MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 25th, 2011 at 11:35:06 PM permalink
Slots are programmed to guarantee a certain dollar return to the house, expressed in percentage.

My favorite slot is a multi-denom 2x3x4x5x IGT machine: occasionally I bet 2 credits X $20 each ($40) and hope for the best, but usually I bet 2 credits X $1 ($2).

Question: Am I just as likely to hit a jackpot with max bet as I am with minimum bet?

It seems that if a machine is programmed to pay off a certain amount of total take in the long run, then perhaps it might be programmed to payoff less frequently when more money is bet?

I certainly hope not!

Thoughts?
"What, me worry?"
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
January 25th, 2011 at 11:46:29 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Slots are programmed to guarantee a certain dollar return to the house, expressed in percentage.
It seems that if a machine is programmed to pay off a certain amount of total take in the long run, then perhaps it might be programmed to payoff less frequently when more money is bet?

They aren't. It's against the law, in NV at least. Slot machines are only expected to produce a certain return.

No machines are produced that could payoff less frequently while concealing it. The chances of each symbol appearing are electronically controlled, but fixed. Some machines, like video poker, pay off *more* when more money is bet, but this is transparent in pay tables.

Make no mistake, they still are one-armed bandits, but they rob all victims with equal zeal.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
  • Jump to: