georgia and Arizona are close behind. Michigan and Wisconsin are huge uphill battles. By 2028 Texas will be a swing state. While republicans love to talk about they are the party of America’s great past, democrats have been playing the 50 year plan for the past 30 years. The first part is ruining the states they control. So start with New York and California. Make it so bad that people move. So these people are moving to red states like New Jersey, New Hampshire, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and Utah. Next have massive immigration to blue states. It doesn’t matter if they’re illegal. This keeps their balance of seats in Congress and the electorate college.

Trump will be the last republican elected for at least a generation.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 29th, 2023 at 1:16:13 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

Are there any reliable and valid pols about the Electoral College so far?
link to original post

No.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 29th, 2023 at 2:29:13 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

the link shows that the results of the polling change almost on a daily basis...

You just repeated the link I provided in the previous post, and the data you summarized is inaccurate. 8/24 is for only the state of New Mexico, not the whole country. Of course Biden is ahead in New Mexico. And again, you can't look at just the +/- anyway in relation to zero, because Biden even if Biden were +2 (which he's not) that still means he'll lose the election due to the electoral college.

Today's polling shows Biden at -4, 0, and +1 compared to Trump. Meaning he's losing in every poll.
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2023 at 3:43:43 PM permalink
We don’t even know if Trump will be a free man next November, so I wouldn’t waste any time looking at polls in August 2023.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 29th, 2023 at 5:24:48 PM permalink
Being in prison won’t stop him from running or getting elected. And him getting convicted is unlikely to move the needle much with voters. All the indictments certainly didn’t. Everyone made up their minds a long time ago, and not much can change that. Hillary won the popular vote by 2.5 pts (and lost the election), Biden won by 4.5 pts. So maybe 2% of voters can be swayed, and that 2% will determine who wins and who loses.
ams288
ams288
August 29th, 2023 at 5:39:47 PM permalink

Being in prison won’t stop him from running or getting elected. And him getting convicted is unlikely to move the needle much with voters. All the indictments certainly didn’t. Everyone made up their minds a long time ago, and not much can change that. Hillary won the popular vote by 2.5 pts (and lost the election), Biden won by 4.5 pts. So maybe 2% of voters can be swayed, and that 2% will determine who wins and who loses.
link to original post

I disagree strongly with your analysis.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
August 29th, 2023 at 6:12:03 PM permalink

link to original post

Humor me. Which state that Trump lost last election do you want to bet on him winning this time? I’ll take Biden.
billryan
billryan
August 29th, 2023 at 6:23:54 PM permalink

link to original post

Humor me. Which state that Trump lost last election do you want to bet on him winning this time? I’ll take Biden.
link to original post

It's early, but I might see Nevada flipping.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 29th, 2023 at 7:38:19 PM permalink

Humor me. Which state that Trump lost last election do you want to bet on him winning this time?

I think all the swing states last time are in play this time. Why wouldn’t they be? Biden won Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin by the tiniest margins: 0.24%, 0.31%, and 0.63% respectively, and now Trump is polling much better than Biden compared to 2020. If the election were held today, Trump wins easily.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
August 29th, 2023 at 8:16:49 PM permalink

Humor me. Which state that Trump lost last election do you want to bet on him winning this time?

I think all the swing states last time are in play this time. Why wouldn’t they be? Biden won Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin by the tiniest margins: 0.24%, 0.31%, and 0.63% respectively, and now Trump is polling much better than Biden compared to 2020. If the election were held today, Trump wins easily.
link to original post

Georgia has since reelected Democrat Warnock to the US Senate, Arizona narrowly elected Democrat Katie Hobbs as Governor, Michigan reelected Governor Democrat Whitmer and Wisconsin elected a Democrat Supreme Court justice to give the Democrats a majority. Those swing states keep swinging left, even if ever so slimly. But, maybe in swing states the last election does not in any way inform the next one.

As well, the Dobbs decision changed the landscape, and perhaps that change will be long lasting. On this basis alone, provided the electorate remembers, I'd bet Biden wins those swing states again.
billryan
billryan
August 29th, 2023 at 8:38:32 PM permalink
Voter registration in Arizona and Nevada shows people moving there from Democratic states. I don't think Arizona is a swing state anymore, and the state Republican party is eating itself. All the moderate Republicans have left, and they don't seem to have any plan except to somehow install an Emperor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 29th, 2023 at 11:24:40 PM permalink
Delete delete
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
August 30th, 2023 at 3:56:17 AM permalink

link to original post

I can’t disagree more. If Trump is the nominee you and I will be doing some betting. There are enough people who despite hating everything about the Democrat party just can’t find a way to vote for Trump. And that number is continually growing. I mean look at Christie as sn example. He is as ‘anti-Democrat’ as you can be, and he wouldn’t vote for Trump. Just add a few % of such people and that ADDS to the victory the Dems had over Trump last election. I think the number of people who voted Biden last election that will switch to Trump is negligible.
ams288
ams288
August 30th, 2023 at 4:02:19 AM permalink
The Atlanta suburbs turn bluer by the hour. I know Democrats are very bullish on GA for 2024.

Arizona is going to try to put an abortion referendum on the ballot in 2024, which would effectively put that state in the D column as well.

If I had to bet on states flipping I think WI and NV would be the ones I’d look at.
billryan
billryan
August 30th, 2023 at 7:27:36 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

The Atlanta suburbs turn bluer by the hour. I know Democrats are very bullish on GA for 2024.

Arizona is going to try to put an abortion referendum on the ballot in 2024, which would effectively put that state in the D column as well.

If I had to bet on states flipping I think WI and NV would be the ones I’d look at.
link to original post

I don't see WI falling for trump a second time. Perhaps a different republican nominee. Nevada might be a problem but its only a few votes.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 31st, 2023 at 5:58:58 PM permalink

If Trump is the nominee you and I will be doing some betting.

For sure. I use the game theory tactic of betting on the outcome I *don't* want, anyway. That way I kind of win either way: I either get the outcome I wanted, or I get cash as a consolation prize. If you bet on what you *do* want to happen, you either win twice or not at all. It's why I bet on Trump to win in 2016, even though polls suggested he had only a 1/3 chance of winning.

There are enough people who despite hating everything about the Democrat party just can’t find a way to vote for Trump. And that number is continually growing....I think the number of people who voted Biden last election that will switch to Trump is negligible. link to original post

Well, not according to the polls. The latest poll (Economist, 8/29) has Trump at +1, which means, when considering Republicans' advantage with the electoral college, Biden is trailing by about four points. Other polls are similar. It looks bad for Biden right now. There's a lot of time between now and the election, but there's only a tiny percentage of people who might go one way or the other, and they're the ones who are gonna decide the election, one way or the other.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
August 31st, 2023 at 6:15:22 PM permalink

If Trump is the nominee you and I will be doing some betting.

For sure. I use the game theory tactic of betting on the outcome I *don't* want, anyway. That way I kind of win either way: I either get the outcome I wanted, or I get cash as a consolation prize. If you bet on what you *do* want to happen, you either win twice or not at all. It's why I bet on Trump to win in 2016, even though polls suggested he had only a 1/3 chance of winning.

There are enough people who despite hating everything about the Democrat party just can’t find a way to vote for Trump. And that number is continually growing....I think the number of people who voted Biden last election that will switch to Trump is negligible. link to original post

Well, not according to the polls. The latest poll (Economist, 8/29) has Trump at +1, which means, when considering Republicans' advantage with the electoral college, Biden is trailing by about four points. Other polls are similar. It looks bad for Biden right now. There's a lot of time between now and the election, but there's only a tiny percentage of people who might go one way or the other, and they're the ones who are gonna decide the election, one way or the other.
link to original post

Do we have any swing state polls yet?
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
August 31st, 2023 at 7:22:49 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

Do we have any swing state polls yet?

Why don't you click the link I dropped (and someone repeated) above and see for yourself?
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
September 3rd, 2023 at 8:11:58 AM permalink
The latest polls (8/30) have Trump at even or +1 vs. Biden, which means, after factoring in the electoral college, Trump is still 2-3 points ahead.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 3rd, 2023 at 5:59:33 PM permalink

The latest polls (8/30) have Trump at even or +1 vs. Biden, which means, after factoring in the electoral college, Trump is still 2-3 points ahead.
link to original post

With the election still 14 months away, this is all of course meaningless. It's the polls one year from now that you want to look at. Report came out today that said Joe Biden has spent 40% of his first term on vacation. This is a sly move on his part to make people think he's not really running and then next year he'll only take 30% of his time on vacation and he'll kill it on the campaign trail with that extra 10%.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 4th, 2023 at 4:30:52 PM permalink
If we considered this would it change the odds of any candidate in the 2024 election?

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 4th, 2023 at 4:36:26 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

If we considered this would it change the odds of any candidate in the 2024 election?

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
link to original post

Luckily no candidate that I know of has been charged with insurrection. You know something we don't know?
  • Jump to: