Thread Rating:

boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 9th, 2013 at 9:02:52 PM permalink
It's still you, Buzz, and Boz with 4/5.

A couple of people are capable of getting 4/5 or 5/6 depending on the outcome of the latenight game, which looks early to be going the way of the Chargers at the half.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 9th, 2013 at 9:05:12 PM permalink
Hope somebody makes 5 of 6 to please the cry babies.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 9th, 2013 at 9:14:48 PM permalink
Knuckleball3 can do 5/5 with Houston, as can AyeCarumba with Houston AND the Over.
FourFiveFace can do 5/6 with Houston.
Paradigm can hit 4/5 with Houston while theCessPit can do it with San Diego.
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
  • Threads: 15
September 9th, 2013 at 10:52:14 PM permalink
0-5 for me. A strong start to the season. Maybe next week I'll let the fiancée make all of my picks. The sad thing is, I put a bit of time and effort into these picks and still went 0-5. Good news is, she can't do worse than I did!
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
September 9th, 2013 at 11:03:32 PM permalink
Mission, I see one typo / mistake.

On your results page, you list ZoomZoom8 has having a record of 2-3. His record should be 3-3.

Other than that, everything looks good.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
September 9th, 2013 at 11:06:35 PM permalink
Thanks, EdCollins, I'll correct that now!

EDIT: It was 3-3, one of the losses was a Confidence, so two mistakes.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
September 10th, 2013 at 12:06:07 AM permalink
Greetings!

The Week 1 Standings can be found below, and the results are the post above:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/14893-wov-picks-game-2013-official-thread/#post268133

1.) We did not have a good first week.

-The record for the week was 92-116 for .442, but Confidence Picks going 7-10 for .412 hurt that a bit. Therefore, our actual record for Week 1 was 85-106 for .445.

It's not much better, but I'll take it.

2.) Late Picks

-Okay, we had two sets of Picks come in late this week and both of them were allowed, but this is the first and only week that will be the case. Starting with Week 2, the only way Picks will be accepted after I have posted all of the Picks is if I literally have a message pop up saying I have a new PM as soon as I submit everyone's Picks.

-Interestingly, this game wasn't originally designed to have the Picks posted prior to the results being known, and in fact, the first two Weeks of last year's WoV Picks Game were played, "In the dark." If my memory serves me correctly, it was AyeCarumba who originally suggested that the Picks be made known prior to Sunday kickoff and the vote on the matter won resoundingly.

-Even though it wouldn't apply yet, the ability to see the Picks of others before making your own could result in the potential for, "Fading," the leader at some point in the season. That wouldn't necessarily mean you pick the exact opposite of what the leader does, but it would mean that you not pick the same Line. It's easier just to draw a firm line in the sand on late Picks now than it is to specifically decide when, "Fading," becomes an issue, so that's what I'm doing.

3.) We only have two players who are capable of perfect records, except they haven't made any Picks yet.

4.) We have six players who could go winless, and two haven't made any Picks yet.

I hope everyone is having fun so far, sixteen more weeks to go!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 10th, 2013 at 5:18:08 AM permalink
The leader board looks OK to me.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
September 10th, 2013 at 10:49:03 AM permalink
Another Safety last night.....that made 4 in this weekend's games.....Wiz this may be the year to lay off the "No Safety" bet in the Superbowl!!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
September 10th, 2013 at 10:57:24 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

The leader board looks OK to me.

I think the top two are the wrong way around ;)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
September 10th, 2013 at 11:04:42 AM permalink
So if the season ended just like this- if i understand the rules right- Id owe Buzzard $63.30?
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
September 10th, 2013 at 11:21:35 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru

So if the season ended just like this- if i understand the rules right- Id owe Buzzard $63.30?

That's correct. But as I'm sure you realize, the low percentages and higher percentages converge toward .500 as the season progresses.
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 10th, 2013 at 11:31:31 AM permalink

So if the season ended just like this- if I understand the rules right- Id owe Buzzard $63.30?

Only if he won the four way tie at first place in the superbowl :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 10th, 2013 at 11:41:12 AM permalink

I will let you off the hook for $6.43 right now. Yes, I do accept Paypal.

Babs, still time to accept my very generous offer of only $19 on our side bet.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 10th, 2013 at 7:48:26 PM permalink
Hi Mission,

Hey, I wanted to tell you I really appreciate you taking the time to manage the contest.

That being said, I think I can make your life easier. I'm sure you're grading everyone's picks "by hand." In this digital age, you shouldn't have to do that. So I wrote a program to do it for you.

It's an Excel macro and thus requires MS Excel to run. You can find a copy of it here.

http://www.edcollins.com/wov_nfl_football_contest_calculator_version_1.0.xlsm

Obviously, others are welcome to use it too. At the least, you could use it to double-check your own grading.

There are just three steps to use it.

(Step 1) Enter the spread and the over/under line we're using, in the appropriate columns in the NFL Results tab. For week #1, this has been done already, so you can see how it's done.

(Step 2) Enter everyone's picks/predictions on the Summary & Picks tab. For week #1, this has been done already, so you can see how it's done. The format is the same as you posted them; (player name, (optional) blank space, five lines of picks, (optional blank space), etc.)

(Step 3) Once the results of the NFL games are known, enter the final scores in the NFL Results tab, in the appropriate columns. Again, for week #1, this has been done already, so you can see how it's done.

That's it. Once you do those three steps. you then just click the button marked Update Contest Results. The programming logic will then grade everyone's predictions for you, based upon the spread/lines and final scores you designated in steps 1 and 2. As you might suspect, the program grades everything in the blink of an eye.

The program is very forgiving. Entries (username and picks) can be entered in uppercase or lowercase. Entries can contain the mascot names OR the names of the NFL city (or both). Even several mascot nicknames (Pats, Pokes, Skins, Dogs, Jags, Vikes, etc.) are all recognized by the program.

When entering each player's picks each week, they can be entered in any order. You don't have to always begin with the same person, for example.

Graded entries are automatically color-coded, to make it easy to see how everyone did.

A Help tab is included with a few notes/comments, some of which are already mentioned here.

The program seems to be working as desired, but I wouldn't be surprised if a situation comes up that I didn't anticipate. For Week #1. I checked your graded results with the program results, and it's a perfect match.

Let me know what you think and thanks again for your efforts.
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 10th, 2013 at 8:07:35 PM permalink
Ed, you just gave me a boner. Great work (I don't want to ask you on a date, but macros are extremely sexy).
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 10th, 2013 at 8:47:52 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Ed, you just gave me a boner. Great work (I don't want to ask you on a date, but macros are extremely sexy).

Ed, I don't get boners, and Buzz has dumped me, so I am accepting dates. Let me agree about your sexy macros and say thank you as well. SAAAA-WEET!!!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 10th, 2013 at 9:13:49 PM permalink
Well Babs , you had the affair, not me. And I will never find another like you. SIGH
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
September 10th, 2013 at 9:21:45 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

4.) We have six players who could go winless, and two haven't made any Picks yet.

Thanks for rubbing it in, Mission. 6 Players could go winless and only 4 have actually made any picks, meaning that I am one of the illustrious 4 to go 0-5 (or 0-6 I suppose for others) in week 1. Pretty strong stuff. Perhaps I'll throw a dart at a list of teams this week and go with whoever the dart sticks to. As stated earlier, it couldn't go much worse.
Mission146
Mission146
September 10th, 2013 at 10:35:52 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Hi Mission,

Hey, I wanted to tell you I really appreciate you taking the time to manage the contest.

Thanks, I have more fun running it than most people have playing it, I think!

Quote:

That being said, I think I can make your life easier. I'm sure you're grading everyone's picks "by hand." In this digital age, you shouldn't have to do that. So I wrote a program to do it for you.

It's an Excel macro and thus requires MS Excel to run. You can find a copy of it here.

http://www.edcollins.com/wov_nfl_football_contest_calculator_version_1.0.xlsm

Obviously, others are welcome to use it too. At the least, you could use it to double-check your own grading.

I don't really do it by hand, I copy/paste everyone's Picks into a post, and then I print out the results of all of the games and compare them to the Picks. That's why I've been such a Fascist about formatting this year, uniform formatting just makes it much easier.

That's awesome about you writing a program, I really appreciate that, let me take a look:

WOW!!! Are you serious!!!??? How did you make the computer do that? I can even Copy/Paste to/from it! It plays the game perfectly! It even designates a Confidence Pick from a Regular Pick for me, and counts the Confidence Pick as two losses!

How long did this take? I really appreciate it, but I feel bad because it must have taken forever! I'm definitely using this from now on, though!

This is crazy! You even have the whole entire season schedule inputted already! You are the man!!!

I think this might be the best present I've ever received.

Quote:

That's it. Once you do those three steps. you then just click the button marked Update Contest Results. The programming logic will then grade everyone's predictions for you, based upon the spread/lines and final scores you designated in steps 1 and 2. As you might suspect, the program grades everything in the blink of an eye.

The blink of an eye is certainly much faster than I grade them!

That's incredible!!!
Mission146
Mission146
September 10th, 2013 at 10:37:18 PM permalink
Quote: duckmankilla

Thanks for rubbing it in, Mission. 6 Players could go winless and only 4 have actually made any picks, meaning that I am one of the illustrious 4 to go 0-5 (or 0-6 I suppose for others) in week 1. Pretty strong stuff. Perhaps I'll throw a dart at a list of teams this week and go with whoever the dart sticks to. As stated earlier, it couldn't go much worse.

There's only one way to go from here, think of it that way! I tend to hope one of the two teams that didn't pick go unbeaten this week, though. I was hoping we'd have an unbeaten team at least until Week 3.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 10th, 2013 at 11:09:10 PM permalink
Yes, you can copy and paste to and from. More importantly, when you post everyone's picks, anyone who wishes to use it can copy what YOU post and then paste that directly into the spreadsheet. So no typing for anyone.

How long did it take? Not as long as you think. Several hours, obviously. I can program pretty quickly. I started it Sunday and I finished it early this evening. Actually, it was good practice for me, and writing code is one of my hobbies. I'm still new to Visual Basic and Excel.

It still may have a bug or two, especially if you try to make the program crash and deliberately feed it bad data or data in a format that it's not expecting. But I'll be around for bug fixes, obviously.

You, the host, will still have to verify that each person only picks, at most, ONE confidence pick. The program currently doesn't check for this rule (although it wouldn't be hard to add for a future version).

You will also have to verify that a player doesn't pick the OVER and the UNDER for the same game, or the favorite and the underdog for the same game, which I recall was another rule. The program isn't checking for this either.

Yes, confidence picks are designated as two wins or two losses. Ties (Pushes) are not counted at all.

I downloaded the entire season schedule, so none of that I entered by hand.

When testing, I inputted fake lines and fake scores for Week 2, just to make sure the programming logic works for more than one week. So far, it all seems to be working as intended.

Glad you liked it. I'm looking forward to using it and playing with it and testing it out a bit more this weekend, with actual data instead of my fake data.
Mission146
Mission146
September 10th, 2013 at 11:25:26 PM permalink

Yes, you can copy and paste to and from. More importantly, when you post everyone's picks, anyone who wishes to use it can copy what YOU post and then paste that directly into the spreadsheet. So no typing for anyone.

How long did it take? Not as long as you think. Several hours, obviously. I can program pretty quickly. I started it Sunday and I finished it early this evening. Actually, it was good practice for me, and writing code is one of my hobbies. I'm still new to Visual Basic and Excel.

I thought that was cool, too, for the first paragraph. Anyone who wants to verify all of the Results/Standings doesn't have to go through and verify every game one at a time in order to do so.

I don't know how I could possibly repay you for doing that, especially if it took that many hours! If you can think of anything, let me know.

Quote:

It still may have a bug or two, especially if you try to make the program crash and deliberately feed it bad data or data in a format that it's not expecting. But I'll be around for bug fixes, obviously.

You, the host, will still have to verify that each person only picks, at most, ONE confidence pick. The program currently doesn't check for this rule (although it wouldn't be hard to add for a future version).

You will also have to verify that a player doesn't pick the OVER and the UNDER for the same game, or the favorite and the underdog for the same game, which I recall was another rule. The program isn't checking for this either.

I'm going to be in good shape on the first part, because I wouldn't know how to try to make a program crash. I just try to use stuff, and it either crashes or it doesn't...lol The other two things happen very rarely, but are easy to check for. The most common one, and the one I had this week, was someone accidentally submitting six Picks.

Quote:

Yes, confidence picks are designated as two wins or two losses. Ties (Pushes) are not counted at all.

I downloaded the entire season schedule, so none of that I entered by hand.

When testing, I inputted fake lines and fake scores for Week 2, just to make sure the programming logic works for more than one week. So far, it all seems to be working as intended.

I've been doing the same thing, just coming up with ridiculous Lines and Picks to see if the program will behave correctly with respect to spitting out results, and it has been correct every single time!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 10th, 2013 at 11:54:58 PM permalink
This is the coolest site! I'm adding Ed to my already huge list of amazing people on here. What a talent. Such a creative, concise, clean program. Nice work, really.
Mission146
Mission146
September 11th, 2013 at 12:00:32 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This is the coolest site! I'm adding Ed to my already huge list of amazing people on here. What a talent. Such a creative, concise, clean program. Nice work, really.

His website is awesome, too! It's just www.edcollins.com
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
September 11th, 2013 at 3:16:27 AM permalink
Another very slick programming effort by Ed Collins, sweet! I can crash Excel with the best of them but this one seems bulletproof so far.

Question: since your Ed's Office Pool NFL calculator fetches scores from the internet on demand, possible to add that functionality to a future version of this program?

Again, nice job Ed and thanx for sharing.

CM
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze
  • Threads: 13
September 11th, 2013 at 5:06:46 AM permalink
EdCollins-

How did you learn to do this? Read a book? Take a class? A website? Please explain.

I would love to learn how to do this. I see many uses. Thanks man.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see.
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 11th, 2013 at 5:47:19 AM permalink
I learned Excel macros 10+ years ago. You write visual basic routines to analyze and manipulate cells. This routine is fairly complex, which it why it gave me a proverbial boner. Very cool. It's a rare skill set because there are limited uses to using VBA within Excel, as 99% of the world's users don't create macros.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 11th, 2013 at 7:57:05 AM permalink
chickenman: Yea, I thought of that. If I included a button to download the scores automatically, that would eliminate one of the three steps. My office pool calculator actually grabs the scores from two different websites. One site for the current week's scores and another site for past scores.

I'm not convinced it's worth the effort... it only takes a minute or so to enter the final scores. But I will consider it.

KeyserSoze: Well, I have a little bit of a programming background. I was programming in COBOL, on a mainframe, in the late 1980s. I only very recently (last year) learned how to code in Excel using Visual Basic. I did already know PowerBASIC, and so that helped a little, I think. But once you know the basics of coding, you can program in any language, once you learn and figure out the syntax of that language. That was what I had to do with Excel... learn how to interact with the cells.

When I was learning about VB macros last year, I had LOTS and LOTS of questions. But there are many forums available. I think every question I had had been asked by someone, often many people, many times before, so it was just a matter of using Google to ask the question, check out all the links that were returned, and then experimenting with the answers I found.

Yea, there are many, many uses. Over the past year I've written lots of macros for some of our users at work. Some of them are used daily, and some are just used weekly. My latest project saves one user about 60 minutes of time each week. It took her about a hour each week to create a "weekly comparison report" that compares data from the current week with data from the same week last year. My program now creates this entire report for her, at the click of a button. She loves it.

Late last night I thought of new option for our program... to color-code the results (I'm doing this now, by default) OR to add the word (WIN) or (LOSS) or (PUSH) after the selection. (Or both, I suppose.) Reason: When Mission copies the weekly results to paste here in this forum, the color formatting won't stay. So he might desire, for example, to display the win, loss, push after each selection when he posts them, like he did in Week 1.

Thank you all for your warm comments.
Mission146
Mission146
September 11th, 2013 at 10:11:27 AM permalink

Reason: When Mission copies the weekly results to paste here in this forum, the color formatting won't stay. So he might desire, for example, to display the win, loss, push after each selection when he posts them, like he did in Week 1.

Thank you all for your warm comments.

If you want to do that, we can, if not, it's fine. The main reason for my doing that is to give people the opportunity to double-check their results against the games, so that they can ensure that I didn't make any mistakes. Your computer program is incapable of making a mistake, and even if it weren't, people could just check all of their games against their weekly record and make sure it jibes.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 11th, 2013 at 11:26:35 AM permalink
It's already been coded. I coded it during my break this morning. :)

It will be in the next update.
duckmankilla
duckmankilla
September 11th, 2013 at 12:15:25 PM permalink
This really is incredible. Here I am thinking that I'm all cool for entering formulas and saving time that way, and here comes Ed who writes an entire program and with the click of a button spits out results. Mind... blown. Awesome work Ed, wish I had gotten more into the computer programming side of things throughout my school years. This stuff is awesome.
Mission146
Mission146
September 11th, 2013 at 9:52:49 PM permalink
The Week 2 Lines have been posted:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/14893-wov-picks-game-2013-official-thread/#post268515

I see all kinds of weak Lines and plan to go 4-1 this week, unless I don't.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 11th, 2013 at 10:21:01 PM permalink
Okay, we are really styling now. Updated version found here.

http://www.edcollins.com/wov_nfl_football_contest_calculator_version_1.18.xlsm

I'm done. Gonna move on to other projects. (Again, unless a bug appears which needs fixing, which is certainly possible now, with a program this size.)

The biggest change with this version is the new, Player Consensus tab, which will probably be worthwhile to view and peruse. Note this tab will provide data when you click the button and "grade the player picks" even when there are no picks yet to grade. Meaning, after Mission has provided us with everyone's picks, we can see the player consensus data on this tab simply by clicking the Grade button and then swapping over to that new Consensus tab.

6 user options are now provided, so that each user can configure some of the output to their own liking.

I can think of more things to add, but anything else would be overkill. (Yea, I know... it's overkill already.) Maybe I'll add them next year.

Enjoy. (And thanks to everyone for their warm comments about the program.)
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 11th, 2013 at 10:21:52 PM permalink
Here's the list of updates:

Version 1.18
---------------
Added an option that allows the user to color-code the results, or add the words WIN, LOSS, PUSH to the results, or both, or neither.

Whoops. I should be using the Wizard of Vegas graphic, not the Wizard of Odds graphic.

Removed the hard-coded "Summary & Picks" worksheet tab references. The user can now rename any of the worksheet tabs, if desired, and the program won't crash.

Increased the number of possible players to 100.

Re-formatted the NFL Results page. (The NFL Week looks better in the far left column, next to the date.)

Added an option for the user to right-justify the graded picks, if desired.

Added an option for the user to append the weekly player's score after each player's name, in the Weekly Picks column, rather than doing it by default.

Added an option to allow the user to sort the weekly picks by winning percentage, or to sort the picks alphabetically by name, rather than sorting
alphabetically by name by default.

Added an option to allow the user to alternate the row shading in the cumulative results section.

Added a check to make sure a user didn't enter more than one Confidence pick.

Added "Bolts" as a valid nickname for the Chargers.

The Home Score and the Visitor Score headings, on the NFL Lines & Results page, were inverted. Whoops. Now fixed. (Thanks to YouCanBetOnThat for noticing this.)

Added an option to display the Excel statements as the program is being run. (Animation On / Off.)

Added the Player Consensus tab and the logic to update it.

Added a button to ungrade the picks, rather than a "secret switch."

Renamed the button from Update Contest Results to Grade Player Picks (More descriptive, I think.)

Added a button to toggle that damn Excel Ribbon.

Renamed the tabs, reformatted this page, and various other clean ups too various to mention.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 12th, 2013 at 6:42:20 AM permalink
Ed, saw your collection of poker books. Can I ask why Super System is not there ? Came out in 1970's at $100, when Beat the Dealer was still $1.99. Ranks number 1 in poker book sales even today at Amazon. Just curious !
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 12th, 2013 at 6:50:14 AM permalink
Ever thought about adding an envy payout for the f 10 players to finish in 2nd thru 11th after I win? Just asking.
Mission146
Mission146
September 12th, 2013 at 8:08:10 AM permalink

Ever thought about adding an envy payout for the f 10 players to finish in 2nd thru 11th after I win? Just asking.

There was a vote last year that would have extended payouts to the Top Three, after the game was over, but the vote failed. I would be inclined to believe that it will be voted upon again this year, because it only takes one person to raise the issue in the changes thread for it to warrant a vote. We'll see how it goes this year, don't know if it will pass, but it should be closer.
EdCollins
EdCollins
September 12th, 2013 at 8:25:00 AM permalink

Ed, saw your collection of poker books. Can I ask why Super System is not there ? Came out in 1970's at $100, when Beat the Dealer was still $1.99. Ranks number 1 in poker book sales even today at Amazon. Just curious !

Put your glasses on this time and look again. It's there. :)
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 12th, 2013 at 6:22:57 PM permalink
Get your picks in now. And remember, no crying allowed on Sunday. Hopefully I will improve over last week.

Babs, this is reality, not fantasy. Thanks for PM'ing me your NFL cheerleader pix.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 12th, 2013 at 6:39:30 PM permalink
Buzzard,

Why do you always bring up old history in public? Don't, whatever you do, go looking up "Girls of the Midwest" again. I'm still not fully unclothed.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 12th, 2013 at 6:44:30 PM permalink
Sometimes I am so DUMB. But you already knew that !
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 12th, 2013 at 7:17:50 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

There was a vote last year that would have extended payouts to the Top Three, after the game was over, but the vote failed. I would be inclined to believe that it will be voted upon again this year, because it only takes one person to raise the issue in the changes thread for it to warrant a vote. We'll see how it goes this year, don't know if it will pass, but it should be closer.

I like one winner. It makes things simpler when the season is over. This is coming from a 0-4 start. Gotta keep playing, at my rate of .00 vs 80, I can only cut down on my loss by continuing to play, maybe win(gotta be positive). I also play a game called survivor football every year with a group of about 60, chipping in 10 each. You simply pick one winner each week to survive. The catch is you cant pick that team anymore continuing into the season. So as you get deeper into the season, you have less teams to pick from if you have survived so far. I won our group , about 600, a few years back. It was great timing because I had just gotten back from Vegas losing about 600.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 12th, 2013 at 8:22:18 PM permalink
I like one winner as well. Especially when that winner is me. But sometimes I feel I should do something to level the playing field.

But I have no idea how to figure a fair handicap for me.
thecesspit
thecesspit
September 13th, 2013 at 12:28:46 AM permalink

Get your picks in now. And remember, no crying allowed on Sunday. Hopefully I will improve over last week.

Babs, this is reality, not fantasy. Thanks for PM'ing me your NFL cheerleader pix.

Buzz! Revealing the contents of a PM! I'm shocked at you :)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
September 13th, 2013 at 6:33:47 AM permalink

I like one winner as well. Especially when that winner is me. But sometimes I feel I should do something to level the playing field.

But I have no idea how to figure a fair handicap for me.

Apparently it should involve hammers, car trunks, and goombas....KIDDING.
Mission146
Mission146
September 13th, 2013 at 8:42:49 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I like one winner. It makes things simpler when the season is over. This is coming from a 0-4 start. Gotta keep playing, at my rate of .00 vs 80, I can only cut down on my loss by continuing to play, maybe win(gotta be positive). I also play a game called survivor football every year with a group of about 60, chipping in 10 each. You simply pick one winner each week to survive. The catch is you cant pick that team anymore continuing into the season. So as you get deeper into the season, you have less teams to pick from if you have survived so far. I won our group , about 600, a few years back. It was great timing because I had just gotten back from Vegas losing about 600.

I've never won a Survivor game, and only cashed at Fantasy Football once, despite having the league's overall highest scoring team on four different occasions!!! Always seem to get other teams at the wrong time, I once had the highest scoring team...by fifty points...and a losing record!

Multiple winners wouldn't be too difficult, I see the point of someone needing to send money to multiple people. However, I would just assign certain losers to pay certain winners to simplify it. The Top Finisher would still be the only one to get my $25.
Buzzard
Buzzard
September 13th, 2013 at 8:49:03 AM permalink
I do offer generous discounts for early payoffs as the season progresses and losers fall by the wayside
Mission146
Mission146
September 13th, 2013 at 9:30:59 PM permalink
Greetings,

The reminders for this week have all been sent out.
Mission146
Mission146
September 15th, 2013 at 12:20:19 AM permalink
Greetings!

The Week 2 Picks have been posted:

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/14893-wov-picks-game-2013-official-thread/#post269092

Good luck, everyone!
  • Jump to: