onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 134
September 7th, 2017 at 2:08:32 PM permalink
Sometimes if it seems too good to be true, you're bipolar.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 14
September 7th, 2017 at 2:34:01 PM permalink
ZK has already said that the title is tongue in cheek. I might bet $20 with him or something just for fun.

I don't put much stock in handicapping of this sort, from most people. But it doesn't hurt to keep it filed away when line shopping. Maybe you can find this play with effectively no juice, or just slightly +ev.

The NBA should follow the model used by most fantasy sports leagues, where the bottom level teams are rewarded for winning. Like, the 4th worst team gets the most ping pong balls, the 3rd worst gets the second most, etc. The stretch run would be exciting for fans of those teams, especially when there is a can't miss star to be had with the first pick, like James or Greg Odin. It would be a lot like the relegation battle in soccer.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 16
September 7th, 2017 at 3:58:15 PM permalink
Greg Oden huh? Lol thanks for the chuckle.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 11
October 17th, 2017 at 10:04:30 AM permalink
NBA season starts tonight.

CHI's season starts on Thursday. Looks like the number has moved a bit ~22.5 over/under. CHI went 3-3 in preseason.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 1
October 17th, 2017 at 10:11:05 AM permalink
Very easy fade here. A rebuilding team, who has their draft pick (reason to not win) and the current worst roster in the NBA.

Under for 1 unit.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 11
October 19th, 2017 at 6:55:22 PM permalink
0-1 (81 more games left)

IMO (one game in), defense is going to be a problem. Offense showed some potential.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 76
October 19th, 2017 at 7:24:44 PM permalink
I had the over 26 with the Nets. Was hoping Jeremy Lin would be able to play at least 50 games. He didn't last 50 minutes, as is out for the season. Frkn dreadlocks.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 25
October 20th, 2017 at 5:30:02 AM permalink
The first game for the bulls was irrelevamt due to so many of our main players out. Dunn is out, Lavine is out, Mirotic is out due to the fight with portis, and portis is suspended 8 games. Its interesting how the buyout of wade didnt lower our wins but has in fact raised it up 1 win.

I still think we should be able to get over the current 22 wins if we get everyone back and healthy, but it might be closer than i originally thought due to all that has happened since my original post such as the injuries, suspensions, wade buyout etc. The fight with portis and mirotic could hurt chemistry and one of them might be traded. I just dont see how both of them will coexist after that brawl leaving mirotic in the hospital so management might get rid of one or both and who knows who we w ill get. I also thought lavine would be ready by the beginning of the season and it looks like he will only come back in december and the bulls seem to be letting him take his time probably because they want to tank and that alone makes me fearful to touch the over on the bulls. You just never know what a depleted talented roster has in mind, but luckily after this year, teams wont be able to tank due to the new system in place though, so that is good.

I think the under Golden state is a much better pick, idk what its currently at but if its still at 67 or 68 thats an easy under even before their opening loss.
Last edited by: ZenKinG on Oct 20, 2017
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 1
October 20th, 2017 at 9:21:45 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

I still think we should be able to get over the current 22 wins if we get everyone back and healthy, but it might be closer than i originally thought.

I think the under Golden state is a much better pick, idk what its currently at but if its still at 67 or 68 thats an easy under even before their opening loss.

The "LOCK OF THE CENTURY" is no more?!?
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 25
October 20th, 2017 at 10:42:41 AM permalink
Quote: SM777

The "LOCK OF THE CENTURY" is no more?!?

I wasnt anticipating teammates putting each other in the hospital and lavine not being ready by the first game of the season as well as dunn being hurt. Dunn should be back saturday though, but still the other 3 missing players are 3 of their better players. Also when I first wrote the post, I said the big question was regarding if Wade gets bought out or not and if he didn't I dont know how we wouldn't go over. He did get bought out and now it's all young guns. It's not the lock of the century anymore, but still a decent bet to go over I think.

As a depressed bulls fan at least I can smile knowing we got the next Dirk Nowitzki in Markannen, you heard it here first!
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF

• Jump to: