Thread Rating:

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 6
November 18th, 2018 at 7:31:01 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-raptors-20181117-story.html

I wonder who made LaVine sick to ruin the King's night of just watching his favorite team?

This conspiracy continues to grow with more people involved. Even the Tribune is in on it by "confirming" LaVine was coughing in the Locker Room.

All because some sweet young boy who grew up a Droned Out Jordan fan, like every other little tot of his time just wants to enjoy his team. I can picture the Young King in his 23 Jersey playing his Sega, just wanting to be "Like Mike".

And now, skip forward many years, and all because a small wager was placed in a sports book in Vegas by a "retired" 30 YO, a vast Right Wing Conspiracy has been put into motion to ruin this man's enjoyment.

Oh the horror. This world sure is sure screwed up, most of it just to F the King of Vegas.

Their ought to be a law. Or is it just poetic justice of the best kind?

This has the earmarks of a left wing conspiracy not a right wing conspiracy.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanks for this post from:
gamerfreakRogerKint
November 18th, 2018 at 7:38:43 AM permalink
I have done comprehensive studies of all competition world wide and the only one not rigged is that FIFA gaming tournament. That thing is LEGIT.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 131
November 18th, 2018 at 8:58:56 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

This has the earmarks of a left wing conspiracy not a right wing conspiracy.

Obviously. This is being done quietly and with amazing competence.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 95
November 18th, 2018 at 9:22:23 AM permalink
Are there some games across NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, MMA, Tennis that have been 'fixed'? Of course. Some felons have been caught, and it has been well documented. But to think it is commonplace is just plain crazy. Most in position to 'fix' a game just have too much to lose and not enough to gain. You think James Harden who makes 30+ million a year from NBA and 10+ million a year from endorsements is going to throw a game so his 'uncle' can make 10 grand on that game? You think Goodell is going to tell a ref to 'keep it close' because the 20 million a year he gets from the NFL isn't enough to feed his family? You think an NHL ref, making 300k a year wants to jeopardize that by risking going to jail? You may find the rare example, but it will not be pervasive.

Now, might the human factor play into some of these calls? Sure. A player goes down and the crowd screams. The human ref calls a foul even though there was no contact and the player just slipped. LeBron James shoots an airball and acts like he is hit, ref calls the foul. Timofey Mozgov makes the same miss, no foul. Not the ref fixing the game consciously. Just the human factor.

But, ZK, if you think I'm wrong (I'm not), then NOT doing what Axel says is just plain stupid. If you have identified a flaw in the lines or odds, and don't take advantage of it, well, nothing more needs to be said as I'm not in the mood to be suspended today.
billryan
billryan
BozRogerKint
November 18th, 2018 at 9:32:05 AM permalink
Zk is on a moral crusade and you folks are talking money. How crass.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
RS
RS
  • Threads: 57
November 18th, 2018 at 9:56:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Are there some games across NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, MMA, Tennis that have been 'fixed'? Of course. Some felons have been caught, and it has been well documented. But to think it is commonplace is just plain crazy. Most in position to 'fix' a game just have too much to lose and not enough to gain. You think James Harden who makes 30+ million a year from NBA and 10+ million a year from endorsements is going to throw a game so his 'uncle' can make 10 grand on that game? You think Goodell is going to tell a ref to 'keep it close' because the 20 million a year he gets from the NFL isn't enough to feed his family? You think an NHL ref, making 300k a year wants to jeopardize that by risking going to jail? You may find the rare example, but it will not be pervasive.

Now, might the human factor play into some of these calls? Sure. A player goes down and the crowd screams. The human ref calls a foul even though there was no contact and the player just slipped. LeBron James shoots an airball and acts like he is hit, ref calls the foul. Timofey Mozgov makes the same miss, no foul. Not the ref fixing the game consciously. Just the human factor.

But, ZK, if you think I'm wrong (I'm not), then NOT doing what Axel says is just plain stupid. If you have identified a flaw in the lines or odds, and don't take advantage of it, well, nothing more needs to be said as I'm not in the mood to be suspended today.

I donít particularly like that argument, because it assumes people act rationally. Itís like saying drunk driving doesnít exist because itís far cheaper to get an Uber than the (probability adjusted) cost of getting a DUI / dying / killing someone / etc. On top of that, people donít act rationally because games have been fixed. To say others wouldnít fix a game, yet it has been done, has to be some sort of logical fallacy.

Didnít the G.O.A.T. quarterback, Michael Vick, get in trouble for some supposed dog fighting? ďWhy would someone do that when heís making XYZ millions per year?!Ē

Iíd say almost 0% chance IF any rigging is happening itís coming from the booksí end. Itíd either be by refs being paid off personally or management pushing for closer games.

Also, I donít think itís necessarily improbable that refs are, for lack of better words, ďpushedĒ by management to keep games close to make them more exciting. Nobody wants to watch a total blow out. And especially in the NBA where you got super-teams that are practically a lock to make it to the top-4, itís not too exciting (not to mention, basketball is the least exciting sport to watch, and thatís objectively a fact! Lol).

I donít think thereís some widespread conspiracy where refs are fixing games all the time. And if it is happening, like what I just described, I think itíd have a small factor on the game in general, where it may change the outcome of the game a small % of the time.

Then again, I donít really give a s*** if theyíre rigged or not. And if they are, I wanna be in on it and be told whoís going to be favored.
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake. If the way is hazy. You gotta do the cookin' by the book. You know you can't be lazy. Never use a messy recipe. The cake will end up crazy. If you do the cookin' by the book. Then you'll have a... Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up. Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up Now back that Hey! Now back that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake (WHAT!) If the way is hazy (OKAY!) You gotta do the cookin' by the book, (WHAT!) You know you can't be lazy (YEAH!) Never use a messy recipe, (WHAT!) The cake will end up crazy (OKAY!) If you do the cookin' by the book, (YEEAAHHHH!) Then you'll have a...cake! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! You gotta do the cookin' by the book! HEY!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 95
November 18th, 2018 at 12:27:21 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I donít particularly like that argument, because it assumes people act rationally.
basketball is the least exciting sport to watch, and thatís objectively a fact! Lol).

I said MOST. Some have acted irrationally. I think it is EXTREMELY rare in the case of fixing a game.

I assume you do not consider baseball or soccer sports then. You can't possibly consider either of those sports exciting to watch.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
DRichunJonBozSM777
December 1st, 2018 at 10:30:28 PM permalink
Update on the Lock of The Century 2

Bulls 5-19 through 24 games.

On pace to go 17-65.

Will need to go 23-35 over the final 58 games in order for the lock of the century part 2 to be a winner.

However, earlier in this thread we learned the following :

-the nba is fixed
-healthy Bulls players are sitting out pretending they are hurt
-there is a franchise-wide conspiracy in Chicago to keep bettors of an obscure season win total prop from winning

We will stick with the above bullet point excuses for now, and if the bulls start winning we will switch to the ďI told you all it was a lock ď
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 115
michael99000OnceDearRigondeauxonenickelmiracle
December 2nd, 2018 at 7:37:16 AM permalink
If I win, itís because Iím a genius.

If I lose, it canít be my fault because Iím a genius.

A very dangerous way to live your life.
billryan
billryan
December 2nd, 2018 at 8:16:19 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

If I win, itís because Iím a genius.

If I lose, it canít be my fault because Iím a genius.

A very dangerous way to live your life.

The idea is not to lose.

• Jump to: