darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Mission146ChallengedMilly
November 10th, 2023 at 2:25:26 PM permalink
I noticed a vulturing opportunity that appeared to have a Vulture deterrent.

It was simple enough. The ability to cycle through the opportunities was disabled without inserting cash.

Simply wandering around and hitting a few buttons to observe the screens of different amount takes extra time.

If I was a determined vulture that wouldn't stop me. I would just walk around with a $20 TITO but I did notice playing this game that it seems to have had the desired affect. Almost no vultures stopped by to check the game.

Maybe they were fooled because they tried the denominations and seeing they didn't cycle through just assumed these were not variable state.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 2:41:09 PM permalink
Cash man bingo and Magic Lantern are like that at my usual shop. Also The old Aladdin 3D.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 2:54:24 PM permalink
Some variable state games cannot be cycled on the console. However, they can be cycled on the main screen even without credits.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
OKAY
OKAY
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
HunterhillMission146
November 10th, 2023 at 3:16:29 PM permalink
Everyone and their parents knew how to defeat the silly tactic when it hit the floor about a year+ ago. old. agree it does take more if their time so some will skip it
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 3:58:34 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

Cash man bingo and Magic Lantern are like that at my usual shop. Also The old Aladdin 3D.
link to original post

If I may ask...
Doesn't the Cashman Bingo display all the current status information on the "button deck" panel?
(It does at all the shops where I've seen it, even if changing the big screen is disabled without credits.)
May the cards fall in your favor.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 4:05:38 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: linksjunkie

link to original post

If I may ask...
Doesn't the Cashman Bingo display all the current status information on the "button deck" panel?
(It does at all the shops where I've seen it, even if changing the big screen is disabled without credits.)
link to original post

That is correct so it's not the type of deterrent I mentioned in my OP.

This new game you wouldn't even know was a Vulture opportunity without playing it first or reading the rules.

Unlike most vulture games where just observing how the screen changes alerts me it's likely a vulture game
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 5:28:57 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It was simple enough. The ability to cycle through the opportunities was disabled without inserting cash.

Simply wandering around and hitting a few buttons to observe the screens of different amount takes extra time.

If I was a determined vulture that wouldn't stop me. I would just walk around with a $20 TITO but I did notice playing this game that it seems to have had the desired affect. Almost no vultures stopped by to check the game.

Maybe they were fooled because they tried the denominations and seeing they didn't cycle through just assumed these were not variable state.
link to original post

This feature is somewhat of a deterrent.
if i checked the machine already a few hrs ago, i'm probably not going to spend the effort to insert a tito to check them again, then cash out and move to the next machine in the bank.

but there's an even more insidious deterrent.
putting in $ and pressing any denom multiplier automatically spins!

edit:
pressing any bet button, not denom
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 5:33:59 PM permalink
denom or multiplier?
I've never seen a denom change initiate a spin...
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 642
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 5:42:05 PM permalink

denom or multiplier?
link to original post

i was referring to bet amount so i always say denom.
But multiplier is the correct term.
edited my post.
thx
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Thanked by
Mission146
November 10th, 2023 at 5:44:08 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

denom or multiplier?
link to original post

i was referring to bet amount so i always say denom.
But multiplier is the correct term.
thx
link to original post

Gotcha. Thanks for indulging my pedantry.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 11th, 2023 at 11:17:39 AM permalink

link to original post

Some machines have had those for a few years; they probably just hadn't made it to your area yet.

Most commonly, it seems that a lot of the multi-game units (with stuff like Scarab and Egypt) have it set up that way. There are also some machines that are semi setup that way, which is to say that, if there are any credits on there, you can only check bet levels that the credits are sufficient to cover. Some (but maybe not all) Cash Falls games are this way. That's especially annoying because if someone leaves pennies on it, then you have to ticket that out AND insert your ticket.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
Thanked by
Mission146
November 11th, 2023 at 12:18:19 PM permalink
My shop has some converted cabinets (I think they were originally Joe Blow if I recall correctly). The “ button deck” doesn’t display anything.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
Sulfur5989
Sulfur5989
  • Threads: 7
November 13th, 2023 at 4:06:07 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

link to original post

This feature is somewhat of a deterrent.
if i checked the machine already a few hrs ago, i'm probably not going to spend the effort to insert a tito to check them again, then cash out and move to the next machine in the bank.

but there's an even more insidious deterrent.
putting in $ and pressing any denom multiplier automatically spins!

edit:
pressing any bet button, not denom
link to original post

Buffalo links are like that, you counter that by inserting a pennies ticket, and then when it ask you to spin for less you click no and go through denoms. I've played in 3 countries now and its very common to have to put a ticket to see the different states. As mentionned green lanterns is one, buffalo link, some lucky buddhas. Some you can not change the bet on the panel, but you can by the touchscreen to mitigate.
  • Jump to: