odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 8050
June 8th, 2018 at 4:23:43 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

And for those who enjoy a good conspiracy theory, what happened with the clock malfunction with ~2 minutes left???



have to believe there will be guys going to their grave believing someone figured the Caps had too much momentum and knew the game would be stopped till it was checked. Backstrom kept winning those final face-offs, awesome.

Go Caps! Winning in the face of House trickery - how appropriate for Vegas!*

*I don't believe that, just being a wiseguy
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: ďThanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!Ē She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13448
June 8th, 2018 at 8:41:46 AM permalink
I learned a lot in just a couple of weeks, and really appreciate the help in knowing what I was seeing. Got a new appreciation for the game, too.

Congrats to both the Caps and the Knights! Both deserving, both should celebrate. Well fought.

If Ovechkin isn't already the poster boy for perseverance and joy, he should be. Missing teeth and all.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 996
June 21st, 2018 at 4:08:17 PM permalink
Barry Trotz won the Cup as the coach of WAS and now will take more $$ to coach the NY Islanders. Good for him and the Islanders.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
June 21st, 2018 at 5:09:26 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Barry Trotz won the Cup as the coach of WAS and now will take more $$ to coach the NY Islanders. Good for him and the Islanders.



things like this is what really turns me off about pro sports.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
June 21st, 2018 at 6:11:27 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

things like this is what really turns me off about pro sports.



When management doesnít pay labor enough? I agree. Thatís one of the reasons I donít watch the nfl anymore.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
June 22nd, 2018 at 4:45:00 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

When management doesnít pay labor enough? I agree. Thatís one of the reasons I donít watch the nfl anymore.



I agree how the current structure is the labor needs paid better. I am more angry about the overall revenue. Prices need rolled back. Ticket prices, concessions, parking, advertising. I almost refuse to buy products from companies that have a large tv ad presence. Their proces could be so much lower if they didnt spend 100 million on ads.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4568
June 22nd, 2018 at 7:10:14 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I agree how the current structure is the labor needs paid better.



Now that you are a boss and have employees, lead the movement. Tell all of your employees that they are under paid and they will be getting a 50% raise starting today.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8851
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeaux
June 22nd, 2018 at 9:38:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Now that you are a boss and have employees, lead the movement. Tell all of your employees that they are under paid and they will be getting a 50% raise starting today.



Ahhh. But your logic is flawed.

My rates to my clients are 5% which is lower than anyone else in the city. I have 3 employees and the lowest paid of the 3 is making 20% more than the starting rate at other places in town. If I were overcharging my clients as happens with major league teams then I would gladly pay my employees more.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 2043
June 22nd, 2018 at 11:12:17 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Ahhh. But your logic is flawed.

My rates to my clients are 5% which is lower than anyone else in the city. I have 3 employees and the lowest paid of the 3 is making 20% more than the starting rate at other places in town. If I were overcharging my clients as happens with major league teams then I would gladly pay my employees more.



Sounds like you make a lot of effort to do the right thing.

  • Jump to: